Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,865 members, 7,879,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 12:23 AM

Houses To Be Demolished In Ajah, Eti-osa For The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Houses To Be Demolished In Ajah, Eti-osa For The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge (19561 Views)

3 Buildings Housing 81 Police Families To Be Demolished In Lagos / 4th Mainland Bridge Paths From Lekki, Ajah, Ikorodu And Ojodu Berger / 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Houses To Be Demolished In Ajah, Eti-osa For The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge by wristbangle: 7:35am On May 26, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Meaning

That they want to destroy 800 houses
Re: Houses To Be Demolished In Ajah, Eti-osa For The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge by Tex42(m): 7:53am On May 26, 2016
Good development. Hope landlords will be dully compensated.
Eko onibaje o!
Re: Houses To Be Demolished In Ajah, Eti-osa For The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge by Ijaya123: 8:16am On May 26, 2016
Ambode must be from the SE. Guess that's why he is on a mission to develop Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Houses To Be Demolished In Ajah, Eti-osa For The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge by agitator: 8:52am On May 26, 2016
YourNemesis:
To rebuild you first have to bring down.
The government should relocate affected homes to a purpose built housing estate in Ibeju Lekki

Why is it only in 9ja, government don't plan ahead? instead they let an area develop at the community's ragtag plan and later government demolish to develop.

In my personal opinion that is a waste of money.

Citizen build with personal money, government demolish, pay compensation, then build. Why is government not proactive by planning areas adjacent to developing cities, instead of allowing the place to develop first and plan later.

It is common everywhere in 9ja, i can attest to that in all the southern cities/towns i have visited. angry angry angry
Re: Houses To Be Demolished In Ajah, Eti-osa For The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 8:55am On May 26, 2016
codemaniacs:
Nonsense....

build a state owned power plant and work towards 24 hrs power supply for Lagos.
or better yet tackle the poverty in some areas like Ejigbo etc first..I get the point of the bridge this bridge is overdue but lives matter first

1 Like

Re: Houses To Be Demolished In Ajah, Eti-osa For The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge by YourNemesis: 8:57am On May 26, 2016
agitator:

Why is it only in 9ja, government don't plan ahead? instead they let an area develop at the community's ragtag plan and later government demolish to develop.

In my personal opinion that is a waste of money.

Citizen build with personal money, government demolish, pay compensation, then build. Why is government not proactive by planning areas adjacent to developing cities, instead of allowing the place to develop first and plan later.

It is common everywhere in 9ja, i can attest to that in all the southern cities/towns i have visited. angry angry angry

You would be surprised that most of the structures that would be demolished would be illegal.
People build in Nigeria ANYHOW. There is a particular space designated to be between roads and the closest residential building, but they all act like it is some free land where they can build what they like, until time comes for road expansion , they start crying foul.

I am 100% sure most of the houses that will be gone will be those very close to the existing road network, and they would all be low grade housing. This is mostly the fault of the people themselves.

Same thing is currently going on in Abuja people building shanties on designated lands, until BOOM.... the government decides to use the land that they once thought was "free".
Re: Houses To Be Demolished In Ajah, Eti-osa For The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge by agitator: 9:15am On May 26, 2016
YourNemesis:

You would be surprised that most of the structures that would be demolished would be illegal.
People build in Nigeria ANYHOW. There is a particular space designated to be between roads and the closest residential building, but they all act like it is some free land where they can build what they like, until time comes for road expansion , they start crying foul.

I am 100% sure most of the houses that will be gone will be those very close to the existing road network, and they would all be low grade housing. This is mostly the fault of the people themselves.

Same thing is currently going on in Abuja people building shanties on designated lands, until BOOM.... the government decides to use the land that they once thought was "free".

I have no problem with shanties and illegal houses which most (95%) are demolised without compensation. My concern is with the ones the built on land the locals/communities/villagers sell to hardworking people. You will agree with me that they are paid compensation, money that would have been put into better use elsewhere. wink wink wink
Re: Houses To Be Demolished In Ajah, Eti-osa For The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge by YourNemesis: 9:26am On May 26, 2016
agitator:

I have no problem with shanties and illegal houses which most (95%) are demolised without compensation. My concern is with the ones the built on land the locals/communities/villagers sell to hardworking people. You will agree with me that they are paid compensation, money that would have been put into better use elsewhere. wink wink wink

E be like say you get house for that axis, hardworking man.... lol
There are no projects without glitches here and there, not even in the developed world. If the hardworking people visited qualified surveyors or state land planners before building land , then the problem of demolishing unwanted structures would at least abate.
Re: Houses To Be Demolished In Ajah, Eti-osa For The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge by peezeygwiny(m): 9:59am On May 26, 2016
cyrilfosy:
with the rate Lagos is developing, very soon they will say Dey need thier own country
Hehehehehe
we dnt mind if we can av u knw....*winks*

1 Like

Re: Houses To Be Demolished In Ajah, Eti-osa For The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge by agitator: 10:07am On May 26, 2016
YourNemesis:

E be like say you get house for that axis, hardworking man.... lol
There are no projects without glitches here and there, not even in the developed world. If the hardworking people visited qualified surveyors or state land planners before building land , then the problem of demolishing unwanted structures would at least abate.

lol grin grin grin

Chief I never reach that level but hoping to one day.

My problem is the money that will be used to compensate which could have been avoided and used for other more important issues. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Houses To Be Demolished In Ajah, Eti-osa For The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge by Batlan01: 10:16am On May 26, 2016
shocked

Re: Houses To Be Demolished In Ajah, Eti-osa For The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge by johnsonbalamson: 10:32am On May 26, 2016
My profound apologies to Gov Ambode for not voting for him. Obviously The lagos Oba knew better. I think Ambode could be rated among the most performing governors in Nigeria. GO AMBODE!
Re: Houses To Be Demolished In Ajah, Eti-osa For The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge by Mavor: 10:46am On May 26, 2016
This will only put more pressure on the Lekki-Ajah expressway. Who builds roundabouts these days instead of tunnels? Kai!
Re: Houses To Be Demolished In Ajah, Eti-osa For The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge by michelism(m): 11:02am On May 26, 2016
tunapawizzy:
Can someone tell what part of ikorodu this bridge will pasd through....

It's Ibeshe ( Owode - Ibeshe).
Re: Houses To Be Demolished In Ajah, Eti-osa For The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge by KELVIN086: 11:40pm On May 26, 2016
Chai , na ajah all my papa and mama properties dey.
Time to go to church.
Re: Houses To Be Demolished In Ajah, Eti-osa For The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge by KELVIN086: 11:40pm On May 26, 2016
Abeg who get map of the project.
Re: Houses To Be Demolished In Ajah, Eti-osa For The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge by KELVIN086: 11:41pm On May 26, 2016
Government go destroy house worth 40 million compensate you with 1 million.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Plot Of Land @ Abuja Lugbe Federal House Estate. / DISTRESS SALE DISTRESS SALE EXISTING FENCED FARM / Precious Peace Estate Beside Caleb University Imota Ikorodu @900k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.