Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,019 members, 7,915,959 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 01:04 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6019) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9660515 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6016) (6017) (6018) (6019) (6020) (6021) (6022) ... (9342) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 3:39pm On Oct 11, 2019
KngGezy:

No Sir I didn't generalize it. I said for RN7 it is a need.
That's a general statement, Kng as you never said some RN7 users but RN7.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 11, 2019
Carnage4life:

Same for Xiaomi . Its a Want. Not compulsory... But if you want better photos on Samsung or Xiaomi. Grab Gcam.
Your tone is of someone who believes Samsung stock camera is really goooood and they don't need Gcam at all. If you think that, you don't really know Samsung then.
FYI I'm a former S8 user.

No we are doing comparative study. The person I replied said his Rn5 is better than a S8+ camera. That is fallacious , it's like saying his camera is better than a Mi9t
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:41pm On Oct 11, 2019
fibonacci2526:

The first bolded, the pic lavanderjade posted contained so many devices/models but as usual you thought I needed it for "my xiaomi device" lolllllllllll well except there is a gcam port for redmi 7a. And the last bolded, nah do not bother as I can see through your sheninghan and shithousery. Like I said Go and sit down in a corner.

Ma bi nu grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ziyech(m): 3:42pm On Oct 11, 2019
RN7 review is available at gsmarena for all to see.. Why not go and check out the review and camera samples, dem no kukuma use gcam snap those ones.. You all should quit going back and forth with him na to avert derailing the thread unnecessarily.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 11, 2019
jboixxx:

That's a general statement, Kng as you never said some RN7 users but RN7.

Okay Sir, I think I will end it here. This argument has dragged on for hours. And obviously no one will agree nor prove evidence contrary to my claim. I have quoted enough post for a day.
Have a blessed and prosperous day Sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 3:44pm On Oct 11, 2019
KngGezy:

Lol it looks like someone is having issues with the Gcam. But is refusing to support my claim openly.
Las Las you will see that I am not trying to discredit anything nor anyone

Do you remember Blackberry 10 devices and how you could sideload android apps on them. BB10 had annoying Instagram apps so anyone who wanted to enjoy instagram had to sideload the android apk. They ran okay but the sideloaded app's features weren't always 100% functional as they were on actual android phones + it was just not nearly as smooth as the native bb10 apps. That ability to sideload android apps was a big advantage for the BB10 and at some point near the end of BB10's life, it was the only reason to not throw it away.
GCAM is kinda like that. Without it, only very good photo editing skills could fool anyone into thinking your pictures are shot on an actual Google Pixel(Read crispy flagship camera). I sure as hell will rather have that option to manage the bugginess when I need it as opposed to not having the option at all.

11 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 11, 2019
fibonacci2526:

The first bolded, the pic lavanderjade posted contained so many devices/models but as usual you thought I needed it for "my xiaomi device" lolllllllllll well except there is a gcam port for redmi 7a. And the last bolded, nah do not bother as I can see through your sheninghan and shithousery. Like I said Go and sit down in a corner.

Ma'am I think we should let it rest. I haven't been able to go anywhere by replying to your mentions. My quotes have helped me prove my point.
Have a nice day ma'am
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yungsmart(m): 4:00pm On Oct 11, 2019
Pls you guys should quit quoting KngGezy the more you reply him the more he says things that reeks of ignorance and misinformation. He is a lost sheep that doesn't want to be saved.

He might just turn out to be another' madgoat.

KngGezy....

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 4:02pm On Oct 11, 2019
GrandMufti:

Ma bi nu grin grin

lollll, am done with his facade jare.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:03pm On Oct 11, 2019
KngGezy:

I can quote a whole conversation said by popular monikers here on this thread. Asserting the fact that GCAM 3rd party app crashes after 3 photos. And I wont call a 6gb ram phone a small ram . And the moniker made mention that he had to use the stock camera plus snapspeed

Btw I am not disputing the fact that Sseries users may request for Gcam. But they don't do it because the need it they do it because they want it. The economist will understand.

You will start something you can't finish and start shifting goal posts. Kwatinue.

Please post the several posts. If the monikers are not up to 50 keep your opinion for your wallet.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 4:03pm On Oct 11, 2019
lavenderjade:

D assholes cover it cos de tink ppl can colect dier package..
Hw dem wan take collect wetin ur name.. Even d owber sef de get tough time collecting it somtimes grin grin

Oya come and collect this grin

Lol.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 4:04pm On Oct 11, 2019
KngGezy:

Ma'am I think we should let it rest. I haven't been able to go anywhere by replying to your mentions. My quotes have helped me prove my point.
Have a nice day ma'am

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Enjoy your day too sir.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xoftxoul: 4:17pm On Oct 11, 2019
Here's my take on this gcam issue
Whether you are using Samsung, xiaomi, LG etc
And you want to get the best of shots out of your phone (be it any phone)
Then you will want to use gcam:
Why? Because Google has demonstrated that you don't necessarily need crazy pixel counts/hardware to get good shots...
Gcam is the best software for pictures... Computational prowess in processing image details...
Every phone needs it.... not a particular brand.
Thank you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 11, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Enjoy your day too sir.
I am not really sure if I am the one who needs that advice ma'am. 2018 is not that long ago for Gods sake
The first post with over 10 likes

2kurupt:
Good morning folks, today must be gcam Saturday grin

Make I shake table small cheesy

Gcam issa big scam, camera app that you'll be loading like cork and shoot Awka made pistol, is that one camera app?

