Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,527 members, 7,905,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 02:28 AM

The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola (11033 Views)

Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed / Why The Marriage Between Bola Tinubu & GMB Is Falling Apart -Musa Abdullahi / Buhari With Babagida, Tinubu, And Obasanjo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by Kobojunkie: 3:05pm On Aug 15, 2009
@VigaSimple, Not from you too!! Accusing Tinubu of Election Fraud and then telling us he did well because he gave us Fashola as a result, actually makes this worse. Tinubu is his own man. Whenever he is called to speak of his time in office, he will be called as Tinubu, not as Tinubu Fashola. Same applies to Fashola., Yar Adua, Obasanjo, no matter what issues some of us seem to have with dealing with these individuals as they are.

Tinubu was a failure. Regardless of who came after him ( I still do not understand why you feel telling us that Tinubu IMPOSED Fashola on us through Fraudulent means is good news for us). In a democracy, successors have to actually win the people's vote in order to continue. Whether Tinubu decided to support a Fashola election or not, is not the problem and is not the question. The fact is Tinubu was a bad governor. Fashola is better. They are two different people, with two different dicks and brains to boot.    Just cause Fashola worked under Tinubu does not make him Tinubu's boy. Knowing what you know of Nigeria, you ought to have figured by now that Fashola may have felt that was the way he could get himself to where he is now. And he willingly accepted to serve under an incompetent man with good ideas on paper who never seemed to get around actually implementing those ideas.

Someone mentioned earlier of Tinubu sending people out to get trained to do state work for all that 8 years. How come Fashola came in and instead went for NEW MINDS/NEW Blood to help him do the job instead? Most of the companies working on the contracts are foreign and most of the managers are not former state officials.

During the same 8 years Tinubu was busy sitting on his arse in Lagos, Yar Adua was doing exactly the same in Katsina. Do we then excuse his ineptitude if it turns out the man who came after him actually does a better job?
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by babapupa: 4:18pm On Aug 15, 2009
u sound like a slowpoke?
ikeyman00

ikeyman wetin, u never see ikeyman critizing the stupid and foolish igbo

but whenever the table turns on the yoruba, ahah they will be the fisrt to cry eyaooo tribalism

there are lots and lots of igbos doin just as bad !! wetin hmm Cool

now question

didi obj not made way for Yaramugu?

opps cuz he is doing badly u could have imagine what the oduduwa praise singers will be

Like I said, some people on NL don't give a shit about anything lagos or yoruba, they reason off hate and tribal sentiments, this is their state of mind and make up.

Their minds are polluted, filled with hate and prejudice, and jokes aside, I do feel sorry for them because they get fed with anti yoruba BS from birth and they carry that burden and monkey on their backs generations after generations.

And you are one of them.
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by ikeyman00(m): 7:11pm On Aug 15, 2009
Like I said, some people on NL don't give a shit about anything lagos or yoruba, they reason off hate and tribal sentiments, this is their state of mind and make up.

Their minds are polluted, filled with hate and prejudice, and jokes aside, I do feel sorry for them because they get fed with anti yoruba BS from birth and they carry that burden and monkey on their backs generations after generations.

And you are one of them.

jazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!! nonesense

u see what a fool and a tribalistic fool like u love to claim which is definately one of the trait lipsrsealed is some of yall love to claim they built lagos lipsrsealed fine nigerians abroad till today are still proud of lagos should u dnt know wherever u come from cool

even the igbos contributed massively in lagos buildin even more than your oduduwa? cool to be honest the yorubas will be the first to cry tribalism even when that facts are there

so what a hell are u talkin about; nl has been out since 2005 and u think u can come in and decieve the real people along with u?

hit the wall; u must be joking
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by magragold(m): 8:03pm On Aug 15, 2009
Tinubu wasted 8yrs of the life of Lagos, playing politics!

No wonder the rumour mill has it that he is trying to prop up the Speaker of the House of Assembly for 2011, since JUST 2 YEARS OF EKO NI BA JE has rubbished his 8yrs of ineptitude, corruption and loss of ideas! cool
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by babapupa: 9:22pm On Aug 15, 2009
jazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!! nonesense

u see what a fool and a tribalistic fool like u love to claim which is definately one of the trait Lips sealed is some of yall love to claim they built lagos Lips sealed fine nigerians abroad till today are still proud of lagos should u dnt know wherever u come from Cool

even the igbos contributed massively in lagos buildin even more than your oduduwa? Cool to be honest the yorubas will be the first to cry tribalism even when that facts are there

so what a hell are u talkin about; nl has been out since 2005 and u think u can come in and decieve the real people along with u?

hit the wall; u must be joking

Again, you are one of them and I stand by every word.

