Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,880 members, 7,872,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:29 AM

Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? (29483 Views)

The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed / FG Signs Mou On Warri-abuja Rail Project..picture. / Abuja-kaduna Rail Project No Longer Feasible In May – Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by aresa: 11:24pm On Jun 09, 2016
[s]
riddler4real:

It is unfortunate that I share the same passport with you. You are a typical example of an educated illiterate. Just take a look at your posts and read what you wrote.

Let me educate you more.... Dubai doesnt have a single drop of oil.... The way Lagos gets a large fraction of its wealth from the FG is the same way dubai gets it's wealth from UAE. The way Lagos is to Nigeria is the same way Dubai is to UAE. Both are the largest cities in their respective countries. Both are commercial powerhouse and attracts the most visitors from across the globe. Lagos has been in existence even before Dubai was even globally known. In the 1980's Dubai was just a pile of sands... And a shipping community. Nigeria's GDP(PPP) presently surpasses UAE's.....

The major difference is that the govt of Dubai, UAE are sincere with a clear vision of creative governance.. Unlike Lagos... Just go to youtube that is if you have data... and watch dubai 20 years ago..... You will be shocked. And do you know they came to Nigeria during OBJ's reign as Head of state in the late 70s to request for loan?

Nigeria has a larger economy than the UAE.......

So my advice to you is go back to school and learn and stop making a mess of Nigeria...Hired Sycophant tongue
[/s]

Not interested in your ignorant and irrelevant UAE nonsense.

Don't be a coward answer my questions...

You lived in Dubai, but still made ignorant, illogical and thoughtless comparisons with Lagos.

The fact that you lived in Dubai means Lagos state in Nigerian is a country like Dubai with sovereign wealth and oil wealth like Dubai?

Or that it didn't take Dubai 8 years to compete their metro rail?

Or that Lagos state metro is more intense and comprehensive than ordinary metro in Dubai?

Or did Dubai built 54km expressway with their metro?

Did they build 5km metro bridge over any lagoon in Dubai like Lagos is doing?

Was any dedicated power plant built for the metro in Dubai?

Did they pay the same compensations and settlement over lands and houses in congested area where people live against the desert in Dubai?

Is Dubai 's budget as a sovereign country the same like an ordinary state in Nigeria?

Is rhe price of labor, manpower, tools and equipment the same in Dubai?

Is shipping cost to transport construction materials the same in Dubai.

The fact that you lived in Dubai or lied about living in Dubai doesn't mean you don't sound ignorant.

If you are going to compare in any way shape or form, common sense dictates that you articulate clearly relevant facts and what each project involves and the cost and variables associated with both projects,

It is even pointless , silly and redundant to compare 2 totally different projects in totally different country, totally different environment and wealth..

Very unintelligent on your part and the OP too.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by aresa: 11:36pm On Jun 09, 2016
[s]
riddler4real:

I have made my point clear and I am happy that you have read it. This is not a question of comparison but a question of INTEGRITY. The same govt that told the world it used N78 million to build a mere WordPress powered website is telling the world it will cost over $1billion to build a 27km metro project with fairly used TTC ol H5 n H6 15 years old train cars from Canada. Any concerned citizen will worry....

https://www.nairaland.com/752024/lagos-buy-old-trains-toronto

[/s]

LAMATA opts for Chinese Trains for the Lagos Light Rail

It should be noted that between 2010-2013, there was a lot of talk both officially and unofficially about Lagos State's desire to purchase refurbished subway cars from Toronto Metro for use in the ongoing Lagos Light Rail development. Blackborderbuild have been able to confirm however that the deal has failed to materialize with the H5 Car series of the Toronto Metro being scrapped entirely and only a few H6 Car Series remaining. LASG had initially planned to acquire 255 units of H5 and H6 trains.

