Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,159 members, 7,946,918 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 09:27 AM

Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September - Sports (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September (45501 Views)

Poll: Who wins this match?

Nigeria: 84% (162 votes)
Tunisia: 8% (17 votes)
Draw: 6% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Tunisia (1 - 1) On 22nd January 2016 / Nigeria Vs Tunisia (4 - 2): Semi-Final U-17 AFCON On Wednesday 24 April 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tunisia : Basketball Olympics 2012: 60 - 56 On 29th July 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by utosco(m): 2:17pm On Sep 07, 2009
Is it possible for the whole team to be disbanded?
I would really like that because they really messed up yesterday and spoiled my day
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by kabola2009(m): 2:38pm On Sep 07, 2009
cry embarassed sad shocked, I will neither blame the coach nor the players cos' the damage has been done already. All i want now is to leave the entire team alone to finish their dirty job they have started.
To all Nigerians that are hypertensive, Please never you try to watch super eagles, (did i say super eagles?), any how, I beg no watch their match again! Please we can avoid to loss any one at this moment that we have lost a real gem
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by naso2(m): 2:41pm On Sep 07, 2009
The Tunisian coach had a formular that was too confusing for Amodu to understand let alone counter.

I blame Amodu 100% for the loss. Amodu said  before the match that the boys are professionals hence should know what to do as if the tunisians who are professionals as well do not have a Coach.

Coaching is like training a child , Charity they say begins at home. A good coach would correct most of the defeciences of his team in training and not wait for the big occassion for emergency measures. But a bad coach will not even know where the problems are. A bad coach will not be honest with his players , but will be talking like a politician just as  Amodu does.

Making changes though a measure allowed by the rules for correction of defects , is not supposed to be a coach's first and only option in a match. There are  lots of things a coach can correct in the team even without making changes. Nigeria started and ended the game with a faulty marking style. But i doubt if amodu noticed.

Although I will blame Taye taiwo (for not keeping tab on his man for the second goal), I do not think the defense was our main problem yesterday. The defensive midfield was none existent. Olofijana and kalu uche were  not just working, and  were causing the defense to be under tremendous pressure. Mikel though average at least was instrumental to the second goal.

The presidential task force is another failure where educated people think like like children, they narrowed motivation for players that are already millionaires in dollars to just raising winning bonuses. What a shame.

Amodu should have been sacked long ago, but I know the NFF , they just need the heat to subside and you will hear that they will sink or swim with AMODU.

This team reminds me of chelsea under Scolari.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by omar22(m): 2:49pm On Sep 07, 2009
This team reminds me of chelsea under Scolari

Do Portugal miss Scolari? Oh yes

Ans: well it seems like both naija and Portugal would be watching the world cup from home
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by merge(f): 2:50pm On Sep 07, 2009
mikeansy:

who do I know what?

That Siasia will be the SE coach for the reminding matchs.

If that happens, I would be very happy
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by BinghiNya(m): 3:09pm On Sep 07, 2009
Nigeria lost to Tunisia in Lagos in 1977. Nigeria has crashed out nuff times at home its not the case of where the match was played. Tunisia has a better pedigree than Nigeria wrt World Cup qualifiers.Nigeria didn't dserve to win at all. Our keeper was rounded on 2 occasions, a better striker would have converted those chances. Tunisia will beat kenya and Mozambique even if Messi plays for the mentioned countries.
Cameroon will make it to SA, they will surely roast gabon on wednesday and equally beat Togo in Yaounde.The 5 finalists for Africa will be

Algeria
Tunisia
Cameroon
Ghana
Cote d'Ivoire

Nigeria stopped being a super power when they failed to go to SA96.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by sleekymag(m): 3:17pm On Sep 07, 2009
Good result for the Super Eagles. Putting hopes on a dead squad that lacks real passion to excel, can be suicidal. They've been a bunch of celebrated mediocres, At least for now, the real African footballers that we can pray for are Ivory Coast and Ghana.