Repeating the same Oduduwa this Oduduwa that garbage in nearly all your posts only amplifies your lousy shallowness, insecurities and low self esteem as a man.

Grow up man.
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by akigbemaru: 9:29pm On Aug 15, 2009
ikeyman00:

even the igbos contributed massively in lagos buildin even more than your oduduwa? cool to be honest the yorubas will be the first to cry tribalism even when that facts are there

Ikeyman000,

I told you not to constitute nuisance on this forum anymore. Yorubas single-handed built 90% of what is Lagos told.
Even when Arabs and Islamic Fulanis wanted to spread their (peaceful religion), they said they wanted to take it down to the sea. Ha ha ha, they wanted to use their swords to touch the FACE of our Ogun shrine in Lagos. When our warriors heard that, they peeled their caps off at Ogbomosho and they ran back hesters-skettered.

Yoruba says  "you look your house before you Christine your children" that tells you that you build your Eastern region before talking of helping us.
Western region started ahead of South Korea, but today South Korea nominal GDP is $1.6 trillion dollars and PPP is $2 trillion dollars. Its population is just 48 million people and had landmass of 100,000 km -- just half of the whole Western region.

I told you, Igbos in Lagos are just like Hispanics in America. They are not about the progress of Lagos, they just want to make money and send it back to East. During census, they will never put their names down as lagos residents, always feel reluctant for sanitation, had 99% of illegal deals and 92% of all armed robbery scenes.
We use the slogan of “Eko o ni ja oo” and you use the slogan of Nigeria is a failed state or it’s a rotten jungle. If I am lying you can check it on YOUTUBE.
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by msaalli(m): 9:58pm On Aug 15, 2009
I don't agree Tinubu's tenure was a failure, he more like laid the grounds for the monumental achievements being done by Fashola today, do you really believe a Fashola could perform so excellently well without the stable financial state of Lagos that he finds himself governing ordo we really believe that he thought out and performed the studies on the BRT, ferry services, light rail services and many others like the 10-lane Badagry Expressway? Those kind of things are not things you plan and execute overnight so I believe we should be celebrating continuity of excellence and purposeful governance instead of pillorising Tinubu.

A quick google search would show you a big difference in the financial state of Lagos pre-1999 and post-1999, not to forget he was having to fund the LCDAs and LGs wothout allocation from the federation account due to a certain OBJ, problems whic Fashola does not have to contend with so please let us think deeply before criticising.

Lastly, only a fool would not pray for his successor to surpass him in similar fashion to which we all pray to surpass our parents and have our own kids surpass us in their own time.
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by ikeyman00(m): 11:17pm On Aug 15, 2009
Again, you are one of them and I stand by every word.

Repeating the same Oduduwa this Oduduwa that garbage in nearly all your posts only amplifies your lousy shallowness, insecurities and low self esteem as a man.

Grow up man.

good stuff!!
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by ikeyman00(m): 11:20pm On Aug 15, 2009
akigbe

Ikeyman000,
I told you not to constitute nuisance on this forum anymore. Yorubas single-handed built 90% of what is Lagos told.
Even when Arabs and Islamic Fulanis wanted to spread their (peaceful religion), they said they wanted to take it down to the sea. Ha ha ha, they wanted to use their swords to touch the FACE of our Ogun shrine in Lagos. When our warriors heard that, they peeled their caps off at Ogbomosho and they ran back hesters-skettered.

if u are talkin about ur osun village, hmm no wahala but maybe u hit ur head against the wall
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by C2H5OH(f): 11:20pm On Aug 15, 2009
Fashola is heads and shoulders the superior governor.  He has done better than Tinubu in a shorter span.
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by ikeyman00(m): 11:21pm On Aug 15, 2009
akigbe
Yoruba says  "you look your house before you Christine your children" that tells you that you build your Eastern region before talking of helping us.
Western region started ahead of South Korea, but today South Korea nominal GDP is $1.6 trillion dollars and PPP is $2 trillion dollars. Its population is just 48 million people and had landmass of 100,000 km -- just half of the whole Western region.