Even after all the unlocking & flashing hassles sef o

Las Las someone sometime in the past admitted that as at the same time Redmi 6 not even 5 was reigning. Flagship phones were still besting them in cameras etc. And someone was saying his camera on his redmi note 5 beats a flagship S8+ camera. Anyway.....

acekid109:

Buy high end phones or buy phones with flagship processors dey no go buy dem go buy redmi's still dey complain sey gcam slow, wetin u find go there grin grin in the first place

I said this times without number that you cant enjoy Gcam on a device without rooting @oga jboixxx. @jboixxx I draw my conclusions from what I read here. Finite...

CuteMaro:

If you want gcam for the Note 6 pro, then be ready to unlock bootloader, flash twrp & camera2api b4 installing.

To me it's not really worth it coz its as buggy as hell, ask the users.

You can chat me up for the official telegram group link. I will try to post it here, dunno if it is allowed though.

There you can get all the help you need.

https:///tulipofficial

I think that will be all.

Have a blessed day
Modified
I apologise to all those who I quoted.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamteegee(m): 4:20pm On Oct 11, 2019
Please I want to buy a xaomi redmi phone note7 but I have an itel p32 that I wanna counterbalance.. so guys how much do I put on top the itel?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamteegee(m): 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2019
ibawon:

no I was using Sam S6 edge and M8 just wanted to drop them and use something totally different.
and I will say the fingerprint scanner is quite OK unlike the one on my S6 edge with is really shocking

Please I want to buy a xaomi redmi phone note7 but I have an itel p32 that I wanna counterbalance.. so guys how much do I put on top the itel?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 4:23pm On Oct 11, 2019
I didn't want to delve into your empty argument or your exaggeration of Samsung devices,comparing a20 camera to RN7 is a crime(electronics felony) punishable by ban from using devices ,so once its a sammy product automatically its of best quality,i laugh in China and India,as for the issues faced by xiaomi users,its something that is inevitable because no device is 100% accurate.sometimes electronics is a times thing of luck and management (e.g)i bought one Samsung led tele,after few days of using it started having backlight issue and it was fixed twice and in the process it started showing a vertical line on the screen,so will i say Samsung is whack product just because of that experience with mine? hell NO it was just that i was unlucky.

I have been using my RN5 for close to a yr but haven't faced any issue so calm down every product has it flaws

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 11, 2019
xoftxoul:
Here's my take on this gcam issue
Whether you are using Samsung, xiaomi, LG etc
And you want to get the best of shots out of your phone (be it any phone)
Then you will want to use gcam:
Why? Because Google has demonstrated that you don't necessarily need crazy pixel counts/hardware to get good shots...
Gcam is the best software for pictures... Computational prowess in processing image details...
Every phone needs it.... not a particular brand.
Thank you

Yes Sir I loved the way you broke it down. But no Sir not every brand needs it. But every brand may want it for its picture taking prowess. That doesn't mean that the stock camera on an iphone is wack.

What I am trying to correct is the fact that Gcam is being portrayed as the best aftermarket feature available to users. But meanwhile this app is deeply flawed. It looks like its because I am not a user. As seen in my quotes when users criticize the brand its seen with a different eye or perspective.
When someone made reference to Redmi 5 being better than the S8+ stock. On stock its an impossible feat
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 4:28pm On Oct 11, 2019
iamteegee:

To be fair no one will want to trade their note 7 for the itel, sell the itel first and see how much you will be needing to get the note 7. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 4:29pm On Oct 11, 2019
KngGezy:

Have a nice day ma'am
you are getting it all wrong,see I know where you are getting your energy,did you know if picture from redmi note 7 and a flagship is taken, you might make mistake while picking which is which and yes am talking about stock cam not gcam

anyway what is your take on the matter below,getting to know it happened without gcam whats your take

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:29pm On Oct 11, 2019
KngGezy:

I am not really sure if I am the one who needs that advice ma'am. 2018 is not that long ago for Gods sake
The first post with over 10 likes

Las Las someone sometime in the past admitted that as at the same time Redmi 6 not even 5 was reigning. Flagship phones were still besting them in cameras etc. And someone was saying his camera on his redmi note 5 beats a flagship S8+ camera. Anyway.....

I said this times without number that you cant enjoy Gcam on a device without rooting @oga jboixxx. @jboixxx I draw my conclusions from what I read here. Finite...

