Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,709 members, 7,889,249 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:44 AM

EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts (29870 Views)

Governor Umahi And Cletus Ibeto Inspect Innoson G-Guard Car / EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Dumebi Kachikwu - Sahara Reporters / EFCC Freezes Femi Fani-kayode’s Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by Nobody: 10:17am On May 05, 2016
Ilovemystate:

Son of a B, your hate and envy end here, ekwensu kpokwa gi Oku ki na family gi, anuofia, Nwa oti that has no ball that can't see an average Igbo man on the street and challenge him, you come online to pour your frustration, Nwa oti you can rant all day, all week, months it change nofin. Nwa nkpe!
nawa.. See painment, abeg sofly sofly oh, make u no die of heart attack oh

1 Like

Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by danasjoe1: 10:18am On May 05, 2016
naijaking1:
If this true, freezing a businessman's bank accounts is like a heft penalty.
Unfortunately, the person who made this decision did not consider the economic, business, and even political impact of freezing the bank accounts of a major employer of labor in this country.

He has not been arraigned, tried, and convicted in a court of law, yet some ethno-tribalistic and religious zealot masqurading as EFCC would yield the heaviest hammer on a suspected business man. BTW, trying people in the press doesn't work, go to court and obtain a conviction, before destroying their sweat and blood.
If anybody politicizes our billionaire job creators in this country, then don't be surprised that one day Dangote might wake up to find that a critical federal government has frozen his bank accounts based on a mere allegation.
my brother EFCC are confused set of people I wonder the kind of jamaica adulterated weed they are high on...I will never that EFCC serious till they do something about APC chieftains like Tinubu,Ameachi etc
Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by Nobody: 10:22am On May 05, 2016
sleepingTROUBLE:
Is that what the blood sucking demon allah taught you - hatred ?. I dont need to be religious to believe that God indeed rejected Ishmael because of reasons one of which you and your likes display here on nairaland - hatred. The good book says "God is love and everyone who loves is of God, but he that does not love does not know God for God is love".
This type of news gladdens the hearts of you and your likes against a people and after u'll tell me your religion is the true way to God. you people are lost you need to find the truth before its too late.
Is it only igbos that are christians in this country? What makes you feel he is muslim? Advice your kinsmen to stop beibg corrupt and no one will have any reason to go after them

1 Like

Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by bustertony(m): 10:28am On May 05, 2016
Who can freeze Dangote's account nah
Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by Twistaray(m): 10:30am On May 05, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
pure witch hunting. The Last Thing Ibeto Or Any Sensible Nnewi Man Will Do Is Partake In Share The National Cake Mentality. Nxt Might Be Cosmos Mmadu Or Ifeanyi Uba.. Lubish

Really?

Maybe Yoruba is being hunted

https://www.nairaland.com/3086555/efcc-quizzes-yemi-adeola-sterling

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by 9jatatafo(m): 10:32am On May 05, 2016
Na to unfreeze am remain
Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by zeembab(m): 10:36am On May 05, 2016
naijaking1:
Unfortunately, the person who made this decision did not consider the economic, business, and even political impact of freezing the bank accounts of a major employer of labor in this country.

He has not been arraigned, tried, and convicted in a court of law, yet some ethno-tribalistic and religious zealot masqurading as EFCC would yield the heaviest hammer on a suspected business man. BTW, trying people in the press doesn't work, go to court and obtain a conviction, before destroying their sweat and blood.
If anybody politicizes our billionaire job creators in this country, then don't be surprised that one day Dangote might wake up to find that a critical federal government has frozen his bank accounts based on a mere allegation.

Do these individual that have been stolen the country money care about you and I, our families, businesses etc ?

Nigerian need to wake up.....Corruption is not Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo's problem. But a cancer that has spread all over our society and is denying us of basic right to normal life.

It takes lot of courage to confront and challenge the status quo. I remember what Dora Akunyili of blessed memory says about corruption...

1 Like

Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by vani86: 10:37am On May 05, 2016
THIS REPORT IS A BIG LIE,

I WORK IN IBETO CEMENT IN PH IN THE ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT AND I CAN TELL YOU THAT THIS STORY IS JUST PROPAGANDA, BTW TODAY AND YESTERDAY WE HAVE BEEN DOING TRANSACTIONS FROM MORE THAN 7 OF OUR BANK ACCOUNTS, SO PLEASE WHICH ACCOUNT AGAIN WAS FROZEN.

YES, WE HAVE HAD CUSTOMS VISIT US AND STOPPED US FROM WORKING FOR ALMOST 3 MONTHS, YES THE NPA CAME WTIH THEIR OWN WAHALLA AND LEFT, WE ARE WORKING, NON OF OUR ASSETS HAVE BEEN SEIZED, ALL OUR ACCOUNTS ARE FUNCTIONING. SO ANYBODY THAT BELIEVES THIS TRASH, WELL MORE GREASE TO YOUR ELBOW.

HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS SIGNAL PAPER BEFORE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by BeardedMeat(m): 10:41am On May 05, 2016
macaranta:
Hmmm hope this action is justifiable?
It had better be because Cletus Ibeto is no push over.
Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by luvinhubby(m): 10:42am On May 05, 2016
naijaking1:

I SMH for Buhari & Nigeria.
Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by LADIbaba(m): 10:44am On May 05, 2016
BeardedMeat:
It had better be because Cletus Ibeto is no push over.

and don't be surprise if Dangote has a hand in this - weed out the competition

1 Like

Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by BeardedMeat(m): 10:47am On May 05, 2016
zeembab:

Do these individual that have been stolen the country money care about you and I, our families, businesses etc ?

Nigerian need to wake up.....Corruption is not Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo's problem. But a cancer that has spread all over our society and is denying us of basic right to normal life.

It takes lot of courage to confront and challenge the status quo. I remember what Dora Akunyili of blessed memory says about corruption...
When will Tinubu, Atiku, Amaechi, fashola, be investigated by efcc against the plethora of corruption petitions lying in their office? Not even a single invitation has been extended to them to come and clear their names. Why?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by Nellybii: 10:52am On May 05, 2016
Ilovemystate:

Son of a B, your hate and envy end here, ekwensu kpokwa gi Oku ki na family gi, anuofia, Nwa oti that has no ball that can't see an average Igbo man on the street and challenge him, you come online to pour your frustration, Nwa oti you can rant all day, all week, months it change nofin. Nwa nkpe!

You are all the same.Cowards all hiding behind funny monikers. Can you challenge an average Fulani.man on the street too? I doubt much.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by BeardedMeat(m): 10:52am On May 05, 2016
LADIbaba:

and don't be surprise if Dangote has a hand in this - weed out the competition
I won't be surprised. The Ibeto Cement imbroiglo comes to mind. Dangote has always had his hands in every government in power enjoying unprecedented patronage and similarly ploughing back some of his proceeds to assist in their campaings both for rulling and opposition. I guess this goverment is yet to see any reasons to question any of his dealings with successive governments.
Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by Phobia1: 10:55am On May 05, 2016
wowmenow:
We are now in operation freeze all ibo man bank account and seize their bank too
Just watching
ugo watch taya. ibo man kor ino boy ni.
Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by Phobia1: 10:58am On May 05, 2016
naijaking1:

dem no hear u. u beta kip ur opinions to urself. economy or no economy, e no concern govt. dat wont stop dem from doin dia shit.
Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by Phobia1: 11:01am On May 05, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
pure witch hunting. The Last Thing Ibeto Or Any Sensible Nnewi Man Will Do Is Partake In Share The National Cake Mentality. Nxt Might Be Cosmos Mmadu Or Ifeanyi Uba.. Lubish
if they are indicted, ofkos they'll b nxt nd d onli think ur likes wil do is make noise here social medial or go carry placards dat'll changes NOTHING!
Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:03am On May 05, 2016
Buharist and their shrewd way of thinkng
Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by Phobia1: 11:04am On May 05, 2016
sexybrooke:
Operation freeze all igbo billionaire accounts on the way that's the new style .nnamdi kanu said all these things before now but the politicians only picked the insults from his messages and left the real message now they are suffering it .please why is dangote free after all these years of looting from the govt of the chimpanzee aka oby to bubu tribal bigot anyway it serves the igbo people well ,we told them to support biafra and all these ll end but igbo man sense won't allow him let see how this ll go down
eeyah. sori o "ibo man". wen una go stop to dey shout ibo dis ibo dat? its gettin borin already. its rubbish
Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by Phobia1: 11:07am On May 05, 2016
Ilovemystate:

Please ooo anybody readin dis replies shud pls cimpare both replies nd tell me who dey RANT! ahaha to me its d replyee. lol
Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by FuroGintle(m): 11:10am On May 05, 2016
Though lately EFCC has been trying in their work, but i think the govt of Buhari is using them to fight the pple of the south(east & west)..........in the past few months it has been stories of EFCC arresting business moguls or politicians from this part of the country, even if i would agree that many of them are not "clean" but i think it is getting tribalistic.........are they trying to tell me that all this alhajis are saints?
Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by Phobia1: 11:12am On May 05, 2016
sexybrooke:
what do you mean by "stop the victim mentality" someone has not been convicted his account has been frozen already what nonsense is this yoruba man ? Who decides who's Guilty in nigeria, efcc or the law court nonsense I wish the zoo FG ll freeze all the igbo elite's accounts so their brains ll reformat to biafrann mode
Ipod youth. sori ipob. lol
Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by Nobody: 11:13am On May 05, 2016
What did he have to do with arms deal? embarassed
Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by farem: 11:14am On May 05, 2016
DaBullIT:
I don't trust this source

. But anything Jonathan related can be assumed to be true based on past revelations

They will not believe you.

With right cheek, they will say it's a lie and propaganda.

