Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,095 members, 7,880,423 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:58 PM

Dogara Pushed Sharia Bill Through Second Reading Quietly - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dogara Pushed Sharia Bill Through Second Reading Quietly (24182 Views)

Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading / Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate / Sharia Bill: Speaker Dogara Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dogara Pushed Sharia Bill Through Second Reading Quietly by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 27, 2016
HammerTheirPapa:
So the Abookies are now quietly pushing bills that are anti-south and anti-christian? While southern senators are just sitting there looking like foools?
tell ur senators to push for a xtian court too. The speaker knows people like u will try to misinterpret the situation
Re: Dogara Pushed Sharia Bill Through Second Reading Quietly by DerKaiser: 2:03pm On May 27, 2016
OkoNDOoBo:

Flat head with compressed br***

Where did u get ur stats from.

The biggest church in Nigeria ,Africa and world today re owned by the yorubas.
RCCG
MFM
WINNERS
AOG
E.t.c
Re u telling ur flat head IPOD mothers re only one worshipping in this churches.

Can u compare the congregation of all this churches with any muslim society in Nigeria

Not that you are not re.tarded and s.tupid enough with your comment above but I want to correct a notion.

The biggest church in Nigeria remains the Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.

The fact that they do not litter the entire environment with crusade and miracle posters, does not mean that they aren't there.

Besides in your so called Pentecostal and miracle churches you listed, Igbos and other ethnicities from the core south make up a significant amount of their membership.

The yoruba christian is a dying breed and in the not so distant future, would become a unicorn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dogara Pushed Sharia Bill Through Second Reading Quietly by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 27, 2016
amsad19:
sometimes I used to wonder is there no Muslims in southern part of the country? it really pains to see people rushing to conclusion without even knowing what they are discussing about. There is sharia law in all our universities. In the north and some parts of yoruba land , there are cases that the constitutional courts cannot provide justice. So giving sharia courts powwer doesn't mean Islamising naija.

If I start pushing for a biblical court where matters that the state cannot provide justice as it relates to my religion, and I want it nationwide, embedded in the constitution. would you give your support?
Re: Dogara Pushed Sharia Bill Through Second Reading Quietly by abubkhr: 2:32pm On May 27, 2016
See this stupid people who says Sharia is for ignorants like you. Please do concentrate on your modern christianity if you believe in Jesus and stop wasting your time on something you dont have power to stop.
Re: Dogara Pushed Sharia Bill Through Second Reading Quietly by dictbennie(m): 3:16pm On May 27, 2016
agabusta:
Who will save southern Christians of islamization paranoia?? Especially those from the SE.

They will soon come here now and be raising alarm, while failing to take note of some germane points:

1. No matter how ridiculous a bill is, the house will receive it and work on it, so far it has proponents. Working on it does not mean it will scale all the legislative stages. But only depicts democratic tendencies, which gives voice to everyone.

2. The Speaker is a Christian.

3. Any bill that will include changes to the constitution must go through all the State Houses of Assembly.

4. The Bill also has to be passed by the Senate, which has equal representation across the states of the federation. E.g. A small Ekiti/Bayelsa has same number of senators with big Lagos/Kano.

5. The content of the said bill is the most important thing and this media outlet purposely left that one out in order to sensationalize the news.

6.Another way the writer purposely sensationalize the report is in the title. Instead of saying "The bill is about the Sharia Court of Appeal" cunningly said "Pro-Sharia Bill".

Our media outlets need to exercise a high level of professionalism at this time, otherwise they will soon cause a big kasala.

I'm sure some shallow heads will soon come and tag me a muslim.

Lagos is not big, it only has population........ Bayelsa is 3 times the size of Lagos please..
Re: Dogara Pushed Sharia Bill Through Second Reading Quietly by bezimo(m): 3:41pm On May 27, 2016
TeamSimple:
I am not here to give you cheap popularity. But
Free yourself from the thought. No one is' Islamizing ' Nigeria. We can't all practice Islam or Christianity.
All the adjectives you use in qualifying Allah doesn't get to him or annoy me, because you can only harm yourself out of ignorance. People like you are bound to be present, so I am not offended.

The issue of death, buhari is the last person on earth to think he will leave forever. As a good Muslim, he knows his death might come at anytime. You don't scare a Muslim with death, something that's inevitable and decreed upon man at a fixed time.
You might even die before the president.

Who is looking for popularity, for what? take your nonsense argument to the garbage.You are the one ignorant here but offcourse you dont know it like the typical Muslim.Allah is a blood sucking demon siting in the Arabian desert. There is no argument about that. How I wish you would see the truth.

