Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,971 members, 7,873,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:22 AM

Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? (9907 Views)

Steps On How To Make A Good Decison- Business, Academics And Family / FUT Minna Expels 700 Students Over Poor Academics Performance / What Is The Difference Between ACADEMICS And EDUCATION ??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by Crispels(m): 9:18pm On Jun 01, 2016
Wonderboy1:
It will surely affect you academically.....but only if you how to manage your time very....

Political campaign in school is not a child's play else you ain't serious with it...

I suggest you face your studies squarely,if you graduate with Ist class you don't need campaign to become a manager of a big firm...."you can't serve two masters at a time"...

Meanwhile for your diesel engine generators check here https://www.nairaland.com/3012099/order-tokunbo-diesel-generators-spare

Am in a similar shoe with the OP. Kindly read my own story too and advice me on my choice.

I'm a student from the best University in Nigeria. I study History and International Studies. Am in my second year. Presently, am faced with a puzzle. Firstly, am a student politician/unionist/leader. I currently serve as the General Secretary of my Faculty. A position I took as the youngest in the History of my institution. Based on my track records, leadership qualities and innovative ideas, the Students' populace are urging me to test the waters of Students' Union leadership. However, am contemplating pulling out of Campus politics so as to explore other opportunities as an undergraduate. These opportunities includes - Taostmaters international programmes and certificates, debates, conferences, lectures etc. For instance, I will be a delegate at an upcoming United Nations programme. Am a decent 2'1 student, and I thirst to study harder to increase my CGPA that has dwindled as a result of my participation in campus politics. Campus politics consumes lots of money, time and energy. And even when you emerge, it brings about more stress and problems to face.

In terms of money, am okay, I lack no basic needs as am not even into campus politics for money but for the life lessons one learns from it. In terms of connection, am closer to my VC than even some SUG representatives as he loves the ideas I bring on board.

In summary, I want to focus more on my studies and seal my 2'1. I also want to explore other aspects of international opportunities like Toastmasters international, UN models, conferences, debates , improved scholarship et al.

More so, I already received a certificate of honour from the University authorities for my leadership qualities and contributions.

However, I believe am a born leader, filled with ideas and I evidently can serve the Student populace the best way possible. I see myself as a missing link. What is neeeded.

I can't combine the two, one has to step down for the other.

I plan to proceed to the United States for my postgraduate after my degree in Nigeria.

Your advice?

This happens to be the biggest decision of my life.
Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by Peacetemi: 9:30pm On Jun 01, 2016
Crispels:

Am in a similar shoe with the OP. Kindly read my own story too and advice me on my choice.

I'm a student from the best University in Nigeria. I study History and International Studies. Am in my second year. Presently, am faced with a puzzle. Firstly, am a student politician/unionist/leader. I currently serve as the General Secretary of my Faculty. A position I took as the youngest in the History of my institution. Based on my track records, leadership qualities and innovative ideas, the Students' populace are urging me to test the waters of Students' Union leadership. However, am contemplating pulling out of Campus politics so as to explore other opportunities as an undergraduate. These opportunities includes - Taostmaters international programmes and certificates, debates, conferences, lectures etc. For instance, I will be a delegate at an upcoming United Nations programme. Am a decent 2'1 student, and I thirst to study harder to increase my CGPA that has dwindled as a result of my participation in campus politics. Campus politics consumes lots of money, time and energy. And even when you emerge, it brings about more stress and problems to face.

In terms of money, am okay, I lack no basic needs as am not even into campus politics for money but for the life lessons one learns from it. In terms of connection, am closer to my VC than even some SUG representatives as he loves the ideas I bring on board.

In summary, I want to focus more on my studies and seal my 2'1. I also want to explore other aspects of international opportunities like Toastmasters international, UN models, conferences, debates , improved scholarship et al.

More so, I already received a certificate of honour from the University authorities for my leadership qualities and contributions.

However, I believe am a born leader, filled with ideas and I evidently can serve the Student populace the best way possible. I see myself as a missing link. What is neeeded.

I plan to proceed to the United States for my postgraduate after my degree in Nigeria.

Your advice?

