Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,941 members, 7,873,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:53 AM

Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. (19535 Views)

Lady Who Got Pregnant At 17 Obtains Her Masters Degree At 24 (Photos) / Father Who Obtained His First Degree At 54 Celebrated By Daughter (Photo) / Aminu Gamawa Bags Doctorate Degree At Harvard Law School,US.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by jazinogold(m): 10:50am On May 17, 2016
grin

does NOUN University run Masters Degree?

How relevant is their certificate?
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by rattlesnake(m): 10:54am On May 17, 2016
illegal
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by wink2015(m): 10:54am On May 17, 2016
[size=15pt]Is degree even worth it in present day Nigeria? There are a lot of graduate without a company to engage them not to talk of getting a masters degree?

In your case, you are even talking about getting a two masters degree at the same time?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by Nobody: 10:55am On May 17, 2016
He should go ahead and do it na. Is he not voltron?
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by Nobody: 11:02am On May 17, 2016
anything dat canot b xcelently done shdnt b touchd at al...let ur friend focus on one n do t xcelently afta dat he could go 4 d oda.
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by bigerboy200: 11:05am On May 17, 2016
It makes no sense running two masters at the same time...He might do badly in both....
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by overtlyderanged: 11:09am On May 17, 2016
ALAYORMII:
Very possible if you can cope and can afford it

22 Master's degrees? What the hell?? Lol
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by killafree: 11:09am On May 17, 2016
CzarChris:
A very good friend of mine wants to apply for a masters degree in Geotechnical Engineering in one university and Water Resources Engineering in another university, both schools are Federal Universities. Now he will surely secure admission to study both of them since he had a distinction(4.87) in the PGD he did(both courses are in Civil Engineering department).
I asked him to choose one, but he said that he wants to do both at the same time, cause he has a passion for one and the other is because of his career path. He asked for my advice, and I couldn't come up with anything, so I brought it to the house for experienced people to give me the best advice for him.

First of all is it even legal to run two masters at the same time?

Matured responses only please.

Studying for a postgraduate whether online or offline just got easier for those who are either working or too busy to handle assignments, essays, projects, term papers, thesis and dissertations. Akadawriters.com is here to help you out. All you have to do is send us instructions for your papers and leave the rest to us. Go back to whatever you are doing and we will deliver 'A' grade papers to you for submission. With Akadawriters.com you dont have to stress yourself out while studying and working. Relax..... Hire experts to handle your papers such as final year projects, thesis or dissertations, market research & handle all kinds of data analysis in any academic or non-academic field at akadawriters.com

At AkadaWriters.Com we are a custom writing and academic research assistance agency handling writing and assistance for the following:
*term papers
*undergraduate research projects
*masters thesis
*PhD dissertations
*research proposals
*journal articles
*NGO funding grant proposals
*feasibility studies
*research data analysis
*business plans
*web/blog content
*Purpose statements

As our success is driven by your success, we stand by our Akada Writers quality promises.

++ Every paper written from scratch
++ 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
++ zero plagiarism policy
++ Unlimited revisions
++ 24/7 Service
++ No templates used
++ Delivered in MS Word & PDF format

Make inquiries, request a quote and order your custom written papers via www.akadawriters.com .
[img]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6hF6yJi_x0[/img]
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by EazyMoh(m): 11:10am On May 17, 2016
I thin kqhat your friend is trying to prove is that he's intelligent enough to handle both programmes. But the main factor is that his lectures, tests exams presentations etc must definitely be clashing! so on many occasions he has to sacrifice one for the other at the end he might end up not finishing either on time. Let him take one step at a time.
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by overtlyderanged: 11:11am On May 17, 2016
wink2015:
[size=15pt]Is degree even worth it in present day Nigeria? There are a lot of graduate without a company to engage them not to talk of getting a masters degree?

