Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,840 members, 7,872,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:44 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (3222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9513584 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3219) (3220) (3221) (3222) (3223) (3224) (3225) ... (9334) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:00pm On Jul 25, 2018
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jedisco(m): 10:01pm On Jul 25, 2018
Harryfrosh:
that's why I'm OK with my new max 2.... My next upgrade will be max 4... I believe max 4 will have more than 5500mah battery compare to max 3 and increase in snadgrom.... In overall.... Max 2 was released last year.. Max 3 this year... I believe max 4 will be next year... So waiting for a year to upgrade my phone is not bad....

Yeah... Max 4 should be an additive upgrade on Max 3 but a major upgrade on Max 2. Don't hope on the battery increase though
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 10:02pm On Jul 25, 2018
kstan:

Are you on official telegram Whyred thread?
There all fixes for all bugs were posted.
As I am typing this now, people don dey give feedback concerning the dp5.
Yes @adamix is my username there, ive seen the dp5 but im not trying it yet
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jedisco(m): 10:07pm On Jul 25, 2018
BeardedTraveler:

Reports have it that there might still be a pro version. It was spotted on Qualcomm's site

Yeah. But I just read online that from an official source, it wouldn't be released

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jedisco(m): 10:09pm On Jul 25, 2018
BeardedTraveler:

Your best bet is to use express shipping, to avoid stories that have "touching" capability

Lol... I may take the risk. I love learning new stuff. I wouldn't have imported a lot of items from aliexpress if I hadn't taken the first step. We learn everyday
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 10:11pm On Jul 25, 2018
henry007:

Which which Samsung phone are you talking about in particular?
u get time ooo... Some people are still dwelling in myths and legends wen samsung is involved.. Imagine dt nibba saying samsung phones cnt handle some games abi wetin he talk self, as if say samsung is under an emabrgo wey prevent dem to dey use snapdragon cpus...

Battery life... Sey xiaomi fit optimize smartphone unto battery endurance reach sammy ni...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 10:17pm On Jul 25, 2018
jedisco:

Lol... I may take the risk. I love learning new stuff. I wouldn't have imported a lot of items from aliexpress if I hadn't taken the first step. We learn everyday
Lol until you jam 16k customs fee
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 10:28pm On Jul 25, 2018
Is like some people are just f*cking new to proper android world (blame tecno n infinix for dt) or fanboyism jus get d better of em... If not for financial constraints and useless midrange pricing from major oems people embrace Xiaomi cauz of dia almost hard to bliv pricing... Who dey here wey no like d flagship offerings from sammy n some oda oems...

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 10:33pm On Jul 25, 2018
gidieberry:
Is like some people are just f*cking new to proper android world (blame tecno n infinix for dt) or fanboyism jus get d better of em... If not for financial constraints and useless midrange pricing from major oems people embrace Xiaomi cauz of dia almost hard to bliv pricing... Who dey here wey no like d flagship offerings from sammy n some oda oems...
Not everyone likes samsung, just like not everyone likes apple, and also xiaomi..and xiaomi have flagships too so what are you really saying?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 10:38pm On Jul 25, 2018
GrandMufti:

Strictly for the sharp guys

I don't want to rush to buy max 3.
who knows? There may be a Honk Kong version of it tongue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 10:39pm On Jul 25, 2018
priceaction:

Why do you think Samsung sell well despite the fact that they have poor battery life? That is the processor that keeps them in the game.
samsung phones get poor battery life. Are u referring to d good old days of s3, s4....s6
This article is dated December 2017... Check how many sammy fones dey dere
https://m.gsmarena.com/top_10_phones_2017_by_battery_life-news-28521.php
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 10:41pm On Jul 25, 2018
adamix:

Not everyone likes samsung, just like not everyone likes apple, and also xiaomi..and xiaomi have flagships too so what are you really saying?
if not for financial constraints i repeat many of us here will not b importing xiaomi phones from all d way china

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 10:43pm On Jul 25, 2018
gidieberry:
if not for financial constraints i repeat many of us here will not b importing xiaomi phones from all d way china
Whichever way
I wont be buying samsung, thats for sure.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 10:45pm On Jul 25, 2018
gidieberry:
Abroad that things are better, na everyone dey use samsung and apple?