It may be pontificated that the reason why LASG refused to go through with the contract and opt for Chinese EMUs (Electric Multiple Units) may be as a result of two issue

http://www.blackborderbuild.com/nigeria-updates/lamata-opts-for-chinese-trains-for-the-lagos-light-rail

Most of these backward villagers are ignorant illiterates. All they do is spew unintelligent rubbish on the internet..

Look at this villager peddling old news.....

Must you display your ignorance every second of the day?
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by riddler4real(m): 12:05am On Jun 10, 2016
Took some time to answer some of your dumb questions

The fact that you lived in Dubai means Lagos state in Nigerian is a country like Dubai with sovereign wealth and oil wealth like Dubai?

Very Dumb question... Dubai is not a country and does not have an ounce of oil. It depends on allocations from the UAE, tourism, commerce and monetary fines... It's a tax-free city.... Both Lagos and Dubai are states and largest cities....

Or that it didn't take Dubai 8 years to complete their metro rail?

It took Dubai 3 years to finish its metro line of 75km

Lagos state metro is far less comprehensive and intense compared to Dubai's about 25% of Dubai's metro is underground. You need to know that govt here makes sure they get the best of any project from the best practitioners at any costs. They have a certain standard, value and level of perfection that makes the Lagos govt look like neophytes...

Or did Dubai built 54km expressway with their metro?

Dubai built the worlds tallest building ever built by a human being and series of other projects along with the metro project.

Did they build 5km metro bridge over any lagoon in Dubai like Lagos is doing?

They built over 5km of underground metro line with 8 underground stations. No 5km bridge was ever built in Lagos its about 1km..

Did they pay the same compensations and settlement over lands and houses in congested area where people live against the desert in Dubai?

They are creative ways of doing things.

Is Dubai 's budget as a sovereign country the same like an ordinary state in Nigeria?

Dumb question. Dubai is not a country, It's a state like Lagos...Olodo

Is the price of labor, manpower, tools and equipment the same in Dubai?

It's far more costly in Dubai an average construction worker earns about 3000aed which is almost N300,000. And the govts penchant preference for perfection, they will get the very best disregarding the cost.

Is shipping cost to transport construction materials the same in Dubai?

Nigeria has every resources needed for the metro line (Cement, steel, man power, etc) except the train cars but Dubai has to import everything even labour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6Y_8-3XUlY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cblDl5vCZnw

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by riddler4real(m): 12:08am On Jun 10, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

Most of these backward villagers are ignorant illiterates. All they do is spew unintelligent rubbish on the internet..

But for a govt to concieve the idea of buying farily used 30 years old train cars is rather unfortunate. I am living and working in Dubai and you are in a zoo calling me a villager.LOL you be proper MUMU

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by riddler4real(m): 12:16am On Jun 10, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

I try to keep in touch with the harsh realities back home... Not my fault that I dont have up to date access to govt information like paid sycophants like your very self.
Unlike you, I am very much engaged in productive means and I dont have to soil my conscience or try to delude people for a course contrary to my integrity.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by donfineboi: 12:33am On Jun 10, 2016
riddler4real:

I try to keep in touch with the harsh realities back home... Not my fault that I dont have up to date access to govt information like paid sycophants like your very self.
Unlike you, I am very much engaged in productive means and I dont have to soil my conscience or try to delude people for a course contrary to my integrity.

Bro you just nailed it. There's an enlightening age coming and many of us will not follow the trend of our parents, uncles and aunties. We will rise together in one voice and save our Nation from these blood sucking elites. One day na one day

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by riddler4real(m): 12:44am On Jun 10, 2016
donfineboi:

Bro you just nailed it. There's an enlightening age coming and many of us will not follow the trend of our parents, uncles and aunties. We will rise together in one voice and save our Nation from these blood sucking elites. One day na one day

One love bro. Me I tire o.... All these paid e-rats all over the place sef... I wonder how they sleep at night..... The people I pity most are the gullible ones that eat and digest their trash...