School politics is temporary, you can only be involved for as long as you're in school., once you leave it becomes past tense. On the other hand your school result is very permanent, that's the surest thing that will leave the school with you, it'll follow you everywhere you go. So getting into school politics at the expense of your results isn't such a great idea. My advice ; focus on your studies, I sincerely do not think being a school politician has a large role to play in your future, it might help you learn a few things but it's not really worth the sacrifice. School politics is the present , your School result(certificate) is your future. So would you sacrifice your future for the present or vice versa? Make a wise choice. Goodluck.
Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by whizqueen(f): 9:54pm On Jun 01, 2016
Crispels:

In summary, I want to focus more on my studies and seal my 2'1 . I also want to explore other aspects of international opportunities like Toastmasters international, UN models, conferences, debates , improved scholarship et al.

Your advice?

@the emboldened. You have your answer here.

In my opinion, I'd advice you focus on your studies. You seem more passionate about exploring your career so go for it.

You've already garnered enough knowledge that will serve for a lifetime in school politics. So try something new. smiley
Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by CaptainEColeJnr: 9:55pm On Jun 01, 2016
Crispels:

Your advice?

Dude" Your case is a matter of choice dude..

I wouldn't advise you to combine both together, why?

because it will be very stressful being in students politics and trying to aim a first class, what I'd tell you to do firstly is to ask yourself ..

1. What will pay me more? First Class or Students politics (both will pay you but which will pay you on the long run?)

2. What is my passion in life? Does it require leadership skills or good grades or both?

Remember, you can still participate in those seminars/competition even as an ordinary student..

Besides you've served as a Secretary General already, so why bother going further? you've gotten your experience already

Why I'm saying this is simply because First Class will surely pay you on the longrun .. you will surely be a hot cake when you graduate .. while students politics ends as you leave school.

Be Wise!
Shalom!
Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by easytech1(m): 10:04pm On Jun 01, 2016
seniorboy1:

Thank you sir.

I was only aiming at being the best graduating student in my faculty before now, I will diligently look into the possibilities of being the best graduating student in the university.

Thank you sir.

You should know it is impossible for me to be contented with 2:1 at this stage, I'm already in my penultimate year, just 1 more session to go.

But sir, you no dey smile ooo from 4.7+ to 4.3 or 4.0.

That brother gave you the real truth. He even backed it up with data. I can testify to that fact. You need to reanalyse your priorities. If the position is in line with your future targets then go for it but if not you better review your priorities. Ofcourse, you are in charge of your destiny; choose wisely!
Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 01, 2016
Crispels:

Your advice?

Dear Crispel,

Honestly, being the General Secretary of a Faculty while in your sophomore year is quite commendable.
My brother, delving into school politics while working towards attaining academic excellence is doable.
It boils down to what you really want to make out of your college education. You're such an ambitious student. Meanwhile ambition is priceless. It might interest you that one of the reasons while some students are maintaining stellar grades,avoiding carry overs while in their first and second year in school is because of their political ambition.

The only advice I can give you is don't let your political aspiration be beyond your Faculty, you can choose to be the Vice President come next year (your Penultimate year), then shoot for the big fish in your finals.
Just try and set your priority right. Taking a role can never deny you good grades provided you're ready to plan your time well. Work very hard in this your second year and attain the best grades you can. It will go a very long way in determining the grade you'll graduate with in the long run.

Deciding to join Toastmasters International will no doubt help your communication and leadership skills. Most TM meetings are always every fortnight and mostly weekends in Nigeria depending on club though.

And lastly, It is only if you know your leadership qualities will even enhance your Postgraduate admission in the US. Although one's GPA really matters when it comes to securing a Scholarship slot, together with one's ability to ace the required standardized tests.
You can PM if you have any further questions.

1 Like

Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by lilfizzie: 11:24pm On Jun 01, 2016
My brother dont mind these people telling you not to go ahead with ur dream. The president of my association was the second best graduating student in 2009, his counterpart in another university was the best graduating student in 2016 despite the fact that ladies had consecutively for 4yrs being the best graduating....they both performed well and both students achieved wht they would have normally achieved if they didnt participate in politics. if u can be a PRO before and still be in 4.76 u can do it brother.....ur resolve matters.
Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by teepsee(f): 11:49pm On Jun 01, 2016
Crispels:

Your advice?

your story is quite long and interesting so it took me time to comprehend it. The good part us that you already brought up the possible questions to be asked and you answered them yourself.

