Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,354 members, 7,888,124 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:00 PM

How Do You Select A Good Builder? - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Do You Select A Good Builder? (24776 Views)

Sure and better deals...bend Down And Select!!! / Help Select The Best Color For My House / What Is The Difference Between A Builder And A Civil Engineer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Select A Good Builder? by Horlardorjah(m): 2:38pm On Dec 07, 2021
somehow:

Sorry but which part of my comment are you quoting sir?

I think he meant the fins
Re: How Do You Select A Good Builder? by somehow: 3:09pm On Dec 07, 2021
Horlardorjah:

I think he meant the fins

Yes, the fins were initially built without rebar by him which made one to fall. Everything was later removed to be redone.

Just imagine.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Select A Good Builder? by abdulwastecx(m): 3:17pm On Dec 07, 2021
somehow:

Sorry but which part of my comment are you quoting sir?

The part where you said that the lintel he cast collapsed. I'm just surprised that any builder or engineer can do such

1 Like

Re: How Do You Select A Good Builder? by somehow: 3:46pm On Dec 07, 2021
abdulwastecx:

The part where you said that the lintel he cast collapsed. I'm just surprised that any builder or engineer can do such

I didn't say any lintel collapsed sir, I only said he did 2 bad lintels we had to remove. They were not resting on the blocks on at least one side.

It was the owner of the Estate that brought it to my notice, I didn't see them during my visits.
Re: How Do You Select A Good Builder? by abdulwastecx(m): 3:50pm On Dec 07, 2021
somehow:

I didn't say any lintel collapsed sir, I only said he did 2 bad lintels we had to remove. They were not resting on the blocks on at least one side.

It was the owner of the Estate that brought it to my notice, I didn't see them during my visits.

Okay. Thqnks
Re: How Do You Select A Good Builder? by abdulwastecx(m): 3:50pm On Dec 07, 2021
somehow:

Okay. Thanks
Re: How Do You Select A Good Builder? by Stopthecap: 10:51am On Dec 08, 2021
somehow:
I know some of the elders here indirectly gave him thumbs down when I enquired but I know he won't go free from this without a severe scar if he doesn't refund me.

I told him on site that I'm a young man and young people don't forget or let things go easily. I can be a dove if I want to and I can be a beast if need be.

My work hasn't stopped because of the refund but I worked for that money and will get it whichever way possible.

I had to redo 2 lintels that he did anyhow.

The fins he previously casted fell, there and then did we discover there was no rebar used. Just sand, cement and granites.

He was made to redo those ones.

Wanted to build my security house without pillars, had to use unbudgeted money to make sure my PM put pillars there.

He also didn't do German floor for the SH, rather went ahead to erect walls without pillars/German floor.

There are other things not share yet which we have managed /currently managing and correcting. ( low budget electrical and plumbing pipes, low grade steel trusses).

The beginning was smooth and sweet until 97.5% of the funds got to him.

smh..
It is sad to see that more people are falling for Nairaland's resident fraudulent builder. The number of shoddy building and damage he has done on this platform is extensive...and people keep falling for his packaging...its all good until he gets the money ....and he is on to the NEXT project

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Select A Good Builder? by Abudu2000(m): 6:57am On Dec 09, 2021
seunpinky:

A leopard never changes it's spots.

The cycle is simple:
1. show off bits and pieces of pics
2. Claim to have d best tools and machineries
3. Make sweet posts on the thread
4. Get a contract
5. Give d project a big fanciful name
7. Never ever completes the project without issues
8. Ends up fighting with the client
9. Always claims to be right and all knowing
grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) / Ogun Demolishes Illegal Structures In Kara Along Lagos Ibadan Expressway / Exquisite home at Amen Estate, Eleko, Lekki. with Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.