Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,125 members, 7,896,813 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 10:22 PM

4 Reasons You Should Be Glad You Just Got Friendzoned - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 4 Reasons You Should Be Glad You Just Got Friendzoned (1445 Views)

4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex / 13 Pictures 'friendzoned Victims' Can Relate To (pics) / I'm In Love With Him But He Friendzoned Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Reasons You Should Be Glad You Just Got Friendzoned by TheDavidAbraham(m): 12:45am On May 13, 2016
Okay, I’m pretty sure you’re giving this post a pretty weird look like, “did I just read right”? You did. I really do think you should be glad if you just got friendzoned. For the avoidance of doubt, yes we are talking about the same friendzone where you get a front row ticket to see the love of your life, devote herself and her love to another man while you wear the title, “brother”. a.k.a, “the handbag”.

Getting shut down hurts bro but this is no time for pity parties. While you are there acting depressed (don’t let me hear that you cried about it o), and day-dreaming about your crush having a dramatic change of heart, she is out there somewhere having the time of her life with some guy.

Most regular guys have been in the friendzone at some point or the other and trust me, no one enjoys it. But not enjoying an experience doesn’t mean you can’t or shouldn’t be thankful for having it. Many times, painful experiences bring growth, at least, if you’re wise enough to learn your lessons. Here are 4 reasons why I think having the door shut in your face is not so bad, after all:

#1. You are forced to face the truth

The reason you are so in love with that girl is, more or less, probably because you think she is so special that you can’t help but fawn over her, and you are convinced she is the one for you; the problem, though, is that no matter how many times she says she loves you, she is always going to add this caveat: “but not in that way” because you're not special to her in the same way.

Yes we like to tell ourselves that everyone is special in their own way (I wonder how one could be special in another person’s own way?), but if everyone is special then inherently, no one is naturally special. More likely, we are not all equivalently special.

If you accept this logic, which I think you should, then you should realize that people have individual traits, either natural or developed, that make them genuinely, or relatively special, and you have probably identified some such traits in your crush.

If she doesn’t reciprocate, then you need to ask yourself why? What is it that she sees or doesn’t see in you that makes her feel you are not special enough for her? If you can figure out your deficiencies, then you will be equipped with the tools you need to improve yourself.

#2. Value wins the race

You probably thought being a nice, sensitive, funny guy, and carrying her handbag all over the place would do the trick for you but you have just learnt from experience that it doesn’t work that way anywhere else but in your head.

Fortunately for you, you have also just had a practical lesson in marketing: you must create value in order to receive value. Success in business and marketing will be had by giving people exactly what they need, instead of forcing what you think you have to offer, down their throats. Thus, in your dealings with people, you must always ask yourself why exactly anyone would want to part with their measure of value (whether it be money or beauty or love), in exchange for yours.

At the heart of the matter, the question is, “what have you got to bring to the table?”. Whether you’re running a business, looking for a job or chasing a girl, keeping this in mind will help you plan appropriately.

#3. You’ll learn to make smarter choices

If she shuts you down, it means she was never right for you in the first place. An ancient proverb says, "the wise general knows that the battle is half-won by choosing the battlefield carefully". Similarly, you will need to choose your targets carefully.

This is another lesson you could use in other areas of your life, as you will continually need to set realistic, and achievable goals in business, leadership, and even academics.

#4. You’re learning about women

“Men are from mars, women are from Venus”

If you’re the average guy, you are probably going to have a lot of dealings with women throughout your life and you better learn how to relate with them early. If you haven’t had a lot of romantic experience, or very close sisters who had a lot of male attention, spending some time in the friendzone is one of the best ways to learn how things work on Venus. You’re going to learn what you did wrong, what other guys are doing right, and how best to relate with women.

With time, you will also learn from your experience in the friendzone that there is really no woman that is too special for you to walk away from if you have to. Right now, you’re probably thinking of that girl whose handbag you are (some offence intended), and getting ready to refute me; don’t even think it bro, or I will find you and slap you back to your default settings. :p Seriously.