Putting Siasia now might just not be good; let him concentrate on the Under-21 World Cup he's preparing for, and try his best to succeed. Leave Amodu Shuaibu alone to his fate with the remaining two matches. If Nigeria gets lucky and qualifies for the world cup (which i doubt), Amodu could then be sacked, cos he's the leader of the current mediocre Super Eagles, and Siasia brought in to lead the guys to the 2010 World Cup.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Princek12(m): 3:18pm On Sep 07, 2009
The memory of the Tunisian equalizer still makes me cringe. God! It will be a disgrace if Nigeria fails to qualify for a World Cup that will be played on African soil.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by galatico(m): 3:19pm On Sep 07, 2009
The Nigerian team played like pregnant women!!!
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by galatico(m): 3:22pm On Sep 07, 2009
Even if the Tunisians where without a coah they would have even survived !!! Cuz those Super Chicken are too useless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by omar22(m): 3:24pm On Sep 07, 2009
Nigeria lost to Tunisia in Lagos in 1977. Nigeria has crashed out nuff times at home its not the case of where the match was played. Tunisia has  a better pedigree than Nigeria wrt World Cup qualifiers.Nigeria didn't dserve to win at all. Our keeper was rounded on 2 occasions, a better striker would have converted those chances. Tunisia will beat kenya and Mozambique even if Messi plays for the mentioned countries.
Cameroon will make it to SA, they will surely roast gabon on wednesday and equally beat Togo in Yaounde.The 5 finalists for Africa will be

Algeria
Tunisia
Cameroon
Ghana
Cote d'Ivoire

Nigeria stopped being  a super power when they failed to go to SA96.

The Gospel truth is your right,

The first glimps of other nations catching up against Nigeria when we lost to Mali at Nigeria 99 and when we struggled to get past senegal Nation's cup in 2000, still we believed that we are a World beater! Through bribery and cheating we found ourselves at the 2002 world cup, Nigeria has players who are more concerned about their next contract than getting injured for the national team that shows no loyalty to them, sometimes I don’t blame the players because of the way the NFA treated Thompson Oliha when he got injured during a Nigerian game, but on the other hand I still couldn’t get the fact that we have a failed manager who had failed in the past, no sane member would hire such manager, its like England hiring Steve Maclaren again after he failed to lead the to Euro 2008, now I would have to face the Ghanaians again, listening to them reminding me that Nigeria is now inferior to them I cant argue knowing that they beat us with 10 men at the last nation’s cup last year
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by jamace(m): 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2009
Some commentries  by the duo of Shina Abimbola and Kelechi Onwudiwe worth noting during the game:

"Nigeria is playing with fire momentarily there, but fire refused to burn them"  {about 20 minutes into First Half}

"The time Nigeria scored the stadium was electrified. But when Tunisia equalised, the stadium was dead silent; as silent as the graveyard"

"Leaflets were distributed today telling Nigerians to keep cheering no matter what happens, but since that goal was scored, Nigerians seem to have ignored the instruction on that vital piece of paper"

"Enyeama in black and red, quite unlike a Nigerian kit. Lets hope the kit will give Nigeria good luck"

"But what is wrong with Mikel Obi. He lost that ball"

"I think all Nigerian problems are coming from the midfield. They have not been supplying the needed passes to make things happen"

"That was a bullet there, if there is anything like that. Taiye Taiwo gave a left- footed bullet shot which would have caused damage to any opponent on a good day"

"The Tunisian Eagles are doing what our own eagles are supposed to do. They look more super than our super eagles"

"1 - 1 suites them nicely, but 1- 1 is a nightmare to Nigerians as far as South Africa 2010 is concerned"

"I think this Obi (Mikel) may be good when playing for Chelsea, but I don't think I can vouch for him when it comes to playing for the Green Eagles"

When Tunisia equalised 2-2 , the commentator, Shina Abimbola instead of shouting a G-O-A-L laughed "Ha-ha-ha-ha" before shouting "WA-HA-LA, WA-HA-LA" cheesy  cheesy

"I don't know when Nigeria is going to wisen up. Any time they are in the lead, they concede a cheap goal. I don't know. I don't know"

Finally, when the referee blasted the final whistle , Shina Abimbola asked  Kelechi Onwudiwe to comment on the match. Initially, Kelechi Onwudiwe hesitated commenting but came up with this  comment, "If you really ask me to comment, I will say this is a sad tale"  grin  grin

IT IS A SAD TALE INDEED!!
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Ibime(m): 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2009
omar22:

Through bribery and cheating we found ourselves at the 2002 world cup

Do you think Angola did not bribe Rwanda to get through to 2006 WC? My best mate is Angolan and his cousin (now incarcerated) was the Chief of Intelligence in Rwanda. He told my mate explicitly that he paid the Rwandans for Angola to make it through to WC 2006.

