Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,983 members, 7,922,393 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 06:29 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (830046 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 12:08pm On Nov 19, 2007
does anyone know how to get live info on the stock prices in nigeria apart from waiting for cashcraft and nigsecurities etc who report the prices later in the day?

the NSE website is on the blink, again. server overloaded or something

any ideas fellas?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 12:13pm On Nov 19, 2007
Guys Guys Guys

GTB will rise. It is a sleeping Giant.

Buy Gtb now cause it is poised for a steady rise for some time soon. May start chalking up 5% soon. Its undervalued for now

Buy it now.

@aktopgun

Check this site. Its a bit more live than the others

www.nigeriansecurities.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 12:14pm On Nov 19, 2007
@ temmie10, diamond has 9bn shares and its PAT will be at least 12bn. thats 1.2eps, a gdr will add probably maximum 4bn shares. thats 0.9eps, so worst comes to worst, diamond should hit 25 naira, diamond and access are the most undervalued banking stocks presently.
also, if crusader hits 6 naira, im selling now. i believe these insurance coys. will still fall back a bit.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 12:16pm On Nov 19, 2007
aktopgun:

does anyone know how to get live info on the stock prices in nigeria apart from waiting for cashcraft and nigsecurities etc who report the prices later in the day?

the NSE website is on the blink, again. server overloaded or something

any ideas fellas?

You must have read my mind, was just about to post, been trying that website past hr
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 12:24pm On Nov 19, 2007
@ololufemi

nigsec.com are even slower than cashcraft who report results btw 1 and 2pm
they report results btw 3and 4

trust me, i've tried them and know how they fxn.

any other ideas fellas?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 12:28pm On Nov 19, 2007
That's not fair . I check them at least by 2.15 to 2.30 and they have reports ready.

If you want to get live realtime online results, go stockmarket floor.

You will even know when the market has closed

A little 15 to 30 mins delay aint bad

For current stock info, check

Take time out to read the thread carefully.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 12:31pm On Nov 19, 2007
Has anyone taken time to look t the real sector.

Guiness, Oando, Wapco and Dangote are a must watch.

We need to also expand our horizon beyond the financial sector
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:03pm On Nov 19, 2007
@ololufemi

i take it u have no other suggestions then undecided
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 1:09pm On Nov 19, 2007
Its past one, provide us with current prices now.

I suggested what seems best.

like i said, if you want online realtime results, go to the floor of the stock exchange.

Maybe we can get the infos we need about the market from you then

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Anyway, try buy Zenith oh.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 1:34pm On Nov 19, 2007
@ aktopgun

Akins man,

still in the dark about your info/data.

by 2.15pm, www.nigeriansecurities.com will give you what yo need
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tommyt(m): 1:36pm On Nov 19, 2007
To all guru in the house, can dis be 2ru? i ran to my broker dis morning to get some insurance shares mostly lawunion and d guy dey tell me say insurance stock are not avaliable now, can dat be posible, dis people dey make me mad now oooo! make u guys help me out, i need to get my own share of dis insurance hot cake o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by question(m): 1:40pm On Nov 19, 2007
ololufemi:

Guys Guys Guys

GTB will rise. It is a sleeping Giant.

Buy Gtb now cause it is poised for a steady rise for some time soon. May start chalking up 5% soon. Its undervalued for now

Buy it now.

@aktopgun

Check this site. Its a bit more live than the others

Do you have any info regarding GTB's GDR a few months ago?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2007
Now isnt the time to get in, not at this price, you missed the train for now, wait till the bull's run stops and the price comes down a but
tommy t:

To all guru in the house, can this be 2ru? i ran to my broker this morning to get some insurance shares mostly lawunion and d guy dey tell me say insurance stock are not avaliable now, can that be posible, this people dey make me mad now oooo! make u guys help me out, i need to get my own share of this insurance hot cake o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by damoche07(m): 1:43pm On Nov 19, 2007
tommy t:

To all guru in the house, can this be 2ru? i ran to my broker this morning to get some insurance shares mostly lawunion and d guy dey tell me say insurance stock are not avaliable now, can that be posible, this people dey make me mad now oooo! make u guys help me out, i need to get my own share of this insurance hot cake o!

Because so many people like u also want the hot cake it will be scarce.Wanna know what to do? Read the last 4-6 pages of this thread.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tommyt(m): 1:51pm On Nov 19, 2007
damoche07:

Because so many people like u also want the hot cake it will be scarce.Wanna know what to do? Read the last 4-6 pages of this thread.

