Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,143 members, 7,890,853 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:01 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (1505) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9570177 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1502) (1503) (1504) (1505) (1506) (1507) (1508) ... (9338) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:34pm On Aug 29, 2017
jboixxx:
Grandmufti and gptech, please which 8.5 and miui 9 ROM should I go for, Fastboot or Recovery? On global stable ATM.
If you are using fastboot, you will have to wipe your device, so a backup is compulsory. Fastboot is a larger file to download, and requires Mi Flash tool with Pc. Recovery on the other hand is smaller in size and doesn't require the use of Pc, just the updater app.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dhsfbi(m): 8:34pm On Aug 29, 2017
Franky826:
For people that don't have root access to use 'greenify' for better battery performance, another better alternative is even available. It's called 'Hibernator' Found it on xda forums and available for download in playstore.

Oya all of una with buggy updates go and help your battery til a better update is pushed.
how many hours has this added to your battery life?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kstan(m): 8:39pm On Aug 29, 2017
smartty68:

10 - 21days maybe but got mine within 5mins after application

Alright.
Thank you.
But there's something else.
At the application page, can I use another number to receive the confirmation SMS other than the registered login in number?

Reason for asking this is because, I have not been able to receive verification codes from Xiaomi on my MTN line. Called MTN customer service plenty times to see if they can make it possible from their end...but nothing till today.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:46pm On Aug 29, 2017
kstan:

Alright.
Thank you.
At the application page, can I use another number to receive the confirmation SMS other than the registered login in number?

Reason for asking this is because, I have not been able to receive verification codes from Xiaomi on my MTN line. Called MTN customer service plenty times to see if they can make it possible from their end...but nothing till today.

Only the number(s) attached to your miui account. Some Mtn sims don't receive otp.

But you can try it with another number. You might just be lucky

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by smartty68(m): 8:48pm On Aug 29, 2017
kstan:

Alright.
Thank you.

No idea though but you should give it a try

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 8:52pm On Aug 29, 2017
sapien:
Guys, the problem on my Rn4x still persists, since last Thursday.

I have not been able to browse with my MTN sim on Sim 1 port.

I actually thought it was network problem, until this afternoon when I swapped my MTN sim with my friend's Airtel Sim, and I was able to browse seamlessly on the same Sim 1 with the guy's Airtel line, and my MTN sim that wasn't browsing on my sim 1 port was also able to browse on my friend's phone seamlessly.

Meanwhile, my Sim 2 port has no such problem, as I have been browsing on my Sim 2 port since last week.

What could be the problem?

I have activated my MTN access and MTN wap over a thousand times.

Cc. Grandmufti, Gptech, Jboixxx, Dhsfbi, smartty68, Lexusgs430, iliyande, Holuwaxheun, Protein0 etc.

Come to my aid, bosses.
First put another mtn sim in sim 1 slot and try browsing with it. It'll most likely browse. If it does, do a welcome back. If it doesn't, which isn't very likely, update your ROM n let's c how it goes.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 9:00pm On Aug 29, 2017
Joey35:
jumia is now selling redmi note 4x for 53k
Colour?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by smartty68(m): 9:02pm On Aug 29, 2017
Protein0:

Colour?
Grey
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 9:03pm On Aug 29, 2017
smartty68:

Grey
Wow!
Great deal.
Delivery time?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by smartty68(m): 9:05pm On Aug 29, 2017
Protein0:

Wow!
Great deal.
Delivery time?
10 - 20 working days
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 9:09pm On Aug 29, 2017
smartty68:

10 - 20 working days
I think noobody has sth similar, with one of tempered glass, case or earphone as gift, black note 4, with 2weeks sharp delivery.
Any gift coming with ds jumia offer?
Opistorincos, how d vibe na? wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by smartty68(m): 9:14pm On Aug 29, 2017
Protein0:

I think noobody has sth similar, with one of tempered glass, case or earphone as gift, black note 4, with 2weeks sharp delivery.
Nope! Remember that black is usually expensive
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 9:16pm On Aug 29, 2017
smartty68:

Nope! Remember that black is usually expensive
Yep.
Noobody has it for about that price with at least 1 gift.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by smartty68(m): 9:18pm On Aug 29, 2017
Protein0:

Yep.
Noobody has it for about that price with at least 1 gift.
Ok
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kstan(m): 9:23pm On Aug 29, 2017
Please someone should interpret this for me.
That's the response on tapping Next Button after typing verification code on the application page.

cc smartty68, GrandMufti

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by smartty68(m): 9:26pm On Aug 29, 2017
kstan:
Please someone should interpret this for me.
That's the response on tapping Next Button after typing verification code on the application page.

cc smartty68, GrandMufti
That's probably ehm ehm ehm, I don't understand Chinese biko cheesy

Modified
The popup is because you applied using a different number
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Opistorincos(m): 9:26pm On Aug 29, 2017
Protein0:

Leave me and my vibe o, I'm still getting used to this earpiece, it automatically turned me to a music person... Oya Wo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 9:27pm On Aug 29, 2017
Opistorincos:

Leave me and my vibe o, I'm still getting used to this earpiece, it automatically turned me to a music person... Oya Wo
grin cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kstan(m): 9:31pm On Aug 29, 2017
smartty68:

That's probably ehm ehm ehm, I don't understand Chinese biko cheesy

Modified
The popup is because you applied using a different number

embarassed

This is so frustrating.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BeardedTraveler: 9:33pm On Aug 29, 2017
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BeardedTraveler: 9:34pm On Aug 29, 2017
BeardedTraveler:
Good evening house, please I need a phone that costs around 15 - 25k or thereabout. Any recommendation? smiley

I think it's gonna be either Leagoo m8 or Doogee x30
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by smartty68(m): 9:39pm On Aug 29, 2017
kstan:

embarassed

This is so frustrating.
Sorry Bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by smartty68(m): 9:40pm On Aug 29, 2017
BeardedTraveler:

Thanks
Welcome
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nkeona(m): 9:41pm On Aug 29, 2017
pls which of the gtb card can be used for purchase master or visa
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 9:55pm On Aug 29, 2017
nkeona:

GTB usually gives out Mastercard.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by honsule(m): 10:10pm On Aug 29, 2017
chikenicholas:
I recently got the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x from Jumai for 62105 and waited for over 3weeks before it was delivered. All the package came with was the phone and a UK plug, no extra accessories with it.

Please where can I get protective case, SD Card and ear piece? I have gone to Banex plaza in Wuse2 but none of the phone shops has ever heard of Xiaomi. Someone directed me to this thread on NL.

Anyone with useful information on where I can get these accessories should plz reply

Are u serious? NONE of the shops has ever heard of Xiaomi cheesy cheesy grin grin. In Abuja? i can bet , u just entered 2 shops or thereabout
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by honsule(m): 10:11pm On Aug 29, 2017
nkeona:

i tried master, it almost paid, but i cancelled it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nkeona(m): 10:28pm On Aug 29, 2017
honsule:

thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nkeona(m): 10:28pm On Aug 29, 2017
honsule:

thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abduletudaye(m): 10:28pm On Aug 29, 2017
GrandMufti:

It has band 20 which works on Mtn and smile network

Cc prinzyy

Mufti, how about 4x 4/64??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yasolan(m): 10:41pm On Aug 29, 2017
Sprintx24:
Hi guys, good to be back. I have sadly but thankfully gotten another brandnew xiaomi device (Redmi Note 4x SD) from my good friend Protein. I am still looking for ways to fixing my Redmi note 4 mtk that recently packed up without any form of warning, any useful information will be greatly appreciated. In the meantime, please I need a recommendation of a good memory SD card from aliexpress, possibly a direct purchase link on aliexpress. At least a class 10 or higher grade 64 - 128gig. Please recommendations should be based on personal experience.

Thanks very much Protein for the speedy deal, you have been an amazing business partner. Guys, if you still need to obtain any piece, I recommend Protein as he still has products that can actually be delivered in a day or two anywhere in Nigeria even sambisa forest grin grin at a cool rate with abundance of accessories.

Special thanks to Gptech, Grandmufti, Medallion and every other wonderful person on here who have offered assistance in one way or the other, you guys are extremely amazing. I look forward to more help. Thanks again!
If I can buy the supposedly dead phone
Give me a mention if interested
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Joey35: 10:46pm On Aug 29, 2017
GrandMufti:

32GB or 64GB?
E be like say na mtk cheesy
32gb and it's confirm snapdragon variant

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1502) (1503) (1504) (1505) (1506) (1507) (1508) ... (9338) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sandammy(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.