Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,556 members, 7,965,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 10:19 AM

Nigeria And The Economic Diversification Rhetoric- Divide The Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria And The Economic Diversification Rhetoric- Divide The Country (1033 Views)

Obasanjo's National Coalition Is A Plot By Obj To Divide The Power Of PDP / Economic Diversification: All State Capitals To Enjoy Railway Services – Amaechi / Economic Diversification: CBN Will Invest To Create Jobs, Wealth — Emefiele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria And The Economic Diversification Rhetoric- Divide The Country by lawani: 12:48pm On May 28, 2016
The economy is diversified. It is the government income that is not diversified. When you say Nigeria's economy is not diversified, you are using a wrong expression like the people in government who use certain memes to advance causes that are detrimental to nation building, thesame way religion does it. The GDP by PPP is over 1 trillion dollars per annum, of which oil receipts represents not up to 30 billion dollars per annum. The economy can be more diversified or developed but it is already diversified as it is.

Then the Yoruba have no reason to be in any country as a subnation where they are involved with some other groups in a totally unhealthy rivalry for decades. A country where Yoruba culture and language is not the national brand. There are not up to 7 ethnic nations on Earth more relevant than the Yoruba by way of population, so if we are not one country with the Germans or Chinese, we dont need to be one country with Igbos or Hausas. Let people go and form their own countries on their own lands where they are the majority and where they can easily allign interests to better the lot of their people.

Enough of marking time on one spot with insincere politicians pushing people around, using ill thought out policies and spreading as truth utter untruths. Given another century, it will not get better.

REFERENCES

NIGERIA’S GDP BY PPP
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerians WayForward

CHAMPAGNE CONSUMPTION IN NIGERIA
http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-

NOLLY WOOD FILM INDUSTRY
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/02/1...-

EXAMPLE OF FOOD MARKET
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regio...

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria And The Economic Diversification Rhetoric- Divide The Country by Curlieweed: 1:23pm On May 28, 2016
Great post, Bro.

Only muguns and scammers believe in one Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria And The Economic Diversification Rhetoric- Divide The Country by oduastates: 2:10pm On May 28, 2016
OK. If you are talking about yoruba blood, scattered all over the world, you are right. But if you are talking about a new yoruba nation founded by those within the geographical space called Nigeria, then you are exaggerating the population.
But to address the core of your matter, the future of Nigeria is bleak. I just do not see this country ever forging any form of togetherness. Most parts of the country seem to chosen their little path to backwardness.
Lawani,This is why I commend the SW leaders for trying to make the best out of a bad situation.
Probably only Obasanjo has governed with any form of fairness. Look at Jonathan, look at yaradua, look at Buhari and the way they stack government full of their tribesmen. They are seem to be afraid of their own skins.
About incomes and revenues. I can assure you, we are better off,out of Nigeria, than within it. Between 1963 and 1999, yoruba intelligentsia spent the better parts of the lives in and out of prison for the country to move the country from dictatorship to a democracy.
The problem was not the dictatorship or the democracy , it was the type of leadership .
The oil on which they have doubled down upon is destroying the country while countries like India are making $99 BILLION in export by typing "ABCDEF1234,IF,THEN,ELSE" into computers aka programming.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria And The Economic Diversification Rhetoric- Divide The Country by orisa37: 2:33pm On May 28, 2016
Divide the Country YES, but it's easier and better done constitutionally by NASS..
Re: Nigeria And The Economic Diversification Rhetoric- Divide The Country by gidgiddy: 3:01pm On May 28, 2016
orisa37:
Divide the Country YES, but it's easier and better done constitutionally by NASS..

It cannot be done by the NASS because the North with its numerical advantage will vote any such bill out.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria And The Economic Diversification Rhetoric- Divide The Country by plaetton: 3:14pm On May 28, 2016
lawani:
The economy is diversified. It is the government income that is not diversified. When you say Nigeria's economy is not diversified, you are using a wrong expression like the people in government who use certain memes to advance causes that are detrimental to nation building, thesame way religion does it. The GDP by PPP is over 1 trillion dollars per annum, of which oil receipts represents not up to 30 billion dollars per annum. The economy can be more diversified or developed but it is already diversified as it is.

