Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,465 members, 7,904,728 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 06:19 PM

Don't Go On Strike: CAN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Go On Strike: CAN (839 Views)

Pray For Buhari As You Pray For Your Parents, Don't Go To Court - Shehu Sani / PENGASSAN Going On Strike On Thursday / Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Go On Strike: CAN by iflywithbuhari(f): 8:46am On May 17, 2016
The Northern branch of
the Christian
Association of Nigeria
(CAN) yesterday told
organized labour to
abort the planned strike
in the interest of the
poor masses.
Public Relations Officer
of the Northern CAN,
Rev. John Joseph Hayab
who spoke Journalists
in Kaduna told the
federal government and
the organized labour to
sheathe their sword
and save Nigerians
from further hardship.
“We understand the
challenge of the time,
though we may frown
at the process in which
the deregulation was
carried out, but it is not
enough reason for us to
repeal the deregulation
now, we must stop the
attitudes of going
forward and backward.
“Our plea to the
masses, labour and the
federal government is
to stop the strike
action, because it will
not remedy the pains
Nigerians are going
through,” he said.
CAN also appealed to
the federal government
to address whatever
problems that led to
the fuel hike with
human face and with all
responsibility and
humility.
“Labour and
government must go to
the round table and
discuss on what to do
to improve the living
conditions of the people
they are representing.
“Strike will only affect
our economy negatively
and it will not even do
good to the people we
want to protect, but it
would only worsen their
condition,” the group
argued.
dailypost.ng/2016/05/17/strike-not-the-solution-force-fg-to-improve-living-condition-can-tells-labour/
Re: Don't Go On Strike: CAN by chriskosherbal(m): 8:49am On May 17, 2016
I think both parties should find a way to resolve this crisis in the interest of the masses.
Re: Don't Go On Strike: CAN by KissCODE(m): 8:50am On May 17, 2016
I support subsidy removal in 2012 and i am still in full support of it this 2016.

The only thing i have against Buhari, Tinubu & others in this issue, is why did they fight against it in 2012?

Another thing i have against them is this. If crude oil is now cheaper why is the refined product costlier?

My other problem with them is on workers‘ salary.
Prices of Everything in Nigeria has toppled with about 70%, how will salary earners cope because PMS increase in price means transportation & everything that uses petrol will also increase.

Now that about 27 states cant pay salaries, how can we now discuss salary upward review?

These are my problems. If FG, STATES & LABOUR can find a way of protecting salary earners then i wont have any issue.

This strike is not necesary therefore ROUND TABLE is what is needed here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Go On Strike: CAN by OZAOEKPE(f): 8:51am On May 17, 2016
1 week strike is ok joor, make person chill for house small, abi man go die for work lipsrsealed
Re: Don't Go On Strike: CAN by iflywithbuhari(f): 8:52am On May 17, 2016
So Buhari has pocketed the northern CAN faction. They should be more concerned with the sponsored killings of their congregation by their new benefactor. Leave labor affairs for labor

2 Likes

Re: Don't Go On Strike: CAN by hungryboy(m): 8:56am On May 17, 2016
Abeg tell CAN make dem shut up,
Many pastors don't go through what majority of the masses go through because the always have access to free money every Sunday,

With the present increase in price of petrol,

Many Nigerians will be spending half of their salary on transportation,

Tell me the shouldn't feel angry and pained?
Re: Don't Go On Strike: CAN by Lattop(m): 8:58am On May 17, 2016
Which one b CAN own 4 dis matter
Re: Don't Go On Strike: CAN by madridguy(m): 9:00am On May 17, 2016
Say No to Labour Strike.

Say YES to Salary increment.
Re: Don't Go On Strike: CAN by aminho(m): 9:03am On May 17, 2016
North for north
Re: Don't Go On Strike: CAN by KissCODE(m): 9:05am On May 17, 2016
iflywithbuhari:
So Buhari has pocketed the northern CAN faction. They should be more concerned with the sponsored killings of their congregation by their new benefactor. Leave labor affairs for labor
i wouldnt want to see it like u r seeing it.
Nagotiation will be the only best option. Find a way of adjusting salaries. Thats all.

CAN as a Bible believing organisation did well by starting with telling them to go on a round table.

1 Like

Re: Don't Go On Strike: CAN by KissCODE(m): 9:08am On May 17, 2016
madridguy:
Say No to Labour Strike.
Say YES to Salary increment.
i stand with u on this...

1 Like

Re: Don't Go On Strike: CAN by Nostradamus: 9:12am On May 17, 2016
KissCODE:
I support subsidy removal in 2012 and i am still in full support of it this 2016.

The only thing i have against Buhari, Tinubu & others in this issue, is why did they fight against it in 2012?

Another thing i have against them is this. If crude oil is now cheaper why is the refined product costlier?

My other problem with them is on workers‘ salary.
Prices of Everything in Nigeria has toppled with about 70%, how will salary earners cope because PMS increase in price means transportation & everything that uses petrol will also increase.

Now that about 27 states cant pay salaries, how can we now discuss salary upward review?

These are my problems. If FG, STATES & LABOUR can find a way of protecting salary earners then i wont have any issue.

This strike is not necesary therefore ROUND TABLE is what is needed here.
a million likes for you!!!
you just made my day.
Re: Don't Go On Strike: CAN by KissCODE(m): 3:45pm On May 17, 2016
Nostradamus:
a million likes for you!!! you just made my day.
thank u
Re: Don't Go On Strike: CAN by KissCODE(m): 4:49pm On May 17, 2016
Is this post not front page worthy?
Eh? Am asking you people, seun, mynd44, lalasticlala, ishilove and other mods, supermods & admin...

(1) (Reply)

Biafra Cannot Be Achieved Through Mere Demonstrations- Chekwas Okorie / Photonews:plateau Youths Staged A Peaceful Protest Against Grazing Researve / An Epic Response To The Issue Of Aisha Buhari Saga On Twitter. (screenshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.