I told you, Igbos in Lagos are just like Hispanics in America. They are not about the progress of Lagos, they just want to make money and send it back to East. During census, they will never put their names down as lagos residents, always feel reluctant for sanitation, had 99% of illegal deals and 92% of all armed robbery scenes.
We use the slogan of “Eko o ni ja oo” and you use the slogan of Nigeria is a failed state or it’s a rotten jungle. If I am lying you can check it on YOUTUBE.

ikeyman hmm lipsrsealed

nigerians take a look!!

Obama oya YES WE CAN

he no de lie oo; check u-tube

i never pain then , this na begining
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by C2H5OH(f): 11:24pm On Aug 15, 2009
Lol all this tribal hate-mongering
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by ikeyman00(m): 11:30pm On Aug 15, 2009
c2h
Lol all this tribal hate-mongering

yes u are right!! many many lipsrsealed

but here ikeyman speak raw!!

C2H5OH

Fashola is heads and shoulders the superior governor. He has done better than Tinubu in a shorter span.

do u know half the people here find it really hard to accept the truth!! celebrating rogues, they will argue day and night that Tinubu made way for Fash, but what they dnt know Tinubu never gurantine suscess in Lagos

the same OBj handed over to the most unfit slowpoke on planet, u could have imagine what the praise singers could have been!! we arent stupid ooo.

some people need to grow their asses up

nawoh
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by ikeyman00(m): 11:32pm On Aug 15, 2009
and by the Lagos na no man land

gbam!!

the igbos are wonderin, how could everybody come from Lagos?

talk about ur state naw shocked

nawoh
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by ikeyman00(m): 11:33pm On Aug 15, 2009
akigbemaro

i like this man
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by akigbemaru: 12:07am On Aug 16, 2009

Igbos built lagos and contributed most to lagos than Yorubas

Hmmmm, I heard you, but let me give you this statistics that Yoruba introduced almost everything that makes Nigeria what it's today.

Ikeyman00 or irkman or irateman

I told you, don’t be coming online if you don’t anything contribute other than to digress this forum with hates and expletives.
If there is any tribe that has ever been benefiting from Yoruba people, I would say Igbo people.
From the Adam, you and I know that Yoruba people have been the pacesetter for Nigeria from the Adam.
Let’s put aside which region first built (since everyone of you knows that Yoruba of Western region did all these aforementioned things before you). Let’s talk about politics which we (Yorubas) first to participate before other regions. wink wink wink
1) The first storey building
2) The first 25 storey building in the whole Africa
3) The first primary school
4) The first secondary school
5) The first college school
6) The first tertiary school
7) The first stadium in the whole Africa
cool The first to drive car
9) The Radio and TV stations
10) The first print press
11) The first to travel abroad
12) The first Lawyer, accountant and Engineer to graduate from any Queen’s institutions

[color=#006600]Let’s get back to politics, if we want to go by who has aspiration to dominate this country’s politics. I would single-handedly pick Yoruba Tribe. We started this politics against hegemonius British power, but today we only had 35 representatives out of more than 215 that govern Nigeria. Federal character and quota system have caused a great brain-drain in Yorubaland.[/color]
Check the facts:
The first political party ever in Nigeria, and by who?
1) Herbert Macaulay, (The first Nigerian civil engineer) he founded the Nigerian National Democratic Party (NNDP), the first Nigerian political party. The party won all the seats in the elections of 1923, 1928 and 1933. The link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Macaulay
2) Igbo people never had any political party till 1999, when they had APGA. Everyone of them grew around party called NCNC (National Council of Nigeria and the Cameroons), but never knew the history of the party and they even boosted that the party NCNC won 16 seats in Western Region ahead of AG. He founded (NCNC) in 1944 at the age of 79 and due to his old age he could continue and picked Nnamdi Azikwu as his successor. grin grin grin grin

Ask me why he created this second party? Because another opposition party which was predominantly Yoruba youth, National Youth Movement (NYM) overtook it in elections in 1938.

