Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,688 members, 7,962,214 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 06:19 AM

Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club (30037 Views)

Poll: Are You In Support Of This Action By The G.O

Yes: 35% (40 votes)
No: 64% (74 votes)
This poll has ended

Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City / Pastor Leke Adeboye Shares A Political Poll Result Of Buhari/Jonathan - Pic / Gov Kwankwaso Floats Private Army, Relegates Hisbah Guard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by nex(m): 8:22am On Aug 15, 2009
@Le Moor

your ID is really cool.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Jakumo(m): 8:39am On Aug 15, 2009
Le Moor:

The most preposterous notion that the Homosapien has ever dreamed up is that, the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration/adulation/financial contributions of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery/contributions. Yet this absurd fantasy, without A shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all history.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if Le Moor is in fact our Kongi himself - Wole Soyinka.

What a sound-bite, sir. Whew ! The above write-up is a keeper y'all, and the temptation to plagiarize at least a few words of is going to be overpowering for me.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by blacksta(m): 8:45am On Aug 15, 2009
Le Moor:

The most preposterous notion that the Homosapien has ever dreamed up is that, the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration/adulation/financial contributions of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery/contributions. Yet this absurd fantasy, without A shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all history.

My God - Speak bloody English . or are u another who fails to communicate but exercises vanity.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by dayokanu(m): 9:11am On Aug 15, 2009
I am so confused. This is another Pastor in the making

Ladies and gentlemen I present to you Chris Okotie aka La Moor
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by ikeyman00(m): 9:48am On Aug 15, 2009
My God - Speak bloody English . or are u another who fails to communicate but exercises vanity.

blasta

we cannot be fooled that even the queen mother could grap that

only a slowpoke act like a fool sometimes
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by LeMoor(m): 5:58pm On Aug 15, 2009
LOL!!,

Thank you Nex,

I am not Kongi, neither am I a pastor. I had engaged in a few religious arguments in the past on this site, and have realized,  it sadly turns out to be a waste of time. Since it is virtually impossible to convince people to question a book they hold as a guide to how they choose their lives even to the exclusion of common
sense.

p.s The quote is one I agree with by — Robert A. Heinlein

Discussing/Arguing/bantering (or however we choose to call it) on nairaland is not always very encouraging (especially in very recent times), opposing views and arguments are met with insults rather than superior arguments to counter your points, hence I do a lot more reading than posting.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by tpiah2: 6:03pm On Aug 15, 2009
Le Moor:

Since it is virtually impossible to convince people to question a book they hold as a guide to how they choose their lives even to the exclusion of common sense.

which book are you referring to?

the vedic scriptures

Mao's little Red Book

Meni Kampf

Quran

Bible

The Five Classics of Confucious

Torah

Haille Selassie's writings

Dianetics

satanic bible

Avesta

The Communist Manifesto

The Prince (machiavelli)

The age of Reason

The Origin of species

Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by LeMoor(m): 6:08pm On Aug 15, 2009
Tpiah, Pick you poison.
Any book will do. As long as a group decides to use it as a guide to (for?) their existence. Lets also not forget to add the criteria that in most of the applicable cases, the books are always claimed to be inspired by "THE ONE TRUE , ".
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by tpiah2: 6:09pm On Aug 15, 2009
Le Moor:

Tpiah, Pick you poison.
Any book will do. As long as a group decides to use it as a guide to (for?) their existence. Lets also not forget to add the criteria that in most of the applicable cases, the books are always claimed to be inspired by "THE ONE TRUE , ".

so you arent guided by any book?

how then do you explain your presence here?
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Beaf: 6:15pm On Aug 15, 2009
tpiah*:

so you arent guided by any book?

how then do you explain your presence here?

Define life.
If you succeed, ask these questions; so far nobody can do that, making that question chicken and egg.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by LeMoor(m): 6:17pm On Aug 15, 2009
And why do you feel I owe you or anyone for that matter an explanation, or even have an explanation for it.
It isnt like any other explanation you might want to shove down my throat would be more credible than my own guesses.

p.s before you start down the road you are heading, I want to tell you it will get us nowhere. You will probably come with your arguements for 'creationism', I will pick holes in it, then you will send me a quote from the bible as proof, (quotes which i question anyways, and wont give credence to), I will pick more holes in it, and probably throw a few questions your way and we will end up with the time tested cop out, which I could never argue (or win against), 'FAITH'.

