Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,599 members, 7,941,291 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 10:52 PM

Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed (9673 Views)

Why President Buhari Is The Best For Nigeria - Lai Mohammed / "Fake News More Dangerous Than Insurgency, Can Break Nigeria" – Lai Mohammed / Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria- Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed by kunlesufyan(m): 6:14pm On Jun 01, 2016
This lai mohammed is really anawering his name....linus mba

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed by Rexyl(m): 6:14pm On Jun 01, 2016
yeah blood of the innocent shed by boko haram might have caused the problem. Abi how could boko haram evil have caused strange tomatoes disease, rending the land unproductive or unprofitable?
Re: Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed by Iwonimi(m): 6:14pm On Jun 01, 2016
First stupid Yoruba man i av seen in my life......... he always think pple re stupid like him..... he will just as if other's re illiterate

onira agbalagba

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed by jojothaiv(m): 6:15pm On Jun 01, 2016
sirgbeja:
Don't know which one to believe again. Some said it's Dangote that's buying all the tomatoes from the northern farmers to produce his tomato paste. now, oga Lai is blaming the bokos. Ok, I will blame seun for not becoming a farmer
I will rather blame Buhari...

Runaway in split seconds...

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed by teepsee(f): 6:15pm On Jun 01, 2016
Been waiting for something like this for long, I know this excuse for long. They just can't change, shifting blames at all time. Next will be that PDP all caused it. Confused chicken

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed by princeade86(m): 6:15pm On Jun 01, 2016
[b][/b] lipsrsealed undecided :Dmr. lier mohammed don come again oooooooo...... ;Dmr. lier mohammed don come again oooooooo......
Re: Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed by ipreach: 6:15pm On Jun 01, 2016
kwakwakwakwakwa
Re: Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed by ummeey: 6:16pm On Jun 01, 2016
This man is a mistake not a minister.
Re: Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed by brownbetty: 6:17pm On Jun 01, 2016
At least, he is smart enough this time not to blame GEJ for the scarcity.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed by HomeOfMe(f): 6:18pm On Jun 01, 2016
vorigan:
Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed says degraded insurgent group, Boko Haram, are responsible for the ongoing scarcity of tomato in the country.

Speaking on Channels Television, the Minister said farmers have been forced to quit the North East due to the level of insecurity in the region.

According to Mohammed,“People talk about the price of tomato but they forget one thing; they forget that the price of tomato today is a direct result of the fact that we have lost two years harvest to Boko Haram insurgency.

“Most of the people you see riding Okada (motorcycles) in Lagos are people who would have been in the farm to produce consumable items.”

Attributing the scarcity of tomatoes to insurgency, the Minister said, “Do you farm where there is war? We have lost two seasons of harvest in addition we have had very poor rainfall last year and this year. These are the combined responsible for the scarcity of tomato. Go and ask economists and agriculturists, they will tell you.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/06/01/boko-haram-responsible-for-scarcity-of-tomato-in-nigeria-lai-mohammed/

lalasticlala, ishilove, mynd44
I thought they said it was a particular kind of insects eating up the seeds..
Re: Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed by iroc4eva: 6:18pm On Jun 01, 2016
foolish man,... just in a yr and u guys are blaming even the non blamable, in gej's 5 yrs leadership, boko haram was raking havoc and there was never a time that we recorded or heard of scarcity of any commodity that was supposed to come from North, during the great flooding , de whole of Nigeria expected some commodities like yam to be scarce but it never was ,.... is like buhari/ APC are tired of blaming gej , they are shifting attention, very soon they will start to blame the Nigerian masses for voting n trusting them... bunch of charlatans

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed by LOVEGINO(m): 6:18pm On Jun 01, 2016
Does this old man have family? Why is he embarrassing his children?

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed by Kenturkey048(m): 6:20pm On Jun 01, 2016
cycline404:
This man should be tied and flogged, I don't even know how many strokes of koboko
my guy. U dey vex oo.
Re: Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed by dkayc: 6:22pm On Jun 01, 2016
Are we sure this man properly finished his education? So these farmers left their lands early this year? Or did BH menace begin this year?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed by Ahmeduana(m): 6:23pm On Jun 01, 2016
[quote author=vorigan post=46179736]
Where is my BA-JI-NA-TU, i need to teach somebody when not to lie, and that a lying elder is a useless elder, IS IT NOT THE SAME INSURGENCY THAT YOU'VE TECHNICAL KNOCKED OUT SINCE 2015?

