Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,901 members, 7,933,323 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 01:52 AM

Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? (6472 Views)

Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" / Prayers For Couples Trying To Conceive A Child (TTC) / In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 10, 2009
bawomolo:

ha the same God that never changes.  oh wait.

It's funny how muslims don't worship God when Islam comes from the same religious tree as Judaism/Christianity and shares certain religious figures with these guys.

You got to love sectarianism.

You dont understand sectarianism, you're just using bogus words to confuse those as intellectually incapacitated as you.

- Islam does not come from the same religious tree as judaism/christianity, it simply stole a few stories from the bible and basically LIED about its affiliation to judaism.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 10, 2009
bawomolo:

as if you don't do the same when it comes to your not so favorite religion.

what a dunce. When they get caught out with their lies and not so original "viewpoints", out come the false attempt at moral equivalence.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by Abuzola(m): 7:37pm On Aug 10, 2009
Toneyb i feel ya, david why not answer toneyb question. 'so God changed from sacrificing rat to human i.e jesus abi ? From a hostile to a tame God. God !
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 10, 2009
Abuzola:

Toneyb i feel ya, david why not answer toneyb question. 'so God changed from sacrificing rat to human i.e jesus abi ? From a hostile to a tame God. God !

what a troll. What do you feel? grin

At least we have a God who we can call Father, better than being a slave to one who had to steal from another's book to make his own.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by Abuzola(m): 7:41pm On Aug 10, 2009
Father ? Hahahaha. He impregnate your mama and you came into existance ko ? Can you see why it is fools that follow your religion
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by toneyb: 7:45pm On Aug 10, 2009
davidylan:

the "change" is already explained here -

Hebrews 10: 1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. 2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. 3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

Case closed.

So the same all knowing god suddenly realized that human and animal sacrifice was inefficient and decided to try something new grin grin grin. If animal and human sacrifice were not part of the deal why allow people to do it for centuaries before aborogating it?

The passage above are paul's personal opinion of the new god he was preaching about and trying to make people believe in. Jews mostly do not believe in what he was telling them because they know that he was talking about a different god than yahweh of the torah
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by bawomolo(m): 7:50pm On Aug 10, 2009
davidylan:

what a dunce. When they get caught out with their lies and not so original "viewpoints", out come the false attempt at moral equivalence.

what lies? here you go with the insults. carry go mr shot gun  grin

davidylan:

You dont understand sectarianism, you're just using bogus words to confuse those as intellectually incapacitated as you.

- Islam does not come from the same religious tree as judaism/christianity, it simply stole a few stories from the bible and basically LIED about its affiliation to judaism.

i see all opposition view points are lies to you. not so surprising, orthodox jews have this same view of christianity.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 10, 2009
bawomolo:

i see all opposition view points are lies to you.

not all, only those who have no basis for their claims. Just like yours for starters.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by bawomolo(m): 7:54pm On Aug 10, 2009
davidylan:

not all, only those who have no basis for their claims. Just like yours for starters.

I see, so Islam is not related to Christianity or Judaism. I thought they referenced to the same supreme being?

i was deceived all this while.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 10, 2009
toneyb:

So the same all knowing god suddenly realized that human and animal sacrifice was inefficient and decided to try something new grin grin grin. If animal and human sacrifice were not part of the deal why allow people to do it for centuaries before aborogating it?

I'm not sure you even bothered to read what i posted . . . let me repeat it here because the relevant answer to this non-question is there . . .

Hebrews 10: 1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

The animal sacrifices were part of the law and VALID! But it was limited to the jews alone, in order for us gentiles to come under the "law", it would have required us to either build our own temples or do yrly pilgrimmages to Jerusalem, consecrate our own levitical priesthood and offer bulls and goats every year. Christ came to abolish this law and institute with His own sacrifice once for all . . . the law of grace and mercy.

Again you commit the error of judging the bible by your own very limited opinions.

toneyb:

The passage above are paul's personal opinion of the new god he was preaching about and trying to make people believe in. Jews mostly do not believe in what he was telling them because they know that he was talking about a different god than yahweh of the torah

This claim here is YOUR OWN PERSONAL OPINION of what you think God should be. You cant fit Him in your narrow box so as to have an excuse to reject Him.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 10, 2009
bawomolo:

I see, so Islam is not related to Christianity or Judaism. I thought they referenced to the same supreme being?

i was deceived all this while.