Buhari is not the first Muslim president to go before his tenure is over. It has happened before in this country when a President began to feel he can do and undo.The Living God of heaven would soon step in.I guess a large portion of Nigerians would heave a sigh of relief should Osinbajo take over.

I cannot and refuse to die rather I transfer the curse of untimely death to you and your house hold forever whether you want it or not.

1 Like

Re: Dogara Pushed Sharia Bill Through Second Reading Quietly by bezimo(m): 3:52pm On May 27, 2016
Pastor Bosun exposed the grand plan of islamization before the 2015 election, he was called names, sorry to say even me was skeptical then when I first heard it.

Apostle Sulieman spoke by Prophecy that there is a grand plan to islamise Nigeria.He was abused and insulted.

Now we see the subtle fulfilment of the Islamic Agenda.Yet some folks cannot see the big picture behind the intentions.

El rufai bill regulating Christianity.
The grazing bill to spread fulani influence all over
The sharia expansion bill

Are all a little part of the grand plan.Yet some folks cant see as if they have covenant with blindness.May the Lord God continue to frustrate the Islamic foot soldiers and their demonic agenda.
Re: Dogara Pushed Sharia Bill Through Second Reading Quietly by cococandy(f): 4:27pm On May 27, 2016
Oh pls shut up
agabusta:
Who will save southern Christians of islamization paranoia?? Especially those from the SE.

They will soon come here now and be raising alarm, while failing to take note of some germane points:

1. No matter how ridiculous a bill is, the house will receive it and work on it, so far it has proponents. Working on it does not mean it will scale all the legislative stages. But only depicts democratic tendencies, which gives voice to everyone.

3. Any bill that will include changes to the constitution must go through all the State Houses of Assembly.

4. The Bill also has to be passed by the Senate, which has equal representation across the states of the federation. E.g. A small Ekiti/Bayelsa has same number of senators with big Lagos/Kano.

5. The content of the said bill is the most important thing and this media outlet purposely left that one out in order to sensationalize the news.

6.Another way the writer purposely sensationalize the report is in the title. Instead of saying "The bill is about the Sharia Court of Appeal" cunningly said "Pro-Sharia Bill".

Our media outlets need to exercise a high level of professionalism at this time, otherwise they will soon cause a big kasala.

Re: Dogara Pushed Sharia Bill Through Second Reading Quietly by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 27, 2016
cococandy:
Oh pls shut up
ain't he telling d truth?
Re: Dogara Pushed Sharia Bill Through Second Reading Quietly by tomdon(m): 4:52pm On May 27, 2016
Oche211:

wetin dis one dey talk/yarn. i neva knew u mumu reach this level.
Infact, ur romance with stupidity is legendary abi na night e dey receive full network ni?

what's the difference between his comment and yours pls??
Re: Dogara Pushed Sharia Bill Through Second Reading Quietly by lorRhyMeZ: 5:03pm On May 27, 2016
Nigerians and religion...may God deliver u pple.
Re: Dogara Pushed Sharia Bill Through Second Reading Quietly by blackpanda: 5:27pm On May 27, 2016
Godgay:
is there a Christian counterpart of sharia law that is ruling the south?the last time i check religion is separate from the state.

Yea but unfortunately our constitution is contradictory. It says nigeria is secular in one part. But it also recognises sharia in another
Re: Dogara Pushed Sharia Bill Through Second Reading Quietly by blackpanda: 5:30pm On May 27, 2016
nike4love:

Senior advocate of almajiri, this devilish bill will never succeed not in naija,no never.....
Grazing reserve bill
Importing grass bill
Sharia bill....

Is this the problem of nigeria
Is that how to diversify naija economy
Is that hw to save our dying economy

Thousands re loosing there jobs and ppl re suffering and all you could spend ur energy and time to defend this morning is
This garbage sharia shiT
Smh for u all......

Am not supporting anything. I was stating a fact. Pls read ur constitution before u start to show misplaced anger on d wrong person. No be me write constitution biko
Re: Dogara Pushed Sharia Bill Through Second Reading Quietly by blackpanda: 5:34pm On May 27, 2016
Faith111:

Pump Price? Yes it will cos ND will refine crude themselves as seen from the local refineries in the creeks.

Employment? Yes cos the
East will focus on production of goods and commerce.

The North will focus on crop farming and cattle rearing...

South will focus on Cocoa farming and rendering professional services...