As for SiaSia, we need to get him in ASAP to use this time to build the squad for Angola 2009.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by chidyke77(m): 3:58pm On Sep 07, 2009
I just dream of Nigeria when we wl hav a president like Fashola(lagos state governor)as president of Nigeria.,Orji uzor kalu as the sports minister.,Segun odegbemi as NFF chairman.,Samson siasia as the super eagles head coach and JJ okocha,John fashanu and some other ones that i could remember their names as members of the NFF.
Just imagine how our sports and football especially will look like.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by surugede(m): 4:02pm On Sep 07, 2009
if u guy like make una kill unaself, the SE have ALREADY collected their $10.000 that translate to N1.54Million each.
hw much did drogba and co collect to qualify, hw much did essen and mutari collect.
it pains that the country where i come from, its all about the benjamins, too bad our lectutres are still on strike
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by merge(f): 4:03pm On Sep 07, 2009
Lets have hope

SE will get better  grin

Maybe not now but they will  cheesy
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by NobleOnye(f): 4:04pm On Sep 07, 2009
I fink Mikel is very useless in the Nigerian team, wonder how he gt into chelsea's first eleven!, tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by merge(f): 4:05pm On Sep 07, 2009
surugede:

if u guy like make una kill unaself, the SE have ALREADY collected their $10.000 that translate to N1.54Million each.
hw much did drogba and co collect to qualify, hw much did essen and mutari collect.
it pains that the country where i come from, its all about the benjamins, too bad our lectutres are still on strike

Is that true?  shocked
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by semid4lyfe(m): 4:08pm On Sep 07, 2009
Abegiii, U guys should cut Amodu some slack jare.

A coach can only go as far as issuing instructions on how to play to his players ~ I mean he won't get on the pitch and play for them. Coaches all over the world have been known to berate their players for not delivering on the pitch of play and IMO,that was clearly the case yesterday.

Must a striker be told to shoot at goal when in front of the post?
Must Taiye Taiwo be told to close mark a striker and run with that striker when he made a run to free himself?
Must Adeleye be told to pick up a striker who had beaten taiye taiwo with a clever run?
(Watch the replay of the 2nd goal by the tunisians & y'all will see Taiye and Adeleye ran to cover the post instead of charging at that tunisian striker). Simple judgemental error, if u ask me. The mere presence of a dèfender would have put pressure on that striker and forced him to pass the ball into open play or at most he'll have gotten a corner.

Finally, Must a coach tell his players to hold the ball and stiffle out the opposition 5 minutes to the end of the game?
The answer is N0.

Our players with the exception of OSAZE were just too immobile on the day.They all expected the ball to be placed at their feet and never made runs into open spaces to free themselves like the tunisians did.

All these things are elementary things in football and pros don't need to be told these things by a coach.

Finally, finally - for that second goal,I blame
1. The player who passed the ball to Kanu when he had clearly been closed down by two tunisian players(think it was Nsfor-not sure). He had other options like passing back to the goalkeeper, taiwo or adeleye. Root cause of the 2nd goal IMO.
2. Kanu for loosing the ball. A little more ingenuity and he could have wriggled himself out of that tight situation.
3. Taiwo for loosing a player he should have been marking( and running to cover the post when he should have been charging at that striker)
4. And Adeleye running to cover the post when he should
have been picking up on that striker.

Make una just leave sports ministry, N.F.F out of this one becos the little successes we have achieved in football has been with the same bad sports administration.

Blame Amodu for lack of playing formation, bad team selection if u will, but to me it was clearly a case of the players (with the exception of osaze) failing to deliver.

Yes, I agree there was no tactical formation but we could still have fumbled and wumbled and gotten the desired result yesterday.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by boomlogics: 4:14pm On Sep 07, 2009
The only thing that went wrong in yesterday match was that we don't have a creative midfielder.