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by aresa: 1:25am On Jun 10, 2016
[s]
riddler4real:

But for a govt to concieve the idea of buying farily used 30 years old train cars is rather unfortunate. I am living and working in Dubai and you are in a zoo calling me a villager.LOL you be proper MUMU
[/s]

Not interested in your roadside ignorant opinion and your village is nit dubai because you are not in dubai and never left your village going by your shallow, ignorant and empty nonsense..
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by aresa: 1:33am On Jun 10, 2016
riddler4real:

When people know more than you because they keep up with current affairs or when they highlight your ignorance, lack of knowledge and intelligence, they are sycophants... grin

You don,t have acess to latest info because you are too lazy and incompetent to seek credible info to debate with, but you still want to argue when in fact you shouldhave shut your ignorant mouth grin
These silly ipob villagers no go kill pesin with laffta I swear.. grin

The joker said he's engaged in productive means, but he's on NL all day spewing ignorance and unintelligent rubbish he can not back up with facts, the joker don't even know the difference between 100 and 1000 meters.. grin

You are definitely the dumbest, ignorant and unintelligent loser in your village grin

What a village comedian... grin
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by adconline(m): 1:38am On Jun 10, 2016
aresa:

I thought you started the thread to pass knowledge so why hold on to details that doesn't exist beyond the ignorant rubbish doesn't you posted already
?

You hate your country so much and so tribally consumed that you accept and think inferior and low scale rubbish in another country is better than the more comprehensive and sophisticated project in your own country.

The Lagos metro system with 10 lane expressway is the largest public works project in Nigeria and the whole of Africa as we speak.

This is the kind of project sovereign nations embark on and not an ordinary state in Nigeria.

Ethiopia is a country and Lagos state is a state.

It took a whole country like UAE with vast oil money to complete ordinary metro rail project without 54km expressway or having to build a whole metro bridge over any body of water like the Lagos lagoon.

The things that your should be proud of about your own country is what you hate so much .. You gladly assept lesser and inferior things from other countries as superior and better than yours when in fact common sense and a little education should tell you it's the other way around.

Beats me why you and your kind don't reserve your hatred and bitterness for your village leaders with nothing to show for your taxes and allocations.

You spend so much time hating other people and their progress that you remain blind to your own lack of progress or anything to show for your existence.
Somebody asking genuine questions is called tribalisic and unpatriotic Naija is really peopled by dimwitted folks!!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by aresa: 2:05am On Jun 10, 2016
adconline:

Somebody asking genuine questions is called tribalisic and unpatriotic Naija is really peopled by dimwitted folks!!

Coming from the head bigot and tribalist himself.

I know you and that ignorant poster drink from the same hate filled and tribally polluted well, but at least he asked question, you don't ask question, you just spew your tribal and ignorant rubbish with no qualms just like you did when you labeled Lagos state's Medical Park project a scam.....lmao

I know anything and everything about Lagos brings you and your hatred out so not you show face... grin

Lagos gives you sleepless nights, but you care less about your own backward and zero project villages even though your villages collect IGRs and allocations too...Face your village and leave Lagos alone, the governor of Lagos is nit your governor and he's not responsible for your backwardness..

I have your time so let's hear it..
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by Nobody: 4:02am On Jun 10, 2016
MadCow1:

pfft..

my employer as assets around the satelitte town axis along lagos badagry expressway

there's a ppmc pipeline passing through there

three years ago ppmc contracted the military on some misguided pipeline right of way enforcement and the fence of one of our facilities was demolished on claims that it was within 10, 20 or 30 metres.

we spent months trying to find contacts in PPMC to find out exactly what the so called right of way was, and we couldn't [ and we are in the industry]

fast forward to this year, we have a project that has been running in the area, and it is effectively on hold because we dont know when road construction will end [without vehicular access, project will not meet its operational requirements]. we met with ministry of transportation and works officials, and they told us it is that same PPMC line holding up the project. it lies within the new roads right of way. a new pipe has been laid , and the proposal is to tie the ppmc line into this and decommission the existing line, but the same issue has come up. no traction from PPMC. previously, it was thought it was a subtle push from the unlamented gej administration to use any means necessay to f up the project[ they also spent a long time waffling before backing the second tranch of the world bank loan].

