Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,990 members, 7,899,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 02:24 PM

Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. (22284 Views)

Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike / Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform / Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by MakeWeTalk: 3:26pm On Jun 08, 2016
hhh
Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 3:27pm On Jun 08, 2016
Montaque:
Was ngige ever a labour leader, industrialist or businessman? Everyday u see round pegs in square holes, what is a medical doctor doing as min of labiur n productivity?
don't forget it took baba six months to appoint these ministers, so let's give him time to settle down.change is a gradual process ,no rush rush
Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by holyfather(m): 3:27pm On Jun 08, 2016
mazimee:
I never in my entire life thought that Ngige will turn out this low . Ngige was once loved and celebrated in Anambra State. Now, he is not only irrelevant in his home state, he now has stench of cluelessness all over him.

He hasn't changed, he's just being the same man he had always been.
People were just too naive to see through his theatrics then... Just like APC and Buhari, during the last campaign.

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by holyfather(m): 3:31pm On Jun 08, 2016
Oyimeoyimemua:
don't forget it took baba six months to appoint these ministers, so let's give him time to settle down.change is a gradual process ,no rush rush

I believe you don't want me to tell you where to shove that your "change is a gradual process" crap.
How long is it gonna take?
How long?
Till we're all dead, maybe.

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 3:31pm On Jun 08, 2016
I told myself upon graduation that I will never work for any body, i would rather be self made in this country where ther is no job security. Am my own boss and I have no regrets
Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by nzogwu(m): 3:32pm On Jun 08, 2016
dikeigbo2:
Confusions everywhere, how did we get into this in the first place?

...Na who I go ask?
Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by Remii(m): 3:33pm On Jun 08, 2016
Impatience everywhere, Ngige did not command banks and other companies not to sack, he said they must discuss and disengage them according to terms of employment. He said govt will not condone summary sack without entitlements. This actually is to protect casual workers.

“If you are going to lay off there is a way to declare redundancy, there is a process. Section 20 of the labour Act says it. You must call the unions and discuss with them. You don’t just treat them as slaves in their own country,” Ngige said.

He also cautioned the managements of telecommunication companies, said to be compiling lists of staff they will retrench without discussing with anybody, against such action.

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 3:38pm On Jun 08, 2016
holyfather:

I believe you don't want me to tell you where to shove that your "change is a gradual process" crap.
How long is gonna take?
How long?
No way!!!! the change will meet us alife and it will definatly come.ur blood dey hot ohhh,cool temper abeg baba is cleaning his blocked ear in d us and once he comes bk things will fall into shape grin
holyfather:

How long is gonna take?
How long?
No way!!!! the change will meet us alife and it will definatly come.ur blood dey hot ohhh,cool temper abeg baba is cleaning his blocked ear in d us and once he comes bk things will fall into shape

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by gbishman: 3:42pm On Jun 08, 2016
If my memory serves me well, i call Ngige studied MEdicine and as such should be medical doctor.
What Amazes me is that over time one would expect his years of practicing should have influenced his dressing culture i.e always look smart and respectable rather than dress up like a love-vendor representing Nigeria.
But what do u find you see him wearing a necklace like a woman and worse still putting on more than one necklace and numerous ring rings depicting himself like a love-vendor.
This man has to be called to order or enrolled in some sort of course which teaches dressing ethics.
Its quite unfortunate, i just wonder who takes him seriously.

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by Onyenna(m): 3:44pm On Jun 08, 2016
damton:
v

To Mogadishu

Mi-O-Lo!!!!

Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by agitator: 3:46pm On Jun 08, 2016
philfrey08:

Move to where...
Did they do anything when banks started charging unneccesary rubbish?

lol, don't tell me on this issue, you were expecting any reasonable comment from the zombies angry angry angry
Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 08, 2016
gobe!!!
Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by ridwanayo(m): 3:57pm On Jun 08, 2016
I can't blame him,apc stinks of cluelessness,once u pitch ur tent with them,automatically u become clueless
Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by papoose321: 3:57pm On Jun 08, 2016
Abeg epp me ask d brief man

Pheals:
See teeth grin

If u collect there license how many workers will be jobless? The economic is bad no solutions ! Will the workers works without paymwent
Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by Reference(m): 3:57pm On Jun 08, 2016
Silly man.
Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by agitator: 4:03pm On Jun 08, 2016
Remii:
Impatience everywhere, Ngige did not command banks and other companies not to sack, he said they must discuss and disengage them according to terms of employment. He said govt will not condone summary sack without entitlements. This actually is to protect casual workers.

“If you are going to lay off there is a way to declare redundancy, there is a process. Section 20 of the labour Act says it. You must call the unions and discuss with them. You don’t just treat them as slaves in their own country,” Ngige said.

He also cautioned the managements of telecommunication companies, said to be compiling lists of staff they will retrench without discussing with anybody, against such action.