No they dont and never have. Perhaps you shld pay more attention to facts than just running around saying stuff you have a porous knowledge about. Many of you read internet stuff and then think you're on authority on atheism.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by bawomolo(m): 8:00pm On Aug 10, 2009
davidylan:

No they dont and never have. Perhaps you shld pay more attention to facts than just running around saying stuff you have a porous knowledge about. Many of you read internet stuff and then think you're on authority on atheism.

so who/what is Allah?
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 10, 2009
bawomolo:

so who/what is Allah?

Go to the islamic section, make a thread there and stop disturbing us.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by bawomolo(m): 8:09pm On Aug 10, 2009
davidylan:

Go to the islamic section, make a thread there and stop disturbing us.

who would pay for my security grin
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 10, 2009
bawomolo:

who would pay for my security grin

who cares? coward.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by toneyb: 8:10pm On Aug 10, 2009
davidylan:

I'm not sure you even bothered to read what i posted . . . let me repeat it here because the relevant answer to this non-question is there . . .

Hebrews 10: 1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

The animal sacrifices were part of the law and VALID! But it was limited to the jews alone, in order for us gentiles to come under the "law", it would have required us to either build our own temples or do yrly pilgrimmages to Jerusalem, consecrate our own levitical priesthood and offer bulls and goats every year. Christ came to abolish this law and institute with His own sacrifice once for all . . . the law of grace and mercy.

This is the christian claim and it has no basis in Judaism. The founders of christianity were very much interested in converting new people to their religion(Unlike judaism) and wrote about things that will make the the practice of judaism obsolete. The founders of christianity used the Torah and changed most of its teachings to accomodate their new religion and world view nothing more.

[Again you commit the error of judging the bible by your own very limited opinions.

Not true.

This claim here is YOUR OWN PERSONAL OPINION of what you think God should be. You cant fit Him in your narrow box so as to have an excuse to reject Him.

The excuse you guys keep throwing around. No god has ever said anything to me personally all there is to show for the existence of god are the writings of other men who always claim to know what their god wants or needs from others. I can not reject what there is absolute no evidence for his existence. If you accept the writings(which are mostly their own personal opinion or the opinions of other people before them) of other men as the evidence for the eixtence of your god then good for you.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 10, 2009
toneyb:

This is the christian claim and it has no basis in Judaism. The founders of christianity were very much interested in converting new people to their religion(Unlike judaism) and wrote about things that will make the the practice of judaism obsolete. The founders of christianity used the Torah and changed most of its teachings to accomodate their new religion and world view nothing more.

Again stupid, baseless and completely with no shred of evidence. Paul and co wrote extensively in Romans on the difference between jewish laws of sin and death and the laws of grace under Christ.

Paul also wrote very much in Hebrews (which surprisingly was written to Jews!) on how their laws under Judaism where simply a shadow of things to come under the law of grace. Their laws did not become obsolete . . . the laws that were only able to help them maintain an outward appearance of Holiness but no effect on the depraved heart of man . . . they simply became more spiritually relevant.

For instance:

- Laws on circumcision . . . involved an outward show of the circumcision of the foreskin of every male as a sign of consecration to the Lord. Now under grace, you wont be counted a sinner simply because your general hospital forgot to circumcise you when you were born . . . we are now circumcised by the circumcision made without hands . . . water baptism after repentance.

I dont remember the jews who read hebrews complaining as you do here.

toneyb:

The excuse you guys keep throwing around. No god has ever said anything to me personally all there is to show for the existence of god are the writings of other men who always claim to know what their god wants or needs from others. I can not reject what there is absolute no evidence for his existence. If you accept the writings(which are mostly their own personal opinion or the opinions of other people before them) of other men as the evidence for the eixtence of your god then good for you.

That's your own problem. It has nothing to do with the rest of us who have had personal relationships with God. too bad.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by bawomolo(m): 8:28pm On Aug 10, 2009
davidylan:

who cares? coward.

oh boy. you are something else
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by toneyb: 8:31pm On Aug 10, 2009
davidylan:

Again stupid, baseless and completely with no shred of evidence. Paul and co wrote extensively in Romans on the difference between jewish laws of sin and death and the laws of grace under Christ.

You have just confirmed what I was talking about, Paul who is one of the founding fathers of christianity was showing the jews the difference between the new god and religion he was talking about and their own religion concerning the laws of sin and death.

Paul also wrote very much in Hebrews (which surprisingly was written to Jews!) on how their laws under Judaism where simply a shadow of things to come under the law of grace. Their laws did not become obsolete . . . the laws that were only able to help them maintain an outward appearance of Holiness but no effect on the depraved heart of man . . . they simply became more spiritually relevant.