No doubt you are really brilliant and have those leadership skills. I love it when I see young people diving into politics in school cause I myself is a politician in school also, so I understand some of the challenges and the sacrifices one do to serve as long as it's not for self reasons. So I really love your achievement if all you said are what it is for real, so I would have loved to easily jumped into conclusion but there's one thing that got me down.

You said you can do the tow together, one must go for the other. My dear on this I don't get and will love to get more info on why you said so.

If you think you need someone to talk to much on this you can send me an email.
Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by olac21(m): 12:11am On Jun 02, 2016
What post are you aspiring for?is it faculty or SU?am in faculty of Arts(History&International studies) to be precise..you may have gotten a plus 1 vote!you can combine the two(just have little time for your studies!am a student in Unilorin too!
Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by buharisbae(f): 12:25am On Jun 02, 2016
seniorboy1:
Good evening fellow Nairalanders, please I want to know your advice on this situation.

I am a 300L student of the University of Ilorin.

I am doing well academically and also participates in the school politics. I am presently a first class student (CGPA above 4.7 but less than 4.76 at the end of 300L first semester).

Now, it is the time for election and I’m aspiring to contest for the president of the faculty students’ association. I’m not just going into politics as I was once the PRO of my departmental association.

As we all know, no man is an island of knowledge, please my brothers and sisters, what is your advice on this my ambition as your younger brother.

Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by Adeshorla: 6:51am On Jun 02, 2016
seniorboy1:

Thank you sir.

I assumed you wanted to type "it can't deny you your first class....", considering the "although" after the sentence.

I'm currently holding a similar position and by the grace of God on a 1 too. You can inbox me your whatsapp number for extensive deliberation on the topic, as so many variables have to be considered in taking this giant Leap. It would indeed sharpen your leadership skills, interpersonal relationship skills, effective communication skill and other soft skills that are, more often than not, not taught in the classroom but are pertinent in succeeding outside School.

Just holla, I'll narrate my experience so far viz the pains and the gains.

Warm Regards,

Adeshola.
Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by KPhantom(m): 7:18am On Jun 02, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
It's a big distraction .. there's no way he'd be able to focus on two demanding things.. #seriouslyspeaking
Yes it can be a distraction, but i think education has gone beyond just studying.. Do u knw u can easily get a job frm playing active politics in school? you get to dine with top brass politicians and other high placed individuals, and u build valuable connection. If you have a strong grade plus ur connection frm student politics, my brother You wont be in the labour market for long. I knw of some lecturers that didn't even finish with first class but were retained by their alma mater becos they were active politicians in school, and the VC couldn't help but notice them. Bro there are many other perks that comes frm being involved in school politics, You earn legitimate money, public office aspirants beg you with millions to mobilise your students.. Did u just hear?? i said millions, U have no idea how much Laureatta obakpolor(sug president uniben) Is going to enjoy this yr(election yr), Some even enjoy all expense paid trip outside the country, baba school politics too legit.
Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by CurrentSamuel(m): 8:14am On Jun 02, 2016
OTHER PEOPLE DID IT AND OTHER PEOPLE ARE DOING IT
Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by Crispels(m): 8:43am On Jun 02, 2016
teepsee:
your story is quite long and interesting so it took me time to comprehend it. The good part us that you already brought up the possible questions to be asked and you answered them yourself.

No doubt you are really brilliant and have those leadership skills. I love it when I see young people diving into politics in school cause I myself is a politician in school also, so I understand some of the challenges and the sacrifices one do to serve as long as it's not for self reasons. So I really love your achievement if all you said are what it is for real, so I would have loved to easily jumped into conclusion but there's one thing that got me down.

You said you can do the tow together, one must go for the other. My dear on this I don't get and will love to get more info on why you said so.

If you think you need someone to talk to much on this you can send me an email.

