Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,878 members, 7,872,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:09 AM

Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? (29481 Views)

The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed / FG Signs Mou On Warri-abuja Rail Project..picture. / Abuja-kaduna Rail Project No Longer Feasible In May – Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by braining01: 11:38am On Jun 09, 2016
GOD bless you bro....Those are the agents of OPERATION STATIC.
aresa:

Lagos Metro Rail Project goes beyond what you listed and the project is not limited to metro rail.

Ethiopia's rail project is just a rail project

Lagos state metro includes 27km metro rail with multiple lines

54 km 10 lane expressway

BRT access

Stations

Overhead bridges

Rail bridge across the Lagos Lagoon

Power station

Get your facts straight...

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by barcelona007(f): 11:40am On Jun 09, 2016
deeplow:
Haba na. Dont be naive. You cant compare the two. They did not include Omo onile and Akiolu in the budget for Ethiopia's light rail na. That can add quite a lot to the budget.

Nigeria is known to use better quality materials for construction. This is evident in our hospitals,schools and world class roads.

27km in Nigeria is quite longer than 34 in Ethiopia. Basis for measurement is different.

Chief Amaechi himself will corner some of the money.Na where person dey work, hin dey chop.
oboy ur head dey Dere, u no d government well, government of d thief by d thief
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by aresa: 11:47am On Jun 09, 2016
kinibigdeal:

Very funny. Probably you want me to give you the full details of their rail project or you find out yourself. Lagos rail line is such a scam

I thought you started the thread to pass knowledge so why hold on to details that doesn't exist beyond the ignorant rubbish doesn't you posted already
?

You hate your country so much and so tribally consumed that you accept and think inferior and low scale rubbish in another country is better than the more comprehensive and sophisticated project in your own country.

The Lagos metro system with 10 lane expressway is the largest public works project in Nigeria and the whole of Africa as we speak.

This is the kind of project sovereign nations embark on and not an ordinary state in Nigeria.

Ethiopia is a country and Lagos state is a state.

It took a whole country like UAE with vast oil money to complete ordinary metro rail project without 54km expressway or having to build a whole metro bridge over any body of water like the Lagos lagoon.

The things that your should be proud of about your own country is what you hate so much .. You gladly assept lesser and inferior things from other countries as superior and better than yours when in fact common sense and a little education should tell you it's the other way around.

Beats me why you and your kind don't reserve your hatred and bitterness for your village leaders with nothing to show for your taxes and allocations.

You spend so much time hating other people and their progress that you remain blind to your own lack of progress or anything to show for your existence.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by blazetitov: 11:49am On Jun 09, 2016
GuyfawkesAB:
The problem of this Nation is not the current power outages, high inflation or corruption. It is the dearth of intelligent, patriotic, well-educated and driven youth, the power base of any Nation. I see a reflection of the type of future we face in the posts, responses and reasoning of the youth here on Nairaland.

It's scary bro!!
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by osita76(m): 11:53am On Jun 09, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Lagos Light Rail Line is too costly compare to a similar project in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia .

Please see below :

Addis Ababa Light Rail Project,Span : 34Km. Cost : $475m
number of Stations : 39
Project Tenure : 2011 - 2015

Status : The project is already completed and running effectively .

Lagos Light Rail project

Span : 27km
Cost : $1.2Bn
number of Stations : 13
project Tenure : 2010 till date

Is the new 4th mainland bridge worth the cost?
Evidence of corrupt leaders and also in apc state but I think they are saints
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by rlauncher(m): 11:57am On Jun 09, 2016
[quote author=ever811 post=46402093]hope u read the news about a yoloba man that stole ,$4 million in London today..if u do then you hv got the answer its in their blood.

shut it there. This nothing more than hate speech
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by aresa: 12:02pm On Jun 09, 2016
riddler4real:

Now check this out.... it cost UAE $7billion to construct a world class metro line of over 74km. And with 49 stations and 79 five car trains each fully automated(no driver)
And note that here in dubai the terrain is sandy (desert) so it's more expensive to build on it..... also some of the stations are underground and all stations are fully air conditioned.

Now compare that with what the Lagos state govt is struggling to achieve and you will see that the op isn't high but only being a concerned citizen who wants to know why?

Stop the meaningless and ignorant comparisons.

Lagos is a state in Nigeria with less than 3 billion yearly budget that's not even enough to start or complete such massive project at once while UAE is a sovereign country with hundreds of billions of sovereign wealth and oil money to start and complete with zero money issue.

