Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:50 PM

Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants (54888 Views)

Military Raids Tompolo's Home In Oporoza, Delta State / Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza, Warri, Delta State / Army Storms Oporoza As Militants Plan To Bomb Abuja, Lagos, PH, Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by Cutehector(m): 11:54am On May 28, 2016
They did not send warships to agatu, they are sending warships to oporoza.

cheesy
Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by ayibatari99(m): 11:55am On May 28, 2016
I 'm very sorry i have to call you stupid, let me put it in capital letters and comma "YOU ARE VERY STUPID INDEED''. You provoked me and that is the only way to calm myself down. From which part of the country are you? You are saying they are gaining support because you want the military to occupy our land like Borno. No true Niger Delta that will be happy to see his land been further degraded through bombing pipelines and military occupation. Even if you are from that region, I'm sure your father doesn't own even a plot of land in the region. As such you people have nothing to loose. Oh! Dear God i beg you for a quick resolution to this problem bedeviling our Land. Any good Nigerian Should say Aaaaamen!!!!!
eyeview:
This Avengers are gaining support and sympathisers by the day.
...And that's how civil wars start

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by akynkunmy(m): 11:56am On May 28, 2016
let the so call avengers continue destroying their own land and suffering their own people....#ignorance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by Nobody: 11:56am On May 28, 2016
[s]
nobullshit:
Seun Osewa will soon amend his overt & covert rule17 prohibiting the support of Niger Delta people but will never prohibit the covert and overt tribalism going on on Nairaland. I know Nairaland can be a medium to stop the already staggering unity of Nigeria from collapse, instead, some ethnic tribes seem having the monopoly to insult others while in return get others banned for doing so with citation of a breach of a regulation. I still wonder why some people find it difficult to understand some certain things that are obvious and still nurture oneself's unidiosyncratic response. Am asking other tribes on this forum, since Igbos are known for drug trafficking, piracy, kidnapping, robbery, money ritual, baby factory, etc., why do you prefer sharing your holy country "Nigeria "with them to letting them go and make their baby factory, money ritual, drug trafficking etc. Country called Biafra, Beerfraud, Biafra, children of el-chapo or whats so ever you collectively or individually wish to call them?.
[/s]

Rubbish. Biafra will never come. We shall remain one nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by abimic(m): 11:56am On May 28, 2016
Shukuakukobambi:

It won't cost him a dime. The only cost is an election loss in 2019. The boko haram madness didn't cost GEJ a pin. The worst was election loss on march 28, 2015 and he has gotten over it.

But this is going to cost Nigeria a lot. This will cost Niger Delta a lot. It will cost Nigerian civil servants a lot.

However, the bombers must continue and the military should leave them alone. Nigeria must be allowed to start afresh and this idiocy is a sure way to achieve that.

Enough of fear fear. Let the bombings continue.
I use to fear the bombing because it affects our Land, our people but now, I'm not moved anymore. It's time to diversify, if Nigeria doesn't grow, it would only cost buhari and APC 2019, but the degradation remains, the backwardness remains, the unemployment remains, the effects of bad leaders are what we still suffer today yet, the bad leaders and their kids live in affluence. There are better ways to have achieved the Niger Delta dreams aside secession, and that was during GEJ's tenure but they were asleep then.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by Luvties(m): 11:56am On May 28, 2016
isaacmarshal07:
This will result to colleteral damage, because this avengers won't take it likely with the Nigerian soldiers ...

P.s : this is totally not the right way to handle issues like this, Mr. President!!!

When they vowed not to negotiate??

They call for it if you ask me.

Anyway is a way, Nigeria must survive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by cocoduck: 11:57am On May 28, 2016
Shukuakukobambi:

Ive not seen a zoo engage in a war before except when trying to hold recalcitrant and mad animals in check. If you've seen a zoo engage in a war, congrats.