They should leave Mikel alone to play the defensive role and look for an offensive and creative midfielder. WE HAVE NOT GOTTEN JAY JAY OKOCHA'S replacement.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by rasputinn(m): 4:16pm On Sep 07, 2009
semid4lyfe:

Cut him some slack you say,how 'bout cutting off some portion of that his kponmo mouth he uses to talk trash regularly  angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by bydot1(m): 4:29pm On Sep 07, 2009
hehe, u re funny cheesy
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by naso2(m): 4:29pm On Sep 07, 2009
boomlogics:

The only thing that went wrong in yesterday match was that we don't have a creative midfielder.

They should leave Mikel alone to play the defensive role and look for an offensive and creative midfielder. WE HAVE NOT GOTTEN JAY JAY OKOCHA'S replacement.

Thank you, I do not know how else we have to explain it to this dumb coach that olofijana has no business in that team. Play mikel  in SE exactly the way he plays in Chelsea as a defensive midfielder. Get another midfielder to play upfront in fact I will favour lukman Haruna (Not Rabiu Ibrahim) for this role.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by bydot1(m): 4:36pm On Sep 07, 2009
Abeg, where is AYILA?
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 07, 2009
by.dot:

Abeg, where is AYILA?
Abeg help me ask.
How come that stupid shitty olofinjana keeps getting into the team,and ayila doesn't/
Ayila played a couple f seasons in the CL.
Olofinjana isin the nether regions of the EPL.
they said Ayila was injured.
How long will he be injured?
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Ben13: 4:52pm On Sep 07, 2009
do we still call 'em super eagles? sad
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by ekeroyal(m): 4:59pm On Sep 07, 2009
I truly thank GOD for the match well played. I praise the Tunisians for showing a never say die attitude, if they keep on playing like this they could play in the finals of the SA2010. I also appreciate the efforts of Amodu and CO. They issued instructions and wouldn't go to play in the pitch for us to gain victory.

With proper planning we will host the junior world cup with players who are really junior and monitor them as they grow in men to raise the Nigerian football to the level it is supposed to be.

We do not need weak men to continue wearing our jerseys again in the name of super eagles. Yesterdays game was a clear revelation that Nigerians are poor. Instead of facing the business of the day the players were already celebrating a money they have not finished working for. After all are they supposed to be paid excessive amount of money to qualify for a world cup?

Let square pegs be in square holes.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by naso2(m): 5:01pm On Sep 07, 2009
semid4lyfe:

A coach can only go as far as issuing instructions on how to play to his players ~ I mean he won't get on the pitch and play for them. Coaches all over the world have been known to berate their players for not delivering on the pitch of play and IMO,that was clearly the case yesterday.

Must a striker be told to shoot at goal when in front of the post?
Must Taiye Taiwo be told to close mark a striker and run with that striker when he made a run to free himself?
Must Adeleye be told to pick up a striker who had beaten taiye taiwo with a clever run?
(Watch the replay of the 2nd goal by the tunisians & y'all will see Taiye and Adeleye ran to cover the post instead of charging at that tunisian striker). Simple judgemental error, if u ask me. The mere presence of a dèfender would have put pressure on that striker and forced him to pass the ball into open play or at most he'll have gotten a corner.

Finally, Must a coach tell his players to hold the ball and stiffle out the opposition 5 minutes to the end of the game?
The answer is N0.

Our players with the exception of OSAZE were just too immobile on the day.They all expected the ball to be placed at their feet and never made runs into open spaces to free themselves like the tunisians did.

All these things are elementary things in football and pros don't need to be told these things by a coach.

Finally, finally - for that second goal,I blame
1. The player who passed the ball to Kanu when he had clearly been closed down by two tunisian players(think it was Nsfor-not sure). He had other options like passing back to the goalkeeper, taiwo or adeleye. Root cause of the 2nd goal IMO.
2. Kanu for loosing the ball. A little more ingenuity and he could have wriggled himself out of that tight situation.
3. Taiwo for loosing a player he should have been marking( and running to cover the post when he should have been charging at that striker)
4. And Adeleye running to cover the post when he should
have been picking up on that striker.

Make una just leave sports ministry, N.F.F out of this one becos the little successes we have achieved in football has been with the same bad sports administration.

Blame Amodu for lack of playing formation, bad team selection if u will, but to me it was clearly a case of the players (with the exception of osaze) failing to deliver.