Then the Yoruba have no reason to be in any country as a subnation where they are involved with some other groups in a totally unhealthy rivalry for decades. A country where Yoruba culture and language is not the national brand. There are not up to 7 ethnic nations on Earth more relevant than the Yoruba by way of population, so if we are not one country with the Germans or Chinese, we dont need to be one country with Igbos or Hausas. Let people go and form their own countries on their own lands where they are the majority and where they can easily allign interests to better the lot of their people.

Enough of marking time on one spot with insincere politicians pushing people around, using ill thought out policies and spreading as truth utter untruths. Given another century, it will not get better.

REFERENCES

NIGERIA’S GDP BY PPP
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerians WayForward

CHAMPAGNE CONSUMPTION IN NIGERIA
http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-

NOLLY WOOD FILM INDUSTRY
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/02/1...-

EXAMPLE OF FOOD MARKET
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regio...

Exactly.
It is the insincerity of power hungry cliques from every region that have feudal orientations that are the major problems in Nigeria.

Imagine if every state had its own power stations and grid. We would have solved the perennial issues of power long long ago.

Imagine if each state had its own police force., THE police would be community based and more effective in rooting out many evils of the community and society at large.

Imagine if each state exploited its own natural resources. Sure many states will be richer than others.
But in time, they would have been forced to innovate and discover their own niches and strengths.

Imagine if each state or region had its own refinery in a government/ private partnerships.

The issue of importing fuel , SUBSIDY payments and fraud wouldn't have been an issue worth stressing ourselves over.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria And The Economic Diversification Rhetoric- Divide The Country by plaetton: 3:31pm On May 28, 2016
oduastates:
OK. If you are talking about yoruba blood, scattered all over the world, you are right. But if you are talking about a new yoruba nation founded by those within the geographical space called Nigeria, then you are exaggerating the population.
But to address the core of your matter, the future of Nigeria is bleak. I just do not see this country ever forging any form of togetherness. Most parts of the country seem to chosen their little path to backwardness.
London This is why I commend the SW leaders for trying to make the best out of a bad situation.
Probably only Obasanjo has governed with any form of fairness. Look at Jonathan, look at yaradua, look at Buhari and the way they stack government full of their tribesmen. They are seem to be afraid of their own skins.
About incomes and revenues. I can assure you, we are better off,out of Nigeria, than within it. Between 1963 and 1999, yoruba intelligentsia spent the better parts of the lives in and out of prison for the country to move the country from dictatorship to a democracy.
The problem was not the dictatorship or the democracy , it was the type of leadership .
The oil on which they have doubled down upon is destroying the country while countries like India are making Billions of dollars typing "ABCDEF1234" into computers aka programming.

Interesting.
I never thought I would agree with you on any national issue.

It's a sad irony that you dedicate much of your intellect on this forum crusading against , insulting any Nigerian that is not your tribesman,..a habit more suited to the lowest denominators of people.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria And The Economic Diversification Rhetoric- Divide The Country by RockHard: 5:02pm On May 28, 2016
Hmmnn... Interesting perspective.
Re: Nigeria And The Economic Diversification Rhetoric- Divide The Country by orisa37: 8:21pm On May 28, 2016
To divide is nothing funny. We have equal number of Senators and Representatives per state. By the time we add sympathizers from the nsc and the ne, we shall beat them in the game.
Re: Nigeria And The Economic Diversification Rhetoric- Divide The Country by Standing5(m): 8:33pm On May 28, 2016
It isn't diversified enough.
Re: Nigeria And The Economic Diversification Rhetoric- Divide The Country by thelinguist: 11:32pm On May 28, 2016
Easier said than done..then people need. To change dere mindser first,even. Ifyou divide Nigeria...no be dis same selfish people go dey there?..abegi
Re: Nigeria And The Economic Diversification Rhetoric- Divide The Country by lawani: 2:56am On May 29, 2016
oduastates:
Lawani,This is why I commend the SW leaders for trying to make the best out of a bad situation.
The oil on which they have doubled down upon is destroying the country while countries like India are making $99 BILLION in export by typing "ABCDEF1234,IF,THEN,ELSE" into computers aka programming.

