Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,684 members, 7,905,526 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 01:31 PM

The Things That Pull Us Apart Are More Than The Things That Bring Us Together - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Things That Pull Us Apart Are More Than The Things That Bring Us Together (327 Views)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Reacts To Sex Scandal: "I'm Tough, Can't Bring Me Down" / Mbaka: Buhari Working With Those Who Will Pull Him Down / Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Things That Pull Us Apart Are More Than The Things That Bring Us Together by Justoc: 9:09pm On Jun 05, 2016
The greatest gift from God which heals all wounds and binds us together is love.
Understanding the meaning of love varies from individual, and it appears more emotional than it actually is. There is however, no doubt that if understood in the fullest, acquired and put in action, love will achieve more than what we imagined.
Being affectionate to one another is good but love is better. What is more commendable than sacrifice for others, if not love? Tolerance will work, but without love, it can be stretched beyond its limit. Men will praise you when you give to meet the need of others through philanthropy or other means, but love is much more than giving.

Love and lust are quite different. Love is selfless, not ‘I, Me and Myself’. Love is a gift from God. One cannot show it, if he has not gotten the gift from God, who is love Himself. Love bears all things, believes all things, and endures all things. How?

The fact is that it is difficult to define love, but it can be felt. A child know what is love, no wonder she cannot stop crying until handed over to the mother’s waiting palms. Even in hunger, a lioness cannot feed on its little ones, an evidence of love.

Love is holistic. It makes you want to care, not only for the physical need but also for the soul of the individual. Christ showed example of this perfect love for humanity. Turning fishes into bread cannot wipe away the doom awaiting man. He had to subject Himself to the ultimate sacrifice. For there was no other way humanity should have been saved once and for all, except for the shedding of blood of He who is innocent (sinless).

This He did on the cross. He did not commit the sin himself, but He bore the consequence of it. He was already in heaven, but had to come down to earth just for this purpose. The pains of the sacrifice were too much to bear but He had to do it. He did it, just for me and you. And today, our soul is no more condemned (only for those who believe that his sacrifice on the cross is meant for them).

Learn from Christ. Ask Him for this gift called Love. Put it on. For with Christ-like love, all is well.
(I Corinthians 13, Psalm 133:1)

www.blog.floatingingrace.com

(1) (Reply)

Avoiding A Bad Marriage. / Lemon Squeeze / Online Sunday Service.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.