Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,464 members, 7,891,916 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:31 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7537) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9577719 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7534) (7535) (7536) (7537) (7538) (7539) (7540) ... (9338) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Praxtech: 10:51am On Jul 10, 2020
genius43:

Redmi 8 has FP scanner. Only R8A doesn't.

Yet your budget cannot afford any of this phones.

And they are far better than the phones you are comparing them with.
Good morning dearie
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:52am On Jul 10, 2020
vickyhow:

How much is 8A brand new?

Around 46K
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:53am On Jul 10, 2020
Vorp:

please which one do you recommend or which one would you go for it were you

I arranged them in my order of preference.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 10:55am On Jul 10, 2020
Adonisceo:
bro antispam bot banned me, I'm using chup*X heard it's original and better than the previous ones I got yet it's still giving me issues,

Shebi I can update the phone without mcard present

Fixing the mcard requires card reader right? So even after fixing I'll still format, kai my files ohh cry
You can update without the mSD and updates can't spoil your mSD, don't know if it's possible if card is used as adaptive storage though.

You'll need a card reader or SD adapter to use with a PC and the fixing procedure I highlighted earlier won't format your card if recognised except you format it yourself.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 11:00am On Jul 10, 2020
Adonisceo:
but I can remove the mcard and update right?
Of course
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eben123(m): 11:32am On Jul 10, 2020
OMOKUNMI90:
redmi 7a. Android 10 update.
Bro, which miui do u currently have on ur 7a now ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oliveronline: 11:32am On Jul 10, 2020
My Redmi 7 is a year old but still the phone no won old. Battery and everything is just like i bought it yesterday.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 11:34am On Jul 10, 2020
fibonacci2526:

Rakiticbar.
Baba na TLC mogul, I hope ẹ go get patience sa That man get nice deals ehn, atymes I go wan cry cauz no cash

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 11:34am On Jul 10, 2020
OfficialGaGa:
Guys sorry for derailing or going outside the wire here but pls I want to purchase a fairly used laptop for graphic design probably from sellers on NL but I don't know any trust worthy person to deal with... pls if u know any.. do tell.. thanks
contact @Kreamie, by graphics laptop I hope you know they don't come cheap

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eben123(m): 11:35am On Jul 10, 2020
Please I've been trying to download apps from playstore since yesterday,it keeps writing waiting for download.. pls how do I rectify this ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 11:39am On Jul 10, 2020
Alfred234:

And your phone doesn't heat?
Your phone will heat up to 45°c on that settings and your battery will also drain like water.

Lol. Played for about 3hrs on High + Max and the SoC was 39° checked with DevCheck Info.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 11:47am On Jul 10, 2020
Alfred234:

CODM doesn't make your device heat up, I dunno how they did it but it's amazing.

CoD M uses a Cloud based configuration.

When you launch the game, it automatically detects your hardware and sets the best possible configuration for your device. PUBG M on the other hand will assess your hardware, then adjudge what should work.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 10, 2020
explosiveskull:

Why are you guys scared of updating your phones, even if I see an update of 0.1kb file in my updater, I dey update am without thinking twice. There is a reason the manufacturer is sending updates, and you snubbing it will make your phone obsolete and will be deprived of its optimal functioning. The issue of problems after updating is your phone readapting to its new self, just hard reset and wait a little, if there is a bug in the update, it can mean that you may have downloaded the file with faulty network and may have corrupted some part of the update file or the manufacturer is testing out something which you can report back for the update to be patched. If all of us keep dodging from updating, how will the manufacturer know how to serve us well. You guys don't know how privileged you are to be getting updates unlike camel 1-2 devices and iFin-niz devices who see no changes in their phones and can only update by buying a new device. Our manufacturers are saving us money to have one device and be changing it to a newer device with updates.

Who said anything about being scared to download an update. Can you point me to where I mentioned such?

I have my reason for saying till miui 12 coz I was looking at the data consumption considering the fact that miui 12 update will be up anytime from now.

Whatever you choose to do with your phone and updates is no body's business.
Desist from bringing up ideas from your head. You don't know better than I do.

