Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,084 members, 7,967,030 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 10:23 AM

My Book Of Quotes - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Book Of Quotes (41934 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oxford Dictionary Of Quotes! / Where Do I Get Oxford Dictionary Of Quotes? / Where Do I Get Oxford Dictionary Of Quotes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Book Of Quotes by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 18, 2010
The Power of Unkind Words:

"Every word that is not first bathed in thought becomes a stone tossed in our path." by Rudolph Steiner

"Better to stumble with the toe than with the tongue." - Swahili Proverb
Re: My Book Of Quotes by jamace(m): 2:47am On Jun 21, 2010
"Self-disciplined begins with the mastery of your thoughts. If you don't control what you think, you can't control what you do."

Napoleon Hill
(1883-1970)
Author of
Think and Grow Rich
Re: My Book Of Quotes by jamace(m): 11:20am On Jun 23, 2010
"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have."

Vince Lombardi
(1913 - 1970)
Head Coach of the Green Bay Packers
Re: My Book Of Quotes by jamace(m): 3:59pm On Jun 24, 2010
"One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself."

-- Lucille Ball, actress
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 24, 2010
"A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business." - Henry Ford

"When we can no longer change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves." - Viktor Frankl

"It is wise to keep in mind that neither success nor failure is ever final." - Roger Babson

Thirty years from now, it won’t matter what shoes you wore, how your hair looked, or the jeans you bought. What will matter is what you learned and how you used it.
Re: My Book Of Quotes by jamace(m): 9:50am On Jun 25, 2010
"The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power. "

-- Hugh White, senator
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 25, 2010
Trying to make someone fall in love with you is about as pointless as trying to control who you fall in love with
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 27, 2010
"The true definition of madness is repeating the same action, over and over, hoping for a different result." - Albert Einstein (LOL)

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

"Deal with the world the way it is, not the way you wish it was." - John Chambers
Re: My Book Of Quotes by jamace(m): 5:56pm On Jun 27, 2010
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."

Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)
American writer and activist
Re: My Book Of Quotes by jamace(m): 4:16pm On Jun 29, 2010
"Life just doesn't hand you things. You have to get out there and make things happen. That's the exciting part."

-- Emeril Lagasse, chef
Re: My Book Of Quotes by jamace(m): 5:52am On Jul 01, 2010
"If past history was all there was to the game, the richest people would be librarians."

Warren Buffett
(1930 - )
Investor, Businessman, and Philanthropist
Re: My Book Of Quotes by jamace(m): 12:13pm On Jul 02, 2010
"The successful man is the one who had the chance and took it."

-- Roger Babson, executive
Re: My Book Of Quotes by adebayo201: 12:04am On Jul 03, 2010
rokiatu:

Trying to make someone fall in love with you is about as pointless as trying to control who you fall in love with

SHAII i really miss u mummy!!! grin grin
Re: My Book Of Quotes by adebayo201: 12:10am On Jul 03, 2010
rokiatu:

"The true definition of madness is repeating the same action, over and over, hoping for a different result." - Albert Einstein (LOL)

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

"Deal with the world the way it is, not the way you wish it was." - John Chambers

Oh oh undecided undecided
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 03, 2010
adebayo201:

SHAII i really miss u mummy!!! grin grin
dude, you are alive? shocked shocked missed u too wink
Re: My Book Of Quotes by jamace(m): 11:56am On Jul 04, 2010
"All men who deliberate on controversial matters should do it free of hate, friendship, anger and pity."

-- Sallust, historian
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:50pm On Jul 04, 2010
[size=13pt]Live with no excuses and love with no regrets [/size]
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:53pm On Jul 04, 2010
[size=13pt]Never tell your problems to anyone, 20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them.[/size]
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:55pm On Jul 04, 2010
[size=13pt]When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.
[/size]
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:56pm On Jul 04, 2010
[size=13pt]In the eyes of evil, there is no evil. . . . it is just a misconception led by others wink[/size]
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 04, 2010
"We learn by doing." - Aristole

We are judged by what we finish, not by what we start

"Success or failure is caused more by mental attitude than by mental capacity." - Sir Walter Scott

"Hard work without talent is a shame, but talent without hard work is a tragedy." - Robert Half
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:16pm On Jul 04, 2010
[size=13pt]mmm. . . . Good one's . smiley smiley wink[/size]

rokiatu:

"We learn by doing." - Aristole

We are judged by what we finish, not by what we start

"Success or failure is caused more by mental attitude than by mental capacity." - Sir Walter Scott

"Hard work without talent is a shame, but talent without hard work is a tragedy." - Robert Half

Re: My Book Of Quotes by jamace(m): 3:53pm On Jul 06, 2010
"The smallest good act today is the capture of a strategic point from which, a few months later, you may be able to go on to victories you never dreamed of."

C.S. Lewis
(1898-1963)
Irish writer and scholar
Re: My Book Of Quotes by ceasyc(f): 10:58pm On Jul 06, 2010
winter spring summer or fall
all u have 2 do is call, and i'll be there yes i will
YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND
- Carole King

Through the good times and the bad ones
Whether I lose or if I win
I know one thing that never changes and
That's you as my best friend - Brandy
Re: My Book Of Quotes by ceasyc(f): 10:58pm On Jul 06, 2010
Keep smiling, keep shining,
Knowing you can always count on me,
for sure, that`s what friends are for.
For good times, and bad times,
I`ll be on your side forever more,
That`s what friends are for.
- Dionne Warwick
Re: My Book Of Quotes by adebayo201: 11:28am On Jul 07, 2010
A man reserves his true and deepest love not for the species of woman in whose company he finds himself electrified and enkindled, but for that one in whose company he may feel tenderly drowsy. angry

George Jean Nathan

A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears. cheesy

Woodrow Wyatt
Re: My Book Of Quotes by adebayo201: 11:38am On Jul 07, 2010
A kiss can be a comma, a question mark or an exclamation point. That's basic spelling that every woman ought to know. tongue

Mistinguett

A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous. grin wink cheesy

Ingrid Bergman

A kiss makes the heart young again and wipes out the years.
kiss shocked smiley

Rupert Brooke
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 07, 2010
f you go to the town without a gown you will not wear the crown , but have a frown, grin grin grin grin
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:32pm On Jul 07, 2010
[size=13pt]The key to change. . . . .is to let go of fear.[/size]
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:37pm On Jul 07, 2010
[size=13pt]Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending. . . be a part of the world changers today! wink[/size]
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:39pm On Jul 07, 2010
[size=13pt]Even though we've changed and we're all finding our own place in the world, we all know that when the tears fall or the smile spreads across our face, we'll come to each other because no matter where this crazy world takes us, nothing will ever change so much to the point where we're not all still friends.[/size]
Re: My Book Of Quotes by jamace(m): 6:18am On Jul 08, 2010
"Knowledge has to be improved, challenged and increased constantly, or it vanishes."

-- Peter Drucker, management expert

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (29) (Reply)

"No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / A Lonely Heart (A Story) / Where Is The Guy I Married?....... A Short Christian Romance Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.