This would be another circular argument, and another exercise in futility. You wont convince me, and i wont convince you (not that I am trying to anyways, just airing my take on the issue). Deal with it, We can't all always see eye to eye on issues.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by bawomolo(m): 6:23pm On Aug 15, 2009
Le Moor:

whew. jakumo has found a rival
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by asha80(m): 6:25pm On Aug 15, 2009
bawomolo:

whew. jakumo has found a rival

i was about saying that.Please @lemoor more postings please lipsrsealed
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by RichDiddy(m): 7:22pm On Aug 15, 2009
@anonimi : I do not agree with you that the prices are exhorbitant. At the least sure they provide better study environment than our federal/state owned tertiary institutions. You have access to the internet, y don't you check out the schools which are in the ivy league class? U can google their websites and find out about their scholarship programs. For ur info, private universtities anywhere in the world are more expensive than state owned. Besides, scholarships vary from state to federal to private companies. You cn check on schools like Yale University, Princeton, MIT and more. Check up on their scholarship programs.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Tudor6(f): 7:46pm On Aug 15, 2009
Rich Diddy:

@anonimi : I do not agree with you that the prices are exhorbitant. At the least sure they provide better study environment than our federal/state owned tertiary institutions. You have access to the internet, y don't you check out the schools which are in the ivy league class? U can google their websites and find out about their scholarship programs. For ur info, private universtities anywhere in the world are more expensive than state owned. Besides, scholarships vary from state to federal to private companies. You cn check on schools like Yale University, Princeton, MIT and more. Check up on their scholarship programs.

What do you mean the prices are not exhorbitant?
Reedemers university fees are on the same level with private schools like igbenedion and bells university (which are all set up to make maximum profit for the owners). So tell me, did Adeboye set up his school to make money or for charity?
Why should it be the rich that can afford good christian education in the church?
Did the poor members not also contribute towards the project?

Adeboye is obviously a greedy old fool.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by RichDiddy(m): 8:18pm On Aug 15, 2009
Well from a someone, I hear the school does not even belong to RCCG that the name is only being used. I'm yet to verify this though. But Tudor be honest with urself (and realistic), can u evaluate the cost of qualitative education? Besides, ASUU is on strike right and have vowed to stay on. What is the ASUU strike about?
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Tudor6(f): 8:34pm On Aug 15, 2009
My own be say why is there no difference in the fee collected by redeemers uni and other secular profit making unis like igbenedion and bells?
If Adeboye just wanted to break even, there'll be a substantial difference in the fees. . . .so is adeboye after profit or charity?

Even with all the money he's collecting from members and squandering larvishly he could use it to subsidize the cost further. . . ., how many students do yo think 3bn(cost of the jet) can help get through school?
But NO, adeboye is just interested in lining his own pocket and living large with poor peoples money. Selfish Arrow!
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 15, 2009
no matter what you say remember that there are people in the same RCCG that have nothing, not even a cent, he should try and helpp the less previlage, i knw he is a great man of God and i respect him so much, i want him to consider the poor with the money from the club, take for example T.B Joshua
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by na2day2(m): 9:38pm On Aug 15, 2009
oyibomoses:

no matter what you say remember that there are people in the same RCCG that have nothing, not even a cent, he should try and helpp the less previlage, i knw he is a great man of God and i respect him so much, i want him to consider the poor with the money from the club, take for example T.B Joshua

so in ur mind T.B Joshua is a man of God? shocked shocked shocked God don suffer no bi small
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Tudor6(f): 9:46pm On Aug 15, 2009
I respect T.B joshua anyday than the criminal and greedy Adeboye and i don't care if he was sent by Zeus or Yemoja. . . .
At least T.B joshua is much more benevolent and socially responsible quite unlike daddy crook.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by na2day2(m): 9:54pm On Aug 15, 2009
Tudór:

I respect T.B joshua anyday than the criminal and greedy Adeboye and i don't care if he was sent by Zeus or Yemoja. . . .
At least T.B joshua is much more benevolent and socially responsible quite unlike daddy crook.