You're welcome. smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 10, 2020
Elder0001:
Which theme is this?

Cc mrjef

1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leetylee: 12:03pm On Jul 10, 2020
Does update makes the internal memory deplete?
I know bout system app taking 1/3 of the space so does update do likewise? Or ot just delete old files and add new ones maintaining the original data used?

Don't mind my silly questions, just too curious..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 10, 2020
genius43:

I arranged them in my order of preference.
thanks bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by colorsofrainbow: 12:12pm On Jul 10, 2020
Swichnerd:

pls which font are u sing??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adonisceo: 12:19pm On Jul 10, 2020
jboixxx:
You can update without the mSD and updates can't spoil your mSD, don't know if it's possible if card is used as adaptive storage though.

You'll need a card reader or SD adapter to use with a PC and the fixing procedure I highlighted earlier won't format your card if recognised except you format it yourself.
d pc didn't recognize d card
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 12:23pm On Jul 10, 2020
Adonisceo:
d pc didn't recognize d card
and you've tried checking on the CMD prompt platform?

Just get yourself a new card when it's convenient for you and make sure you don't go for those Chu*** again.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adonisceo: 12:26pm On Jul 10, 2020
jboixxx:
and you've tried checking on the CMD prompt platform?

Just get yourself a new card when it's convenient for you and make sure you don't go for those Chu*** again.
sorry bro what do you mean by CMD prompt platform

So which kinda card do u suggest I go 4
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Rakiticbarca: 12:35pm On Jul 10, 2020
fibonacci2526:

Rakiticbarca.
thanks for the mention. I appreciate
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Alfred234(m): 12:53pm On Jul 10, 2020
festwiz:

Lol. Played for about 3hrs on High + Max and the SoC was 39° checked with DevCheck Info.
CODM or PUBGM?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 12:59pm On Jul 10, 2020
Rakiticbarca:
thanks for the mention. I appreciate

That Lenovo wey I no buy pain me o grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kreamie(m): 1:04pm On Jul 10, 2020
Come to me sir
OfficialGaGa:
Guys sorry for derailing or going outside the wire here but pls I want to purchase a fairly used laptop for graphic design probably from sellers on NL but I don't know any trust worthy person to deal with... pls if u know any.. do tell.. thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 1:25pm On Jul 10, 2020
gidieberry:
Baba na TLC mogul, I hope ẹ go get patience sa
That man get nice deals ehn, atymes I go wan cry cauz no cash

As in , got my lenovo x1 carbon 5th gen from him in February at a very cool price, enjoying it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Folahanmi19(m): 1:36pm On Jul 10, 2020
My brother checked, this is what he got... No android 10 yet... Redmi7
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Praxtech: 1:41pm On Jul 10, 2020
Oliveronline:
My Redmi 7 is a year old but still the phone no won old. Battery and everything is just like i bought it yesterday.
Mine went south with the miui 11 update battery drains and all
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 10, 2020
Ok
Praxtech:

Mine went south with the miui 11 update battery drains and all

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 2:04pm On Jul 10, 2020
Adonisceo:
sorry bro what do you mean by CMD prompt platform

So which kinda card do u suggest I go 4
Just go get any good C10 card at least.
Check Xiaomi Thread Store For sellers.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 2:05pm On Jul 10, 2020
Guest view plenty 77 keh

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:10pm On Jul 10, 2020
jboixxx:
Guest view plenty 77 keh

grin

Our sister OEMs from this side
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 2:14pm On Jul 10, 2020
KillerFrost:

Who said anything about being scared to download an update. Can you point me to where I mentioned such?

I have my reason for saying till miui 12 coz I was looking at the data consumption considering the fact that miui 12 update will be up anytime from now.

Whatever you choose to do with your phone and updates is no body's business.
Desist from bringing up ideas from your head. You don't know better than I do.

You're welcome. smiley

You won't be eligible for MIUI 12 without updating to certain builds of MIUI 11.

Update your phone and stop complaining about data.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7534) (7535) (7536) (7537) (7538) (7539) (7540) ... (9338) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.