In your case, you are even talking about getting a two masters degree at the same time?[/size]

Lol baba this your post na topic for another thread
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by killafree: 11:13am On May 17, 2016
Studying for a postgraduate whether online or offline just got easier for those who are either working or too busy to handle assignments, essays, projects, term papers, thesis and dissertations. Akadawriters.com is here to help you out. All you have to do is send us instructions for your papers and leave the rest to us. Go back to whatever you are doing and we will deliver 'A' grade papers to you for submission. With Akadawriters.com you dont have to stress yourself out while studying and working. Relax..... Hire experts to handle your papers such as final year projects, thesis or dissertations, market research & handle all kinds of data analysis in any academic or non-academic field at akadawriters.com

At AkadaWriters.Com we are a custom writing and academic research assistance agency handling writing and assistance for the following:
*term papers
*undergraduate research projects
*masters thesis
*PhD dissertations
*research proposals
*journal articles
*NGO funding grant proposals
*feasibility studies
*research data analysis
*business plans
*web/blog content
*Purpose statements

As our success is driven by your success, we stand by our Akada Writers quality promises.

++ Every paper written from scratch
++ 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
++ zero plagiarism policy
++ Unlimited revisions
++ 24/7 Service
++ No templates used
++ Delivered in MS Word & PDF format

Make inquiries, request a quote and order your custom written papers via www.akadawriters.com .
[img]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6hF6yJi_x0[/img]
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by overtlyderanged: 11:14am On May 17, 2016
EazyMoh:
I thin kqhat your friend is trying to prove is that he's intelligent enough to handle both programmes. But the main factor is that his lectures, tests exams presentations etc must definitely be clashing! so on many occasions he has to sacrifice one for the other at the end he might end up not finishing either on time. Let him take one step at a time.

Exactly. The workload may be a cinch but clashes are obviously harder to work around

1 Like

Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by Nobody: 11:17am On May 17, 2016
faruz:
...... what is masters ...... d only masters i knw of is the one in tennis...........
You mean Shanghai Master? hahaha

1 Like

Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by Nobody: 11:23am On May 17, 2016
CzarChris:
A very good friend of mine wants to apply for a masters degree in Geotechnical Engineering in one university and Water Resources Engineering in another university, both schools are Federal Universities. Now he will surely secure admission to study both of them since he had a distinction(4.87) in the PGD he did(both courses are in Civil Engineering department).
I asked him to choose one, but he said that he wants to do both at the same time, cause he has a passion for one and the other is because of his career path. He asked for my advice, and I couldn't come up with anything, so I brought it to the house for experienced people to give me the best advice for him.

It is very possible. I have HND & was studying for my Master in Cyprus & Top Up to BSC at the same time.
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by billionman: 11:23am On May 17, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
You can if you are not working...

I have a friend studying for MBA and Msc in accounting at the same time..

I'm working and also studying for My MBA and PGDE National Teachers Institute Same time cool cool cool cool
lol and I'm also active here on Nairaland cool cool

Multi-task Noni

How are you running the PGDE with NTI? I intend to have one too and I'm considering NOUN, TASUED, or NTI.
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:29am On May 17, 2016
billionman:

How are you running the PGDE with NTI? I intend to have one too and I'm considering NOUN, TASUED, or NTI.

NTI is fast the form is still on sale I think 3,350 or 2,350. After a week they'll give you admission surely. School fees is 26,350, You pay for computer tablet either part payment 23,000 or full 45,000 the 2016 programme is ending this year December.

It's a nice programme cool cool
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by Phi001(m): 11:36am On May 17, 2016
When I'm done with my B.Sc, I wanna do two three masters simultaneously.....full time, part time and online...
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by Omonigeriarere: 12:21pm On May 17, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

NTI is fast the form is still on sale I think 3,350 or 2,350. After a week they'll give you admission surely. School fees is 26,350, You pay for computer tablet either part payment 23,000 or full 45,000 the 2016 programme is ending this year December.

It's a nice programme cool cool

Of what relevant is NTI to a Nigerian graduate?
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:26pm On May 17, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

Of what relevant is NTI to a Nigerian graduate?

