Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,799 members, 7,879,473 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 07:27 PM

Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London (6624 Views)

Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter / Court ruling: Erastus Akingbola’s Properties in Cayman Islands to be sold off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by shoboy9: 4:11am On Aug 21, 2009
Thank God there are no senators, Governors or hi ranking PDP members on the list. Or else you ppl for don kill Umaru with you mouth. Una wicked no be small sha. Is a man not innocent until proven guilty again? As if any of una go wait.
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by otokx(m): 4:41am On Aug 21, 2009
The other CEOs that went to report to EFCC nko? This CECILIA and AKINGBOLA are just postponing their evil day.
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by Ekwere(m): 4:43am On Aug 21, 2009
vikiviko:

Is this not the man funding the publication of a daily christian prayer book.

Whatever, the sins that men do live with them and catch up with them.

Come and vindicate your 'Good name' Mr. Erastus Akingbola.

Oga and the other arm chair critcs, who told you that Erastus Akingbola used your money for his personal business or stole your hard earn money? I am really worried with the level of crtiticisms that is reeling out here

Intercontinental Bank and the other 3 banks except Union Bank gave out money when customers of the Bank applied for a margin loan(please check the meaning of a Margin laon) before you blow up nairaland with all your myopic statements. Click here: http://www.investorglossary.com/margin-loan.htm

When a word or statement is made, printed or whatever, dont always jump into conclusion without knowing the meaning, I am not standing brief for anybody neither am I a customer of the affected banks, let us always get facts.

Thank you
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by otokx(m): 5:05am On Aug 21, 2009
@Ekwere

Erastus was negligent in his duty as a CEO while projecting a picture of a religious man; now we all know better. Let him go and submit to constituted authority as the bible says. Pastor ADEBAYO should speak up against negligence of members at their duty posts.
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by SEFAGO(m): 5:35am On Aug 21, 2009
Erastus is the king of thieves. Obaole the third. He conned you guys, do u think he approved those loans without getting his cut- all those complaining about the people owing the money- erastus new the risk and he too his cut. I just hope naija has extradition agreement with Ghana and the UK so that they can pull that mofo back to naija. Wicked people dey for this world- Bible in one hand, thieving hands in the other.
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by whassup: 7:12am On Aug 21, 2009
nawa oh peopla can so make comment what a country we where everybody in power use what he has to pay back personal beefs who is not a thief out of them all they are all thievies even the sanusi that is shouting today he will soon be the ribadu tomorrow with lots of stolen money
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by bibiking1(m): 7:53am On Aug 21, 2009
So much for Religion!
Wasn't this dude ordained by Adeboye?
Or is there something else i am missing?
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by otokx(m): 7:55am On Aug 21, 2009
@bibiking1

there is nothing else you are missing.
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by anataala: 8:04am On Aug 21, 2009
hi,

AKINGBOLA is on efcc net, a very reliable source just confirm to me that, he saw the Predator last evening in Effc office in Abuja
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by otokx(m): 8:08am On Aug 21, 2009
That is very good news
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by IFELEKE(m): 8:10am On Aug 21, 2009
bibiking1:

So much for Religion!
Wasn't this dude ordained by Adeboye?
Or is there something else i am missing?
Must we bring religion into this whole mess? or are you missing the fact that the other thieves also practise religions that abhor what they did?
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by FBS: 8:35am On Aug 21, 2009
Nigeria!
Well shit happens.
Let's see how the story will end.
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by blapo(m): 9:16am On Aug 21, 2009
Akingbola is someone of a great repute, but allowed to be used by some elements,
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by Nezan(m): 9:48am On Aug 21, 2009
FBS:

[size=18pt]Nigeria!

Let's see how the story will end. [/size]
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by Marymos: 10:01am On Aug 21, 2009
@eyonigger.You are very smarth.You decide to withdraw your money from Intercontinental and union bank quickly.Didnt you hear that CBN injected billions of naira into the banks?Why panicking?If am in ur shoe,i will do same.
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by oshkosh(m): 10:03am On Aug 21, 2009
Abeg every body calm down jare!

The worst these executives may be guilty off is mismanagement / destruction of shareholder value - not unlike most CEO's of banks in developed countries. How many of these became police cases? How many are in jail today? The weak regulatory frameworks in Nigeria encouraged weak corporate governance and risk management practices, so lets not suddenly start singling out individuals for punishment or looking for scapegoats. ALL the bank CEO's are in the same boat!

Besides, most of these executives have made positive contributions to our economy, one way or the other (and much more that all our politicians put together!). In the case of Erastus, from what I've gathered, he may have reasons to fear persecution, to fear that the new CBN helmsman has an axe to grind.  This is Nigeria my people. Anything is possible.

All these allegations of fraud, threats of prison should cease. These are soft targets. Yar should go after ex governors like Ibori to prove his mantle.
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by biola44: 10:06am On Aug 21, 2009
:d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by whassup: 10:29am On Aug 21, 2009
oshkosh i totally agree with u i think yarradua is just looking for how to be popular and trying to creat job for the efcc because to me all this tins is not worth shouting over y not use all the ex and incubent governors as scapegoat y not start the fight of corruption from his office down to the local government oh because people say waziri has not been working so he is trying to make her voice heard because she cant even stand the politicians anyway
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by ayobase(m): 10:44am On Aug 21, 2009
Na today they start to dey run?
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by galatico(m): 10:56am On Aug 21, 2009
Chei another Alameyhsia in the making,
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by BAC: 12:20pm On Aug 21, 2009
Guys , it is too early to come to conclusions. if the man travelled to London on friday do you expect him to be back in a few days?