And with the left cheek they will be wondering why not use the money recovered
Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by Achorise: 11:20am On May 05, 2016
new2020:
Km

Well said. Though I think they are wasting their time...most Igbo billionaires know what's up and have most of their liquid assets stached abroad. Last year CBN under Buhari instruction denied Ibeto over $350 million dollar exchange to purchase raw materials, this was done intentionally to suppress him in favor of Dangote. Guess what, he sourced the funds from an unknown vendor abroad, this shocked the federal government, an instruction was given from Buhari to seize his $350 million worth of raw materials. My point is, no matter how they try to squeeze Igbo billionaires with hope that when war starts they will be unable to financially bankroll the war is wasted effort. For one, any potential Biiiafra will be 100% financed by Igbos in abroad. They are prepared to bankroll it for the next 100 yrs not to repeat the mistake of 1967.
https://www.nairaland.com/2785036/buhari-shut-ibeto-cement-halts
Thank you brother. I just wish all Igbos will reason along this perspective.
Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by Beeman1(m): 11:47am On May 05, 2016
Ilovemystate:

U should be ban. Mynd44 rule 2 plss.
Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by conyema12(m): 11:52am On May 05, 2016
FredN:
Disclaimer, I am not Ibo and dont believe in their biafra struggle.

This government should be cautious on how they fight corruption. Foreign investors and international players are watching quietly. Already we are seeing a sharp decline in foreign investor funds in our economy

These cash pull out are not tied to declining oil prices but rather a very obvious irational approach of this govt at making economic decisions; nothing scares investors like a unpredictability

A clearcut trial to prosecute the individuals without killing the business approach should be encouraged

Otedola and his ilks were treated as such during the jonathan subsidy saga that is why forte oil is still alive today

I don't mean to insult Mr president, I don't think he has the capacity to govern us and take us to the economical heights this country has been yearning for. All his antics is directed towards retaliatory practices. Chasing Dansuki, Kalu, Metu, Now this.
You are right about the oil price, Most oil producing countries are looking for alternative ways to balance the effects of the oil price decline. But what is this administration doing.... Chasing ghosts for over a year now.

I am sorry to say I think he really did not sit for WAEC as he is wrongly accused of.
Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by Ebukaokeke5: 12:20pm On May 05, 2016
Prosecute n jail him nw!
Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by kumakunta: 12:35pm On May 05, 2016
sleepingTROUBLE:
Is that what the blood sucking demon allah taught you - hatred ?. I dont need to be religious to believe that God indeed rejected Ishmael because of reasons one of which you and your likes display here on nairaland - hatred. The good book says "God is love and everyone who loves is of God, but he that does not love does not know God for God is love".
This type of news gladdens the hearts of you and your likes against a people and after u'll tell me your religion is the true way to God. you people are lost you need to find the truth before its too late.
GOD never rejected Ishmael, your revised Bible did.
Nigeria Christians, set of frustrated and double standard creatures. They make you think for a second like everything is well withing their circle, but when you look the second time, you find so many dirt in their hands and soul.
Oga Igbo, the man you quoted didn't even speak on religious ground, but you quickly out of cowardice assume his Muslim and attacked his supposed religion. Let me ask you, those yeeboz we find here rejoicing over other people's misfortunes like when BH struck in the north east, when herdsmen killed in agatu, when hausas raided mile 12, please to which religion do they belong?
You just an over pampered idiot suffering from mental epilepsy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 05, 2016
new2020:
Km

Well said. Though I think they are wasting their time...most Igbo billionaires know what's up and have most of their liquid assets stached abroad. Last year CBN under Buhari instruction denied Ibeto over $350 million dollar exchange to purchase raw materials, this was done intentionally to suppress him in favor of Dangote. Guess what, he sourced the funds from an unknown vendor abroad, this shocked the federal government, an instruction was given from Buhari to seize his $350 million worth of raw materials. My point is, no matter how they try to squeeze Igbo billionaires with hope that when war starts they will be unable to financially bankroll the war is wasted effort. For one, any potential Biiiafra will be 100% financed by Igbos in abroad. They are prepared to bankroll it for the next 100 yrs not to repeat the mistake of 1967.
https://www.nairaland.com/2785036/buhari-shut-ibeto-cement-halts

Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by frainc(m): 12:57pm On May 05, 2016
Super1Star:
Expect those cardboard carrying chimpanzees to storm EFCC, protesting against the ''persecution of their son'' who is being beefed for almost being the richest man on planet earth.

Just wait and see.
it's only a goat like you that will believe that Dangote is innocent but Ibeto is not

Buhari and his "All Past Criminals" (APC) will pay for this
Re: EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts by Super1Star: 1:05pm On May 05, 2016
frainc:
it's only a goat like you that will believe that Dangote is innocent but Ibeto is not

Buhari and his "All Past Criminals" (APC) will pay for this

It is only pigs like you that will not show us evidence of Dangote's crime and you will just want us to believe the words of stup1ds Ipods like you as the evidence.

Dangotes do not have to share out of Arms Deal money because he is smarter than your Ibeto. He sponsors a sizeable number of your legislooters to the NA and in return they formulate policies that help his business. He is what lobbyists are to the American legislature.

Show us his crime or forever keep mechonu gi.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

30 States Risk Bankruptcy As Lagos, Rivers Set For New VAT Regime / Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu / Precious Chikwendu And Her Son, Aragorn Stun In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.