Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,467 members, 7,968,302 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 12:41 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (836821 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by chokit(m): 8:18pm On Dec 12, 2007
What do you advise i do in this case of Diamond bank GDR dragging the price down to 16.50. I placed an order on monday for purchase on the floor at a price limit of 18.98 thinking the price might rise after the closure of the GDR.Looking like i have misfired isn it ! Actually the price fell from monday till now to 18.50 but my broker hasnt signify if the order is executed or not,i have also sent a mail requesting confirmation.

Kindly advise do i cancel the order or leave it.

Easimoni you are on pls say a word.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 8:27pm On Dec 12, 2007
chokit:

What do you advise i do in this case of Diamond bank GDR dragging the price down to 16.50. I placed an order on monday for purchase on the floor at a price limit of 18.98 thinking the price might rise after the closure of the GDR.Looking like i have misfired isn it ! Actually the price fell from monday till now to 18.50 but my broker hasnt signify if the order is executed or not,i have also sent a mail requesting confirmation.

Kindly advise do i cancel the order or leave it.

Easimoni you are on please say a word.

I've placed an order to buy;  wink Hope that's enough to convince you. Yes the GDR may hold it back some more but "you can't keep a good stock down" Hmmm, maybe I should copyright that phrase tongue. It think Diamond bank (as of today) has both strong fundamentals and technicals. I'd rate it a BUY.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by donilors: 8:37pm On Dec 12, 2007
@Deep pockets,

una hear, BUY DIAMOND.ooooooo make omo grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by donilors: 8:37pm On Dec 12, 2007
make omo boys cash out, lol
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by chokit(m): 9:01pm On Dec 12, 2007
Thanks easimoni i can breath a air of relief now.I have being thinking about how to call back the order if your responce eventually goes the other way round.Getting an order to be recall is allway a big job for my broker !
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 9:23pm On Dec 12, 2007
[quote author=easimoni link=topic=31554.msg1763381#msg1763381 Muchas gracias.
[quote][/quote]

@ Hablas spanish ? tengo un regalo para ti y pumping !
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by richieade(m): 9:31pm On Dec 12, 2007
easimoni:

I've placed an order to buy; wink Hope that's enough to convince you. Yes the GDR may hold it back some more but "you can't keep a good stock down" Hmmm, maybe I should copyright that phrase tongue. It think Diamond bank (as of today) has both strong fundamentals and technicals. I'd rate it a BUY.
One quick question, if the gdr is 16.50 and u can convert it to shares after it closes, why buy the shares from the floor for around 18.50. U could save 2 naira
buying the gdr. Is there any logical advantage buying from the floor?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 9:34pm On Dec 12, 2007
easimoni:

I found it on Amazon but the review of it was not flattering. Turns out it speaks only about chart patterns and not about RSI, MACD and the like. Seems those indicators were invented after the author wrote this book. Thinking about settling for "Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets: A Comprehensive Guide to Trading Methods and Applications" by John Murphy. It seemed to get mostly solid reviews on Amazon.

you not only EFIKO but Efiwe , wetin ! I just wan recommend John Murphy's book together with TRADING IN THE ZONE BY MARK DOUGLAS , Come into my trading room by Alexander Elder. nice one on the investopeadia link , it makes for interesting reading.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by richieade(m): 9:40pm On Dec 12, 2007
easimoni where u dey o?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 9:42pm On Dec 12, 2007
richieade:

One quick question, if the gdr is 16.50 and u can convert it to shares after it closes, why buy the shares from the floor for around 18.50. You could save 2 naira
buying the gdr. Is there any logical advantage buying from the floor?

One way of looking at it and I tend to agree with this. The only problem is who knows when the shares will really be credited
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 9:51pm On Dec 12, 2007
grabdaloot:

@ ololufemi

I am willing to bet you my last dime that easimoni is an engineer, we all know ourselves when we meet. I will tell you why. Financial analysts if you have ever met one are articulate but lazy. The FA definitely would NEVER use excel to do his analyses believe me when I tell you it is way way to tedious and requires a lot of discipline and tact to keep the sheet up to date. He would use the numerous softwares out there to do the same stuff. easimoni on the other hand is an engineer. We thrieve on excel, running marcos VB programs etc. If he would speak up then you would be rest assured. cool

The FA s i know are not lazy in fact they do very detailed analysis however they tend to focus more on WHY you would invest in a firm not When. I mean they focus more on fundamental analysis than TA .But with the NSE as it is , where you can make abnormal profits, studying technical analysis is a must to optimize gains.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by richieade(m): 10:01pm On Dec 12, 2007
pumping777:

One way of looking at it and I tend to agree with this. The only problem is who knows when the shares will really be credited

I read it somewhere that as soon as it closes u can ask ur stock broker to convert it to share immediately and it should
only take a couple of days.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 10:07pm On Dec 12, 2007
barge:

@ Hablas spanish ? tengo un regalo para ti y pumping !
Poco! Send it to my email. easimoni2004 at yaoo dot com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by chokit(m): 10:09pm On Dec 12, 2007
easier said than done,there will be a lot of protocols to this,so dont think it will be fast as they said.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ola007(m): 10:39pm On Dec 12, 2007
Olonzo:

@ Easimoni

I beg where do you get the chart for NSE stocks, or is this derived from your own data.

