Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,847 members, 7,872,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:24 PM

My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face (31624 Views)

Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) / How Do I Handle My Landlord? / My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by Pastev1(m): 8:10am On May 27, 2016
Thanks for your patience, for me any landlord that slap me, i will slap him back. he proud for his property and i can show little level for my money. Police have more respect to landlord than tenant especially if landlord get cash pass you. Jst follow with wisdom.
Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by sherifjoo(m): 8:15am On May 27, 2016
my brother kindly send this message to linda ikeji aa well,wit dat u are making progress and dnt jst
stop at dat
Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by amagunnerfan: 8:20am On May 27, 2016
bejick:

I jus hope your tenants will not call you useless too when finish the house.
If I behave useless I should be called useless. But they should at least be reasonable.

A man whose root leaks, whose living is often flooded ( sometimes I move as much as four buckets of water from my Parlour and heave bears me witness ) and refuses to fix it saying the tenant should fix it if he has the money is useless. This is a man I pay 400k to every year.
Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by sunshine1974(m): 8:21am On May 27, 2016
remele2:
It was yesterday at about 7.15pm after the lagos traffic,
There was a Knock at my Door, komkomkom, gbomgbomgbom..

My Sister went to see who was at the door, behold it was the almight LandLord...
He asked her to call the Brother, so my sister ddnt call Me, but called my elder brother.

Now the real matter,,,

LandLord= why are you using a gas cooker in this house? I dnt want it at all.

My Brother= ahh, sir, what is the Problem? We have been using this gas for years, why did u say we should stop using Gas, if we must stop, then you would have to call a meeting and ask all the tenant to stop using it.
Until then we know you are serious unless there is something u have in your mind that brought you up here,

LandLord= eeehh, so u can talk while am talking dnt worry you are leaving my house once your rent is Due.

He picked up his phone and called the elder brother who stays at the down flat, immediately, that one rushed up, as my brother was about explaining to him... See as my LandLord LAND MY BROTHER BIG SLAP THAT I HAD TO COME OUT. The elder Brother den took away my gas Cylinder and they both left.

I ddnt want a physical fight.,just wanted a legal fight .
I reported the case to the area Police and was giving an officer to go with me, when we got home, knocked at his door, he refused to open the door, so the officer left.
Today again, i went to the station and they had to call him on phone to report to the station.

My good people Of nairaland, i dnt to talk about the police matter now, those once are even another problem, they are just there to collect money, but i will talk about them when diz case is over.

Please i need diz guy and his Brother to pay for diz, even if i will leave the compound, in future,they will never try it with other people. So pls i need your advise on this.
Make una no mind my English oooo, my head no det work for now >sad

u better be careful.....such landlords use jazz ooooo....be ready for the fights, legal, physical and most importantly spiritual....i will advise u stay away from fighting him
Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by remele2(f): 8:25am On May 27, 2016
He just called now and was begging, telling me that he was angry.
But all that beg na for the gods,
Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by Nobody: 8:26am On May 27, 2016
remele2:

My brother, am in Lagos oooo,
Diz guy comes for advance rent every sixmonth into my one year rent ooo.
I think he just want a new tenant and a fresh cash, since he increased my rent, i ddnt say anything and i paid.. Now he wants to increase again after one year, i dnt know if it was Tomatoes he used in building his house, even if its Tomatoes, did he build the house today? Even the house was built by his Late father and he inherited it with his brother.
Sounding it clear to Me that he is an island Boy that i will Saree kabakaba

that is the annoying thing about those landlords that inherited their houses from their parents, they are always the most wicked and arrogant. No be dem suffer build house but they go dey frustrate everybody ontop of say dem be landlord.
Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by sixtus3606(m): 8:27am On May 27, 2016
hahn:
NEVER RENT AN APARTMENT WHERE THE LANDLORD ALSO RESIDES LIVES IN.

I have made that mistake and I know what I go through. If you fuel your gen and the landlord doesn't have fuel. Wahala

If you go shopping. Wahala.