The ND will focus on drilling and refining its Crude...

We will do better this way.

Yea but following what u said. If u withold ur oil, why shld I keep giving u my onions, yam and meat
And more importantly, those illegal refineries in nd contribute zilch to national quota. They are simply siphoned abroad to enrich private pockets. If the militants are truly fighting for nd cause, then pls show me one school or hospital they have built with all the money they siphoned from govt. Dont be naive. Blowing pipeline has nothing to do with nd development
Re: Dogara Pushed Sharia Bill Through Second Reading Quietly by Faith111: 5:41pm On May 27, 2016
blackpanda:

Yea but following what u said. If u withold ur oil, why shld I keep giving u my onions, yam and meat
And more importantly, those illegal refineries in nd contribute zilch to national quota. They are simply siphoned abroad to enrich private pockets. If the militants are truly fighting for nd cause, then pls show me one school or hospital they have built with all the money they siphoned from govt. Dont be naive. Blowing pipeline has nothing to do with nd development

We all have what it takes to live independent of each other. We'll buy onions from you and you'll buy petrol from us But we still have control over our resources. Isn't that nice? We will live in Peace and everyone will develop his region.
We will create employment opportunities for our youths and you'll do same.

The NDA's responsibility is not to provide education right now but to fight for Our right.
Re: Dogara Pushed Sharia Bill Through Second Reading Quietly by agabusta: 5:45pm On May 27, 2016
dictbennie:

Lagos is not big, it only has population........ Bayelsa is 3 times the size of Lagos please..

Oga, representation is not based on landmass. It is based on population as is the case with House of Rep, while each state has equal representation in the Senate. Exactly my point in that piece.
Re: Dogara Pushed Sharia Bill Through Second Reading Quietly by blackpanda: 5:47pm On May 27, 2016
Faith111:

We all have what it takes to live independent of each other. We'll buy onions from you and you'll buy petrol from us But we still have control over our resources. Isn't that nice? We will live in Peace and everyone will develop his region.

The NDA's responsibility is not to provide education right now but to fight for Our right.

Ok. Enjoy ur delusion
Re: Dogara Pushed Sharia Bill Through Second Reading Quietly by Faith111: 5:53pm On May 27, 2016
blackpanda:

Ok. Enjoy ur delusion

Thanks
Re: Dogara Pushed Sharia Bill Through Second Reading Quietly by cosade(m): 9:18pm On May 27, 2016
Demmzy15:
Shariah is for only Muslims, Christians and other religions cannot be judged by the Shariah. That aside, Yoruba Muslims have been clamoring for Shariah even before the north. In essence, Shariah deals with almost every aspect of a Muslim, from his eating, wearing of cloths, entering toilets, etc

If shariah is truly for only Muslims, so how do you explain all these cases:

Ese Oruru v Sharia Hisbah Commission

Ese Oruru was taken away by one Yunusa Dahiru from her home in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State to Kano in August 2015 while she was still 13 years old and without the knowledge of her parents. While in Kano she was forced into marriage, converted to Islam and her name changed to Aisha.For months, efforts by the young girl’s parents to get their child back from Yunusa and the Kanohe District head of Kura, Sharia Hisbah Commission proved abortive, no action was taken until media attention was drawn to it. Ese held at the Palace of the Emir of Kano was discovered to be 5 months Pregnant after eight months captitity.
Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/my-role-on-ese-orurus-abduction-saga-emir-of-kano-2/

Rita Chinedu Ukeje V Sharia

Madam Jessy Ukeje, a 77-year-old grandmother from Eluoma Uzuakoli in Bende Local government area of Abia State, is in pains her granddaughter was given out in marriage by a top official of Zaria City Local Government area, without the consent of her family.Rita, an SS 3 student of Top Spring Secondary School, Zaria, Kaduna State, was abducted by a commercial bus driver, called Usman, who held her captive in his home, denying her the chance of sitting for the Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) she had enrolled for.

Few weeks later, she stated, the council chief, who took her to his home and promised to make her available for settlement with the family, allegedly gave her out in marriage to Usman. The incident happened in Damagaji area of Zaria in Kaduna State, even as every effort made by the family to rescue the teenage girl from the clutches of her abductors have met with stiff resistance from the kidnappers. They took her into captivity after undergoing their Muslim rituals of bathing and feeding her with concoction as a way of turning her into a Muslim.

