Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,219 members, 7,887,588 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:01 AM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (594508 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (273) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by iliyande(m): 2:55pm On Dec 28, 2017
freezyprinzy:
Anybody have huawie E5573-606 mifi for sale?
I'm based in abj
17k nyanya
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by freezyprinzy(m): 3:45pm On Dec 28, 2017
iliyande:

17k nyanya
oga new is 15k na haba I need it urgently talk better abeg
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by iliyande(m): 3:56pm On Dec 28, 2017
freezyprinzy:
oga new is 15k na haba I need it urgently talk better abeg

Ok, the new one will be better for you then.. cool
If 16k is OK for contact me
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rawdpiper(m): 4:22pm On Dec 28, 2017
saint2ace:

Hey bro, just confirmed that you were right, on a computer system u can connect directly using usb, so it serves a dual purpose of surfing via usb and also acting as a power source to aid it connect to wifi enabled devices. But unlike other usb dongles, it doesn't install an interface on the system were u can access the dongle. so monitoring and change management seems to be a no no...... Share your experience guys..

Thanks for bringing that to my notice. Just tried it now, the icon where wifi shows turns to the icon that shows when connected to Ethernet.

But the USB connection doesn't work every time. Sometimes it shows, sometimes it doesn't, so I'll have to connect my system through wifi
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 28, 2017
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by iliyande(m): 6:47pm On Dec 28, 2017
DonCrust:

Since you have another buyer, I'm going to look for an alternative. BTW is there any other device other than Huawei E5573s-606 that works with all Glo and other networks?

Seems the buyer is not ready yet cool
There are other devices that supports glo 4g band 28, but most of them caries fewer bands compared to this?
By next week I will ubox new zte m910 here.?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 28, 2017
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by iliyande(m): 7:28pm On Dec 28, 2017
DonCrust:

Does that support 4G on all networks in Nigeria?
Same as E5573-606
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by freezyprinzy(m): 7:40pm On Dec 28, 2017
iliyande:

Ok, the new one will be better for you then.. cool
If 16k is OK for contact me
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 8:23pm On Dec 28, 2017
iliyande:

Seems the buyer is not ready yet cool
There are other devices that supports glo 4g band 28, but most of them caries fewer bands compared to this?
By next week I will ubox new zte m910 here.?
Are you 100% sure it supports LTE band 28?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by iliyande(m): 8:46pm On Dec 28, 2017
dustmalik:

Are you 100% sure it supports LTE band 28?

Yea 200% cheesy, there are different versions of m910
The same thing with MF970 series..
Some supports band 28 while some are not.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dvyne777: 8:53pm On Dec 28, 2017
gudday,please am looking to buy the ntel unlimited data bundle strictly for d download of heavy softwares of 40gb plus I have a few ques?
1. how fast is the download speed
2. hw strong is d network
3. how many hours will it take me to download a file of 50gb
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 8:55pm On Dec 28, 2017
iliyande:

Yea 200% cheesy, there are different versions of m910
The same thing with MF970 series..
Some supports band 28 while some are not.
I see. I look forward to the unboxing smiley
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Mrviktor(m): 9:34pm On Dec 28, 2017
I heard ntel isn't trotting their speed again. How true is this. Guys please confirm if it's true or not.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 10:03pm On Dec 28, 2017
My latest strategy for [hopefully] getting through the month @ 10k total:

Glo's 30 GB @ 5k (for normal surfing and very light streaming, but no major downloading during the day, so managing 1 GB/day on average) + ntel's unlimited night, 10 P.M. to 6 A.M., @ 5k (for automated and unattended downloading, at mostly 1.1MB/s in my crib. It stops momentarily from time-to-time, though, but invariably picks up again, generally within one minute, in my observstion so far.)

I've been on this combo for about 10 days (see screen shots) already - no major hitch. Hopefully others have the same/a similar strategy, and it's working for them?

[Somewhere down the line, I'll try to swap the ntel part with Swift's advertised 3K for 3 GB with unlimited midnight to 6 A.M, IIRC, and see if it works in my crib.]

Good luck, everyone.

P34c3

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dvyne777: 10:59pm On Dec 28, 2017
Dvyne777:
gudday,please am looking to buy the ntel unlimited data bundle strictly for d download of heavy softwares of 40gb plus I have a few ques?
1. how fast is the download speed
2. hw strong is d network
3. how many hours will it take me to download a file of 50gb
sumone should pls elp me out
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rawdpiper(m): 8:20am On Dec 29, 2017
saint2ace:

Hey bro, just confirmed that you were right, on a computer system u can connect directly using usb, so it serves a dual purpose of surfing via usb and also acting as a power source to aid it connect to wifi enabled devices. But unlike other usb dongles, it doesn't install an interface on the system were u can access the dongle. so monitoring and change management seems to be a no no...... Share your experience guys..