Even with all their money, it still took them 8years to complete.

Lagos metro started in 2012 so show us anywhere in the world where they completed a 27 km metro with 54km 10 lane freeway, BRT, stations, over head bridges, 5km metro bridge over any lagoon and power station in less than 4 years.

Don't try because i know you can not.

That was a roadside, layman and elementary comparison from top to botom.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by gidig(m): 12:07pm On Jun 09, 2016
correction. The Lagos Light Rail project also comes with a ten lane expressway and I dont think it is 27km. I think it is closer to 60 km
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by AZeD1(m): 12:10pm On Jun 09, 2016
Ximonak:

That's a big fat lie
From under-bridge, Trade Fair to badagry no single work has being done.
This China guys are too slow, Berger started the road work to mile2 very fast and step by step.
CCECC will just close the road causing terrible traffic, still no work done
I'm not talking of the road. I'm talking of the railway.
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by Ifebazz(m): 12:12pm On Jun 09, 2016
Blame Jonathan, he was president in 2010 when the project started. But wait a minute, Lagos is an APC state ooh. Or did PDP smuggle its members there for the contracts only?
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 09, 2016
It shocked me when i googled the cost of 8 seater cessna plane to be around $3-$4million , and while on inspection tour of air force planes one guide told our senator almost $10miilion , the way he stammered in saying it was what prompted me to google it up.
Welcome to Nigeria.
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by aresa: 12:18pm On Jun 09, 2016
sucess001:
i just did some research. its the same thing in Ethiophia as Lagos...hence they need to revisit that contract....someone has not acted cleanly...

Addis Ababa Light Rail
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Addis Ababa Light Rail (Amharic: የአዲስ አበባ ቀላል ባቡር) is a light rail transportation system in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.[3][4] A 17-kilometre (11 mi) line running from the city centre to industrial areas in the south of the city opened on 20 September 2015.[5][6] Service began on 9 November 2015 for the second line (west-east).[7][8] The total length of both lines is 31.6 kilometres (19.6 mi), with 39 stations.[7] Trains are expected to be able to reach maximum speeds of 70 km/h (43 mph).[9]

The railway was contracted by the China Railway Group Limited. The Ethiopian Railways Corporation began construction of the double track electrified light rail transit project in December 2011 after securing funds from the Export-Import Bank of China.[10] Trial operations were begun on 1 February 2015,[9] with several months of testing following that.[11] It is operated by the Shenzhen Metro Group.[12]

Light Rail running through parallel to the street (Haile Gebreselassie Avenue)
This light-rail system was the first to be built in sub-saharan Africa.[3][5][6] Of the two line rail lines, the east-west line extends 17.4 kilometres (10.8 mi), stretching from Ayat Village to Torhailoch, and passing through Megenagna, Meskel Square, Legehar and Mexico Square. The north-south line, which is 16.9 kilometres (10.5 mi) in length, passes through Menelik II Square, Merkato, Lideta, Legehar, Meskel Square, Gotera and Kaliti. However, two lines have a common track of about 2.7 km.[10]The common track is the elevated section which runs east to west across the southern edge of the CBD from Meskel Square to Mexico Square, and onwards to Lideta. Trains on the north south line are blue and white, whilst on the east west line they are green and white. The Fares cost 2-6 Ethiopian birr.[5][6] Tickets are bought at orange coloured kiosks next to each station.

The final cost to build the railway was US$475m, with construction taking three years.[6] The Addis Ababa Light Rail was originally to have a total of 41 stations on its two lines, and each train was planned have a capacity to carry 286 passengers. This will enable the light rail transit to provide a transportation service to 15,000 passengers per hour per direction (PPHPD) and 60,000 in all four directions.[10] The railway lines have their own dedicated power grid.[6][13]

Your flawed research sadly and obviously did not tell you that this is a case of apple and oranges.

Is the cost of labor and manpower the same in both countries?

Is the price of tools, equipment and material the same?

Is cost of shipping and imports the same?

Is Ethiopia also building a 54km expressway with their land metro?

Is Ethiopia also sticking and pilling rods into the lagos lagoon for a 5km metro bridge?

Do you mind telling us exactly how much Ethiopia paid in compensations to land and house owners along their route?

Do you also mind telling us how much was paid to and move and replace power poles along the route and so on and in.?

Copying and pasting rubbish is not research..