Thanks so much bro. Kindly mail me on pelumiolugbenga@gmail.com
Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by Crispels(m): 8:44am On Jun 02, 2016
KPhantom:

Yes it can be a distraction, but i think education has gone beyond just studying.. Do u knw u can easily get a job frm playing active politics in school? you get to dine with top brass politicians and other high placed individuals, and u build valuable connection. If you have a strong grade plus ur connection frm student politics, my brother You wont be in the labour market for long. I knw of some lecturers that didn't even finish with first class but were retained by their alma mater becos they were active politicians in school, and the VC couldn't help but notice them. Bro there are many other perks that comes frm being involved in school politics, You earn legitimate money, public office aspirants beg you with millions to mobilise your students.. Did u just hear?? i said millions, U have no idea how much Laureatta obakpolor(sug president uniben) Is going to enjoy this yr(election yr), Some even enjoy all expense paid trip outside the country, baba school politics too legit.

Your advice?

Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by Crispels(m): 8:45am On Jun 02, 2016
Adeshorla:

I'm currently holding a similar position and by the grace of God on a 1 too. You can inbox me your whatsapp number for extensive deliberation on the topic, as so many variables have to be considered in taking this giant Leap. It would indeed sharpen your leadership skills, interpersonal relationship skills, effective communication skill and other soft skills that are, more often than not, not taught in the classroom but are pertinent in succeeding outside School.

Warm Regards,

Adeshola.

Your advice?

Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by Guyman02: 9:29am On Jun 02, 2016
Crispels:

Your advice?

My advise is for you to follow your instincts, if a higher percentage of it says focus entirely on academics then so be it, but if the inner you says combine the two then you have to aspire. But my candid advise is not to focus entirely on academics since you have a flair for politics; your political tentacles can be groomed while still in school, even after school it helps you a lot as a neophyte in the corporate world to start understanding boardroom politics. Pat Utomi was a special adviser to Shagari at age 22 after graduating with outstanding grade despite being a student union leader.

You get to know a lot of people and learn from interactions at meetings about human behavioural patterns which can be applied in real life after school, many of the contacts you make and fellow students you assist by your activism may help you in future one way or the other.
I give you an example, I had a mate in the university, his name is Daniel Onjeh, he is the guy who contested against former Senate President David Mark and the nation stood still for him, he lost but everyone believes he belongs to the future young people who will take over the mantle of leadership in the state or country, he participated in school politics and became SUG President and today the exposure he got from it is what he is using today.
Follow your instinct and banish fear of failure if you engage in clean politics from your heart, ensure that you use your time well and not engage in unnecessary fights with the authorities on things you can take directly to the VC since you have access to him and sort out for the good of fellow students.

1 Like

Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by Crispels(m): 9:45am On Jun 02, 2016
Guyman02:

My advise is for you to follow your instincts, if a higher percentage of it says focus entirely on academics then so be it, but if the inner you says combine the two then you have to aspire. But my candid advise is not to focus entirely on academics since you have a flair for politics; your political tentacles can be groomed while still in school, even after school it helps you a lot as a neophyte in the corporate world to start understanding boardroom politics. Pat Utomi was a special adviser to Shagari at age 22 after graduating with outstanding grade despite being a student union leader.

You get to know a lot of people and learn from interactions at meetings about human behavioural patterns which can be applied in real life after school, many of the contacts you make and fellow students you assist by your activism may help you in future one way or the other.
I give you an example, I had a mate in the university, his name is Daniel Onjeh, he is the guy who contested against former Senate President David Mark and the nation stood still for him, he lost but everyone believes he belongs to the future young people who will take over the mantle of leadership in the state or country, he participated in school politics and became SUG President and today the exposure he got from it is what he is using today.
Follow your instinct and banish fear of failure if you engage in clean politics from your heart, ensure that you use your time well and not engage in unnecessary fights with the authorities on things you can take directly to the VC since you have access to him and sort out for the good of fellow students.

Thank you very much sir.

Kindly send me your email. Or better still, mail me on pelumiolugbenga@gmail.com
Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by usmanspihn(m): 10:15am On Jun 02, 2016
seniorboy1:
Good evening fellow Nairalanders, please I want to know your advice on this situation.

I am a 300L student of the University of Ilorin.

I am doing well academically and also participates in the school politics. I am presently a first class student (CGPA above 4.7 but less than 4.76 at the end of 300L first semester).

Now, it is the time for election and I’m aspiring to contest for the president of the faculty students’ association. I’m not just going into politics as I was once the PRO of my departmental association.