so we now measure sin bah? shocked shocked
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Tudor6(f): 10:49pm On Aug 15, 2009
Who gives a damn about sin?
Nigeraians are hungry and dying and you're calculating sins. . .ha!
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by otokx(m): 10:52pm On Aug 15, 2009
TB Joshua is more media savvy than Adeboye. I wonder if Cecilla Ibru and Erastus Akingbola were members of this Millionaires' Club
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by olawaleroc: 11:39pm On Aug 15, 2009
I think Tudor you are an insane and pathetic passionate and emotional cynic. Why reply yo every replies. Why dont you make your own world great like these people you re condeming. I dont blame you, u feel like a depraved and neglected human being in this society, That is why u re mad at every 'success' out there. Sorry
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Pataki: 11:59pm On Aug 15, 2009
Le Moor:

The most preposterous notion that the Homosapien has ever dreamed up is that,  the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration/adulation/financial contributions of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery/contributions. Yet this absurd fantasy, without A shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all history.
Wow! Easy dude with the grammar. We all can relate to simple English. Could you please relate to that? grin (Just for the sake of ikeymann)
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by tpiah2: 12:44am On Aug 16, 2009
Le Moor:

And why do you feel I owe you or anyone for that matter an explanation, or even have an explanation for it.
It isnt like any other explanation you might want to shove down my throat would be more credible than my own guesses.

p.s before you start down the road you are heading, I want to tell you it will get us nowhere. You will probably come with your arguements for 'creationism', I will pick holes in it, then you will send me a quote from the bible as proof, (quotes which i question anyways, and wont give credence to), I will pick more holes in it, and probably throw a few questions your way and we will end up with the time tested cop out, which I could never argue (or win against), 'FAITH'.

This would be another circular argument, and another exercise in futility. You wont convince me, and i wont convince you (not that I am trying to anyways, just airing my take on the issue). Deal with it, We can't all always see eye to eye on issues.

sorry to disappoint you.

You have me confused with someone either from reality or your imagination.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Tudor6(f): 2:27am On Aug 16, 2009
olawaleroc:

I think Tudor you are an insane and pathetic passionate and emotional cynic. Why reply yo every replies. Why dont you make your own world great like these people you re condeming. I dont blame you, u feel like a depraved and neglected human being in this society, That is why u re mad at every 'success' out there. Sorry
Did you make any sense?
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by bawomolo(m): 2:31am On Aug 16, 2009

you are high on some concentrated narcotics.  Schools like covenant and redeemers university are now Ivy League Class?

who dash monkey banana?

Ivy league schools are expensive but they have financial aid programs where the poor students are granted scholarships from the schools endowment programs.   Financial aid such as pell grants, map grants and alumni grants are provided to students.  In extreme cases, federal subsidized or School loans are available. 

Where is redeemers university's endowment program?

Who dash that secondary school ivy league.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by drn0(m): 6:59am On Aug 16, 2009
Interestingly, i don't need to post my reply again cos d Topic has changed direction!!! wat do U xpect anyway wen U try to criticize som1 like G.O.! Highly respected globally!!! He Has issued anoda in-depth thot provoking statement from GOD but just waait and see how he will be vindicated! as for me NO COMMENT! D WAYS OF D LORD,
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Jakumo(m): 8:12am On Aug 16, 2009
drn0:

Interestingly, i don't need to post my reply again cos d Topic has changed direction!!! wat do U xpect anyway wen U try to criticize som1 like G.O.! Highly respected globally!!! He Has issued anoda in-depth thot provoking statement from GOD but just waait and see how he will be vindicated! as for me NO COMMENT! D WAYS OF D LORD,

Could you please, Mr. Draino, expantiate on this thought with a few copious bible quotations.  Zealot-speak just wouldn't be true to the genre without reference to the Higher Authority of some Holy Scroll.

In my case that Sacred Scroll is the Flight Operations Manual for an Airbus A320, since I believe that the Word of God lurks somewhere within those few thousand pages.   That must remain a topic for another time. 

Now PLEASE, let the Battle of Quotations begin, and may the best man win.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by nex(m): 9:55am On Aug 16, 2009
A true LIVING LEGEND

for a man to be harvesting billions of Naira from Nigerians every week, he has to be appointed the Yahoo Daddy of Yahoo Boys.

I hope all those his church members can sign up to come and defend him so that Seun too can have more members in order to make more cash.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by informat09(m): 9:59am On Aug 16, 2009
nothing wrong with raising money for doing good in this world

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

A Former Dictator Is A Better Choice Than A Failed President - THE ECONOMIST / Aisha Buhari "I Feed My Children With My Own Money Despite Living In Aso~rock" / Fayose Inspects Multiple Projects By 1:25am In Ikere(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.