Na you get the company so dem go come discuss with you who to drop an who go stay, so that the politicians go fight for their relatives to be excluded ba. u try. When dem employ dem discus with anybody? wink wink wink
Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by stefan388: 4:05pm On Jun 08, 2016
dikeigbo2:
Confusions everywhere, how did we get into this in the first place?
It is no joke. This country is in a very serious trouble. I must frankly advise every body to plan very well. This Buhari's four years is becoming more more dangerious. There is serious hopelesness. Confusion every where. Serious job loss. This is unfair of Buhari and his apc.
Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by ose2me: 4:06pm On Jun 08, 2016
Ngige is a medical doctor and should have been minister of Health or nothing. Him being minister of Labour is all shades of wrong, so are his decisions. Blame him not but the homo sapiens who placed him there.
Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by tivereegega(m): 4:09pm On Jun 08, 2016
THE BANKS MK MONIES WELL, BUT CHOSE TO LAY OFF STAFF AND ADD UP THEIR PAY TO IT PROFIT MARGINS JUST AS OTHER INDUSTRIES IN NIGERIA.
Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by damton(m): 4:20pm On Jun 08, 2016
Onyenna:

Mi-O-Lo!!!!

shey o sure. igbadun wa n be o
Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by Remii(m): 4:21pm On Jun 08, 2016
agitator:

Na you get the company so dem go come discuss with you who to drop an who go stay, so that the politicians go fight for their relatives to be excluded ba. u try. When dem employ dem discus with anybody? wink wink wink
not discuss with govt but the workers. Sentiments apart, this should be commended if not for so much hate in the polity these days. Job security is what citizen should enjoy the act of logging people of at end of month is callous and could lead to people panicking with resultant negative consequences.
Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 08, 2016
Remii:
not discuss with govt but the workers. Sentiments apart, this should be commended if not for so much hate in the polity these days. Job security is what citizen should enjoy the act of logging people of at end of month is callous and could lead to people panicking with resultant negative consequences.

I get your point... the banks should have engaged the unions more before laying off. Although it depends on the existing conditions of service thet have on ground

Nevertheless, Ngige's statement was too brash considering that banks are already in murky waters with the economic downturn.... if investors start dumping stocks because of the licence statement the jobs he is trying to protect will become a non issue. Telcos are already reeling from NCC clampdowns as well.

We dont need anybody creating artificial problems in an already sick economy

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by nigerianvenom(m): 4:45pm On Jun 08, 2016
Ben Murray-Bruce wrote:

This administration must lose its military mentality. How can you be ordering private business not to sack and threatening to withdraw licenses? How? If the Federal Government orders bank not to sack their staff will the FG also order the ministry of finance to pay the staff salaries banks can no longer pay because of the hasty implementation of the TSA? If they withdraw the bank's license wouldn't the bank be forced to sack even more people? Let us use our brains to fix this economy rather than our mouths!
Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by chigoizie7(m): 4:49pm On Jun 08, 2016
Ngige lost it all the moment he joined APC.

Just look @ his stupid treats.

Does he make profits for the banks?

How dare him Issue such statement?

Has his party led administration provided a conducive environment and markets to sustain the banking sector?

These people just ooze of incompetency.

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by Myself2(m): 4:50pm On Jun 08, 2016
mazimee:
I never in my entire life thought that Ngige will turn out this low . Ngige was once loved and celebrated in Anambra State. Now, he is not only irrelevant in his home state, he now has stench of cluelessness all over him.

Any goat follow bingo do padi padi go must chop shiit

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by guychidile: 4:59pm On Jun 08, 2016
top story for those who doesn't know their left and right.
OK,may I ask ..,will government bail out the banks to pay their staffs..
the economy is getting worsen and worsen,what bank will do is pls...don't sack your workers rather reduce their salaries and still accommodate them,pls and let all bank workers understand and do the need full and still do your duties prudentially.
this is my humble plea for bank workers.
Either you take my advice or you leave it,but don't hang me.
Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by meltiplexer: 5:15pm On Jun 08, 2016
He is just try say something about situation because is the Minister of Labour,If he did not say anything Nigerian will complain that the federal government is silence while the bank are sacking staff anyhow.

May GOD have mercy on Nigeria, Naijabet, Bet9ja, Merrrybet and 9jabet are one of the ways for making extra income
Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by ikennaoma(m): 5:35pm On Jun 08, 2016
na wa for this country!!! bank sacks staff ppl will blame govt. govt comes to d aid the ppl the same ppl blames the govt for coming to there aid.
Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by ogawisdom(m): 5:59pm On Jun 08, 2016
Montaque:
Was ngige ever a labour leader, industrialist or businessman? Everyday u see round pegs in square holes, what is a medical doctor doing as min of labiur n productivity?

And to think it took olodo buhari 7 months to locate n appoint him is beyond rational scrutiny sad
Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by goziem1982(m): 6:01pm On Jun 08, 2016
Nigeria is very unfortunate to have him as a minister.
Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by Adesiji77: 6:59pm On Jun 08, 2016
House of commotion...
Re: Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. by Nwulia(f): 7:35pm On Jun 08, 2016
Montaque:
ask bubu grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

80 Boko Haram Men Join ISIS In Libya ,niger ( Pic) / D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo / Labour Rejects Aregbsola’s Half Salaries - PUNCH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.