As we all know, no man is an island of knowledge, please my brothers and sisters, what is your advice on this my ambition as your younger brother.

Hi bro... I appreciate you very much... I'm currently in the position that you are vying for in the same school and I can confidently tell you that you will need to work extra hard for you to retain your first class.
First, you will stop going to class frequently as other things will definitely come up that you will shelf your class for
You also mentioned running a decentralised government. Hmmm, nice idea but I can confidently tell you that in countless number of times, you will work alone. You might have ten excos and more but you will work basically with one person at a time so it's as if you are working alone.
It is going to be your administration and you will not want to flop. So think about it again
Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by g8662: 11:30am On Jun 02, 2016
Tell me! What do you have?

Never mind, cos it doesn’t matter.

What matters is that you didn’t get an F.

As long as you have a secondary high school certificate that is valid and accredited in your country or internationally, you can use it to apply for admission and scholarship to study at top-ranking universities in Europe.

I said as long as you didn’t get an F, because there are merit-based and location-based scholarships available for bachelor, masters and PhD students. The higher your grades, the better your chances of winning a merit-based scholarship; the location-based scholarship is independent of your academic grades; it is based on your country. See the list here -- http://cyprusuni.com/full-scholarship-to-study-abroad-in-cyprus-category-for-100-scholarship/

Admission and Scholarship applications are free.

*IGCSE, IB, SAT, A-LEVEL, NECO, WASSEC, GCE, ND, HND, SSCE, BT, B.ENG, and any other.
* SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
* SCHOOL FEES IS PAID PER SEMESTER
* ACCESS / OPPORTUNITY TO VISIT OTHER EUROPEAN COUNTRIES
* EXCHANGE PROGRAMME AVAILABLE

See the list of degree course programs, admission requirements, application processes, scholarship, tuition fees, accommodations, living expenses, visa, flight, airport pickup and many more.... http://cyprusuni.com/top-ranking-universities-in-north-cyprus/

.............................................................................................................................................
.............................................................................................................................................

Announcement from the CyprusUni.com, the sponsors of this post

If you have any questions and enquiries please ask them here... http://cyprusuni.com/contact-us/

Are you looking to:

Study in top-ranking universities in Europe?
Win overseas scholarship to study abroad in Europe?
Prestigious, affordable universities in Europe?
Quality undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate programs?
Study in multi-cultural environment?
Admission to affordable bachelor/undergraduate, master or Phd abroad?
IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/JAMB – No SAT/GRE/GMAT, Not Required
IGCSE, IB, SAT, A-LEVEL, NECO, WASSEC, GCE, ND, HND, SSCE, BT, B.ENG, and any other - Accepted.
and many more.

Then apply to study at top ranking european universities with scholarship ... http://cyprusuni.com/how-to-apply-for-admission-scholarships-for-international-students-and-cyprusuni-affiliate-program/

Eastern Mediterranean University (EMU), Cyprus International University (CIU), Near East University (NEU)
Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by seniorboy1(m): 1:15pm On Jun 02, 2016
usmanspihn:

Hi bro... I appreciate you very much... I'm currently in the position that you are vying for in the same school and I can confidently tell you that you will need to work extra hard for you to retain your first class.
First, you will stop going to class frequently as other things will definitely come up that you will shelf your class for
You also mentioned running a decentralised government. Hmmm, nice idea but I can confidently tell you that in countless number of times, you will work alone. You might have ten excos and more but you will work basically with one person at a time so it's as if you are working alone.
It is going to be your administration and you will not want to flop. So think about it again

Thank you boss.
Can you please send me a PM sir?
Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by seniorboy1(m): 1:25pm On Jun 02, 2016
Adeshorla:

Warm Regards,

Adeshola.

