Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,990 members, 7,970,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 06:34 PM

The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola (11223 Views)

Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed / Why The Marriage Between Bola Tinubu & GMB Is Falling Apart -Musa Abdullahi / Buhari With Babagida, Tinubu, And Obasanjo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by babapupa: 9:06pm On Aug 14, 2009
Lagos was NOT in chaos, neither was it a hell hole. It was actually during Tinubu's years that the State seemed to decay even much more.

110% correct.
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by chyk91(m): 9:16pm On Aug 14, 2009
the diff is everytin
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by illusion2: 9:35pm On Aug 14, 2009
We all seem to forget quickly that Tinubu was the one that battled Gen Obasanjo & all his cronies(Bode George,Ogunlewe,Obanikoro et al) to a standstill?

Without him overcoming all these wicked people ,there'll be no Fashola today. In addition the man ran Lagos without Local Govt funds for more than 2 years,cos of the wicked AND VISIONLESS PDP.

He's also very,very streetwise or else Ribadu would have caught up with him,7 to show how successful he's been,he not only retained Lagos,but they now have other AC govs or allies in Edo,Ondo & very soon Ekiti.

He certainly has his weak/bad sides but all in all the man has a progressive vision.

fashola couldn't have fought those wars that Tinubu succeeded in. So they make a good team.

EKO O NI BAJE O !!!!
wink wink kiss kiss
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by Kobojunkie: 9:46pm On Aug 14, 2009
illusion2:

We all seem to forget quickly that Tinubu was the one that battled Gen Obasanjo & all his cronies(Bode George,Ogunlewe,Obanikoro et al) to a standstill?

Roflmao!!! And they tell you that NO OTHER governor in the world is able to battle opposition while it still is faced with doing it’s job? COME ON!! STOP with the excuses people.

illusion2:

Without him overcoming all these wicked people ,there'll be no Fashola today. In addition the man ran Lagos without Local Govt funds for more than 2 years,cos of the wicked AND VISIONLESS PDP.

He's also very,very streetwise or else Ribadu would have caught up with him,7 to show how successful he's been,he not only retained Lagos,but they now have other AC govs or allies in Edo,Ondo & very soon Ekiti.

He certainly has his weak/bad sides but all in all the man has a progressive vision.

fashola couldn't have fought those wars that Tinubu succeeded in. So they make a good team.

EKO O NI BAJE O !!!!
wink wink kiss kiss

Look, what is lame here is people continually trying to provide silly/ridiculous excuses for why Tinubu could not perform in a solid 8 years ( 2 terms) in office, when most of the governors before him, most of whom had less than a term to work with, were able to record some really good jobs in way less time.

I bet you people will be offering the above sort of excuses when Yar adua is out of office.
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by Eluala(m): 10:04pm On Aug 14, 2009
@ Illusion,

Men your contribution couldn't be more apt. People keep making all these blanket comparisons forgeting that in every organisation, individual team members play in a position of strength for the ultimate good of the team.

Tinubu knows how to play the politics. He is a master at that while Fashola is your ideal goal-oriented manager. He is a functionary. He simply does what needs to be done and doesn't get bogged down with systemic culture. Having said that, he needs the wits, sagacity and charisma of a man like Tinubu to succeed. Do you know what would have happened in Lagos if that grassroot men did not risk their lives to ensure that PDP rigging machinery did not overrun Lagos in 2007? I tell you the truth, only a man like Tinubu has what it takes to massively mobilise that kind of support.

You and I will not go to the street to fight with PDP touts/Police for ballot boxes. Our lives are too cool to do that. These guys we call area boys did and the result is a Fashola. I believe with privilege comes a lot of responsibility. Those of us who I consider the emerging middle class in Nigeria should exercise some caution and seriously consider issues before putting hand to the keyboard.

