Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,730 members, 7,875,829 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:34 PM

Top Ten Lies We Believed As Kids In The Early 90s... - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Top Ten Lies We Believed As Kids In The Early 90s... (1619 Views)

The Worst Lies We Were Told As Children / Funny Myths We Believed As Kids In Nigeria / Must Read!!! Some Hoax We Believed While Growing Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Ten Lies We Believed As Kids In The Early 90s... by nellybadas: 10:19am On May 30, 2016
Life is fun. But Childhood is bliss. When i think of my days as a kid, i can't help but smile and wish it would all come back. Here are some of the ridiculous stuffs we believed as kids
1. Taking mango and garri simultaneously will kill you.
[img][/img] still scared to try it sha..

2. The Indian football team was barred from all competitions because they usually score 99 goals, or the opposing goal keeper sees a lion instead of the ball whenever a shot is played at his goalpost.[img][/img]

3. If you look upside down in the market, you would go mad.
[img][/img]hmmm...
4. If saliva drips from your mouth when talking, you want to eat chicken or are a probable THIEF!!!
[img][/img]my heart o
5. if you sing for a canary bird in Yoruba language (leke leke bami leke) it would give you white spots on your finger.
WTF?
6. it is dangerous to sing while bathing, it may attract evil spirits.
LIKE SERIOUSLY.
7. if you fart(pass gas) while being tickled at the same time, it can kill you.

8. Thunder Balogun, a Nigerian footballer was so powerful, he played a football into the sky in London, and it took two days before the ball came down.
Fantastically unbelievable..

9.Santa Claus(father Christmas) is real.
still having doubts
10. if you loose a milk tooth and it gets seen by a lizard, it would never grow back.
make i see am
Feel free to add more.......
written by Brosju...
Photo credit; Google search

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Lies We Believed As Kids In The Early 90s... by nellybadas: 10:22am On May 30, 2016
contd

Re: Top Ten Lies We Believed As Kids In The Early 90s... by nellybadas: 10:24am On May 30, 2016
contin

Re: Top Ten Lies We Believed As Kids In The Early 90s... by SuperSupremo(m): 10:25am On May 30, 2016
lolz
Re: Top Ten Lies We Believed As Kids In The Early 90s... by Dobxy(m): 6:41pm On May 30, 2016
No 6 is very real...
1. It attracts spirits/Gins (not necessarily evil), they wear your image and go about it...from religious perspective though

2. Scientifically, bathroom & toilet contain large numbers of bacteria/organisms in which you must always make serene everyday, and also don't open your mouth anyhow, religion perspective also supports this

3. In Yoruba culture, it is believed that Singing while Bathing is for a corpse, they'll be rendering some lineage appraisal, if the deceased is an occultic member, they'll be singing occultic songs & doing some ritual rites while bathing him. So, it is believed this act is for a corpse.

I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong!

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Lies We Believed As Kids In The Early 90s... by Donjuan20(m): 7:49pm On May 30, 2016
Nt that they are true ,no 1 us said to just avoid constipation ,why would u look upside down in a markket

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Comedy Audio : MC T’BOY Out With A New Comedy Skit Titled “mess” / When Your Bodyguard Sells You Out - Akpan And Oduma Comedy. / Funniest Don't Leave Me Challenge Compilations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.