Thank you sir.
I've sent a PM to you, I will look forward to receiving your mail.
Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by seniorboy1(m): 1:28pm On Jun 02, 2016
LuckyLadolce:
It's actually possible for you to drop from 4.7 to even 3.9 if care is not taken. This is what you need to do if you still desires to keep the fit as a First Class Student. Let it be politics and academics only, don't mix it with other campus activities, as a president of your depatment, some distractions that's got nothing to do with even the affairs of your office will come, you have to frankly do away with these distractions such as ladies, invitations to social events and gathering with frnds unnecessarily etc. Just make sure you balance your responsibilities as a president with your primary assignment as a student. Every other thing shld not be relevant. I can continue but no time.. In summary, plan and manage your time very well. All the best. PM me to see if i can tell some of my buddies in your school to support you. That's if you're in the same department. All the best.

Thank you sir.
PM sent sir.
Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by LuckyLadolce(m): 1:37pm On Jun 02, 2016
seniorboy1:

Thank you sir.
PM sent sir.
Ok good, will get back to you. Thanks.
Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by seniorboy1(m): 1:48pm On Jun 02, 2016
proffemi:

The question is: what are your mid-term (I'd say 7-10 years) and long-term (I'd say 15-25 years) career goals, and how will getting involved in politics get you closer to achieving them?

If you can identify a direct link between politics and your goals, then go ahead. Otherwise, forget about politics and identify other activities that are more likely to help you along your career arc faster.

Thank you sir, "my" academics.

I got the message in your post.

I will critically look into the career goals, though my mid-term career goals will not have anything to do with politics (election in particular but I won't turn down a reasonable appointment especially if based on education) except if the legislative arm passed the bill on age reduction into law. #NOTTOYOUNGTORUN
Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by seniorboy1(m): 1:58pm On Jun 02, 2016
CurrentSamuel:
OTHER PEOPLE DID IT AND OTHER PEOPLE ARE DOING IT

lilfizzie:
My brother dont mind these people telling you not to go ahead with ur dream. The president of my association was the second best graduating student in 2009, his counterpart in another university was the best graduating student in 2016 despite the fact that ladies had consecutively for 4yrs being the best graduating....they both performed well and both students achieved wht they would have normally achieved if they didnt participate in politics. if u can be a PRO before and still be in 4.76 u can do it brother.....ur resolve matters.

teepsee:
I would have asked you if you are doing well academically but it's obvious you are. Now to your question.

Yes you can as long as you still know your mean priority there in school, I will always say school is not all about books but learning, it's another phase in life entirely. My dear just make sure to know where to draw the line, don't let your politics get into you much than your primary purpose in school.

Thank you "sirs"
Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by seniorboy1(m): 2:13pm On Jun 02, 2016
Pyno30:
Yes. But don't ask me How.

The purpose of this thread is for full details of the action possibility.

I'm waiting for your scholarly advice sir.
Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by Adeshorla: 2:21pm On Jun 02, 2016
Crispels:

Your advice?

Very well then. Time and Chance won't permit me to write extensively on here, as this period has proven to be the busiest throughout my undergraduate days. Hence, I will suggest we converse on whatsapp so I'll address your specific concerns. Rather then giving a generic advice here.

Cheers,

Adeshola.
Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by seniorboy1(m): 2:34pm On Jun 02, 2016
eleko1:
Forget politic and face ur study. ur Papa nor send u go do politic. To avoid story dat touch

Thank you bro.

But note at a stage in ones life, you need the elders to advise you. @ the statement in bold, you don't know if politics was part of my agreement with my father at the commencement of my tertiary education.
Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by Crispels(m): 4:24pm On Jun 02, 2016
Adeshorla:

Very well then. Time and Chance won't permit me to write extensively on here, as this period has proven to be the busiest throughout my undergraduate days. Hence, I will suggest we converse on whatsapp so I'll address your specific concerns. Rather then giving a generic advice here.

Cheers,

Adeshola.

Kindly message me on whatsapp
Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by Adeshorla: 5:08pm On Jun 02, 2016
[quote author=Crispels post=46208748]

Well received, kindly edit your post to remove your number to guard against spammers. Would message you.

Best,

Adeshola.
Re: Academics And Politics: Can I Combine The Two In The University? by Crispels(m): 9:13pm On Jun 02, 2016
[quote author=Adeshorla post=46210007][/quote]

Okay bro... Expecting your message.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shettima Of Borno Orders Demolition Of Schools Renovated By Federal Govt / 75% Nigerian Children Can’t Read, Solve Maths – UNICEF / University Of Ado-ekiti (unad) Admission List 2009/2010 Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.