Meanwhile, are you getting scared? Let the bombers continue. They're in my prayers.
Forget that thing, the Niger delta avengers will only make new widows, Nigeria army are at war every blessed day, with one group or the other, still they cannot point to one they won, they will go and catch innocent people. Now it will be nnpc people. lol
Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by hansyllo(m): 11:57am On May 28, 2016
Shukuakukobambi:

I understand u. I just want to clear the foolishness being peddled that buhari will suffer because he won't the same way GEJ suffered nothing from the boko haram madness.

The avengers believe the way to right the wrongs is by destroying what is left and I'm beginning to agree with them. No gain without pain.

Let them destroy every every so Nigeria can start afresh. Its in the interest of the common man and my sympathies in advance to the Niger deltans who will be collateral damage in this fight.

How old are you? Comparing Boko Haram with NDA
Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by tsdarkside(m): 11:57am On May 28, 2016
youngeagle:
we all wants a peaceful environment,the bombing won't bring peace neither will military actions,but simple dialogue is the key,bro this Economy its costing all of us a lot

but we dont have money to give them...we could use jonathans tactic....but we are blank...

but we still have a strong army...lets beat each other up...let the stronger man win...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by Fadekebisola(f): 11:58am On May 28, 2016
Tolexander:
These Avengers madt gan o!

It won't be surprising seeing the Avengers rolling out their warships to engage the Nigerian military. Jonathan empowered Tompolo to the extent that he was buying warship from Norway on behalf of NIMASA. That was a very costly thing for a President to have done.
i concur
Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by intell: 11:58am On May 28, 2016
Look the fact is this guys are Reptiles, pls pls pls for the sake of our armies lives pls pls federal govt you can't killed this guy in the waters because they are Reptiles, track them on land to save the lives of our armies. there is one or few kind of sea creatures they all ways turn to wen they face opposition in the water ask the Cameronian soldiers on the high sea. let the Navy tell you the truth if they will why cos they see almost everyday. They are Reptiles live both in water and on land. let us stop here. for now.
Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by youngeagle(m): 12:00pm On May 28, 2016
franciskaine:
for how long are we going to keep dialoguing with criminals? One thing I assure you is dat after dialogue with Avengers, a group will spring up tomorrow with same strategy.
it costs less compared to military action...lives will be cut short while the same environment will still be destroyed
Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 28, 2016
intell:
Look the fact is this guys are Reptiles, pls pls pls for the sake of our armies lives pls pls federal govt you can't killed this guy in the waters because they are Reptiles, track them on land to save the lives of our armies. there is one or few kind of sea creatures they all ways turn to wen they face opposition in the water ask the Cameronian soldiers on the high sea. let the Navy tell you the truth if they will why cos they see almost everyday. They are Reptiles live both in water and on land. let us stop here. for now.

Stop displaying ignorance. The armed forces is broken into 3. Airforce, navy and land troops. Those deployed are obviously naval officers in warships who are also familiar with such terrain.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by youngeagle(m): 12:03pm On May 28, 2016
Praktikals:

As 'dull and lacking in wisdom' as he is, he ll be your president till may 2023. You are free to port to Sao Tome sha o.
nah I Aint going no where,he will sure leave for me.
Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by Leiman100(m): 12:03pm On May 28, 2016
JonSnow:
it seems buhari's destiny is to accelerate the inevitable, the breakup of nigeria grin grin
o you expect him to fold his arms as a comander in chief of Nigerian arm forces and the president to watch these rag-tag rif raff run Nigeria aground, that's when you are going to hail him. Unfurtunately PMB is not like that he will fight it with everything at his disposal and the Nigerian Military is not incapable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by virus05(m): 12:06pm On May 28, 2016
Make avengers no kidnap dem o.. Make dem beta comot from that creek
Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by nobullshit(m): 12:11pm On May 28, 2016
Rubbish. Biafra will never come. We shall remain one nigeria. But, Igbos are children of el-cheapo, baby factory products and money ritualists, why do you find it compelling to share your good country Nigeria with people that have sworn to tarnish the good image of Nigeria rather than allow them have their own crooked country?. As for saying Nigeria is one, that is literally "Orange is new black".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by Luvties(m): 12:12pm On May 28, 2016
youngeagle:
nah I Aint going no where,he will sure leave for me.