And for the "not so enlightened" among us who are still parading and playing up such cheap, mundane and obsolete matter of tribe/race/religion, my advise for you is to wake up from your slumber. Lagos is a National treasure that just happens to be located in South West part of Nigeria. I have had the privilege of leaving in a number of cities in Nigeria in my lifetime and I can tell you that apart from Warri, Delta State, LAGOS is the only state in Nigeria where I will physically go and pay my tax to the authorities like I pay my tithe in Church assuming it is not deducted from source. It is a home for all of us. We have to start building the Nigeria of our dream with every opportunity we have as stop dissipating energy on things that don't improve us in anyway.

Let's stop all these "Saul is good but DAVID is great" kind of comparison because ultimately it is hurting Fashola's functioning machinery and putting a lot of heat on him.

EKO O NI BAJE O!!!!
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by babapupa: 10:17pm On Aug 14, 2009
@ Illusion,

Men your contribution couldn't be more apt. People keep making all these blanket comparisons forgeting that in every organisation, individual team members play in a position of strength for the ultimate good of the team.

Tinubu knows how to play the politics. He is a master at that while Fashola is your ideal goal-oriented manager. He is a functionary. He simply does what needs to be done and doesn't get bogged down with systemic culture. Having said that, he needs the wits, sagacity and charisma of a man like Tinubu to succeed. Do you know what would have happened in Lagos if that grassroot men did not risk their lives to ensure that PDP rigging machinery did not overrun Lagos in 2007? I tell you the truth, only a man like Tinubu has what it takes to massively mobilise that kind of support.

You and I will not go to the street to fight with PDP touts/Police for ballot boxes. Our lives are too cool to do that. These guys we call area boys did and the result is a Fashola. I believe with privilege comes a lot of responsibility. Those of us who I consider the emerging middle class in Nigeria should exercise some caution and seriously consider issues before putting hand to the keyboard.

And for the "not so enlightened" among us who are still parading and playing up such cheap, mundane and obsolete matter of tribe/race/religion, my advise for you is to wake up from your slumber. Lagos is a National treasure that just happens to be located in South West part of Nigeria. I have had the privilege of leaving in a number of cities in Nigeria in my lifetime and I can tell you that apart from Warri, Delta State, LAGOS is the only state in Nigeria where I will physically go and pay my tax to the authorities like I pay my tithe in Church assuming it is not deducted from source. It is a home for all of us. We have to start building the Nigeria of our dream with every opportunity we have as stop dissipating energy on things that don't improve us in anyway.

Let's stop all these "Saul is good but DAVID is great" kind of comparison because ultimately it is hurting Fashola's functioning machinery and putting a lot of heat on him.

EKO O NI BAJE O!!!!

Best post in this thread.

Like they say, Fashola is the governor of Ndi Igbo, Efik, Kalabari, Ijaw, Eket, Ibibio, Sanbo Ngeri, the Hausas, Fulanis, Yorubas, the Igalas, the Itshekiris, the Binis and all,

God bless you.
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by desgiezd(m): 10:24pm On Aug 14, 2009
Needless arguing with you about Tinubu because you have your mind fixed that they guy is not good but to me Tinubu is good and he performed very well. I was also in Lagos during Marwa's time, he came in and did all the jobs that Oyinlola couldn't do. I lived in Ketu then and I still do, my church at the time was in Ikorodu. I know also that Marwa dualised Ikorodu to Ketu road using direct labour as well as fixed many other roads and the jobs he did endeared him to Lagosians, myself included, but to say Lagos became decayed during Tinubu's time is to be economical with the truh.

So much for the argument.
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by desgiezd(m): 10:28pm On Aug 14, 2009
@ Eluala

Thanks so much for your unbiased and informed post.
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by Kobojunkie: 10:30pm On Aug 14, 2009
desgiezd:

Needless arguing with you about Tinubu because you have your mind fixed that they guy is not good but to me Tinubu is good and he performed very well. I was also in Lagos during Marwa's time, he came in and did all the jobs that Oyinlola couldn't do. I lived in Ketu then and I still do, my church at the time was in Ikorodu. I know also that Marwa dualised Ikorodu to Ketu road using direct labour as well as fixed many other roads and the jobs he did endeared him to Lagosians, myself included, but to say Lagos became decayed during Tinubu's time is to be economical with the truh.