not much more can be done around that axis until that issue is resolved.

that is an additional cost to the project. a product pipeline to nnpc specs. in the same way a nepa/phcn/ekedc 33kv ht line had to be rerouted. of course phcn had to be paid for that. there were several petrol stations along the corridor [ with all their documents in order] , which have been demolished. they have to be paid to. all these add to the final project cost.

i have seen at least two flyovers being constructed [i drive along the in use portions of this road [festac to apapa] one around orile, one around satelitte town. i have seen drawings of this project. its way more than a metro line, as other have pointed out

[img]https://dilemmaxdotnet.files./2013/01/lagos-light-rail.jpg[/img]

[img]i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd423/twistaz/Blue%20Line/Lagos%20Badagry%20Expressway/DSC07569_zps30b8844b.jpg[/img]

in addition to the metro, theres an expressway comprising feeder road, express proper, brt lane, landscaping, street lighting , all on an existing expressway [which will increase the delivery time]

a simple google search would have shown the op all the information he needed.

unfortunately, the internet can also be used a tool of empowerment to all sorts of ignorant illiterates to spam the world and spread their half baked nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by adconline(m): 5:19am On Jun 10, 2016
aresa:

I know you and that ignorant poster drink from the same hate filled and tribally polluted well, but at least he asked question, you don't ask question, you just spew your tribal and ignorant rubbish with no qualms just like you did when you labeled Lagos state's Medical Park project a scam.....lmao

I know anything and everything about Lagos brings you and your hatred out so not you show face... grin

Lagos gives you sleepless nights, but you care less about your own backward and zero project villages even though your villages collect IGRs and allocations too...Face your village and leave Lagos alone, the governor of Lagos is nit your governor and he's not responsible for your backwardness..

But you have not answered any question.. You're just calling people names without any facts to back up your claim..

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by eminikansoso(m): 5:34am On Jun 10, 2016
Scholes007:
Possible thing that can change the cost of such project significantly is the terrain. Lagos is a swampy area and any construction project is likely to cost more than conventional. Also the population that will use it determines the quality of things or will you want to waste millions for it to fail so soon?
the only man with his right sense
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by aresa: 5:50am On Jun 10, 2016
adconline:

But you have not answered any question.. You're just calling people names without any facts to back up your claim..

1. I not only answered questions, I lectured the OP starting from what constitute the Lagos Metro Rail project beyond the ignorant OP's assertion about just rail system when in fact it's a combination of Metro rail, bridges, power station, 10 lane expressway and Metro bridge over the Lagos Lagoon.

You just can not read and comprehend simple English words.

2. I not only answered questions, I lectured the other ignorant joker who disputed the Metro crossing over the Lagos Lagoon and a bridge being built to the Metro Rail to the Lagos Marina. I answered with facts and produced pictures to further my answer..

3. I not only answered questions, I lectured the same joker who ignorantly pulled up old news regarding trains from Canada when in fact the trains are new EMUs from China.

I answered with facts and produced pictures to further my answer..

I know it's your Lagos head ache, hatred and heart burn disease killing you and talking on your behalf, but learning how to read and comprehend sounds more like a major life challenge on your part..

Hate and bitterness kills.

Sucks to be you.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by aresa: 5:56am On Jun 10, 2016
comos:

you should have added grazing Land

Why should I? You should since such ignorant and low intellect rubbish troubles you.
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by riddler4real(m): 6:53am On Jun 10, 2016
aresa:

When people know more than you because they keep up with current affairs or when they highlight your ignorance, lack of knowledge and intelligence, they are sycophants... grin

You don,t have acess to latest info because you are too lazy and incompetent to seek credible info to debate with, but you still want to argue when in fact you shouldhave shut your ignorant mouth grin
These silly ipob villagers no go kill pesin with laffta I swear.. grin

The joker said he's engaged in productive means, but he's on NL all day spewing ignorance and unintelligent rubbish he can not back up with facts, the joker don't even know the difference between 100 and 1000 meters.. grin

You are definitely the dumbest, ignorant and unintelligent loser in your village grin

What a village comedian... grin

I am still here earning hard currency, enjoying every good amenities a sane society should provide and you are still there earning kobo kobo probably in the dark (No light) deprived, frustrated and desperate.