That was how my landlord was advising me to tell my wife to pour dirty water OUTSIDE in the gutter after washing clothes so she won't fill up the soak-away. Silly Arrow

undecided
mhen! we are in the same boat oooo undecided

I just bought a new generator and since I bought it, I have positioned it in more than five places just because my landlady.

even the extortion na die!

I am freaking tired! I plan to leave by mid-next year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by Cocoyamu: 8:31am On May 27, 2016
Lol..... @ Wa saare kabakaba... grin grin

Omg! Seriously got me laughing, that's a Landlord Aiyeee. cheesy
See, just let it pass..., I foresee this could only bring more troubles. Tread softly bro.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by remele2(f): 8:32am On May 27, 2016
Immorttal:
Before you start anything make sure you scrutinized thoroughly your tenancy aggrement you signed. There may be clear indications where you agreed not to use gas cookers. He boldly took away your gas on top slap wey he slap your bros,something is clearly dictating his tunes somewhere.Be careful.
It wasnt stated anywhere, everybody in the compound uses gas in their Flat.
He even called diz morning begging me..
But trust me , am too smart for that beg on phone.
Let him go back to where i reported him and let them call me.
Then we can sign an undertaking.
Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by Hezolad07(m): 8:38am On May 27, 2016
Pls seek legal advice it is uncall for. The man should be dealt with

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by hahn(m): 8:42am On May 27, 2016
sixtus3606:

mhen! we are in the same boat oooo undecided

I just bought a new generator and since I bought it, I have positioned it in more than five places just because my landlady.

even the extortion na die!

I am freaking tired! I plan to leave by mid-next year.

Dem no get joy. Na me send them make dem broke? The next place I am getting, the landlord MUST NOT live there angry
Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by hahn(m): 8:44am On May 27, 2016
cyprus000:
[size=13pt]
I see nothing wrong or out of place with her advice.

[/size]

I live in a flat with my own kitchen and toilet and you see nothing wrong with my wife having to wash and then take it outside to the gutter? You go know people wey dey live for face me I face you by their comments undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by siokpe: 8:45am On May 27, 2016
bbmoringa:
my brother,u dont need the police for this,if u ar lagos based,all u need is to visit the local govt secretariat nearest to you,ask for the legal office that deals with cases relatg to tenant-landlord saga,you will marvel at what would happen next.

This, among others are the reasons why pple are flooding the suburbs to buy their own land. Not all Landlords are bad but many are irrational and wicked. God will guide you and direct you. Hope you are a person of faith? There are some temptations that comes your way that you just have to swallow. That is not to say you are a coward, no. Some of them are diabolic, the heart of evil men are desperately wicked. The Lord will keep you and your family from evil

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by stinggy(m): 8:50am On May 27, 2016
onstelly:

You are not allowed to pray, are you kidding me. Don't wanna ask why you are still in that compound cos you must have some real reasons but that your landlord is evil
Not necessarily evil. People need to learn about noise pollution and control. You can't be disturbing others in the compound because you're praying or holding a fellowship. I'm very sure if he had contained the noise, they landlord wouldn't have any issues with him.
Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by nairalandbuzz(m): 8:59am On May 27, 2016
remele2:

My Sister went to see who was at the door, behold it was the almight LandLord...
He asked her to call the Brother, so my sister ddnt call Me, but called my elder brother.

Now the real matter,,,

My Brother= ahh, sir, what is the Problem? We have been using this gas for years, why did u say we should stop using Gas, if we must stop, then you would have to call a meeting and ask all the tenant to stop using it.
Until then we know you are serious unless there is something u have in your mind that brought you up here,

LandLord= eeehh, so u can talk while am talking dnt worry you are leaving my house once your rent is Due.

He picked up his phone and called the elder brother who stays at the down flat, immediately, that one rushed up, as my brother was about explaining to him... See as my LandLord LAND MY BROTHER BIG SLAP THAT I HAD TO COME OUT. The elder Brother den took away my gas Cylinder and they both left.