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 10:46pm On Jul 25, 2018
adamix:
Whichever way I wont be buying samsung, thats for sure.
whaever
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 10:47pm On Jul 25, 2018
adamix:

Abroad that things are better, na everyone dey use samsung and apple?
lmao... Remove china and india from d equation... How many people dey use fones from chinese oems.. Dou no way to get statistical evidence but in developed countries an average citizen get dia fone from carriers, few get dia fones as unlocked...
Come point am to me how many countries dis chinese oems get dt much intimidating presence
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:47pm On Jul 25, 2018
iliyande:

I don't want to rush to buy max 3.
who knows? There may be a Honk Kong version of it tongue

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by orobs93(m): 10:55pm On Jul 25, 2018
I want to work on my note 4x Xiaomi food ear piece ,screen replacement ..body change I mean the battery cover or body of the phone ..and a very good charger as well
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by zevous: 10:55pm On Jul 25, 2018
gidieberry:

To reply you.. I have used iPhone all the way from the days of Iphone 4-6s+.. And I must tell you at the rate iPhone is for now.. I would happily trade my iPhone for an android like Samsung, OnePlus and the rest.. Apple IOS is just over optimized.. Imagine iPhone 6s Plus having a bat3 cap of 1715Mah and 2gb ram for a phone 100k SMH.. Though you pretty right about the pricing... Which OEM would release a phone with specs like that of Redmi note 5 and sell if below 100K.. Even tecno and infinix crap would sell over the 100k mark (NO bad blood to tecno/infinix users)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yahmaid04(m): 10:56pm On Jul 25, 2018
adamix:

Yall should get telegram and join our whyred group, these things are there.
https:/// whyredofficial....remove the space
thanks. That group complicated as fck mehn.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 10:58pm On Jul 25, 2018
gidieberry:
lmao... Remove china and india from d equation... How many people dey use fones from chinese oems.. Dou no way to get statistical evidence but in developed countries an average citizen get dia fone from carriers, few get dia fones as unlocked...
Come point am to me how many countries dis chinese oems get dt much intimidating presence
Those buying from AliExpress and other online retailers aren't usually indians nor chinese...so where? Mars?....but enough, before you call me a fanboy, i just dont like people thinking the way you do, let people enjoy their stuff....you prefer samsung? Cool, what are you doing here? Save extra hard and buy used flagship or new.whichever way suites you.

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 10:59pm On Jul 25, 2018
zevous:

To reply you.. I have used iPhone all the way from the days of Iphone 4-6s+.. And I must tell you at the rate iPhone is for now.. I would happily trade my iPhone for an android like Samsung, OnePlus and the rest.. Apple IOS is just over optimized.. Imagine iPhone 6s Plus having a bat3 cap of 1715Mah and 2gb ram for a phone 100k SMH
if u check d comment dt u quote very well, u jus dey buttress ma point by making financial constraint evident as well..
Abou d whole iphone using this ram n dt, android n ios aint using d same programming language... Thank God for arm optimization n Google , android requires heavy hardware...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shapman: 11:00pm On Jul 25, 2018
BeardedTraveler:

Enters the small-BIG man. Small in size but output is marvelous. Very nice recommondation by Oga Lexusgs430, I appreciate.

Cc Cassie74
Pls what's the AE link?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by zevous: 11:02pm On Jul 25, 2018
XIAOMI grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 11:02pm On Jul 25, 2018
adamix:

Those buying from AliExpress and other online retailers aren't usually indians nor chinese...so where? Mars?....but enough, before you call me a fanboy, i just dont like people thinking the way you do, let people enjoy their stuff....you prefer samsung? Cool, what are you doing here? Save extra hard and buy used flagship or new.whichever way suites you.
Chisos... I guess u aint familiar dt much wif me on dis group... Me a fanboy..
I guess d vantage point u are using as a point of reference aint correlate wif mine.. Good day
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 11:02pm On Jul 25, 2018
orobs93:
I want to work on my note 4x Xiaomi food ear piece ,screen replacement ..body change I mean the battery cover or body of the phone ..and a very good charger as well
Trailer march your phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 11:03pm On Jul 25, 2018
gidieberry:
I guess d vantage point u are using as a point of reference aint correlate wif mine.. Good day
Show me where i said that
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 11:05pm On Jul 25, 2018
shapman:

Pls what's the AE link?

AE does not sell this......
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 11:06pm On Jul 25, 2018
adamix:
Show me where i said that
my bad sorry!!!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 11:07pm On Jul 25, 2018
gidieberry:
Its your mindset that needs to change.... people not wanting to be ripped off on prices doesn't equate to brokeness(though mine do)....peace....i wan flash new rom now.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 11:08pm On Jul 25, 2018
adamix:

back to d matter.. An average citizen in a developed country prefer to buy phones on contract than importing from a gray site... Thinz like warranty and official presence of an oem in dia immediate environment is paramount to their need
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 11:09pm On Jul 25, 2018
adamix:

Its your mindset that needs to change.... people not wanting to be ripped off on prices doesn't equate to brokeness(though mine do)....peace....i wan flash new rom now.
lmao.. Which mindset... U are thinking like an average Nigerian

(1) (2) (3) ... (3219) (3220) (3221) (3222) (3223) (3224) (3225) ... (9334) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.