You need an education certificate before you can teach in a reputable organisations/ Big secondary schools/ NGO or even owning a Primary/Secondary school. cool
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by babyfaceafrica: 12:48pm On May 17, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

You need an education certificate before you can teach in a reputable organisations/ Big secondary schools/ NGO or even owning a Primary/Secondary school. cool
that's not entirely true...just partially.....I know a guy working at dowen schools at lekki with masters..he is english art nt education
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 17, 2016
Msc isnt an easy something oo. except he want to run bribe his way through cos @ a point in time there will be a clash in academic commitment
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by YNWALailai(m): 1:36pm On May 17, 2016
It is possible to do the two Masters at the same time. However, he needs to put some factors into consideration.
1. He MUST not run the two programs in the same school
2. The two Instituions must not be far apart... for Instance, if you are in Lagos, UNILAG nad LASU are good options. or UNILAG and UniIbadan. not UNILAg and UNIBEN or UNIBEn and UNIPORT when he is based in Lagos...Hope you understand? Proximity is important.
3. He MUST not run the two programs FULL TIME...Obviously your friend is not working I guess. Hence, he can run one in Part time and the other in Full time. The reason is to avoid clash of exams and a quicker completion of one for a freer time for the other.
4. NEVER LET ALONE TELL YOU YOU CANT...LIFE IS A CHALLENGE NEVER TAKE THE LAST BLOW.
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by VanOmiyale: 1:40pm On May 17, 2016
That would only be possible if the course work of the two courses do not start at the same. Most lecturers take attendance seriously even at masters level. He can also do it if one of the courses is online.
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:43pm On May 17, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
that's not entirely true...just partially.....I know a guy working at dowen schools at lekki with masters..he is english art nt education

Okay cool cool
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by samokoduwa(m): 1:45pm On May 17, 2016
J
CzarChris:

It possible if focus, I know of someone dat did both academic master and professional master in uniben both time while csc was full time engineering mgt was part time sat classes. It is very stressful.
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by frenzydilz(m): 1:46pm On May 17, 2016
faruz:
...... what is masters ...... d only masters i knw of is the one in tennis...........
Then u know nothing at all
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by dozzynet(m): 1:49pm On May 17, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
You can if you are not working...

I have a friend studying for MBA and Msc in accounting at the same time..

I'm working and also studying for My MBA and PGDE National Teachers Institute Same time cool cool cool cool
lol and I'm also active here on Nairaland cool cool

Multi-task Noni

Sam daddy!! I so much love his vibrancy throughout his tenure as member of IMHA. Kudos to him.
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by Omonigeriarere: 1:51pm On May 17, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

Noted. And what is the cost implication be like? What is the duration? Do they have centres in Lagos too?
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:03pm On May 17, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

Noted. And what is the cost implication be like? What is the duration? Do they have centres in Lagos too?

Total cost might be 130k for the full year. It's ending by December. Yeaa over 10 centres in Lagos just go to their site. www.ntionline.net
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by milkytins(m): 3:08pm On May 17, 2016
You can't. You can't have to registration number at d same time. You can only run a program in University and Polytechnic together or MSc and PGD or MSc and any professional Master's program. There are NUC rules for admission.
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by DUBES(m): 3:22pm On May 17, 2016
he can actually do the both if he is willing. I did my 2 masters concurrently. did my M.ENG in Civil from Uniben and at the same time did my MBA in Unilag. and at a time time both exams clashed, I was using flight, chartered ambulance to meet up. I finished both successfully within the stipulated time without any reference. so he can do same if he is willing. cheers.
Re: Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time. by francisbarrack(m): 3:32pm On May 17, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
choose ilorin and ibadan grin then you go know say hell is real grin grin grin grin

O. A. U n u. I is ort. How u doing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Check Ur Unilorin List Here And Good Luck / Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial / Photos From FUTO Convocation As Okorocha Bags Doctorate Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.