I think that will be all.

Have a blessed day
Modified
I apologise to all those who I quoted.

Let me school you since you a novice to this thread and probably to the tech world.

Camera2api been enabled is a prerequisite for using Gcam on any device. On Samsung their high end it comes enabled on their mid-range only few and thanks to Exynos you can't enable it even if you manage to root example A20, A30 and their likes exemption of A50 and above.

Now back to Xiaomi. Prior to Redmi Note 7, Xiaomi only enabled Camera2api out of the box(from factory) for only their flagship Mi and Mi Mix series.

So for older devices like RN6 pro, RN5, Redmi 5 plus, RN 4X etc you had to not necessarily root but unlock bootloader, install a custom recovery and enable camera2api all these takes seconds.

But now from Redmi 7 upwards no need for the shenanigans stated above, just get a compatible GCam with the right settings if needed and you are good to go.

Now on the posts you quoted from 2018.

The first 2 were banters and the last one was just directed those interested in GCam on their RN6 Pro the way to go. So you still have not said anything.

Thank you for the reading.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 11, 2019
Tiger2020:
I didn't want to delve into your empty argument or your exaggeration of Samsung devices,comparing a20 camera to RN7 is a crime(electronics felony) punishable by ban from using devices ,so once its a sammy product automatically its of best quality,i laugh in China and India,as for the issues faced by xiaomi users,its something that is inevitable because no device is 100% accurate.sometimes electronics is a times thing of luck and management (e.g)i bought one Samsung led tele,after few days of using it started having backlight issue and it was fixed twice and in the process it started showing a vertical line on the screen,so will i say Samsung is whack product just because of that experience with mine? hell NO it was just that i was unlucky.

I have been using my RN5 for close to a yr but haven't faced any issue so calm down every product has it flaws

Sir I am not opposing that out of a brand one or two of the devices may be faulty. I am talking about a general issue which has been asserted on this thread.
Okay please explain or contradict those monikers I quoted
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jackossky(m): 4:31pm On Oct 11, 2019
GrandMufti:

Less than 10k

Check the other thread. Someone should have it
The link please...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 4:32pm On Oct 11, 2019
KngGezy,

2curupt you quoted was being sarcastic (if I'm not mistaken).

About rooting before GCam can be installed. Yes, some devices requires this but those are old devices. But this doesn't mean OS flashing is same as rooting. OS flashing ≠ Rooting!

Hey! My old R6 doesn't need rooting to install it either!

Finit
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 11, 2019
genius43:

Let me school you since you a novice to this thread and probably to the tech world.

Camera2api been enabled is a prerequisite for using Gcam on any device. On Samsung their high end it comes enabled on their mid-range only few and thanks to Exynos you can't enable it even if you manage to root example A20, A30 and their likes exemption of A50 and above.

Now back to Xiaomi. Prior to Redmi Note 7, Xiaomi only enabled Camera2api out of the box(from factory) for only their flagship Mi and Mi Mix series.

So for older devices like RN6 pro, RN5, Redmi 5 plus, RN 4X etc you had to not necessarily root but unlock bootloader, install a custom recovery and enable camera2api all these takes seconds.

But now from Redmi 7 upwards no need for the shenanigans stated above, just get a compatible GCam with the right settings if needed and you are good to go.

Now on the posts you quoted from 2018.

The first 2 were banters and the last one was just directed those interested in GCam on their RN6 Pro the way to go. So you still have not said anything.

Thank you for the reading.

I had quoted the Gcam still having issues on rn7 .
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 4:37pm On Oct 11, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 4:40pm On Oct 11, 2019
I'm tayad! I'm off nairaland for today.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 4:41pm On Oct 11, 2019
KngGezy:

I had quoted the Gcam still having issues on rn7 .
You like wàhálà tu mosh.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 11, 2019
jboixxx:
KngGezy,

2curupt you quoted was being sarcastic (if I'm not mistaken

The sequence of comments before proves his comment was NOT sarcastic.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 11, 2019
jboixxx:

You like wàhálà tu mosh.

Lol my fingers are aching. Short break please
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ziyech(m): 4:43pm On Oct 11, 2019
yungsmart:
Pls you guys should quit quoting KngGezy the more you reply him the more he says things that reeks of ignorance and misinformation.

KngGezy....

Baba, I weak eh. same people will be complaining about derailing on this thread. Dude won't quit anytime soon, it's obvious. This same person once commented here that Xiaomi has been in Nigeria for over a decade.. I shame for peeps going back and forth with him
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 11, 2019
yungsmart:
Pls you guys should quit quoting KngGezy the more you reply him the more he says things that reeks of ignorance and misinformation.

KngGezy....

Those I quoted also reeked of ignorance and they were misinformed about their own personal devices

(1) (2) (3) ... (6016) (6017) (6018) (6019) (6020) (6021) (6022) ... (9342) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.