Thanks for your reply, but i have been following this treand for a long time i dont tink have miss out of any page.
i also follow d makert every day and i know there is buy and selling going on,
i just need advice on any brocker dat can help me out if mine can do.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 2:02pm On Nov 19, 2007
@shigidi
I had a feeling you were out there grin

With insurance, the story na "fighting temptations", sell today or tomoro or the next, but i don't see the stocks reverting to those miserable lows again.

No doubt, Diamond's figures are good.
The problem is that the gdrs which most likely are convetible might not keep pace with the nse listed units, there are so many foreign stocks listed on the lse and trading on the gtb gdr is currently so thin.
If diamond did a po which is more straightforward, i would expect the short term returns to be much higher than this path they have decided to thread.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 2:08pm On Nov 19, 2007
Tommy T,

You sound like someone who wants to go with the high wave. Be careful because it might swallow you under.

Those insurance stocks have done about 15% to 18% between last week and today. By wednesday when they get to 25%, I know sey my people wey dey stock market go offload am gboa and people go dey cry.

This bull run in the insurance industry applies to almost all insurance stocks except those on technical suspension.

The market is sentimental and very soon, Khaki go know sey e no be Leather.

What results have all these companies posted that their prices are going haywire, or Are they buying up their own shares to sell of when they make their anticipated profit.

I am even confident that most of those funds released to them would go to other sectors of the market sooner or later because the fundamentals are there to support them.

Open your eyes and ears.

The dog that refuses to hear the hunter's whistle will sure get lost in the woods.

The stock market is not a kalo kalo spot oh.

Shine your eyes well well and take heed of advice.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 2:22pm On Nov 19, 2007
Hello Guys, i got the following email from meristem ;

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY AND INVESTMENT RATIONALE

· Fidson Healthcare Limited, a wholly indigenous pharmaceutical company, is a member of the Fidson Group, with corporate Head Office in Lagos and manufacturing plant in Ota, both in Nigeria. The company, which was formed in 1995; manufactures markets and exports high quality pharmaceutical products in accordance with WHO/GMP, laid down standards.

· Fidson has been very prominent in the Nigerian pharmaceutical industry since its entry. It attained a significant height in the industry when it emerged the first indigenous pharmaceutical company to manufacture anti-retroviral drug. The drug, known as Virex Anti-retroviral, was 100% formulated and manufactured in Nigeria.

· Fidson also displays outstanding performance records. Its compounded annual growth rates (CAGR) in turnover and after-tax profit have been 44.2% and 46.7% respectively. Similarly, the company has consistently paid dividend in each past financial year. At its last financial year ended June 30, 2007; the company declared and paid a dividend of N2.27 in addition to a bonus issue of 2 for 1 Ordinary share held by the existing shareholders. As at date, the company still has over N800 million as distributable reserves.

· As part of efforts to finance its growth and diversification plans, Fidson Healthcare Limited is planning to raise about N2.1 billion from the Nigerian Capital Market by privately placing 540 million Ordinary shares of 50k at a price of N3.95 each.

· Our valuation of Fidson Healthcare Limited reveals a fair value of N5.22 for each Ordinary share of the company (including the shares to be freshly issued). This therefore implies that the Private Placement price of N3.95 is being offered at a marked discount of 24.3% to valuation.

(Click http://www.meristem.com.ng/detail.php?link=companyanalysis for full report)

anyone got any info about this company ? plz share .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 2:27pm On Nov 19, 2007
Ok i just got them website, it's http://www.fidson.com/
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 2:30pm On Nov 19, 2007
Temmie10:

@shigidi
I had a feeling you were out there grin

With insurance, the story na "fighting temptations", sell today or tomoro or the next, but i don't see the stocks reverting to those miserable lows again.

No doubt, Diamond's figures are good.
The problem is that the gdrs which most likely are convetible might not keep pace with the nse listed units, there are so many foreign stocks listed on the lse and trading on the gtb gdr is currently so thin.
If diamond did a po which is more straightforward, i would expect the short term returns to be much higher than this path they have decided to thread.

you have two good points there.
on diamond, i wont pick up more yet, but its definitely a good buy. might wait till january to pick up more
on insurance, at 6 naira i don see much more appreciation for now. there are better stocks out there,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2007
ololufemi:

Tommy T,

You sound like someone who wants to go with the high wave. Be careful because it might swallow you under.

Those insurance stocks have done about 15% to 18% between last week and today. By wednesday when they get to 25%, I know sey my people wey dey stock market go offload am gboa and people go dey cry.

This bull run in the insurance industry applies to almost all insurance stocks except those on technical suspension.

The market is sentimental and very soon, Khaki go know sey e no be Leather.

What results have all these companies posted that their prices are going haywire, or Are they buying up their own shares to sell of when they make their anticipated profit.

I am even confident that most of those funds released to them would go to other sectors of the market sooner or later because the fundamentals are there to support them.