I understand your pain and anguish. I pray that you find a better way to sustain yourself. being an e-rat is not a good job at the moment. Heard the Govt is broke and ur earnings must have been stalled hence you trying with reckless abandon to please your masters spewing your filth of ignorance stupidity.

I am a successful multimedia professional, based in Dubai and apart from my work I have created other channels to build my own projects with the experience I have gathered. But you, you are an e-rat(disposable) trying really hard to impress your pay masters...

These are some of my personal projects. www.naifizzy.com www.naijabizsearch.com www.browngarri.com

My blog www.browngarri.com fetches monthly income from Nigeria effortlessly. My social media website when launched will redefine social media in Nigeria and my Business networking site will usher in real business networking solutions to Nigeria when I launch by the end of the year.

They are many things you need to learn but sometimes you need to step out from your underworld to see the limitless possibilities and opportunities.....

You just empty but full of hate... I pity your kind.

OLODO!!

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by riddler4real(m): 7:03am On Jun 10, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

Not interested in your roadside ignorant opinion and your village is nit dubai because you are not in dubai and never left your village going by your shallow, ignorant and empty nonsense..

Dumb ass... Check my profile pics.... You dey there they roast.... Now let me silence your ignorance once and for all. Olodo....Do you think I will be lying about my location... I am not as cheap as you....

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by riddler4real(m): 7:09am On Jun 10, 2016
aresa:

Yeye... Why wont you have time. You are paid peanuts to delude people.....Olodo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by riddler4real(m): 7:31am On Jun 10, 2016
As I said earlier before the mosquito interrupted. [b]This is not a question of comparison but a question of integrity. The OP like any patriotic concerned citizen wants to know if it's still okay to trust a govt that claimed it used N78 million to build and maintain a WordPress powered website..... Now claiming it will cost over $1 billion to build a metro system of less than 30 km.

Some people here will stop at nothing to defend the position of the govt (paid "E.RATS"wink these shameless people fail to understand that many are not as fickle minded as they think. Many of us know the trend of how govt is being run, monies allocated being used for other selffish purpose..... It took Ethopia 3 years to develop it's metro of over 30km, it took Dubai 3 years to build over 70km world class metro, with underground tracks and several underground stations, but our dear Lagos govt are spending more money and taking far more time in building a lesser metro project. Let's be honest to ourselves. the world is watching and thats why they insult us and tag us with derogatory names. I know some E-rats will do their job after this... Thats what they are paid for grin[/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by otokx(m): 7:38am On Jun 10, 2016
Scheduled on my to read list later.
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by Safari29: 9:18am On Jun 10, 2016
riddler4real:

Here's something for u to ponder on....

kindly check that part of marina on Google Map terrain, u will realised there is little space between the last road and end of the land there which cannot contail two trains and trainstations. as i told you before, all the roads and bridges along that side were built on sandfilled water

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by MadCow1: 9:19am On Jun 10, 2016
oyb:

my employer as assets around the satelitte town axis along lagos badagry expressway

there's a ppmc pipeline passing through there

three years ago ppmc contracted the military on some misguided pipeline right of way enforcement and the fence of one of our facilities was demolished on claims that it was within 10, 20 or 30 metres.