Of course the aim should be to merge with our people in Benin republic and Togo with whom we have been one before Nigeria. What do you think is the population of Yoruba land in the SW and NC? If Lagos is 25 million, I put it at 80 million, if 20 million, then it will be 64 million. We also have people in Benin and Togo. Then Bariba and Egun are Yoruba speakers already. A country encompassing all Yoruba speakers will emerge as the most populous in Africa over Ethiopia.
Re: Nigeria And The Economic Diversification Rhetoric- Divide The Country by lawani: 3:29am On May 29, 2016
orisa37:

I doubt if the NASS can do it. To me, the best way is for each ethnic nationality to take their destiny into their hands. The Kanuri for instance should join their people in Chad and etc. Any group can get their people to submit a petition to the UN and notify Abuja.
Re: Nigeria And The Economic Diversification Rhetoric- Divide The Country by orisa37: 8:28am On May 29, 2016
The NASS can do it well, nice and square. All the States, 36 of them, have equal representation in the NASS. That's the same number of Senators and Representatives per state. SW, SE and SS are bankers already. Now work on the NC. Get Plateau, Kwara, Nassarawa, Benue, Kogi, Taraba South, Kaduna South and Niger South interested in Full Autonomy of their States Governments. Raise a Bill for FULL AUTONOMY of the 36 States at the NASS and at the individual State Assemblies AND POW IS FREE AT LAST!!!! Don't be afraid of the NW for there the shots are fired. Just have ANIMOS INTENDI in the sw, se, ss and those states I mentioned from the NC and you can call the Bluff of these Sharia infested Fulani Herdsmen. Let each state Assembly resolve now for FULL AUTONOMY of her Government, pass to NASS such Resolutions and before long, we will all know that education is better than chewing goro.
Re: Nigeria And The Economic Diversification Rhetoric- Divide The Country by Nobody: 9:12am On May 29, 2016
lawani:

I doubt if the NASS can do it. To me, the best way is for each ethnic nationality to take their destiny into their hands. The Kanuri for instance should join their people in Chad and etc. Any group can get their people to submit a petition to the UN and notify Abuja.
today u are really talking sense.
Re: Nigeria And The Economic Diversification Rhetoric- Divide The Country by lawani: 9:49am On May 29, 2016
tooco:
today u are really talking sense.

What do you mean? I dont talk sense before? I came here to learn, so when I say something not sensible, please correct me but you have never commented on any of my posts. I hope you are sure of what you are saying and that you are addressing the right person. Please reconfirm. Thanks!
Re: Nigeria And The Economic Diversification Rhetoric- Divide The Country by lawani: 10:11am On May 29, 2016
orisa37:
The NASS can do it well, nice and square. All the States, 36 of them, have equal representation in the NASS. That's the same number of Senators and Representatives per state. SW, SE and SS are bankers already. Now work on the NC. Get Plateau, Kwara, Nassarawa, Benue, Kogi, Taraba South, Kaduna South and Niger South interested in Full Autonomy of their States Governments. Raise a Bill for FULL AUTONOMY of the 36 States at the NASS and at the individual State Assemblies AND POW IS FREE AT LAST!!!! Don't be afraid of the NW for there the shots are fired. Just have ANIMOS INTENDI in the sw, se, ss and those states I mentioned from the NC and you can call the Bluff of these Sharia infested Fulani Herdsmen. Let each state Assembly resolve now for FULL AUTONOMY of her Government, pass to NASS such Resolutions and before long, we will all know that education is better than chewing goro.

Division is better for everybody including the NW. What they need is a guarantee that their imports will not be tariffed. Tomato alone can earn tonnes of forex for the NW. Prior to colonisation, leather, indigo and etc from the NW reached North Africa and Europe. I dont know any Yoruba product that reached Europe. Kano leather was known as Moroccan leather. Even if Hausas believe they will be shortchanged, you should enlighten them that seizing control of their affairs in the Hausa country is best for them. You should not be fanning the embers of quarrel.

Then you have a template for secession on your homepage which makes sense except that you did not mention a petition to the UN. Nigeria exists by the grace of the UN not on merit. So the UN is the decider. The Yoruba can only be great after exiting Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

See What Buhari Is Set To Do On His Return Back From London / Fayose Cries Out: EFCC Is Persecuting Me! / PHOTOS: Wife Of Governor Ikpeazu Deworms Children In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.