Then, they gave her to somebody to marry without the consent and knowledge of her parents. This is certainly against religion and against tradition

Mama Jessy, who could not hold back tears while narrating the abduction of the girl in her house in Eluoma Uzuakoli, alleged further that the girl’s abductors are after Rita’s mother, Joy Ihedinma Ukeje, for insisting that Rita must be sent back to her. She alleged that they had been sending assassins to her, forcing her to quickly run back to Uzuakoli from Zaria after several attempts on her life.
http://www.sunnewsonline.ng/another-15-year-old-girl-rita-chinedu-ukeje-abducted-given-out-in-marriage-by-islamists/

Ifeoma Nichodemus v he Sharia Court Kaduna

IFEOMA, now Aisha, is the daughter of Mr. Ndubuisi Nichodemus. She was living with her parents, in the midst of the Hausa community in Zaria, Kaduna State, until May, 2014. On that fateful evening, Ifeoma had left the house in protest against the authority of her moth­er to question her for returning late to the house on the day. She simply walked out of her parents’ compound into a neighbour’s house, and since 21 months ago to be precise, the family is yet to set their eyes on her. Ifeoma, now 16, have been converted to Islam and married off. The Sharia Court handling the mat­ter keeps adjourning the case and as a result, we are still where we were last year”
Speaking during an interview then, Ndubuisi Nichodemus, resident of Sabon-Gari, Zaria, Kaduna State, who appealed to the authorities concerned, to help rescue his daughter, allegedly in the custody of another man since 2014, said her daughter had come home late on that fateful day and felt, as responsible par­ents, she should be scolded
http://www.sunnewsonline.ng/father-of-igbo-girl-abducted-in-zaria-cries-out-says-i-want-my-daughter-back/

Charity v Sharia Court Minna

MINNA—MISS Charity (Aisha) Uzoechina, the lady that was allegedly forced to convert to Islam and kept in the palace of Etsu Nupe, Alhaji Yahaya Abubakar, for the past four months, will remain with the monarch until September 17. Charity cannot be released by the Emir to either the parents or anybody until the case instituted by Charity is vacated by the Sharia court in Bida, Niger State. The Sharia court kept adjourning the case the lawyer who handles her controversial case in Sharia court makes arrangement to marry her without the consent of her parents, but the Niger state Government called it off.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/charity-uzoechina-to-remain-with-etsu-nupe-till-sept-17/
Re: Dogara Pushed Sharia Bill Through Second Reading Quietly by Psylas(m): 3:26am On May 28, 2016
Faith111:

something is wrong there, they don't buy fuel from you, Nigerian government is in charge of the fuel and sells it to everyone with the same price all over the country, but the oniun/farm stuff is private, Nigerian government is not in charge, anyone can have farm, sell onion and take the money, for example.... Onion is Bayelsa is 4 times costlier than one of the states in the North
Re: Dogara Pushed Sharia Bill Through Second Reading Quietly by coolscott(m): 5:51am On May 28, 2016
agabusta:

I am not Igbo but it is one of the saddest eventualities to evolve in this administration, that it was actually true that a Buhari presidency will try to further an islamisation agenda.
During last year's (2015's) election campaign, I relegated these accusations in my mind to things a rival campaign would say in the heat of competition to get the other side down.
It is one of the saddest revelations today that those accusations were true as the administration could not resist taking visible, and sometimes fraudulent but determined moves, towards achieving this goal (even for the sake of stamping those accusations as false).

I have recently said that the problem is not that we have a northern president. The problem is that we have a disastrously divisive northern personality as a president because even if we had someone like IBB in power, it is very unlikely from his antecedence that he will fall into the folly of supporting herdsmen by ensuring no one of them is caught as they kill in various areas around the country, then declare that they are not Hausa Fulani killing but Libyans, and then seriously push for the creation of lands for Fulani across the country as a solution to the alleged Libyans who are allegedly responsible for invading and killing in our country.

Truly, even if we had Atiku as president, it is highly unlikely he would have such thoughts, much less put so much effort into making these imaginations a reality.

Of course someone like Ibrahim Shekarau would probably have been far from this.

Knowing the nature of our country and still consciously trying to push these things Buhari is believed to be behind, I say Mr. Buhari would have effectively diminished or erased whatever legend he previously earned as a leader, before he finishes his tenure. I think he may have already diminished all of it in the eyes of many and he's 90% there for others

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Struck By Sudden Stroke--rushed To England For Intensive Care / Sky News Describes Peter Obi As The 'Antidote To Big Man-ism' / Akpabio Stops El-Rufai From Addressing ‘Strong Petition’ On Kaduna Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.