Yes, I agree there was no tactical formation but we could still have fumbled and wumbled and gotten the desired result yesterday.

A coach led a team to battle with a strategy that  failed and you are saying it was not his fault. We have virtually fumbled and wumbled to get all the results under Amodu's leadership since this campaign started. If a coach will not help define the team then let him refund the salary and go home. Abi na only Nigerians God create?

All these mistakes you pointed out that led to the late equaliser by Tunisia were made over and over from the beginning to the end of the match, we were only lucky the Tunisians did not take their earlier chances. Remember the penalty?.  If a coach  finds his team playing this badly from the beginning of a  crucial match of this maginitude, Is he not supposed to give them the strategy to correct the lapses?

Why do you think  teams assemble players days before a match of this kind, is it to just mark register and kick the ball around? Is it not for mental,physical and tactical conditioning? Whose reponsibility is that?

Which  NFF are you talking about?

Is this same NFF that left out siasia (a coach that was ranked  15th in the world by FIFA last year  ) without a job and gave all coaching Jobs in the country to mediocre coaches.

Is it the same NFF that found it too difficult to replace Ladan Bosso until they were  harassed by Nigerians to do so?

Is it the same NFF that has been blindly praising Amodu until we got to this mess of permutation again?

Abeg Oga make we talk true the wey things  be.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by ommo(m): 6:00pm On Sep 07, 2009
It is IRONIC that a bunch of EGOCENTRIC, SELFISH, MEDIOCRE and lack of focus players who call themselves SUPER CHICKENS could not beat a DETERMINE, SELFLESS, FOCUS TUNISIAN TEAM. I remember tell my colleagues in ABJ immediately after the draws that we might be disgrace by this Tunisian team, and they asked me to hold my peace, that it can never happen.

I knew this will happen, because of the collection of hasbeens we have who can not hold their own when it matters. These so call super chickens still Thinks we are in the 19th century when matches are won base on name and past glories. These players have really not learnt their lesson yet after the African cup disaster. After winning against teams like Guinea Bissau and Sierra Leone, they think , they have arrived. They seriously lack focus and are all selfish (excluding Osaze), patriotism does not flow in their blood. Some of them think, they are better than there whole country (MIKEL).

Look at the Black Stars of Ghana, when they play, you see the determination in them. They all want to achieve something for their country and themselves, not like the majority of super chicken players who think their on top of the world. Mikel virtually started with Messi, see where Messi is now, some small success he achieved in Chelsea has entered his head. Recently, i travelled and met a Ghanaian whom i engaged in sport discussion with, and when we started talking about the Nigerian senior national team, the first question he asked me was, why do we still use MIKEL, because he sees lack of commitment in him anytime his playing for the national team. I actually, did not dispute what he said, i only said i don't know why he is still being given a call up.

Today, the Black Stars have qualified with two round of matches left to go, that is how winners are made of .

Thank GOD the TUNISIAN TEAM were FASTING, if not it will have been DISASTER
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by omar22(m): 6:09pm On Sep 07, 2009
Do you think Angola did not bribe Rwanda to get through to 2006 WC?

Angola paid Rwanda to do their best against Nigeria, they also promise Algeria money if they beat Nigeria

is far different to Nigeria paying Ghana money when we are going to play them
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by RuuDie(m): 6:16pm On Sep 07, 2009
@ semid4lyfe,

i believe u guy. . . .  all d time na coach dey hang, 4 1ce make players too hang sef!

Did u see Dunga open his mouth to talk thru-out the Argentina-Brazil game So the fact that Amodu didn't talk doesn't change anything.

This our useless players; na only to waka about form big-boi dem sabi. . . . . okay, with Amodu's shambolic tactics and lack of technical know-how, you have managed to wobble & fumble into pole-position, were they forbidded to use their discretion to see the game off to a favorable conclusion  angry

Abegi leave coach for 1ce and hammer those yeye players - they always go scot-free and return to do the same things over and over again!
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by dyabman(m): 6:23pm On Sep 07, 2009
super eagles are just wackies in soccer,

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (Reply)

Brazilian Referee Pulls Gun On Players During Red Card Dispute / Peter And Kasper Schmeichel Premier League Records Of Father & Son / Real Madrid Stars Show Off Their Awards At Training After The Fifa's Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.