You and I know that just these three men, Herbert Macauley (son), Herbert Macauley senior and Bichop Samuel Ajayi Crowther (grandfather). These three men achieved over 500 feats never witnessed in Nigeria or Africa before.
Little of their numerous achievements:
Bichop Samuel Ajayi Crowther:
a) was the first African Bichop,
b) he helped codified Igbo language,
c) he took the first ever Christian religious body to Igboland; the CMS (Church Missionary Society) to Onitsha in 1857

Herbert Macauley
a) Formed the first political party in the history of Nigeria in 1923.
b) The first Nigerian civil engineer
c) A founding father of Nigerian nationalism
d) The Gandhi of British West Africa.
Herbert Macauley’s father (who was son of Samuel Ajayi Crowther)
a) Founded the first secondary school in the history of Nigeria
b) The first to setup charity organization recognized by outside world in Nigeria and e.t.c.
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by sosisi(f): 12:17am On Aug 16, 2009
akigbemaru:

wink
1) The first storey building  built by the colonial masters
2) The first 25 storey building in the whole Africa built by money from the Niger Delta
3) The first primary school built by the colonial masters
4) The first secondary school built by the colonial masters
5) The first college school built by the colonial masters
6) The first tertiary school built by the colonial masters7)
7) The first stadium in the whole Africa built by money from the Niger delta
cool The first to drive car built by the colonial masters
9) The Radio and TV stations built by the colonial masters/federal govt
10) The first print press built by Nigerdelta money
11) The first to travel abroad to the colonial masters  and sponsored by them
12) The first Lawyer, accountant and Engineer to graduate from any Queen’s institutions  on account of the colonial masters

Colonial masters must be geniuses
Thank God for the black gold of the nigerdelta lipsrsealed
What Oyo empire could not achieve in hundreds of years,they achieved for Oyo empire grin

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by akigbemaru: 1:14am On Aug 16, 2009
$osisi:

What Oyo empire could not achieve in hundreds of years,they achieved for Oyo empire grin

$osisi:

For real,
You know British has being in Igboland since 16 century and in North way before coming to Western region by 18 century. Why don’t you people take advantage of all that.
When they crossed to Western region saw Benin city and Ogbomosho level of development they were surprised.
My question is what has Igbos contributed to Nigeria? Don’t tell me “Palm Oyel” like Igbo people pronounced oil ooo.
Did you know that Hausa-land because of their vast land produced the largest palm produce in Nigeria according to British Statistics ooo.
By c.1870, palm oil constituted the primary export of some West African countries such as Ghana and Nigeria, although this was overtaken by cocoa in the 1880s.
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by C2H5OH(f): 1:16am On Aug 16, 2009
ikeyman00:

c2h
yes u are right!! many many lipsrsealed

but here ikeyman speak raw!!

C2H5OH
do u know half the people here find it really hard to accept the truth!! celebrating rogues, they will argue day and night that Tinubu made way for Fash, but what they dnt know Tinubu never gurantine suscess in Lagos

the same OBj handed over to the most unfit slowpoke on planet, u could have imagine what the praise singers could have been!! we arent stupid ooo.

some people need to grow their asses up

nawoh

ngwa ikeyman00 has spoken!
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by akigbemaru: 2:25am On Aug 16, 2009
ikeyman00:

and by the Lagos na no man land

gbam!!

the igbos are wonderin, how could everybody come from Lagos?

talk about ur state naw shocked

nawoh

The same way Igbo people claimed abroad that they were from Lagos; just because people of outside world didn't know that there are other states in Nigeria other than Lagos. Being a Yoruba state, we all Yorubas have that natural allegiance to keep Lagos great. That's why we say "Eko oni ba je ooo" then if you want it to spoil you shall live. cool cool cool cool
That's why you never heard from any Yoruba people telling you that he wants to destroy or bomb Lagos; like other people threatens to do.
I remembered the Bia-failed war, Igbo people brought their ignorance to Ore, that's why we peeled their caps off. You got spanked because you crossed the line.

yoruba doing Owanbe while igbos are buying all their land and talking over their business

When people of outside look through a mirror what is going on in Lagos, they conclude Nigerians are happy people because Yorubas' party.
When it comes to Nigeria issues, Igbo people will be the first people to call us Owanbe; but they could share the glory with us in diasporas.