Wake up and stop dreaming... your people are crying in the Niger delta just for hearing this news, some are leaving the region now I believe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by princemeadow(m): 12:12pm On May 28, 2016
RandomVic:
This action taken by the military will only escalate the problem. Would only compound the woes of Buhari administration.
Are you saying FG should just sit and watch AVENGERS blow up all the oil facilities

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by shaqhead: 12:14pm On May 28, 2016
RandomVic:

Months back I'd have said the same thing as you but hey things have changed for the worst apparently, the economy is on life support, a full scaled military operation in the region would only compound the woes of the government, billions would be wasted, innocent lifes would be lost. At the end of the the military would fail, the Nigerian military isn't effective in asymmetric warfare take the ongoing war against Boko Haram for example. You can not effectively fight someone who hit you unawares and runs away before you could notice the attack. It wouldn't cost Buhari a thing to dialogue with these people after all they're legitimately aggrieved, the Niger delta being the region that essentially feed the entire Nigeria state I feel they should be given special status . Nigeria Delta have been raped sideways by successive governments. The status quo has to changed, somehow it just has to change!
The US tells the world it doesn't dialogue with terrorist but it did dialogue with the Taliban for the release of Bowe Bergdahl and many other instances which America has kept classified. Urge the government to dialogue with the Avengers the madness will stop.
Mr. I am not against negotiation/dialogue but one thing we fail to acknowledge is that these legitimate grievances have long been here before this administration.

This admin is jst coming onboard and fir the first time a report on the clean up of Ogoni lands wc had gathered so much dust on the table of successive govts got a positive nod from this govt.

If that is not a step in the direction in show of good faith by this govt, i dnt know what is! Why start bombing pipelines when we can atleast wait to see the policy trajectory this govt takes on the Niger delta?

It is common knowledge that he who cant make do with little wont make anything much out of abundance.

We the Niger Deltans keep thinkin the NDA "demands are magic pills that will magically solve all our ills. I dare say that even if the whole budget of this year is allocated to the Niger delta with the kind of duplicitous leadera we have, it wont reach the common man on the street.

There was a time we were askin for 13%, we got it! Where is the impact?
We asked for Niger Delta ministry, we got it! Where is the impact?
We have NDDC! Where is the impact on the common man in the creeks!

This are the questions we wont ask cos PMB wont come and suck our polluted lands clean.

Lets learn from the North East, we wl all loose except the elites with fat pockets.

If the NDA think blowing up pipelines, will bring appreciable change overnight, they should continue as we that prefer dialogue and those that cheer them on all suffer it!

We that keep askin the govt to negotiate with this folks, how about we also urge the NDA to declare a ceasefire to observe what the govt does next! They cant keep bombing and relishing it on social media and you expect the govt to sit down and do nothing. Maybe after some collateral damage has been done by the military on mostly innocent folks, maybe thats when the body language from that axis will change!

The North East is a pointer to this!

Concerning the Nigerian Army not been able to fully suppress an assymmetric warfare, I dare say that no army around the world has aand can except we want to build a fence like the Israelis......so its not a Nigerian army thing and No ARMY will fold its hands while its men get slaughtered!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by rhymaster: 12:15pm On May 28, 2016
drberry:
Buhari and his military still doesn't want to hear that they can't stop the violence by all these stunts. The real creeks where the boys are, can't be penetrated by those gunships or whatever. It's more like fighting with an unseen enemy. Where do you start from?

Karma is really a bi*ch... #smh

That may be true but what will the hiding NDA gain after coming out of hiding to see that all pipeline and economic life is gone from their lands and all their family and people dead as a result of being collateral damage? The government will not run out of time, money or food, how many people in the creeks can say the same? Let the army just call in waves after waves of air strikes and carpet bombing in the pipelines and people so we can be rid of these problematic people and all pipelines. Let us see who will suffer more!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by Bovis(m): 12:17pm On May 28, 2016
Tolexander:

It won't be surprising seeing the Avengers rolling out their warships to engage the Nigerian military. Jonathan empowered Tompolo to the extent that he was buying warship from Norway on behalf of NIMASA. That was a very costly thing for a President to have done.