When i first got it, the connection through USB didn't work, about two days later when i plugged the runner, the USB connection showed(the attached image is the icon that shows when connected through USB) and then i browsed with it through USB. Then all of a sudden the USB connection didn't work again, when i plug it to the system's USB port it just broadcasts the wireless signal

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rawdpiper(m): 8:24am On Dec 29, 2017
@Dam5reey have you tried connecting your swift runner through USB on your PC and browsing with it(through USB not WiFi)?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Mrviktor(m): 8:35am On Dec 29, 2017
Mrviktor:
I heard ntel isn't trotting their speed again. How true is this. Guys please confirm if it's true or not.
Someone please confirm this.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by saint2ace(m): 8:38am On Dec 29, 2017
rawdpiper:

When i first got it, the connection through USB didn't work, about two days later when i plugged the runner, the USB connection showed(the attached image is the icon that shows when connected through USB) and then i browsed with it through USB. Then all of a sudden the USB connection didn't work again, when i plug it to the system's USB port it just broadcasts the wireless signal

Turn off wireless it'll be forced to use the USB port, if it doesn't u might need to reinstall the driver through device manager
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 9:37am On Dec 29, 2017
rawdpiper:
@Dam5reey have you tried connecting your swift runner through USB on your PC and browsing with it(through USB not WiFi)?

Seems I answered this 2 pages back... The USB port is only for powering the device...
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by saint2ace(m): 10:46am On Dec 29, 2017
Dam5reey:

Seems I answered this 2 pages back... The USB port is only for powering the device...

No it's not, U can also connect via USB without connecting to the wireless signal from the device
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 1:27pm On Dec 29, 2017
saint2ace:

No it's not, U can also connect via USB without connecting to the wireless signal from the device

All I needed is a screenshot of yours to proof this...

Practically it does not have PC interface for connecting...
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by saint2ace(m): 1:47pm On Dec 29, 2017
Dam5reey:

All I needed is a screenshot of yours to proof this...

Practically it does not have PC interface for connecting...

It doesn't have an interface as u rightly stated, so u cannot access the core of the runner; however it is plug and play, once plug it installs the driver and connects u. On the instructions it's stated that even when u need to change the password u need to contact swift (plenty headache).

I'll see if I can get a screen shot later in the day when am home. Cheers
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 1:52pm On Dec 29, 2017
saint2ace:

It doesn't have an interface as u rightly stated, so u cannot access the core of the runner; however it is plug and play, once plug it installs the driver and connects u. On the instructions it's stated that even when u need to change the password u need to contact swift (plenty headache).

I'll see if I can get a screen shot later in the day when am home. Cheers

Which password again?
I tried all you mentioned no auto install, maybe you have a different version...
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by saint2ace(m): 2:01pm On Dec 29, 2017
Dam5reey:

Which password again?
I tried all you mentioned no auto install, maybe you have a different version...

The WiFi password....
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rawdpiper(m): 4:07pm On Dec 29, 2017
@saint2ace and @dam5reey

So i took to saint2ace's advice this morning to disable the wifi interface, on disabling it the usb connection didn't show and the modem was quite useless cos i couldn't connect through wifi(since i've disabled the runner's wifi interface).... so I've been plugging and unplugging my modem since morning, then just now when i plugged the modem i saw the device installation icon in the notification area icon, but it didn't install(1st picture), then the next thing i saw was that i was connected to the internet(2nd picture)

so i can't pinpoint exactly the condition that makes the runner connect through usb..

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 4:30pm On Dec 29, 2017
saint2ace:

The WiFi password....

Alright, I was able to do that through web interface...
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 4:33pm On Dec 29, 2017
rawdpiper:
@saint2ace and @dam5reey

So i took to saint2ace's advice this morning to disable the wifi interface, on disabling it the usb connection didn't show and the modem was quite useless cos i couldn't connect through wifi(since i've disabled the runner's wifi interface).... so I've been plugging and unplugging my modem since morning, then just now when i plugged the modem i saw the device installation icon in the notification area icon, but it didn't install(1st picture), then the next thing i saw was that i was connected to the internet(2nd picture)

so i can't pinpoint exactly the condition that makes the runner connect through usb..

It's nice but what difference does it make using usb instead of WiFi cheesy

As saint2ace pointed out it's is plug and play... Even the WiFi connection as well...
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 29, 2017
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by iliyande(m): 8:33pm On Dec 29, 2017
DonCrust:

Is the ZTE M910 universal and what's the cost?

BTW I just returned to abuja now. Will you accept 12k for the E5573s-606?
When I get back to Abuja, I will mention you...
Yeah, it is universal {unlocked} about 15-16k depends on the seller....
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Toecynne(m): 1:52pm On Dec 31, 2017
how are u able to download torrent file with idm
alt3r3g0:

Rarbg.to

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (273) (Reply)

TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat / New Release Tecno H6 - The Spec And Price Will "Wow" You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.