Don't substitute ignorance with the word research.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by isnovic(m): 12:20pm On Jun 09, 2016
koladebrainiac:

.go n carry calculator.calculate how much we sellling dollar

Also consider the terrains n routes it has to take.
Consider the aquatic nature of Lagos.

Dude, that will not make the cost price for our project 3 times that in Ethiopia.

Even if we lay the rail tracks with gold.

However, from the earlier contributor who averred that the projects comes with the Badagry-CMS 54KM 10 Lane road, Over head bridges and the train route bridges over Lagos Lagoon.

Even at that, the price is still unjustifiably high.

We must begin to help ourselves to survive, as all this sort of stupidity is what makes other countries think they can come to our country and treat our people like scum.
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by mikeapollo: 12:32pm On Jun 09, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Lagos Light Rail Line is too costly compare to a similar project in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia .

Please see below :

Addis Ababa Light Rail Project,Span : 34Km. Cost : $475m
number of Stations : 39
Project Tenure : 2011 - 2015

Status : The project is already completed and running effectively .

Lagos Light Rail project

Span : 27km
Cost : $1.2Bn
number of Stations : 13
project Tenure : 2010 till date

Is the new 4th mainland bridge worth the cost?

Project inflation may be part, because the Fashola govt was extremely corrupt and was not for outrageously inflating contract prices. If a man can build a personal website for N78million, then you know what such person can do with a huge project. He also claimed to have spent about N8billion to renovate a 7 kilometer Western Avenue road. That tells you how deeply corrupt Fashola govt was!

But generally speaking, you need to consider the scope of work, topography, environmental factors and long-term planning when you compare project costs.
Ethiopia lies in the Sahel region (if I am not mistaken) and has a more plain topography. Lagos on the other hand lies in the Mangrove region with a lot of swampy lands. The costs of such project will be higher for Lagos
Again, the Lagos project is an after thought. It was never planned at the inception of the state. A lot of buildings/structures have to be demolished, reconstructed, compensations paid etc. The Ethiopia project will definitely be cheaper if it had been planned long ago before now because the government would ensure that people did not build structures along the corridor/space ear-marked for the project. The Lagos will involve a lot of structural changes to existing facilities!

The best comparison would be between similar projects situated at similar terrains, e.g. Lagos and Port Harcourt.
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by kumulus(m): 12:41pm On Jun 09, 2016
@op Now that you've all these information, what is your decision?
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by kumulus(m): 12:51pm On Jun 09, 2016
mikeapollo:

Project inflation may be part, because the Fashola govt was extremely corrupt and was not for outrageously inflating contract prices. If a man can build a personal website for N78million, then you know what such person can do with a huge project. He also claimed to have spent about N8billion to renovate a 7 kilometer Western Avenue road. That tells you how deeply corrupt Fashola govt was!

But generally speaking, you need to consider the scope of work, topography, environmental factors and long-term planning when you compare project costs.
Ethiopia lies in the Sahel region (if I am not mistaken) and has a more plain topography. Lagos on the other hand lies in the Mangrove region with a lot of swampy lands. The costs of such project will be higher for Lagos
Again, the Lagos project is an after thought. It was never planned at the inception of the state. A lot of buildings/structures have to be demolished, reconstructed, compensations paid etc. The Ethiopia project will definitely be cheaper if it had been planned long ago before now because the government would ensure that people did not build structures along the corridor/space ear-marked for the project. The Lagos will involve a lot of structural changes to existing facilities!

The best comparison would be between similar projects situated at similar terrains, e.g. Lagos and Port Harcourt.

Like that last part.....makes me wonder why states in Nigeria had no existing model....people just dey build houses anyhow....now they complain of contract inflation. The problem has always been from the inception. This is why I tell people that there was never a plan for the entity called "Nigeria".... We the younger generation need set our minds on starting out fresh....not living off the energy of the "dead leaders"...... This politicians won't stop until they know we aren't willing to take their shit anymore. Mind you, their kids are billionaires already....they don't give a f**k.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by chinchum(m): 1:51pm On Jun 09, 2016
sabama007:

Well, what's the economy of Dubai like when compared that of Nigeria?

I'm not backing up the budget of the Lagos light rail but then we all know how things are in Nigeria. Corruption is a bane to our socio-economic growth.

Well, I'd like you to help me with the links showing the features of the Dubai rail as well as that of Lagos.

I want to be well informed
That one is ignorant, the moment he wrote it cost more to build same projects on a desert terrain than a marshy land, i knew he was a clown.
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by riddler4real(m): 2:25pm On Jun 09, 2016
aresa:

Stop the meaningless and ignorant comparisons.