Jonathan is an ingrate and a big disgrace to every PHD holders in Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by chigoizie7(m): 12:18pm On May 28, 2016
Shukuakukobambi:

I understand u. I just want to clear the foolishness being peddled that buhari will suffer because he won't the same way GEJ suffered nothing from the boko haram madness.

The avengers believe the way to right the wrongs is by destroying what is left and I'm beginning to agree with them. No gain without pain.

Let them destroy every every so Nigeria can start afresh. Its in the interest of the common man and my sympathies in advance to the Niger deltans who will be collateral damage in this fight.

Lolz, NDA actions costs naija government over 5billion naira daily, excluding the money the govt just doled out to the military to combat them.

The only thing boko haram cost naija is killing of its people up north and the money FG budgeted for military actions which their brother dasuki stole back.

In essence, NDA is costing naija more, if this whole nonsense doesn't stop now, a time will come when naija govt won't even have a dime to support the military actions because the NDA has blocked every avenue of govt revenue.

If u think the actions of NDA is costing buhari nothing, let him forget about them and focus on Agric, after all these people didn't kill anyone.

I can go on and on to tell u the implications of these NDA's actions on the economy, it might cost buhari not spending upto 2yrs in office sef.

Just go and research on how fx is earned in naija and how it is used, also check on the principles of BOP, if u understand these things, u will know that these actions for just 1 more week will cripple the already bankrupt naija economy. Just 1 more week, let's see how u can even get fx to import any petroleum product, don't think of the external reserve because it can be depleted in just 24hrs.

1 Like

Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by kentus123: 12:19pm On May 28, 2016
smiley- funny you.
Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 12:20pm On May 28, 2016
Tolexander:

And you're happy as all this is a movie,billions of naira which can benefit the welfare of the whole nation is being used my someone to fight the government and you're talking as if na 3d cinema you dey watch am...I pity you and the whole clueless nation,,you think you're doing Buhari but you're doing yourself!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 12:22pm On May 28, 2016
Shukuakukobambi:

It won't cost him a dime. The only cost is an election loss in 2019. The boko haram madness didn't cost GEJ a pin. The worst was election loss on march 28, 2015 and he has gotten over it.

But this is going to cost Nigeria a lot. This will cost Niger Delta a lot. It will cost Nigerian civil servants a lot.

However, the bombers must continue and the military should leave them alone. Nigeria must be allowed to start afresh and this idiocy is a sure way to achieve that.

Sorry to say this but you've made sense until the last 2 paragraphs,why??
And if they bomb everything we will spend the next 10 years building what they spoilt...when or are we ever gonna have sense and progress in this country??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by emerged01(m): 12:23pm On May 28, 2016
War will always arise but settlement is the best.
Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 28, 2016
Shukuakukobambi:

right on point my brother, this should be a kind of hard reset. Nigeria had been a joke all along. i no longer believe in this country. too many cheatings, northerners taking over everything .From time immemorial,hausas are known to be bad managers,ironically they are the ones in charge of nigeria. The only respite we had was during obasanjo rule. has anybody asked why till now only northerners are being appointed FTC ministers?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by pinkyliceous(f): 12:28pm On May 28, 2016
Una go find am tire.

Keep using force let's see how it goes.

Na today??
Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by otokx(m): 12:28pm On May 28, 2016
Observation is not a crime especially when done from a great distance.
Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by youngeagle(m): 12:30pm On May 28, 2016
Luvties:

Wake up and stop dreaming... your people are crying in the Niger delta just for hearing this news, some are leaving the region now I believe.
my people are not cowards and they will do the needful when the time is right.
Re: Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants by seyoops4u: 12:32pm On May 28, 2016
Nah wah oooo..... Something that ought to be secret has been revealed to the opposition...mtchwwww...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dambaba Suntai Is Dead / Tinubu Defeats Atiku, Obi In Niger State / Photos Of Beautiful Bride Halima Babangida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.