Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,826 members, 7,898,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 12:12 AM

Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. (4268 Views)

Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra / State By State Population Of Eligible Voters. / Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by DisGuy: 2:10pm On Aug 26, 2009
SeanT21:

A group of boys sleeping on the ground.

@ Topic

Where there are Opportunities, people will flock. I guess business in Lagos should expand to other states so the population can reduce.

You cant force business to go to other unattractive states, those state should provide security, funds, and infrastructure so businesses choked in Lagos can have alternatives

nobody wants to go to a seaport where their cargoes will be hijacked by pirates fighting for emancipation. . . .
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by naijaking1: 2:12pm On Aug 26, 2009
JamesG:

Quick answer - biafra does not exist! It is a concept.
Where's the question
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by asha80(m): 2:12pm On Aug 26, 2009
Dis Guy:

You cant force business to go to other unattractive states, those state should provide security, funds, and infrastructure so businesses choked in Lagos can have alternatives

nobody wants to go to a seaport where their cargoes will be hijacked by pirates fighting for emancipation. . . .

Only toddlers can make this statement.
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by JamesG: 2:34pm On Aug 26, 2009
naijaking1:

Where's the question
Biafra is the conceptual homeland for the Ibos, just like Isreal was pre 1947, for the Jews. So it is not surprising that they are in all the nooks and crannys, of other states.
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by naijaking1: 2:38pm On Aug 26, 2009
I don't know about your Israeli analogy, but Biafra included other non-Igbo speaking parts of eastern Nigeria.
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by Kobojunkie: 2:50pm On Aug 26, 2009
Definitely, Government cannot force businesses, but government can provide incentives to businesses to help move them to other places, or better yet, help start up other cities in that country. The situation does seem dire. We need to start by getting that buck head in aso rock and the rest of his gang out of that place.
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by DisGuy: 3:12pm On Aug 26, 2009
I think very soon PH will be a good alternative for business
If only the state government and reps of that region can gather enough support for
redevelopment of their seaports
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by Beaf: 3:19pm On Aug 26, 2009
Yes PH has good potential. So does Warri (already has a port) with its network of dredgable rivers, even Yenegoa can come in with a shout; perhaps the FG should start looking at the ND as business hubs, that should go a small distance toward creating satisfaction in those areas.
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by Yorubaman2: 3:45pm On Aug 26, 2009
Freaking illetrate ' 50% of the population of Lagos are ibo' you wish
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by Kobojunkie: 3:55pm On Aug 26, 2009
Even Abeokuta, right next door to Lagos has Potential. It all depends on the government, the people and their ability to move their economy in the right direction. We need to look back to the reason why people move to the cities in the first place.
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by Nchara: 4:22pm On Aug 26, 2009
Yoruba-man:

Freaking illetrate ' 50% of the population of Lagos are ibo' you wish

An illiterate is one who cannot write, in addition to not being able to read. Your wrong spelling of the word illiterate and the lack of any punctuation in your short sentence suggest you cannot write.  Should not that make you the illiterate here? grin grin grin grin
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by sjeezy8: 6:19pm On Aug 26, 2009
naijaking1:

An honest, and progressive federal government would provide evidence for 1,2,3; but since that's not forthcoming, just think for yourself then.
Why are the Igbos, the only tribe you would mostly find in every nook and cranny in Nigeria, and Africa in general?
Why do the Igbos record the highest number of secondary and post-secondary entrance applications?
Why are the Igbos usually the highest number to apply for any open position in Nigeria---both public and private.

If you don't know these answers, don't worry, because somebody in top echellons of government knows the answers, and that's why they don't want an honest and accurate census.

Don't forget that while politically manipulated census is one way of sharing the federal money, there are other methods of evaluating a people's population.

No need to argue with you
Why wouldn't igbos be all over Nigeria? there isn't anything in igboland worth outsiders investing in besides oil/gas and there is no need to live their. I know igbos that have oil in the EAST and live in the west.
How many university of quality are in the EAST? not many because they all go to school in the west.
When did igbos ever have the highest number of civil servants? No doubt igbos ambition is to make money in the private sector, but public is a plain outright lie.
Like i always said igbos are good economist but terrible civil servants and politicians PERIOD.