Take it from me, though; with time, you’ll fall out of love and fall back in love with someone else who you’ll think is even more special, and then you’ll wonder what the fuss was all about. In essence, you should think of the friendzone as being a place where you could learn all these valuable lessons that will make you much better not only at dealing with women, but in other areas of life as well.

Just don’t spend too long in class bro.

http://davidabraham360..com/2016/05/4-reasons-you-should-be-glad-you-just.html

Re: 4 Reasons You Should Be Glad You Just Got Friendzoned by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 12:47am On May 13, 2016
hmmm, friendzone

singing, "i don't wanna go there"

"we should never go there" angry

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons You Should Be Glad You Just Got Friendzoned by TheDavidAbraham(m): 12:53am On May 13, 2016
EnigmaticEnigma:
hmmm, friendzone

wink you sound like you've already been there bro
Re: 4 Reasons You Should Be Glad You Just Got Friendzoned by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 12:58am On May 13, 2016
TheDavidAbraham:

wink you sound like you've already been there bro

yeah bro! I aint never going back there angry

the friendzone is a scary place to be embarassed

Re: 4 Reasons You Should Be Glad You Just Got Friendzoned by TheDavidAbraham(m): 1:02am On May 13, 2016
EnigmaticEnigma:

yeah bro! I aint never going back there angry

the friendzone is a scary place to be embarassed

Loool... u are clearly traumatized. Further proof that Nigerian girls can be wicked

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons You Should Be Glad You Just Got Friendzoned by DharmyYinks: 1:07am On May 13, 2016
Your intro is lengthy same as your explanation but the worst are your points. Not as cogent as they should be.

All in all nice one!
Re: 4 Reasons You Should Be Glad You Just Got Friendzoned by TheDavidAbraham(m): 1:21am On May 13, 2016
DharmyYinks:
Your intro is lengthy same as your explanation but the worst are your points. Not as cogent as they should be.

All in all nice one!

Thanks for weighing in. Your opinion is valued. I kinda disagree with you on the issue of how cogent the points i've made are. Care to share more light on your reservations?
Re: 4 Reasons You Should Be Glad You Just Got Friendzoned by finalboss(m): 1:23am On May 13, 2016
hmnm friend zone.. not a good place to be
Re: 4 Reasons You Should Be Glad You Just Got Friendzoned by TheDavidAbraham(m): 1:26am On May 13, 2016
finalboss:
hmnm friend zone..
not a good place to be

boss you sef dey fear d friendzone? a whole boss like you? tongue
Re: 4 Reasons You Should Be Glad You Just Got Friendzoned by Nobody: 1:38am On May 13, 2016
embarassed

Re: 4 Reasons You Should Be Glad You Just Got Friendzoned by Nobody: 1:39am On May 13, 2016
EnigmaticEnigma:
hmmm, friendzone
Lol

Loler

Lolest! cheesy
Re: 4 Reasons You Should Be Glad You Just Got Friendzoned by Nobody: 1:44am On May 13, 2016
In kevin hart's voice: "Neegi aint nobody going into tha şhithole".. I tell you, its the most darnest place to be, its Godforsaken, barren, and scary! angry
Re: 4 Reasons You Should Be Glad You Just Got Friendzoned by DharmyYinks: 1:45am On May 13, 2016
TheDavidAbraham:

Thanks for weighing in. Your opinion is valued. I kinda disagree with you on the issue of how cogent the points i've made are. Care to share more light on your reservations?
Like I said your points are lengthy nd its boring reading through it.

The subject/caption are okay but the explanation buttressing them ain't got much power.

(1) (Reply)

Ah Wish There Was A Dislike Option.. / It’s Depressing….. But Nature Only Wants The Best Of Us / Who Can Remember This Type Of Love Letter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.