So much for the argument.

Here are some questions to help you. . . .

I am glad you admit that while Marwa was in the house, there was significant change in areas that most of the past governors barely paid much attention to,

a) How long was Marwa's government in Lagos?

b) Who took over right after Marwa Left office?

c) How many governors has Lagos had since Marwa?

d) Was there a period after Marwa that the state did not have a Governor, if yes, How long was this period and when?
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by desgiezd(m): 10:34pm On Aug 14, 2009
I just told you so much for this argument
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by Kobojunkie: 10:41pm On Aug 14, 2009
Saying "So Much for this argument" does not do anything to help the facts.
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by desgiezd(m): 10:47pm On Aug 14, 2009
Thank you
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by babapupa: 10:52pm On Aug 14, 2009
desgiezd -

You made valid points.

I'm sure you know this already, but for what it's worth, some people on NL don't give a shit about anything lagos or yoruba, they reason off hate and tribal sentiments, this is their state of mind and make up.

Their minds are polluted, filled with hate and prejudice, and jokes aside, I do feel sorry for them because they get fed with anti yoruba BS from birth and they carry that burden and monkey of their backs generations after generations.
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by Kobojunkie: 12:22am On Aug 15, 2009
UUmm. . . . . What points did he make? I lived in, and still have residence in lagos. My family and friends happen to be in Lagos full time, so this is not about people from others places who you may be afraid of telling you what they do not know. I grew up Through most of the state governors in that state and Tinubu had the most time to effect SERIOUS CHANGE in that state, compared to most all of those befor him. Lagos crosses the ethnic boundary, so no need to bring that jargon in here. We are trying to focus on facts here, not the usual "BABA ke" that we hear from touts in lagos who are willing to kiss arse even when their is no logical reason to.
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by hooged: 12:27am On Aug 15, 2009
I foresee fashola rulling dis country in nearest future. Spoken well?
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by babapupa: 12:39am On Aug 15, 2009
Kobojunkie-

Haba!! My post wasn't meant for you and I didn't quote you.

Abi na guilty conscience?

grin grin
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by Kobojunkie: 12:52am On Aug 15, 2009
It is not guilty conscience. I am just saying we ought not to turn this into one of those ridiculous threads on here and focus on the facts. I was in the same state when Marwa was there full time. I only became part time when Tinubu took office and I can tell you for a fact that all the changes marwa brought went away within Tinubu's 8 years as governor and we are talking of seriously welcome changes. I mean Ikorodu road went from single lane road to double lane each way. It was awesome. But then I noticed how each time I went back, it seemed things looked worse by the month and even year. There used to be this huge space between homes/schools facing Lagos road. During Tinubu's time, all those but disappeared. We are talking huge areas that kids used to play soccer and run around on. Pedestrians used to walk freely too. All that disappeared during Tinubu's 8 years. That is what Fashola is now working on reversing. The roads were allowed to decay, brand new constructions during Marwa's time, allowed to decay with no repair.
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by babapupa: 1:06am On Aug 15, 2009
Kobojunkie-

I agree with you and I think we're on the same page. Unfortunately, we have people like ikeyman00 running around spiting the same hate and tribal nonsense in every thread regardless the subject matter.

ikeyman00
oduduwa with the

trait Lips sealed

feel free to quote me
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by leeland(m): 8:42am On Aug 15, 2009
Gudday all,if u guys were in their shoes,would u av done better.Asiwaju tried and Gov. Fash is trying too,Its nt easy to clean up a decayed state in a short while.Please let us not condemn anybody,u cant compare the duo to any governor in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.Please remember Lagos has no oil like the oil producing state,but what has become of the oil producing states.
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by lonewolf: 9:22am On Aug 15, 2009
desgiezd:

I really can not understand why there is so much hatred for Tinubu. We all know that infrastructural decay in Lagos has been there for quite a long time. Tinubu tried his best and he achieved a lot. A visit to the whole of Isale Eko including the Central Business District and many other parts of Lagos will convince you. While he was doing his bit, he was also laying the foundation upon which Fashola is building today.