It is not good to spoil people's image. I am sure this man is a man of integrity working in an environment polluted by crime. Some are commenting on his residence in Ghana,  If you have to opportunity to have residence abroad I am sure you will do the same. But as you don't have keep your mouth shut, if not God can never promote you to that level

so guys leave the guy alone. To run a bank is not easy. That the debtors cannot pay the money they owe does not necessarily mean the bankers did not follow due process. And at the end of the day bankers are there to take risk.

So keep your mouths shut. and watch,
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by Fhemmmy: 12:22pm On Aug 21, 2009
BAC:

Guys , it is too early to come to conclusions. if the man travelled to London on friday do you expect him to be back in a few days?

It is not good to spoil people's image. I am sure this man is a man of integrity working in an environment polluted by crime. Some are commenting on his residence in Ghana,  If you have to opportunity to have residence abroad I am sure you will do the same. But as you don't have keep you mouth shut, if not God can never promote you to that level

so guys leave the guy alone. To run a bank is not easy. That the debtors cannot pay the money they owe does not necessarily mean the bankers did not follow due process. And at the end of the day bankers are there to take risk.

So keep you mouths shut. and watch,

Once u are summoned by a govt agency, and one that thinks you are a fraud, if you aint a fraud, you will drop all u doing and fly back to the country, if yu have nothing to hide.
They have declared the man wanted, and yet u think it is a good thing for the man to stay back in London?
IF that is how he think, then, he is more of an a$$ that i thought
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 21, 2009
I am amazed at the level of ignorance shamelessly displayed in public forums like this by Nigerians. Did you guys go to school at all?

How did you pass your comprehension papers when you can not read in-between lines? Read the "passages" again and honestly answer the following questions:

1) Who was Sanusi Lamido Sanusi before he became the CBN Governor? (2 marks)
2) (a) How many commercial Banks do we have in Nigeria? (1mark)
   (b) How many of such banks are affected in this saga (were they picked at random or what)? (1mark)
3) Was any auditing done to their books by any external auditors as obtainable in free societies? (1mark)
4) Was the affected banks pre-informed formally of the imminent sanctions? (2marks)
5) What is more important to CBN, sanction of "affected banks" or recovery of debt? (7 marks)
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by KnowAll(m): 12:42pm On Aug 21, 2009
Off the lot sacked, Eratus wants to give the impression he is one step ahead of the authorities, he manage to slip out of the country before the cold hands of the law could grab him.

Impressive one would say, he also resigned his post b4 he was sacked enabling him to draw all his gratitude, pension and any other benefit, another step ahead of the authorities, kudos to him, the big question now is, If Cicilia Ibru and the others sacked on Friday manage to overturn the decision in a Court of law, our friend Eratus would have to re-apply for his old job back because he resigned as supposed to being sacked. One can see that you can’t always be a winner all the time  grin
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by Fhemmmy: 12:44pm On Aug 21, 2009
KnowAll:

Off the lot sacked, Eratus wants to give the impression he is one step ahead of the authorities, he manage to slip out of the country before the cold hands of the law could grab him.

Impressive one would say, he also resigned his post b4 he was sacked enabling him to draw all his gratitude, pension and any other benefit, another step ahead of the authorities, kudos to him, the big question now is, If Cicilia Ibru and the others sacked on Friday manage to overturn the decision in a Court of law, our friend Eratus would have to re-apply for his old job back because he resigned as supposed to being sacked. One can see that you can’t always be a winner all the time  grin

why would he need the job again, when he has got all he needed and he might even be able to bail out the bank when they are in trouble
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by CY09: 1:27pm On Aug 21, 2009
No matter how hard he tries he cant run away from his shadow
Watch ou for the unfolding events! .
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by otukpo(f): 1:43pm On Aug 21, 2009
AM STILL WATCHING
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by oshyno(m): 1:46pm On Aug 21, 2009
Its disheartening to see how people rejoice over this CEO/MD's sack.Dont have problem wt dat but the manner they were booted out smacks lack of indebt  analysis of after-effect of this choreography.I whither  4 this country. If Jimoh,Otedola,Rosco construction,Transcorp,dangote's etc should pay back to avoid EFCC wahala, all I mean all the companies will go under.The effect? that your small job u thing is not paying well will be keenly contested for.
Think  twice, tongue
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by oshkosh(m): 1:56pm On Aug 21, 2009
they were booted out smacks lack of indebt analysis of after-effect of this choreography

My friend, cool down. Which kine grammer be this sef? cheesy grin
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by denony(m): 2:41pm On Aug 21, 2009
never to come back again

what a smart man?
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by zmurda(m): 2:51pm On Aug 21, 2009
Please any one has any ideas where Pastor Dr Akingbola's house is in London?

I would be in London by Monday. Maybe he can roger me small chop money out of all these billions. I promise not to tell any other person where he stays lest they Umaru Dikko him
Re: Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London by Fhemmmy: 2:56pm On Aug 21, 2009
z-murda:

Please any one has any ideas where Pastor Dr Akingbola's house is in London?

I would be in London by Monday. Maybe he can roger me small chop money out of all these billions. I promise not to tell any other person where he stays lest they Umaru Dikko him

hahahahahahaha.
Go there and tell him that u know one baba that can help him get out of his wahala and u can make some money of him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abandoned Apartments In Lagos Taken Over By Aliens / Financial Secretary Manifestos / Seun Osewa Air His Opinion On The Endsars Ongoing Protest.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.