Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,882 members, 7,976,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 01:21 AM

I Didn’t Kill My Wife, Shonde Husband Tells Court - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Didn’t Kill My Wife, Shonde Husband Tells Court (508 Views)

Cult Threats, Jealousy Made Me Kill My ‘godson’, His Girlfriend – Suspect (pic) / Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) / I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Didn’t Kill My Wife, Shonde Husband Tells Court by nedufantasy(m): 2:58pm On May 20, 2016
Suspected wife-killer Lekan Shonde Friday told an Ebute Meta Chief Magistrates’ Court that he was innocent of his wife Ronke’s death.

Dockworker Shonde was docked by the police before Chief Magistrate O. A. Adelaja following Ronke’s death at their Egbeda, Lagos home on May 5.

In a temporary charge with number D/30/2016, the suspect, who was brought around 11:30 am sporting a cream coloured combat shorts, was accused of beating his wife to death with his fist.

The charge reads: “That you Shonde Olalekan, on May 5, 2016, at about 2030 hours at No. 3, Tiemo Street, Egbeda, in the Lagos Magisterial District, did kill one Ronke Shonde, ‘F’ age 37, by giving her fist blow on her head, and thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 221 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.”

When he was asked if he understood the charge, Shonde asked for the last paragraph to be re-read, after which he replied, “I didn’t kill her.”

Prosecuting counsel Inspector Chinalu Uwadione applied that the suspect be remanded in prison custody “to enable us send the case to the Lagos State Directorate of Public Prosecution (DPP) for legal advice.”

This was not opposed by defence counsel Mr. I. V. Mohammed, and Chief Magistrate Adelaja upheld Uwadione’s prayer.

“The offence is a capital offence and the defendant is to be remanded in prison custody pursuant to Section 264 (1) of the Administration of Criminal Justice Law ((ACJL) 2011.
“The prosecutor should forward the case file to the DPP’s advice. The case is adjourned till June 24, 2016,” the court held.

Source:http://www.nuelsblog.com/2016/05/i-didnt-kill-my-wife-shonde-husband.html
Re: I Didn’t Kill My Wife, Shonde Husband Tells Court by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 20, 2016
undecided

Says d wife basher who left numerous marks all over d late wife's body INSTEAD of DIVORCING her since he claimed she was unfaithful.

Now she cant defend herself cos she chose to live with an animal.
Re: I Didn’t Kill My Wife, Shonde Husband Tells Court by IRserveMyComent(f): 3:41pm On May 20, 2016
This man kept saying he is innocent. As human i doubt the possibility going by the available evidence so far. I there for call on God to vindicate this man if he is innocent.

(1) (Reply)

Ex-lawmaker Drags Jonathan To EFCC / Pakistani Woman Dies After Being Set On Fire For Rejecting Marriage Proposal / How Motorcyclist Stabbed Friend To Death At Drinking Joint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.