Same as above. Paul was preaching a new religion it is expected of him to show some diference between the religion that was already in existence with the new religion he was preaching about no?

For instance:

- Laws on circumcision . . . involved an outward show of the circumcision of the foreskin of every male as a sign of consecration to the Lord. Now under grace, you wont be counted a sinner simply because your general hospital forgot to circumcise you when you were born . . . we are now circumcised by the circumcision made without hands . . . water baptism after repentance.

Grace is a new concept invented by paul as a guy preaching a new religion so it is expected of him to talk about it and how it relates to the old religion that was already in existence. The jews do not believe in any of these things.

That's your own problem. It has nothing to do with the rest of us who have had personal relationships with God. too bad.

grin grin grin grin The same things you keep telling yourselves so that you will feel happy. Personal relationship is a two way thing no?
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 10, 2009
toneyb:

Grace is a new concept invented by paul as a guy preaching a new religion so it is expected of him to talk about it and how it relates to the old religion that was already in existence. The jews do not believe in any of these things.

your opinion . . . entirely baseless.

toneyb:

grin grin grin grin The same things you keep telling yourselves so that you will feel happy. Personal relationship is a two way thing no?

Are you playing your part? Why then do you expect God to play His?
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 10, 2009
@Poster, God does not, he is always calling them to repentance
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by noetic2: 8:55pm On Aug 10, 2009
bawomolo:

noetic - do you think jews worship God?

is there any reason to believe that they dont?
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by noetic2: 8:56pm On Aug 10, 2009
@ Abuzola

@noetic- you have been shown the truth refuting all what you presume, but your arrogancy won't make you believe nor heed

Whats the truth? and who showed me?
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by noetic2: 8:58pm On Aug 10, 2009
toneyb:

You have just confirmed what I was talking about, Paul who is one of the founding fathers of christianity was showing the jews the difference between the new god and religion he was talking about and their own religion concerning the laws of sin and death.

Same as above. Paul was preaching a new religion it is expected of him to show some diference between the religion that was already in existence with the new religion he was preaching about no?

It beats me how u try to make sense from ur world view. . . which is usually very very wrong.

how EXACTLY was Paul trying to create a new religion?
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by Abuzola(m): 9:10pm On Aug 10, 2009
The disciples never practice what paul invented in his new religion.

@david, you make laugh, where did jesus said he was sent to all mankind instead of lost sheep of israel, you better stop your blurting without your bible back up.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 10, 2009
Abuzola:

The disciples never practice what paul invented in his new religion.

@david, you make laugh, where did jesus said he was sent to all mankind instead of lost sheep of israel, you better stop your blurting without your bible back up.

This guy is a harmless clown. grin
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by Abuzola(m): 9:23pm On Aug 10, 2009
Mo gbona felifeli ! My questions are shakeable, up till now i have not seen any single person whether a muslim or an atheist that can screw the christian with biblical fact they dare not to reject like me. Your oga mrs osisi have tried but abortive,

it is either you lie to answer my question without quoting from the bible or insult so as to divert the topic of discourse.

smile.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by noetic2: 9:29pm On Aug 10, 2009
Abuzola:

Mo gbona felifeli  ! My questions are shakeable, up till now i have not seen any single person whether a muslim or an atheist that can screw the christian with biblical fact they dare not to reject like me. Your oga mrs osisi have tried but abortive,

it is either you lie to answer my question without quoting from the bible or insult so as to divert the topic of discourse.

smile.

why do u think most people ignore ur comments but respond to olabowale?
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by Abuzola(m): 9:39pm On Aug 10, 2009
Ignore ? Hulahula, now i see you ignore me abi ? Lol.
Incase you are half blind pls take time and read my penultimate post above. If you talk sensible am gonna do the same and if you turn brutal then am gonna show am more osciliated than your ego. Many christians are pondering about their christianity thanks to me. Many crazy things in the bible
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by noetic2: 9:40pm On Aug 10, 2009
Abuzola:

Incase you are half blind pls take time and read my penultimate post above. If you talk sensible am gonna do the same and if you turn brutal then am gonna show am more osciliated than your ego. Many christians are pondering about their christianity thanks to me. Many crazy things in the bible

why not answer my question? are u afraid?
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by Abuzola(m): 9:44pm On Aug 10, 2009
Are you an albino ? Check my post again before blurting.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 10, 2009
Abuzola:

shocked grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Formulating The Right Intentions| Getting Rewards When You Sleep / True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays / Why Are There No Prophets In The Quran From West Africa Or Asia Or Americas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.