PS na my in-law be your acc manager for Lead Capital so better corporate otherwise grin

My account manager at Lead Capital is very useless. angry angry angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:43pm On Dec 12, 2007
ladies and gentlemen,
please allow me to introduce u'all to OLUWATAMILORE TOBECHUKWU

born 4.46am 12/12/07, 3.5kg.

mother and child alive and well, father is beat!!!

now i know why jewish men wake up every morning and thank god he didn't make them women, no be yam.
i have a whole new level of respect for my wife now.

thank you to all the fellas on nairaland for all the support.

And the journey begins.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tiwantiwa: 10:45pm On Dec 12, 2007
Congrats, Baba Tamilore May His coming brings great blessings to your family and to this great family ,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by donilors: 10:47pm On Dec 12, 2007
@aktopgun , mrs.aktopgun

Congrats

many more joys for u in 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blest(m): 10:48pm On Dec 12, 2007
congrats aktopgun.

this might interest the house

Recapitalisation funds pour in
Posted Wednesday, December 12, 2007

More companies will, this week, receive the monies paid into a dedicated account in Central Bank as proceeds from their recapitalisation exercise. Over N50billion is expected.

The funds started coming in more than a week ago after government's intervention in the post-consolidation crisis in the industry. Cornerstone, Insurance PHB, Wapic Intercontinental are among the companies that have their accounts already credited.

Unconfirmed reports also put the number of insurers that have received their funds at 15, while many others are certain that their accounts will be credited before the end of the week

African Alliance and Guinea Insurance have confirmed that they expect their accounts to be credited this week. The slow and phased release of the funds have been attributed to various dates that each company submitted and reconciled its deposits in the escrow account.

But, the effect of the funds being released are being felt with the continued rise in the prices of quoted insurance stocks. And stockbrokers already foresee a more bullish market in the sector in the coming months with expectations of dividend payout and bonuses.

However, most insurers say the expected investment income that such funds would have accrued if invested in premium equity have been lost more than 8 months that the funds have been kept in CBN. Some have been under intense pressure from clients and brokers to prove that they raised money before they could be given business.

Currently, insurers are using their funds to either negotiate insurance deals with banks who are pressing for the deposits to be placed with them or depositing with banks that have given them business in the past. It was gathered that banks are muscling their way to win insurers’ deposits or selling shares to them while CEO’s believe this is the time to get the best from any deposit or shares they get.

In a move to reassure their customers and shareholders, companies that have received their funds and those expecting to get theirs are restating their promise of giving shareholders value for their money. After a protracted crisis that engulfed the industry, the national Insurance Commission found it difficult to effect the release of the funds, even after the verification was concluded, but things changed with government’s intervention.

Insurers have argued that monies paid into the escrow account in CBN was not part of the claims in court by any of the parties. - Vanguard
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by texas543(m): 10:52pm On Dec 12, 2007
c
aktopgun:

ladies and gentlemen,

now i know why jewish men wake up every morning and thank god he didn't make them women, no be yam.

And the journey begins.

CONGRATULATIONS! Like roughcut rightly said you already have your hands full  wink!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 10:52pm On Dec 12, 2007
@aktopgun

congrats ! loadsaluv  to u ,da kid and the mum. I should pass the info to otto.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 10:55pm On Dec 12, 2007
congrats, daddy tobechukwu, let him hv a look at this thread, never knw
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ola007(m): 10:57pm On Dec 12, 2007
aktopgun:

ladies and gentlemen,

And the journey begins.

Congrats o
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 10:58pm On Dec 12, 2007
aktopgun:

ladies and gentlemen,

And the journey begins.
Eh ya! Congrats my guy! Make you go open account for the lil one o. Never too early  wink grin

Tmoni, na ya face be this?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 11:05pm On Dec 12, 2007
aktopgun, congrats, may the good lord be with you and your new bundle of joy. introduce him to nairaland as soon as possible. grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 11:09pm On Dec 12, 2007
@ easimoni, and grabd loot(that na funny name), this technical analysis looks so cool, pls una go help me ooooo.
BTW, easimoni, diamond is good, gdr or not, the gdr wasnt gtbs problem, it was their growth and the market was bearish, actis will take them places.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jehosaphat: 11:19pm On Dec 12, 2007
Aktopgun

Congrats o! Go get ur rest before plunging into the new phase of your journey. God's blessings on you. Greet Madam for us. E no easy at all, Buy stock analysing software for am o! Let him follow in his father's footsteps.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by toyibanj(m): 11:25pm On Dec 12, 2007
@Aktopgun
Congrats oh. Make una greet madam and baby from us on nairaland. Make sure you take time off nairaland to help madam as this thread is a little addictive.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 11:26pm On Dec 12, 2007
aktopgun:

ladies and gentlemen,

And the journey begins.

Father is Beat ke? Hehehehehe grin grin. Abeg no make me laugh . . .

**wondering what father would be if he was the one that actually went thru labor instead . . . grin grin grin**

BIG Congrats to you o jare! And WELL DONE to madam. That "whole new level of respect" is perfectly in order  cheesy. Don't forget to fill up the fridge with all of her favorite juices, fruits and veggies  wink smiley plus say "goodbye" to your long and uninterrupted hours of sleep at night  smiley smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 11:49pm On Dec 12, 2007
Who knows anything about the National Sports Lottery? Got an email that they are listing 5.2 billion shares @ N2.90 tomorrow
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:51pm On Dec 12, 2007
@aktopgun

Congrats!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Etin(f): 11:52pm On Dec 12, 2007
@Aktopgun

A big congratulations to you and your wife. May this child always be a blessing and source of joy to your family and the world - amen

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.