Lagos is a state in Nigeria with less than 3 billion yearly budget that's not even enough to start or complete such massive project at once while UAE is a sovereign country with hundreds of billions of sovereign wealth and oil money to start and complete with zero money issue.

Even with all their money, it still took them 8years to complete.

Lagos metro started in 2012 so show us anywhere in the world where they completed a 27 km metro with 54km 10 lane freeway, BRT, stations, over head bridges, 5km metro bridge over any lagoon and power station in less than 4 years.

Don't try because i know you can not.

That was a roadside, layman and elementary comparison from top to botom.

You just making no sense..... I live in Dubai and I have lived in lagos.... and I tell u 10 years ago most of Dubai was a desert.... you can enlighten yourself if u take ur time to do more research...
And save urself from ur ignorance.
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by riddler4real(m): 2:28pm On Jun 09, 2016
sabama007:

Well, what's the economy of Dubai like when compared that of Nigeria?

I'm not backing up the budget of the Lagos light rail but then we all know how things are in Nigeria. Corruption is a bane to our socio-economic growth.

Well, I'd like you to help me with the links showing the features of the Dubai rail as well as that of Lagos.

I want to be well informed

I live in Dubai.... Nigerian has a far lager economy than the UAE..... At work now but I promise u when I close tonight I will give u a more informed response
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 09, 2016
riddler4real:

I live in Dubai.... Nigerian has a far lager economy than the UAE..... At work now but I promise u when I close tonight I will give u a more informed response

My brother stays there too n I know what he makes every months compared to me that's been working for years in Naija

Thanks while I await your response
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by riddler4real(m): 2:32pm On Jun 09, 2016
chinchum:
That one is ignorant, the moment he wrote it cost more to build same projects on a desert terrain than a marshy land, i knew he was a clown.

What do u know?u sit in ur village and u say what u hear n read from Naira land. Tell me that swampy area in lagos that was converted to railroads?

Ask any civil engineer in ur village if u have any and u will be well informed on the difficulties building on desert sand....ololdo

I live n work in dubai and I have lived in lagos for years
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by Exxenz(m): 2:36pm On Jun 09, 2016
Our leaders and corruption is like 5 and 6......it will be completed in 2030
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by riddler4real(m): 2:43pm On Jun 09, 2016
adanny01:

Kai kai kai kai SMH!

Do you actually mean it is more expensive to build in the desert than over the Lagos lagoon? How the hell did you arrive on that?

Like some said, its either some of you are plain mischievious or completely ignorant. May be high on something.

For those of us who know, its pointless to compare projects even if their scope is exactly the same. Even a pot of stew is not worth the same thing in different parts of Naija talk more of another country.

I worked on a trasnmission line project in Akwa Ibom, the cost of the project was just over N2billion while compensation of property and land owners was N6billion. If the same line were to be constrcuted in Sokoto, the cost might have still been less than N3billion but over N8billion in Akwa ibom. Take that project to lagos metro and it might become N30billion, how can one compare.

Ever wondered why the British PM said Nigeria is fantastically corrupt?
And your president concurred?

I believe you know the answer....

So now tell me which lagoon the Lagos state govt is building rail tracks on?or the swampy areas in question? I believer you have d details.....
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by riddler4real(m): 2:47pm On Jun 09, 2016
sabama007:

My brother stays there too n I know what he makes every months compared to me that's been working for years in Naija

Thanks while I await your response

Okay I will. That's a promise. In fact I will be relocating back to naija to push my projects www.naifizzy.com and www.naijabizsearch.com

Because of the greater potentials in naija than in dubai....

Dubai is just a good place to work and get cash... u go work eh! Like say tomorrow no dey....if u unwise u could spend all ur cash having a good time.... cause they are so many ways to jolly... but if u are wise u save n invest.....like me... cool
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by aresa: 2:53pm On Jun 09, 2016
riddler4real:

You just making no sense..... I live in Dubai and I have lived in lagos.... and I tell u 10 years ago most of Dubai was a desert.... you can enlighten yourself if u take ur time to do more research...
And save urself from ur ignorance.

You lived in Dubai, but still made ignoran, illogical and thoughtless comparisons with Lagos.

The fact that you lived in Dubai means Lagos state in Nigerian is a country like Dubai with sovereign wealth and oil wealth like Dubai?

Or that it didn't take Dubai 8years to compete their metro rail?

Or that Lagos state metro is morre intense and comprehensive than ordinary metro in Dubai?