Music is part of our culture that is why we single-handed created all the significant music in Nigeria
Afrobeat
Juju
Apala
Bolojo
Gospel music
Fuji
Afro juju
Even Kenny music created the awareness of Hip hop in Nigeria

Even the biggest black stars that make it out of Africa are Yorubas.
1) Seal (the most famous and richest African male solo singer).
2) Sade Adu (the most famous and richest African female solo singer).
3) Chammilonian (Akeem Seriki) Hip-hop money makers (the only African to make first fifteen list from 2006 to 2009).    http://3rdpoweroutlet./2008/08/23/forbes-hip-hop-top-money-maker-millionairs/  

If that not enough
All the afro Americans generate more than $2 billion dollars annually, just by exhibiting African Yoruba culture music.   tongue tongue tongue tongue

Even Eddie Murphy confessed about scene in Coming-To-America, where they had to use drums and dance to wake him up. That was derived from Sango concept, that's why Yoruba created talking drums to appease Sango. In THOSE days, before Sango even woke up, the drums must have started. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by Kobojunkie: 2:38am On Aug 16, 2009
Could you folks please carry your RACIST thnking elsewhere? This thread is clear in the question asked !!!! Don't you folks have better to do in your lives or something?
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by drn0(m): 5:13am On Aug 16, 2009
[b]Ain't gon accuse Tinubu 4 anytin but giv him thanks, Can't u guys c d difference btw John d Baptist & Jesus Christ? d got diff calling and roles. Tinubu could av picked any Idiot 2 continue wit mediocrity like wat happened at d fed level but he took his time to study his subjects, evaluated and tested them and he got a successor! In fact dats d ultimate worth of a good leader! Tinubu paved d way for Fashola! Do U think a farmer start reapin d day turned a farmer? NO!!! There had to b clearin, sowing, weedin, etc etc before d HARVEST!!!! WAT stress do U think Fashola went tru durin campaigne/electionairing? Little compared to wat Jimmy agbaje and co went tru cos Tinubu was d 1 doing dat 4 him. Tinubu is d Politician, Fashola is d Administrator!!! Fashola has d intellect, and he has been giving d enabling environment plus highly groomed already in d tinubu's govt. so he is bound to deliver even tho he still deserve our praises too cos he culd hav derailed but dat don't mean we shild cut off Tinubu's head, PLEASE[/b]
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by AjanleKoko: 7:20am On Aug 16, 2009
You guys seem to have forgotten that Fash is BAT's protege.
It's simply a case of the politician vs the bureaucrat.
Tinubu is a politician, while Fashola is an adminstrator.
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by informat09(m): 8:23am On Aug 16, 2009
fashola and tinubu make the perfect tag team, they shouldn't end their relationship,with the dirt politics practiced in nigeria, you need a thug like tinubu who can operate the murky dirty political waters.
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by ikeyman00(m): 3:48pm On Aug 16, 2009
kolo
Could you folks please carry your RACIST thnking elsewhere? This thread is clear in the question asked !!!! Don't you folks have better to do in your lives or something?

plz learn to speak aggressive truth

plz to ur man naw

akigbemaru

abi na trait?
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by ikeyman00(m): 3:51pm On Aug 16, 2009
nlders arent stupid

thanks

some people are losing sleep over me

inability to accept the truth

grin grin grin
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by Kobojunkie: 3:53pm On Aug 16, 2009
ikeyman00:

kolo
plz learn to speak aggressive truth

plz to ur man naw

akigbemaru

abi na trait?

abeg gerrout!!!
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by ikeyman00(m): 3:58pm On Aug 16, 2009
tibunu is a politician yea? what; u mean looter??

in what term can we terminologies a politician

ikeyman will say

looter-politician??

am i correct?
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by ikeyman00(m): 3:59pm On Aug 16, 2009
;d
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by quadrillio(m): 5:23pm On Aug 16, 2009
Bola Tinubu is a pure corrupt politicial, while fashola is a real Governor. period
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by Ofize: 5:59pm On Aug 16, 2009
@ hilli666, nice 1 p, i dey feel u
its like comparing death with sleep, for ladies, its like comparing absolute to mary kay, its like comparing bend down select shirt to TM lewin shirt, like comparin gon go to smarties, like comparinnokia 3310 to iphone, lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha!!!! grin
Re: The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola by Hudin: 7:18pm On Aug 16, 2009
The greatest tragedy Lagos can suffer is for another self centered politician and ruin Fashola's hard work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Presides Over Federal Executive Council Meeting (Photos) / Nigeria Slightly Improves On Corruption Fight; Ranks 144th – Transparency Intern / Subsidy Removal: Abiodun Approves N10,000 For Workers, Pensioners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.