I reported the case to the area Police and was giving an officer to go with me, when we got home, knocked at his door, he refused to open the door, so the officer left.
Today again, i went to the station and they had to call him on phone to report to the station.

My good people Of nairaland, i dnt to talk about the police matter now, those once are even another problem, they are just there to collect money, but i will talk about them when diz case is over.

Please i need diz guy and his Brother to pay for diz, even if i will leave the compound, in future,they will never try it with other people. So pls i need your advise on this.
Make una no mind my English oooo, my head no det work for now angry

If you follow this advice...

bbmoringa:
my brother,u dont need the police for this,if u ar lagos based,all u need is to visit the local govt secretariat nearest to you,ask for the legal office that deals with cases relatg to tenant-landlord saga,you will marvel at what would happen next.

You might end up spending 10 years in that house without paying kobo... but remember jazz o... except ur God sure for u
Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by ismayl: 9:09am On May 27, 2016
am a just guy. I can't comment till I hear d landlord version. itvshows the issue ddn't just start now. u didvwrong keepin away whn u actually did rentin. maybe u feel ur brother is d defender of urvfamily and they were prepared for him. however if all u said is d only truth, pack out, lock d door for years. he won't dear break It
Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by neonly: 9:13am On May 27, 2016
I blame buhari for dis
Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by cyprus000: 9:13am On May 27, 2016
hahn:

I live in a flat with my own kitchen and toilet and you see nothing wrong with my wife having to wash and then take it outside to the gutter? You go know people wey dey live for face me I face you by their comments undecided
[size=13pt]
Where I live is none of your business, neither do I need to prove anything to an online entity.

Its overt that your problem is not being a landlord. If you have your personal house and have to spend 50 to 60k in discharging sewage in 2 to
3 months interval, you will stop being crass and reason with your landlord.

Nobody is saying you shouldn't wash dishes in the kitchen, or cloth in your toilet, but it is not apt to release plenty water into the soakaway.

Even it doesn't fill quick. There's log time effect of logging, and when this happens. Be prepared to discharge the soakaway every 2 to 3 week, cos the land will no longer be fit to absorb water. What happens if your landlord don't have enough land space to site another soakaway?

Reason like a house owner and stop being crass.
[/size]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by hopeforcharles(m): 9:16am On May 27, 2016
laikas:
bro na ph u dey. cos na only ikwere peeps de behave like dat.
lol true talk my ikwere landlord want show me pepper but i pass him power, i will never live in a compound that the landlord lives in Ever.
Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by onstelly(f): 9:17am On May 27, 2016
stinggy:

Not necessarily evil. People need to learn about noise pollution and control. You can't be disturbing others in the compound because you're praying or holding a fellowship. I'm very sure if he had contained the noise, they landlord wouldn't have any issues with him.
The person didn't say fellowship but prayer n who makes noise while praying, I have seen landlords so I understand. Do you know my former landlord said no guy with car will come to visit any girl that stays in our Lodge or sleeps over n he has surveillance camera all over the place n monitors our movement? If he sees any next thing he will do is to call his security n they will come to your room with guns n start harassing your visitor. But he later met his match, forget people dey suffer for landlord hand. How are you doing this morning? smiley
Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by hahn(m): 9:19am On May 27, 2016
cyprus000:
[size=13pt]
Where I live is none of your business, neither do I need to prove anything to an online entity.

Its overt that your problem is not being a landlord. If you have your personal house and have to spend 50 to 60k in discharging sewage in 2 to
3 months interval, you will stop being crass and reason with your landlord.

Nobody is saying you shouldn't wash dishes in the kitchen, or cloth in your toilet, but it is not apt to release plenty water into the soakaway.

Even it doesn't fill quick. There's log time effect of logging, and when this happens. Be prepared to discharge the soakaway every 2 to 3 week, cos the land will no longer be fit to absorb water. What happens if your landlord don't have enough land space to site another soakaway?