Or did Dubai built 54km expressway with their metro?

Did they build 5km metro bridge over any lagoon in Dubai like Lagos is doing?

Was any dedicated power plant built for the metro in Dubai?

Did they pay the same compensations and settlement over lands and houses in congested area where people live against the desert in Dubai?

Is Dubai 's budget as a sovereign country the same like an ordinary state in Nigeria?

Is rhe price of labor, manpower, tools and equipment the same in Dubai?

Is shipping cost to transport construction materials the same in Dubai.

The fact that you lived in Dubai or lied about living in Dubai doesn't mean you don't sound ignorant.

If you are going to compare in any way shaoe or form,common sense dictates that you articulate clearly relevant facts and what each project involves and the cost and variables associated with both projects,

It is even pointless , silly and redundant to compare 2 totally different projects in totally different country, totally different environment and wealth..

Very unintelligent on your part and the OP too.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by chinchum(m): 2:53pm On Jun 09, 2016
riddler4real:

What do u know?u sit in ur village and u say what u hear n read from Naira land. Tell me that swampy area in lagos that was converted to railroads?

I live n work in dubai and I have lived in lagos for years
You are super ignorant, just shut it.

I was thinking you will come and rebuff the earlier statement as an error, but you are writing about living in dubai and Lagos for a century......, Your comment negates common sense, except if we are discussing about planting rice here.

You are actually living in a village called Ignorant but loud.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by wayodude(m): 3:11pm On Jun 09, 2016
I am not sure what the technical justification is for the seemingly high cost of the Lagos metro phase 1 (red line and blue line). However, I think it is wrong comparing it pound for pound, kilometer for kilometer with the Ethiopian rail project for the following reasons:

1. For the Lagos light rail I think the tracks over large stretches have to be elevated, hence the need to construct columns and a surface on which to lay the tracks. This cannot be cheap because it is similar to building several short spanned bridges, before laying the tracks and signalling etc. And then there is the highway being constructed simultaneously.

2. I also think there would be some electrification costs included in the budget as of course we cannot plan to rely on the grid 'NEPA' to power it. I doubt the Ethiopians had that to contend with providing new power generation sources (normal operations and emergency) for their rail.

3. It appears the rolling stock for the Lagos metro will be capable of carrying a lot more passengers a day than that delivered in Ethiopia.

4. Finally, whether you agree with it or not, there is the 'Nigerian Factor' to consider too. This includes inflation of contracts, omo nile (whatever that means), bureaucracy and bottle necking red-tape, etc

My only beef with this project is that it started in 2009 or earlier I believe and then it was said that completion would be around 2012! We are still waiting.....only in Naija can a 'live' project be late by 4 yrs and thats not even a big deal. grin

When next i visit Naij i want to get on that metro!!! come on guys, lets do this.
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by item1: 3:24pm On Jun 09, 2016
Ethiopia gets their dollar from US and Nigeria gets theirs from USA. That the reason. Kpam. Don't ask ne how
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by aresa: 3:33pm On Jun 09, 2016
riddler4real:

Ever wondered why the British PM said Nigeria is fantastically corrupt?
And your president concurred?

I believe you know the answer....

[b]So now tell me which lagoon the Lagos state govt is building rail tracks on?[/b]or the swampy areas in question? I believer you have d details.....

Lagos Metro Rail terminates at the Marina so please tell us exactly how the Metro Rail from Iganmu gets to the Marina on Lagos Island?

Fly in the sky?

Go under water?

Do Abrakadabra and magically disappear from Iganmu and show up on the island?

See how clueless, shallow and ignorant you sound?

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by aresa: 3:42pm On Jun 09, 2016
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by aresa: 3:47pm On Jun 09, 2016
^^^^^^^^^^^

That's the Metro Rial track construction over the Lagos Lagoon for the ignorant village posters..
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by wayodude(m): 3:53pm On Jun 09, 2016
aresa:
^^^^^^^^^^^

That's the Metro Rial track construction over the Lagos Lagoon for the ignorant village posters..

I am surprised with the way this bridge is being built. I thought the pillars, columns, jackets or whatever you chose to call it would have been completely in place before the load to be supported (bridge surface and tracks) is installed? Any offshore structural guys in the house to give their tupence?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ortom To Atiku: You Denied Wike Popular Views Of PDP Members / Rotimi Amaechi To Become Buhari's Campaign DG - Dele Momodu / Ndume: Why Buhari Can’t Appoint New Service Chiefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.