we spent months trying to find contacts in PPMC to find out exactly what the so called right of way was, and we couldn't [ and we are in the industry]

fast forward to this year, we have a project that has been running in the area, and it is effectively on hold because we dont know when road construction will end [without vehicular access, project will not meet its operational requirements]. we met with ministry of transportation and works officials, and they told us it is that same PPMC line holding up the project. it lies within the new roads right of way. a new pipe has been laid , and the proposal is to tie the ppmc line into this and decommission the existing line, but the same issue has come up. no traction from PPMC. previously, it was thought it was a subtle push from the unlamented gej administration to use any means necessay to f up the project[ they also spent a long time waffling before backing the second tranch of the world bank loan].

not much more can be done around that axis until that issue is resolved.

that is an additional cost to the project. a product pipeline to nnpc specs. in the same way a nepa/phcn/ekedc 33kv ht line had to be rerouted. of course phcn had to be paid for that. there were several petrol stations along the corridor [ with all their documents in order] , which have been demolished. they have to be paid to. all these add to the final project cost.

i have seen at least two flyovers being constructed [i drive along the in use portions of this road [festac to apapa] one around orile, one around satelitte town. i have seen drawings of this project. its way more than a metro line, as other have pointed out

[img]https://dilemmaxdotnet.files./2013/01/lagos-light-rail.jpg[/img]

[img]i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd423/twistaz/Blue%20Line/Lagos%20Badagry%20Expressway/DSC07569_zps30b8844b.jpg[/img]

in addition to the metro, theres an expressway comprising feeder road, express proper, brt lane, landscaping, street lighting , all on an existing expressway [which will increase the delivery time]

a simple google search would have shown the op all the information he needed.

unfortunately, the internet can also be used a tool of empowerment to all sorts of ignorant illiterates to spam the world and spread their half baked nonsense.

It really is sad that people have access to the Internet and yet spread so much ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by MadCow1: 9:27am On Jun 10, 2016
riddler4real:
As I said earlier before the mosquito interrupted. [b]This is not a question of comparison but a question of integrity. The OP like any patriotic concerned citizen wants to know if it's still okay to trust a govt that claimed it used N78 million to build and maintain a WordPress powered website..... Now claiming it will cost over $1 billion to build a metro system of less than 30 km.

Some people here will stop at nothing to defend the position of the govt (paid "E.RATS"wink these shameless people fail to understand that many are not as fickle minded as they think. Many of us know the trend of how govt is being run, monies allocated being used for other selffish purpose..... It took Ethopia 3 years to develop it's metro of over 30km, it took Dubai 3 years to build over 70km world class metro, with underground tracks and several underground stations, but our dear Lagos govt are spending more money and taking far more time in building a lesser metro project. Let's be honest to ourselves. the world is watching and thats why they insult us and tag us with derogatory names. I know some E-rats will do their job after this... Thats what they are paid for grin[/b]

You need to check yourself boy.

The OP asked a question as to why Ethiopias light rail system though longer than that of Lagos State, costs less.. People started putting up sound and logical reasons as to why it is possible for such to happen and you call them 'E-Rats'..

You seriously need to check yourself. So far, the discussion has been civil. Everybody (both those for and against) have put up sound reasons as to why their point stands. All you have done is call people E-Rats, beat your chest about how you are not gullible, spread the same old story of Nigerian Governments inefficiency and corruption and made no actual contribution towards the OP's question.

I am MadCow1.. Thats my User I.D... So dont bother using that line in a comeback.

It would be in your best interest to sit back and allow intelligent people discuss this matter and maybe you can learn something rather than bring this beer palour style conversation where you just call people names and make no real contribution to the subject at hand.

Thanks..

MadCow1..

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by riddler4real(m): 9:33am On Jun 10, 2016
Safari29:

kindly check that part of marina on Google Map terrain, u will realised there is little space between the last road and end of the land there which cannot contail two trains and trainstations. as i told you before, all the roads and bridges along that side were built on sandfilled water

Why dont we wait till its done. I sent you a model developed by the Lagos state govt..... Which clearly shows the planned outcome. Here's another one whic I believe is more illustrative and clear. As you can see the tracks on the island is on solid ground...
Train tracks dont consume much space the width of both tracks can be within 15 feet at most.

