Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,915 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:42 AM

30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu (14698 Views)

Update: Fuel Supply Situation Nationwide / FG Walks Closer To Ending Fuel Supply And Distribution Problem / BBC Laments Over Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity As #End fuel crisisnow Trends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by Adesiji77: 8:28pm On Apr 25, 2016
Nigeria’s government is planning to plant tracking devices on trucks because nearly a third of the country’s fuel supply is being stolen in the midst of crippling shortages in Africa’s largest oil producer.

About 30 percent of Nigeria’s refined fuel is being “diverted” and often smuggled into neighboring countries, Emmanuel Kachikwu, state minister for petroleum resources, told a town hall meeting in Lagos, the commercial capital on Monday. None of the trucks transporting fuel across the country are being tracked, despite on and off shortages in the past year, he said.

“We need a whole army to stop this from happening,” he said, referring to the widespread theft.

The most severe fuel scarcity in a year in Africa’s most populous nation has left motorists paying more than double the government’s official price for gasoline and put increasing pressure on a stagnating economy that’s been hit by tumbling oil prices. The national statistics office blames the shortages for contributing to an 8 percent drop in labor productivity in the fourth quarter.

The government of President Muhammadu Buhari, who came to power last year on a wave of support for his change and anti-corruption campaign, has been hit by criticism for failing to deal with huge queues at fuel stations across the country.

The latest crisis has been worsened by central bank foreign-exchange controls that have left retailers paying higher costs to import supplies at a time when the government has removed subsidies and imposed a price cap at 87 naira a liter ($1.67 a gallon).

Kachikwu told the Lagos audience to “please give us your patience” as the government deals with the shortages. “This one is challenging for us,” he said, before asking the crowd to stand and recite a pledge to “help this country change.”

http://businessdayonline.com/2016/04/30-of-nigerias-fuel-supply-diverted-says-kachikwu/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by doublewisdom: 8:31pm On Apr 25, 2016
This Kachikwu should shut up and get to work. His mother must be from that other side where men talk like women.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by yungpowers(m): 8:34pm On Apr 25, 2016
ok

7 Likes

Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by ki02020(m): 8:39pm On Apr 25, 2016
doublewisdom:
This Kachikwu should shut up and get to work. His mother must be from that other side where men talk like women.

Going by your name,You should have at least try and use the good side of your double wisdom...the one you use in posting this comment is the bad side of your double wisdom

90 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by saintfaculty(m): 9:01pm On Apr 25, 2016
ok
Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 25, 2016
All i can say is Sai BaBa

6 Likes

Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by daniska3yaro(m): 9:02pm On Apr 25, 2016
doublewisdom:
I tell u.

9 Likes

Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by Millz404(m): 9:02pm On Apr 25, 2016
Nigeria plants tracking device on trucks for once.... Why must it be always plans to

6 Likes

Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by Boss13: 9:03pm On Apr 25, 2016
doublewisdom:

I think you should shut up

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by Omooba77: 9:03pm On Apr 25, 2016
It is not easy to lie oh,you need more lies to cover up

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by DExplorer1: 9:04pm On Apr 25, 2016
Imagine this!
These people will stop at nothing to ridicule this government.

Shame on those that want the Federal Government to sell our refineries.

Shame on those that said our refineries was never going to work.

Shame on those that want us to keep importing from their foreign refineries.

This same cabal frustrated and stopped Jonathan.

They will be crushed soon. I believe in Buhari.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 25, 2016
Na wa oooo. The evil in this land called Nigeria is just too much to bear. Can't govt do things right for once self! Corruption and greed has crippled this country to state that ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. I hope we are not heading to our DOOM. God please Intervene, don't abandon us, hear the cries of poverty stricken Nigerians. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

12 Likes

Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by bashydemy(m): 9:04pm On Apr 25, 2016
doublewisdom:
So he shouldn't say what's going on abi? I stay in Cotonou and know how they smuggle fuel into this country. There's never fuel scarcity here might be expensive though but you go see fuel buy and they brought it in from Nugeria .

8 Likes

Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by falconey(m): 9:05pm On Apr 25, 2016
OK is it the poor masses doing?

1 Like

Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by maxwell767(m): 9:06pm On Apr 25, 2016
undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by Amanwulu1(m): 9:06pm On Apr 25, 2016
A chess game being played wit nigerians. Even if U don't plead 4 patience we must b patient wit u. Howeva, dat does not include not pointing it out to u n ur alleluyah followers when u start confusing urselves. Also bear wit us wen we complain cos d suffering created by u is much on d masses except those who're still eating frm their parents' pot, altho u've never experienced it.

2 Likes

Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by timilehing(m): 9:07pm On Apr 25, 2016
Na me go stop the diversion?

2 Likes

Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 25, 2016
this story is Stale . we knw all dis trash, wat we want to see is pratical solution.

5 Likes

Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by notoriousbabe: 9:08pm On Apr 25, 2016
Shut the fok up,do the needful or get the hell out. We are tired of excuses

1 Like

Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by yinkslinks(m): 9:08pm On Apr 25, 2016
kachikwu
fashola
lie moha
osibanjo
waiting for ameachi to add his for today grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by otokx(m): 9:08pm On Apr 25, 2016
I thought they said this man has been sacked, it's quite clear that even in June, petrol will be scarce.

3 Likes

Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by seunlayi(m): 9:09pm On Apr 25, 2016
Noted

1 Like

Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by henryutd(m): 9:09pm On Apr 25, 2016
To where?
Not even one good news for a whole 24hours.
How many have I had today from APC? All are bad news. I think I am done done for today.

Wake me up tomorrow for fresh lies.

3 Likes

Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by Mister2: 9:09pm On Apr 25, 2016
It seems this administration spends more time cooking lies than thinking how to fix the copious problems bedevilling the country

2 Likes

Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by davo3286: 9:11pm On Apr 25, 2016
Stale!
Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by Kayendy(m): 9:12pm On Apr 25, 2016
I want to presume that the diversion started in this regime for us not to have experienced scarcity this much in the last regime

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by olafum1(m): 9:15pm On Apr 25, 2016
Always giving excuses and apportioning blames for their ineptitude

2 Likes

Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by onajo2000(m): 9:18pm On Apr 25, 2016
The problem no be today talk e don stay

1 Like

Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by ubaobi: 9:18pm On Apr 25, 2016
Minister of excuses

3 Likes

Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by MizTyna(f): 9:19pm On Apr 25, 2016
That will explain the incessant scarcity despite tankers being loaded every time. They'll probably make shitload of money hence the diverting. Nigerians wounding Nigerians since 1960

2 Likes

Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by Amanwulu1(m): 9:21pm On Apr 25, 2016
Diversion has alwaz bn there.

2 Likes

Re: 30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu by preselect(m): 9:21pm On Apr 25, 2016
[size=14pt]So why is he telling us? abi make I go stop the smugglers?

this govt of fraud and lies. . . . and gross incompetence. . .[/size] grin

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NOCSON Protest At BEDC, Edo State (photos) / Gofundme Suspends Omoyele Sowore’s Campaign To Raise $2million For 2019 Election / Corruption: Ndume Urges Buhari To Sign Unexplained Wealth Order Immediately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.