Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,123 members, 7,887,247 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:14 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9553286 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (9338) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by frankyvalll(m): 2:52pm On Dec 29, 2016
Xiaomi Redmi note 3 for sale. contact 08038784508
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Horlaarsco: 3:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
frankyvalll:
Xiaomi Redmi note 3 for sale. contact 08038784508
price?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akinis09: 3:21pm On Dec 29, 2016
victorayor:
where did you get it from, nd how much is it?
geekbuying. i bought it on 13/11. for $99.99 [320 per dollar]
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akinis09: 3:33pm On Dec 29, 2016
GrandMufti:

Nice... enjoy your phone.

**** whispers into the ear*** it seems you have unofficial rom on your phone. The miui version is supposed to be four digits like below smiley . If you don't care about updates then it's fine kiss
thanks. i will soon change the rom to china developer rom after unlocking the bootloader because i dont like global rom [global rom are some how behind compare to china rom in terms of features].
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:37pm On Dec 29, 2016
akinis09:
thanks. i will soon change the rom to china developer rom after unlocking the bootloader because i dont like global rom [global rom are some how behind compare to china rom in terms of features].

Yes the Chinese rom has more features than global rom. But you don't need to unlock bootloader to flash stock rom.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akinis09: 3:37pm On Dec 29, 2016
ewerex:

What are the other accessory that came with the phone?
phone, usb cable, charger & sim eject pin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akinis09: 3:44pm On Dec 29, 2016
GrandMufti:

Yes the Chinese rom has more features than global rom. But you don't need to unlock bootloader to flash stock rom.
i know, i cant stick with miui rom. in order to flash any other rom the bootloader need to be unlock. and i`ve found some interesting rom for this phone,[ zenui rom, cm13 rom,xperia cm13 rom, cm14 rom].
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yasolan(m): 3:51pm On Dec 29, 2016
temitimx19:
My very own Gold Colour Redmi Pro grin
Details later
How much bro, in naira
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:53pm On Dec 29, 2016
akinis09:
i know, i cant stick with miui rom. in order to flash any other rom the bootloader need to be unlock. and i`ve found some interesting rom for this phone,[ zenui rom, cm13 rom,xperia cm13 rom, cm14 rom].

Ok now I get. But mehn that cm14 na bomb o! Ever since I played with it, my life has never remained the same.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 29, 2016
akinis09:
just receive my phone [redmi 3s] from post office this morning and so far its absolutely superb and smooth

cool, where and how much did you purchase it ?

*Modified*
it took so long o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akinis09: 4:08pm On Dec 29, 2016
GrandMufti:

Ok now I get. But mehn that cm14 na bomb o! Ever since I played with it, my life has never remained the same.
lol i bliv cm14 is still on beta phrase and still needs more time for d developer to fix some bug.
i had to revert back to my previous rom [infinix xos] on my lenovo k3 note after days of experiencing android 7 on my device[ cant r record tru camera, cant record sound, battery etc]
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akinis09: 4:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
Dexter247:

cool, where and how much did you purchase it ?

*Modified*
it took so long o
yes o, if u can be patient, geekbuying has the best offer [in terms of price] compare to others but it might be the season sha
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 4:16pm On Dec 29, 2016
Guys how much can I sell this my Redmi note 3(mtk), thinking of buying Redmi 4 pro prime,but I don't know if it has this feature where I can use it as a remote control nd whether it will be updated to nougat,any advice?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 4:36pm On Dec 29, 2016
vower:
Guys how much can I sell this my Redmi note 3(mtk), thinking of buying Redmi 4 pro prime,but I don't know if it has this feature where I can use it as a remote control nd whether it will be updated to nougat,any advice?
yes it has ir blaster infact most xiaomi devices have ir blaster except for few... And about nougat it should come to it but not sure
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 4:41pm On Dec 29, 2016
akinis09:
lol i bliv cm14 is still on beta phrase and still needs more time for d developer to fix some bug.
i had to revert back to my previous rom [infinix xos] on my lenovo k3 note after days of experiencing android 7 on my device[ cant r record tru camera, cant record sound, battery etc]

Oh that's sad. The CM developers for xiaomi are really trying though. Their rom for note 3 is quite good, though I don't know about redmi 3s.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 4:42pm On Dec 29, 2016
toluwanimi07:
yes it has ir blaster infact most xiaomi devices have ir blaster except for few... And about nougat it should come to it but not sure

Thanks for the reply,So how much do u think u should sell my Redmi note 3 (mtk)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Paxziano: 4:59pm On Dec 29, 2016
akinis09:

Pls, what makes these other roms special. Also, what makes the miui rom special? Seems I have a lot to learn when it comes to tweaking the phone to get the best usage. And considering dis wud be my 1st android fone, hope it wudnt be too complicated for me. Lol
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 5:01pm On Dec 29, 2016
Paxziano:

Pls, what makes these other roms special. Also, what makes the miui rom special? Seems I have a lot to learn when it comes to tweaking the phone to get the best usage. And considering dis wud be my 1st android fone, hope it wudnt be too complicated for me. Lol

First Android phone shocked it will be damn complicated
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by humblesteve(m): 5:04pm On Dec 29, 2016
victorayor:
Abeg who get xiaomi redmi 3s or note 3 pro for sale? Location akure.. If you fit help me fund Ali pocket holla me
3s for sell. 09082961643 whatsapp
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by humblesteve(m): 5:05pm On Dec 29, 2016
fibonacci2526:
Redmi 3s tempered glasses (2)for sale.
How much ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Paxziano: 5:07pm On Dec 29, 2016
vower:

First Android phone shocked it will be damn complicated

I guess so. Hv always been a blackberry person
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abubanty: 6:19pm On Dec 29, 2016
GrandMufti:

The note 3 is 13 months old since it launched. By February next year, the note 3 pro will be a year old. So we expect a price drop - you should have this in mind.