They are good at multiplying but lack ambition for change politically and socially. Many say they also lack in the ability to implement realistic change.
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by sjeezy8: 6:26pm On Aug 26, 2009
naijaking1:

I don't know about your Israeli analogy, but Biafra included other non-Igbo speaking parts of eastern Nigeria.

yea and ended up dragging them in a war that wasn't thought through. Now other non speaking igbo parts in the EAST, have that "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame one me" and they Refuse to enter biafra especially when they can have their own republic.
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by Nchara: 6:37pm On Aug 26, 2009
sjeezy8:

No need to argue with you
Why wouldn't igbos be all over Nigeria? there isn't anything in igboland worth outsiders investing in besides oil/gas and there is no need to live their. I know igbos that have oil in the EAST and live in the west.
How many university of quality are in the EAST? not many because they all go to school in the west.
When did igbos ever have the highest number of civil servants? No doubt igbos ambition is to make money in the private sector, but public is a plain outright lie.
Like i always said igbos are good economist but terrible civil servants and politicians PERIOD.

They are good at multiplying but lack ambition for change politically and socially. Many say they also lack in the ability to implement realistic change.

What do you mean there is nothing in the east? do you care to expanciate? The last census says eastern states have 16 million people (even though we know the census was not accurate, coupled with the very migratory nature of Igbos) and yet you say nobody lives there. Are those 16 m ghosts? Have you been to the east before? You need to visit Anambra and Abia and you will be surprise at the huge clusters of medium and small scale industries there. The productive activities in Abia, Anambra and Enugu, if analysed, may surpass all that take place in the SW minus Lagos. Most of the oil in th east are even untapped at this time. I will give you a brief overview of some Igbo cities.
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by Nchara: 6:42pm On Aug 26, 2009
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aba,_Nigeria
Economy

Aba is a commercial city of international repute featuring a high concentration of small scale industries — and a number of sizable markets including the famous Ariaria market. It is very densely populated and has a high ratio of artisans in its population. Aba is nicknamed "Enyimba City" which means Elephant city. Administratively,the city falls into two local government areas namely:Aba North and Aba South.Aba North has its headquarters at Eziukwu-Aba,while Aba South has its headquarters at Aba Town Hall. Aba business men and women are very industrious and pride themselves as the Taiwan of Africa. Indigenous industrialists manufacture the following without government assistance: shoes, clothing, hand bags, paper, nail and steel, furniture household items, luggages, building materials, soft-drinks(soda), etc. Dominating this commercial city are the Abiriba people who introduced importation and helped made Aba an international city that it is. With all the commercial success of Aba city, it could definitely rival the great China, Singapore and many other emerging markets if the federal government will be kind enough to declare the city A Free Trade and support its export initiatives and budding industries with petrol dollars.
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by Nchara: 6:45pm On Aug 26, 2009
Infrastructure and economy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nnewi
The ancient city of Nnewi hosts a number of institutions and places of learing and healing, which include Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital (NAUTH), Marie Regina Secondary School, Nnewi High School, Ichi Technical School( Ichi Cummunity), Okongwu boys, Ichi Girls,Akoboezemu Community Secondary School and a number of international agencies. As a fast developing city and a major industrial and commercial hub in Africa, Nnewi experiences voluminous financial activities, therefore hosts major banks, and other financial institutions. Industries are dotted around the city and adjoining towns. Palm oil, cosmetics, motor, and motorcycle spare parts, books, and stationeries, textiles, electric cables, and so on are produced in commercial quantity in the area. As a result, Nnewi is commonly refers to as the " Japan of Africa".

It’s main trading centers include, Nkwo Nnewi market (the largest spare parts market in west Africa} and Nwafor market, Eke Ichi Market, Orie otube Market, etc.
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by Nchara: 6:48pm On Aug 26, 2009
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enugu
Enugu, Capital of Enugu state
Nicknamed "the Coal City" in the early 1900s, Enugu became a major center for the mining of the coal discovered by Albert Ernest Kitson in the Udi plateau [1]. The Nigerian Coal Corporation has been based in Enugu since its creation in 1950. The Biafran war brought widespread devastation that forced a decline in coal production from damage or destruction of equipment. As of 2007[update], although coal mining is no longer the major source of income, very small quantities are transported south by rail to Port Harcourt for export.

The city's economy has diversified in recent[when?] years and is largely dominated by trading, commerce, and small-scale industry.

Many of the people of Enugu sell goods at roadside or in one of many of Enugu's open markets. Some of the more popular markets in Enugu are Ogbete Market, Artisan Market, and New Market. The markets sell local foods, produce, clothing, and fabrics, as well as handmade crafts and jewelry.

[edit] Transport
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by Nchara: 6:52pm On Aug 26, 2009
Of course, Onitsha is well known as a commercial city with the biggest markets in West Africa
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by blackspade(m): 7:11pm On Aug 26, 2009
Igbos control a lot of wealth in Lagos, and plus Igbos multiply faster than Yoruba, so I can believe that 50% statistic.
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by sjeezy8: 7:15pm On Aug 26, 2009
blackspade:

Igbos control a lot of wealth in Lagos, and plus Igbos multiply faster than Yoruba, so I can believe that 50% statistic.