I admire your approach and rebuttal. I wish others can follow suit... You have my respect....

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by riddler4real(m): 9:35am On Jun 10, 2016
MadCow1:

You need to check yourself boy.

The OP asked a question as to why Ethiopias light rail system though longer than that of Lagos State, costs less.. People started putting up sound and logical reasons as to why it is possible for such to happen and you call them 'E-Rats'..

You seriously need to check yourself. So far, the discussion has been civil. Everybody (both those for and against) have put up sound reasons as to why their point stands. All you have done is call people E-Rats, beat your chest about how you are not gullible, spread the same old story of Nigerian Governments inefficiency and corruption and made no actual contribution towards the OP's question.

I am MadCow1.. Thats my User I.D... So dont bother using that line in a comeback.

It would be in your best interest to sit back and allow intelligent people discuss this matter and maybe you can learn something rather than bring this beer palour style conversation where you just call people names and make no real contribution to the subject at hand.

Thanks..

MadCow1..

I said it, they have started coming. lets start counting 1......... tongue grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by aresa: 2:19pm On Jun 10, 2016
[s]
riddler4real:

I am still here earning hard currency, enjoying every good amenities a sane society should provide and you are still there earning kobo kobo probably in the dark (No light) deprived, frustrated and desperate.

I understand your pain and anguish. I pray that you find a better way to sustain yourself. being an e-rat is not a good job at the moment. Heard the Govt is broke and ur earnings must have been stalled hence you trying with reckless abandon to please your masters spewing your filth of ignorance stupidity.

I am a successful multimedia professional, based in Dubai and apart from my work I have created other channels to build my own projects with the experience I have gathered. But you, you are an e-rat(disposable) trying really hard to impress your pay masters...

These are some of my personal projects. www.naifizzy.com www.naijabizsearch.com www.browngarri.com

My blog www.browngarri.com fetches monthly income from Nigeria effortlessly. My social media website when launched will redefine social media in Nigeria and my Business networking site will usher in real business networking solutions to Nigeria when I launch by the end of the year.

They are many things you need to learn but sometimes you need to step out from your underworld to see the limitless possibilities and opportunities.....

You just empty but full of hate... I pity your kind.

OLODO!!

[/s]

Now you are boring me...
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by riddler4real(m): 2:26pm On Jun 10, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

Now you are boring me...

Yeye u still dey. I think say u no dey work on fridays..... olodo

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by aresa: 2:33pm On Jun 10, 2016
[s]
riddler4real:

Dumb ass... Check my profile pics.... You dey there they roast.... Now let me silence your ignorance once and for all. Olodo....Do you think I will be lying about my location... I am not as cheap as you....
[/s]

Look at this silly phagott peddling stolen internet picture to impress another man.

Too many phags running around NL these days.
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by riddler4real(m): 3:02pm On Jun 10, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

Look at this silly phagott peddling stolen internet picture to impress another man.

Too many phags running around NL these days.

Not everyone is a low life like ur miserable self let me put u to sleep once and for all. I am a resident of UAE.... Now crawl back to ur filth. grin

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by aresa: 3:09pm On Jun 10, 2016
riddler4real:

Not everyone is a low life like ur miserable self let me put u to sleep once and for all. I am a resident of UAE.... Now crawl back to ur filth. grin

lmao..look at this yahoo yahoo 419 clown trying to impress with stolen internet rubbish..

This clown no go kill oesin1 with lafta I swear... grin
Re: Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? by aresa: 3:11pm On Jun 10, 2016
Anyways, let me leave this phag clown alone and go back to topic...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Arrests 21 INEC Officials, Recovers Bribe Monies Given To Them By Wike / Atiku: I Started Out As An Orphan Selling Firewood On The Streets In Adamawa / PDP not responsible for my performance, I will do well under any Party - Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.