They may likely launch the snapdragon version of note 4 in February, although no info about specs for now.

The redmi 4 series has had mixed reviews from users, so you should read reviews before venturing in this path.

If you are not in a hurry to get a phone, I'll suggest you exercise patience till February.

Thanks Grand, Appreciate. Think i would just wait till a bit and see what Phones they would release for January.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 6:36pm On Dec 29, 2016
humblesteve:

How much ?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 6:55pm On Dec 29, 2016
modified. smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akinis09: 7:45pm On Dec 29, 2016
Paxziano:

google will be ur best option due to d fact dat u are new to d world of android. Google d following: advantage and disadvantage of rooting of android phone, custom recovery, custom ROM and kernel source, b4 venting into customising ur android phone because u might either get soft brick or hard brick if something goes wrong. If its soft brick u are at a safe side, flashing ur stock ROM will get u out of soft brick but if its hard brick no remedy, bye bye to d phone. I did hard brick 2 of my phone(HTC mytouch 4g & one other htc) den wen I was still new to flashing of rom&recovery but now am trying in porting of android ROM and recovery most specially mediatek phones.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baroba(m): 8:04pm On Dec 29, 2016
Paxziano:

Forget rooting and tinkering, just enjoy your device..Rooting is for the adventurous and those who want to push the limits of there device.. I have done all that in the past during the early laggy days of android, but the OS has come a long way since 2010.. An entry level redmi 4a will give you a fluid experience once your expectations are in line with what you paid for it.. My humble opinion.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 8:20pm On Dec 29, 2016
temitimx19:
My Very Own Review the XIAOMI REDMI PRO

Things to take note off: cool

1) I bought it from Geekbuying.com on the 29th November 2016
2) I bought the 3gb/64gb Variant
3) It doesn't have an official Global ROM yet

I went for the XIAOMI REDMI PRO because it's comes with a 3gb/64gb ROM, Type C Port and Dual Camera. I have seen and used 2 different types of Xiaomi phones (Redmi 3s and Redmi Note 4) but I didn't get that premium feeling am getting while using the Redmi Pro. tongue

The Redmi Pro has very unique features, in fact the first of its kind among Xiaomi phones. It's has a dual Camera which has never been on Xiaomi before, Its has OLED screen which is excellent, it's back cover is brushed metal which makes the phone look very very unique, it's also has a 2.5D screen. Using this Redmi Pro makes me feel like a Samsung user, it's like am using a high budget Samsung phone. grin

The Fingerprint sensor in the Redmi pro is excellent, I could add up to 5 different fingers and it's responds very fast. The display is perfect, for both indoor and Outdoor usage. The Speaker is loud at least loud enough for me. grin

The Battery Usage is Okay, I haven't really charged it to 100% since when I bought it. But so far so good it's very OK. The charging time is incredible, compared to my Lenovo K3 note, the XIAOMI REDMI PRO charges fast, I dunno if it has quick charging. I could get 0-64% while the phone is switched off in 30-40mins. wink

The phone get warm while using the internet and playing high end games (Modern Combat 4 and Asphalt Extreme), it also get warm while charging which is very normal for phones these days. Very soon am getting a Phone casing guess that would reduce it heat been generated from my hands too. wink

So far so good the phone has been exceeded my expectations. Camera and other details reviews shortly kiss

All the things wey u mention dey inside redmi note 4 pro.. So don't see the exceptional feature that makes the redmi pro so overly premium than the others..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 8:34pm On Dec 29, 2016
Worksunlimited:

All the things wey u mention dey inside redmi note 4 pro.. So don't see the exceptional feature that makes the redmi pro so overly premium than the others..
Oga that's how I feel.. angry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 8:46pm On Dec 29, 2016
temitimx19:

Oga that's how I feel.. angry

Truth hurts...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 9:22pm On Dec 29, 2016
Worksunlimited:

Truth hurts...
This guy thinks I am here to argue.. pitiful
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 10:00pm On Dec 29, 2016
temitimx19:

This guy thinks I am here to argue.. pitiful

1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by futuresan(m): 11:13pm On Dec 29, 2016
Fellow nairalanders,help review my case...I got a xiaomi note 2 frm someone,but i'm seeking ur opinion on whether it's cloned or not..First,it has a medium-sized circle that looks lyk a fingerprint scanner,but it isnt.Second,its has 3gb ram bt 16gb internal with sd card support. Third,whenever i select 3g only mode or 4g only mode in mtk engineerng mode,it tells me "3g is off" and switches to 2g automatically. Fourth,it has no updater app.Fifth,in 'about phone' (under settings), it displays 'redmi note3' as model number yet the phone has those 3 red backlight navigation buttons...What do you all think?

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (9338) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: holarmy10(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.