Open your eyes and ears.

The dog that refuses to hear the hunter's whistle will sure get lost in the woods.

The stock market is not a kalo kalo spot oh.

Shine your eyes well well and take heed of advice.

@ololufemi
 We're certainly on the same frequency (55 Ghz)(Fast Track)
Some people don't know wetin dey happen in the NSE. Fine long term is ok oh,but the place is riddled with codes.
Make your 25% from the insurance companies and move to Access before its too late.When Access releases result now,the next thing
your stock broker will tell you " ITS NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL 25% DAYS LATER".
I will reveal some secrets soon.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 2:42pm On Nov 19, 2007
Countdown to the bears seizing grip of the insurance sector of the stockmarket.

Two (+ or -) days to go.

Tick, tick, tick, tick, tick tock,

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Fidson is a good company but need to look at their figures and compare with the industry/sector average.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by walcolm(m): 2:46pm On Nov 19, 2007
@ALL

i hear universal insurance is in d market for a PP. is there anybody in d house who knows anything about that coy? they are on d list of 49 insurance coys just released
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 3:00pm On Nov 19, 2007
@FatherOF2

Oga if you have any secrets share now oh, before we know your postcode abi na zipcode.

@ALL

everyone seems to be going for the idea of dumping insurance stocks once they gain 25%, but that is an assumption that the holder got in at a value lower than beofre the rally start. which is not always true. My target price for MBenefit is N5, might be wishful thinking but will not play ball until that target is hit and would re-enter once it drops to about N4. i think everyone should set their entry and exit prices.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:03pm On Nov 19, 2007
@kpineo,
who is everyone? I'm def not selling after 25%. See no basis for that. Beware of technical trading if u have no training.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 3:08pm On Nov 19, 2007
Well MBenefits is having a PO, for all you know they can go on TS next week, and your goal of N5 might not be reached for a while grin
I've some MBenefits and matter of fact its going to be my 1st grp of shares to go by end of the week.
Entry and exit prices are good but its also good to be aware of whats going on in the market and maximize profits when u can. We all know the bull's run isnt going to last long, and there's nothing sustaining these high insurance prices that are being posted right now. While I set exit and entry prices, I also think folks should set gain and loss percentages, like if I get a loss of 15%, I'm out, if I get a gain of 200% in 1 mth, or 125% in 1 week, I'm out that kind of thing. Folks all have their reasons
kpineo:

@FatherOF2

Oga if you have any secrets share now oh, before we know your postcode abi na zipcode.

@ALL

everyone seems to be going for the idea of dumping insurance stocks once they gain 25%, but that is an assumption that the holder got in at a value lower than beofre the rally start. which is not always true. My target price for MBenefit is N5, might be wishful thinking but will not play ball until that target is hit and would re-enter once it drops to about N4. i think everyone should set their entry and exit prices.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tommyt(m): 3:13pm On Nov 19, 2007
ok o i don raise up my hands i will make do wit d little crusader dat i have, hope it can get to my #7 naira taget.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:21pm On Nov 19, 2007
kpineo:

@FatherOF2

@ALL

That means na June next year you wan bail out and comeback in when the 3rd round of banking consolidation starts to depress market again.
Don't expect any N5 soon for Mutual Benefit that may go on TS soon like Aiico to raise money at N4.00.
Ofcourse it is assumed you bought cheaply so you can exit at 25%.
Go to :  www.cscsnigerialtd.com
 and click on Company History. See how speculators have trashed out 75% on Vitafoam,check out Lasaco insurance,Check out Aiico(double chopping).All in the last 2 months plus(Even during the so called Bear market).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 3:22pm On Nov 19, 2007
@ easimoni

guess i shouldn't have used everyone.

@naijadr

i like your concept but i dont think MBenefit would go on tech so soon, they would probably want to release their Q3 results in order to drive up prices a bit and then go on tech. suspension in order to claim they are offering a discount. am watching this one closely.
but disagree on exiting a stock just because of a 15% loss, if the fundamentals are good, it might just be a temporary blip. this NSE sef na full time work now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 3:24pm On Nov 19, 2007
http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_articles.php?id=1317

This is important Information for those out of the country.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:28pm On Nov 19, 2007
easimoni:

@kpineo,
who is everyone? I'm def not selling after 25%. See no basis for that. Beware of technical trading if u have no training.

No let TS catch your M Benefit.You go wait too long for the Benefit oh.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 3:31pm On Nov 19, 2007
Interesting, its times like this I'm glad I'm using UBA's NRN, so dont have to worry about this wahala.
yodiyokun:

http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_articles.php?id=1317

This is important Information for those out of the country.

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.