Reason like a house owner and stop being crass.
[/size]

Is there a way to build the soakaway so that it doesn't develop that problem in the long term?
Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by cyprus000: 9:42am On May 27, 2016
hahn:

Is there a way to build the soakaway so that it doesn't develop that problem in the long term?
[size=13pt]
All soakaway will face same fate so long it is sited on soil.

Three factor determines how long a soakaway last.

*Nature of land its sited( clay soil preferably)

*the size of soakaway

*and the amount of water the soakaway have to deal with.

Note; the last factor has the greatest effect, especially the water chamber, cos the chamber for faeces don't have much problem due to less water it recieves.
If you notice, the chamber for faeces is plastered while that of water is left unplastered in other to aide absorption.
[/size]
Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by LegendaryArnold(m): 9:51am On May 27, 2016
remele2:

Now the real matter,,,

Make una no mind my English oooo, my head no det work for now angry

don't just go to the police station, but also ask for the or in charge of Human Right section. They're better at handling such case.
Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by Makarous(m): 9:53am On May 27, 2016
End-Time Landlord angry
Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by REDDEVILS1(m): 10:21am On May 27, 2016
U and ur elder brother sabi fall hand. Person slap you, you no fit slap am back, if it results to fight, so una no fit fight. U come dey complain here after chopping slap mtcheeeew.

This is Nigeria not Yankee
Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by hahn(m): 10:23am On May 27, 2016
cyprus000:

[size=13pt]
All soakaway will face same fate so long it is sited on soil.

Three factor determines how long a soakaway last.

*Nature of land its sited( clay soil preferably)

*the size of soakaway

*and the amount of water the soakaway have to deal with.

Note; the last factor has the greatest effect, especially the water chamber, cos the chamber for faeces don't have much problem due to less water it recieves.
If you notice, the chamber for faeces is plastered while that of water is left unplastered in other to aide absorption.
[/size]

Hmm. Really enlightening. Thanks.

Will parking a vehicle on the top of the soakaway affect it? My neighbour is pretty touchy whenever someone parks his car on it but the problem is that everyone have their space.

Plus, he parks his car on his own soakaway
Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by Exodusontop(m): 10:24am On May 27, 2016
Almost the same thing this foolish idiot pictured below did to my friend. And trust her, the tenants are dealing with him decisively. read :'please beware of this fraudster' in crime section for detail.

Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by mzjaney(f): 10:27am On May 27, 2016
I had same issue with my landlord during my service year. The man told me he doesn't want cooking gas in his compound. I totally ignored him. Whenever i went to fill the cylinder and he sees me, he will start quarreling saying he has warned me but i wont listen and am too stubborn and all. He kept saying he would give me my remaining rent so i'll leave his house. But he never did. Ignored him till i finished my service.

Some landlord's are just crazy.
Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by alexmaye(m): 10:32am On May 27, 2016
well my advice is 4 u 2 take it easy nd just watch his nxt move*sum lanlord dy fear tenant wey no dy talk*be sure 2 be on alert wen he makes his move.
Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by greatman247(m): 10:35am On May 27, 2016
U guys have not hear from the landlord before taking sides and advising. I don't judge until I hear from both sides. I know some landlords are pain in the ass but some tenants might be terrible too. They usually say things so sweet to the ears to their favour.
Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by tranxo(m): 10:38am On May 27, 2016
Billiondoe:
I believe there is LAGOS TENANCY LAW. That's the the best way to go about it.

Sorry case is when your Landlord marries a third wife but refuses to repair the pumping machine. grin grin grin
lol indeed
Re: My Landlord Just Acted What I See In Movies To My Face by seunajia: 11:28am On May 27, 2016
glossy6:
If your landlord did not state in his agreement that gas cookers are prohibited, then you have a case. Even at that, you can sue him for assault

How can you even say "gas cookers are prohibited"??

What kind of cowboys are we breeding in that country?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Best Residential Estates In Abuja / Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? / 200 Houses To Go As Wike Orders Demolition Of Abuja Village For Presidential Plo

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.