Have you lived in LAGOS?

And how is that possible that igbo multiply fast then yorubas? is it not igbo that complain of yoruba polygamy or what?
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by blackspade(m): 7:25pm On Aug 26, 2009
I'm a Lagosian from birth (moved to the states at 10), but my folks hail from Rivers state (dad Igbo, mom mixed with a lot of other stuff). I have family everywhere in Lagos and none of them have less than 6 children.

Infant mortality rates amongst Yorubas is much higher than it is with Igbos in Lagos.

Wealth provides you with better health care, more food for the little ones, and better education. Polygamy produces a lot of kids, but how many out of the lot live past the age of 5??

Anyways, lets not turn this into a discussion about Igbo this and Igbo that (what's with the obsession?), this thread is about the failures of government. Lets keep it that way.
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by blackspade(m): 7:47pm On Aug 26, 2009
dp
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by Hauwa1: 7:59pm On Aug 26, 2009
cry embarassed
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by sjeezy8: 8:08pm On Aug 26, 2009
blackspade:

I'm a Lagosian from birth (moved to the states at 10), but my folks hail from Rivers state (dad Igbo, mom mixed with a lot of other stuff). I have family everywhere in Lagos and none of them have less than 6 children.

Infant mortality rates amongst Yorubas is much higher than it is with Igbos in Lagos.

Wealth provides you with better health care, more food for the little ones, and better education. Polygamy produces a lot of kids, but how many out of the lot live past the age of 5??

Anyways, lets not turn this into a discussion about Igbo this and Igbo that (what's with the obsession?), this thread is about the failures of government. Lets keep it that way.

Bbout infant mortality rate- a higher rate doesn't equal less population
Ex -Indias infant mortality rate is way higher than the US but india still has a bigger population.

Yea i always said its not about tribe Bialegend made it about igbos in Lagos. If you look at my previous post it said nothing about igbo until i seen you and Bialengends ridiculous posts
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by blackspade(m): 8:14pm On Aug 26, 2009
Okay.
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by honeric01(m): 9:13pm On Aug 26, 2009
So what? its good to be fruitful and multiply.

As long as the economy is multiplying too, who cares?
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by Kobojunkie: 9:38pm On Aug 26, 2009
Who cares? WOW!!! I can't believe A CONCERNED CITIZEN typed that one!
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by illusion2: 11:16pm On Aug 26, 2009
Beaf:

The ND feeds Lagos state, just like any other part of Nigeria. You are the one mentioning "tribe" here. Is the ND not feeding Lagos state? Can Lagos state feed itself, why are you running from the truth and reality?
Have you cautioned those who are talking about how Lagos needs its taxes and the FG should pitch in even more oil money to help?
this is where people need to open their minds. . . the way lagos is going,the internally generated revenue will surpass the monthly allocation,so stop deceiving urself. Its the states that have no economic activity that rely on the 'Niger Delta'. All over the world oil producing countries are diversifying their economy at a very fast pace-Dubai,qatar etc,so if u feel lagos will collapse once the oil dries up u have another thing coming. This is not Borno or Zamfara.

Even kano can survive w/out monthly allocation,if they can rein in on fudamentalists and erase corruption in the name of Sharia. I repeat ECONOMIC ACTIVITY drives an economy ,not necessarily natural resources. If u're from ND ,pls tell your governors to wake up to this fact.

I live you with Federal monthly allocation for July 2009

U'll see total allocation to Lagos('Niger Delta Money' +VAT) is[b] N5 Billion[/b]

Internally generated Rev is reported to have hit [url=http://leadershipnigeria.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1312:lagos-internally-generated-revenue-hits-n14bn&catid=18:business-news&Itemid=77[/b]] 14 billion[/url]

So the earlier u wake up from your illusions the better
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by IKEYMAN1: 11:54pm On Aug 26, 2009
so much trait in this thread

yes ahah quote me!!

im all in your face!

hmmm welcome with open arm yea? lipsrsealed

cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by illusion2: 11:58pm On Aug 26, 2009
IKEYMAN!!!:

yes ahah quote me!!

im all in your face!

cool cool cool cool cool
undecided undecided
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by IKEYMAN1: 12:12am On Aug 27, 2009
yes!!!
Re: Must Watch Video About Lagos State Population. by illusion2: 12:18am On Aug 27, 2009
Please translate what u mean

IKEYMAN!!!:

yes ahah quote me!!

im all in your face!

cool cool cool cool cool

in any Nigerian language if u have problems with english.

Thanks wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Popular Yoruba Actor, Lekan Lekinson Dies / Really, How Far Behind India Is Nigeria? / The Reasons Haters Hate President Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.