See the nonsense that this one is saying. Regardless of how horrible things are, you will still see a bunch of people who would be willing to accept it, smfh
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by desgiezd(m): 9:46am On Aug 15, 2009
lonewolf:

See the nonsense that this one is saying. Regardless of how horrible things are, you will still see a bunch of people who would be willing to accept it, smfh

I wont join issues with you because it would be a terrible waste of time and effort!!
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by ikeyman00(m): 9:56am On Aug 15, 2009
babapupa
I agree with you and I think we're on the same page. Unfortunately, we have people like ikeyman00 running around spiting the same hate and tribal nonsense in every thread regardless the subject matter.

u sound like a slowpoke?

ikeyman wetin, u never see ikeyman critizing the stupid and foolish igbo

but whenever the table turns on the yoruba, ahah they will be the fisrt to cry eyaooo tribalism

there are lots and lots of igbos doin just as bad !! wetin hmm cool

now question

didi obj not made way for Yaramugu?

opps cuz he is doing badly u could have imagine what the oduduwa praise singers will be
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by ikeyman00(m): 9:59am On Aug 15, 2009
bentley
Politicians are the same.

see the site of Otedola,

dnt msitaken naija with bentley biko plz. fashola,duke pat utumo etc score 5.6/10 in comparism with obj 3/10 over 8 yrs
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 15, 2009
Its good to know that most Nigerians think a Governor is doing well and I hope Fashola keeps it up

But while we live in this frenzy, we must realise that Fashola was Tinubu's Chief of Staff, and whatever were Tinubu's successes or failures, Fashola agreed with it.

Fashola might be doing well now but to compare his Government with that of Tinubu makes no sense because he was part of both.
While we celebrate any successes or improvements, to isolate him from the failures of the past will be wrong.

By the way he is only 2 years in office, we get to hear other views when they leave office. I think in 2001 most of us had nice words to say about Tinubu.
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by ikeyman00(m): 10:52am On Aug 15, 2009
Its good to know that most Nigerians think a Governor is doing well and I hope Fashola keeps it up

But while we live in this frenzy, we must realise that Fashola was Tinubu's Chief of Staff, and whatever were Tinubu's successes or failures, Fashola agreed with it.

Fashola might be doing well now but to compare his Government with that of Tinubu makes no sense because he was part of both.
While we celebrate any successes or improvements, to isolate him from the failures of the past will be wrong.

By the way he is only 2 years in office, we get to hear other views when they leave office. I think in 2001 most of us had nice words to say about Tinubu.
some of us, not too sure about that

but in naija expect the unexpectable

afterall Peter Mandingson was called back by Labour; Gordon brown

we cant be fooled

Tinubu is a criminal

i think
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by illusion2: 10:58am On Aug 15, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Roflmao!!! And they tell you that NO OTHER governor in the world is able to battle opposition while it still is faced with doing it’s job? COME ON!! STOP with the excuses people.
koboko,I appreciate your seemingly genuine interest in politics(rare for a female),however u must realise WE are on ground. This distinction is important to clearly differentiate from getting the news via 3rd parties(for pple like u based abroad) & LIVING the news(based in Lagos),some other person highlighted Tinubu's physical achievements above-Oregun road,BRT etc,however his greatest achievement was the LCDAs 7 battling OBJ,PDP singlehandedly! if u think this is a mean feat,ask all SW AD govs osoba & co,Alams in bayelsa,Dariye-Plateau,Orji-Abia, and a host of others. OBJ is a soja,he strongly believed in loyalty,in essence once u disagreed with him on any issue,he would bring u down ! The man controlled police,EFCC,ICPC,Army, so don't tell me tinubu's achievement was a mean feat. Do you know he wasn't allowed to repair 'federal roads' e.g Apapa-Oshodi,Ogunlewe even created 'federal LASTMA' in Lagos !!! So don't comment on what you may have limited info about.
Kobojunkie:

I bet you people will be offering the above sort of excuses when Yar adua is out of office.
I find this statement very wrong indeed. Me illusion2 give excuse for Yar’Adull  undecided undecided
IMPOSSIBLE. Like I said ,I’m ON GROUND I’ll give honour to whom its due,not make excuses. Nigeria’s a difficult place,u can’t satisfy everybody,but Tinubu is a great person (not perfect)when it comes to politics & more importantly-he gave us Fashola !!!
smiley smiley
ikeyman00:

some of us, not too sure about that

but in naija expect the unexpectable

afterall Peter Mandingson was called back by Labour; Gordon brown

we cant be fooled

Tinubu is a criminal

i think
By the way
illusion2:

Ikeymann is a short stout boy with absolutely no brains grin grin grin grin

A disgrace to Ndigbo ! tongue
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by vigasimple(m): 11:35am On Aug 15, 2009
Illussion2 and Mikeansy has made very meaningful posts above, and we should look at issues from a constructive criticism point of view.

Whatever the failing and/or shortcomings of TINUBU, his success is, his successor FASHOLA.

BRF is a 'trainee' of TINUBU, spent 8 years as his Chief of Staff. BRF was therefore able to learn the good and see the bad, and improve on them.

If OBJ successor, YAR A'CLUELESS has been 25% success like BRF, we will be rejoicing in this country. TINUBU may have choose to do what OBJ did and 'select' A DO NOTHING PERSON LIKE YAR A'DULL and for us to look back and consider the previous administration excellent. But he decided to have quality, and the people are now the beneficiary.

A successor in a good system usually do better that his predecessor (EXCEPT OF COURSE IT IS NIGERIA) - they call it NIGERIA FACTOR

To me personally, whatever may be the failures of TINUBU  has been well compensated by the good job of his successor BRF, so the people of Lagos state has gain more than lost, that cannot be said of Nigerians.

SUCCEESION IS ONE MAJOR AREA OBJ FAILED APART FROM HIS INABILITY TO FIX ELECTRICITY.
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 15, 2009
Nigerians should for once learn to call a spade a spade; Tinubu was/is a rogue. Period!
And the difference between him and fashola is alarming.
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by ikeyman00(m): 1:41pm On Aug 15, 2009
illusion

u are slowpoke

simple thing
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by ikeyman00(m): 1:52pm On Aug 15, 2009
vigasimple
Illussion2 and Mikeansy has made very meaningful posts above, and we should look at issues from a constructive criticism point of view.

Whatever the failing and/or shortcomings of TINUBU, his success is, his successor FASHOLA.

BRF is a 'trainee' of TINUBU, spent 8 years as his Chief of Staff. BRF was therefore able to learn the good and see the bad, and improve on them.

If OBJ successor, YAR A'CLUELESS has been 25% success like BRF, we will be rejoicing in this country. TINUBU may have choose to do what OBJ did and 'select' A DO NOTHING PERSON LIKE YAR A'DULL and for us to look back and consider the previous administration excellent. But he decided to have quality, and the people are now the beneficiary.

A successor in a good system usually do better that his predecessor (EXCEPT OF COURSE IT IS NIGERIA) - they call it NIGERIA FACTOR

To me personally, whatever may be the failures of TINUBU has been well compensated by the good job of his successor BRF, so the people of Lagos state has gain more than lost, that cannot be said of Nigerians

[size=21pt]fraud![/size] lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by ikeyman00(m): 1:52pm On Aug 15, 2009
nonesens as well!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money / Cattle Colony: We Will Challenge In Court If Need Be. Kogi East Stakeholders / Muhammadu Inuwa Yahaya Gets Surprise Birthday Treat At SEC Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.