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed by mkoabiola: 6:26pm On Jun 01, 2016
BUt y are ppu ar castigating lie muhammed,
He is saying d truth
I guess ppu don't eant to hear anytin frm mr lie even if he is saying d truth
Re: Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed by kenmaro: 6:26pm On Jun 01, 2016
Big lie, oga Lai Mohammed! i got you on this lie. Tomatoes are largely cultivated in the North-west and North-central Nigeria. And the interior farm areas of these zones are not affected by Boko haram activities. The North-Eastern Nigeria is a Sahel region which mostly cultivate cereals, beans, and etc, and there's less large irrigation farming compared to the two other regions. Oga Lai! make you take am easy. It's better oga Lai keeps mute in some matters.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed by HomeOfMe(f): 6:27pm On Jun 01, 2016
I still bought a basket of tomatoes for #5k earlier in the year..!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed by Exponental(m): 6:32pm On Jun 01, 2016
lying Mohammed!!!!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed by anny268(f): 6:37pm On Jun 01, 2016
I'm sure they are also responsible for the hike in prices of other commodities and also for fuel scarcity. This man is becoming more and more annoying. sad sad

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed by TruthHurts1(m): 6:45pm On Jun 01, 2016
If you're going to tell LIES at least do your homework MR LAI. Was it not in February this year that there was a glut in tomato production? It was even reported on Nairaland:

https://www.nairaland.com/2939685/tomato-glut-hits-katsina-markets

Now you're blaming the Boko Boys who you claim to have "technically" defeated for tomato shortage.

LAI, you can save your LIES for your APC audience. The rest of us aren't as st.u.pid as you think we are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed by cycline404(m): 6:53pm On Jun 01, 2016
Kenturkey048:
my guy. U dey vex oo.

That man need bulala
Re: Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed by Somzii(m): 6:55pm On Jun 01, 2016
D real truth

Re: Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed by just2endowed: 7:03pm On Jun 01, 2016
mkoabiola:
BUt y are ppu ar castigating lie muhammed,
He is saying d truth
I guess ppu don't eant to hear anytin frm mr lie even if he is saying d truth

My bro which truth? If he had said that the herdsmen caused the scarcity, it would have been understandable. But will he blame buhari people? I don't blame him for lying.
Re: Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed by KingsleyCEO: 7:04pm On Jun 01, 2016
and the devil will be like lie lie Mohammed angry
but seriously I wish this guy can think before he talk, it's would have nice shall.
Re: Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed by kabu: 7:19pm On Jun 01, 2016
So pests are now BH?
Re: Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed by Ishilove: 8:14pm On Jun 01, 2016
vorigan:
Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed says degraded insurgent group, Boko Haram, are responsible for the ongoing scarcity of tomato in the country.

Speaking on Channels Television, the Minister said farmers have been forced to quit the North East due to the level of insecurity in the region.

According to Mohammed,“People talk about the price of tomato but they forget one thing; they forget that the price of tomato today is a direct result of the fact that we have lost two years harvest to Boko Haram insurgency.

“Most of the people you see riding Okada (motorcycles) in Lagos are people who would have been in the farm to produce consumable items.”

Attributing the scarcity of tomatoes to insurgency, the Minister said, “Do you farm where there is war? We have lost two seasons of harvest in addition we have had very poor rainfall last year and this year. These are the combined responsible for the scarcity of tomato. Go and ask economists and agriculturists, they will tell you.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/06/01/boko-haram-responsible-for-scarcity-of-tomato-in-nigeria-lai-mohammed/

lalasticlala, ishilove, mynd44
Lai Mohammed, stop embarrassing yourself. Jeez
Re: Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:22pm On Jun 01, 2016
Ishilove:

Lai Mohammed, stop embarrassing yourself. Jeez

Nigerians lost brain cells after reading this cheesy . But wait for him to debunk claims that he made these comments
Re: Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed by Ishilove: 8:23pm On Jun 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Nigerians lost brain cells after reading this cheesy . But wait for him to debunk claims that he made these comments
He was misquoted grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019 Rivers State Governorship: The Rivers Ijaw Position / President Buhari To Receive The 2018 Budget Tomorrow - Saraki / Bandits Kill Five Residents, Burn Police Station, Sack Communities In Katsina

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.