Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,424 members, 7,881,560 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:52 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (236) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (822834 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Femtex(m): 2:58pm On Dec 12, 2007
@ All

Is it me, or is Skye bank on Technical Suspension. Does that mean sky bank is also coming to the market. Does anybody have more information on this? Please share
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blest(m): 3:01pm On Dec 12, 2007
jehosaphat:

@ blest .

You didnt get the full gist. You conceited ass!! grin ;DBeing an engineer is good but it's not a prerequisite to success in stocks. I deliberately claimed the "soothsayer" profession to show that you could be anything and still make informed, analytical decisions. My actual profession is extremely rewarding and the remuneration matches the fun ( no other job in the world comes close), Engineer like u no fit use megaupload sef, grin grin grin

do u know what, i forgive u for using such a terrible word on me. i was actually appreciating all ur wise words on the forum.Have a beautiful day.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lawalidowu(m): 3:03pm On Dec 12, 2007
@ ololufemi

I am not so sure megaupload works with starcomms (NOT SURE O!)
If u have a slow internet connection, when u enter the code, the page reloads asking u to enter another code.
i am quite sure it works in most cafes.

@fatherof2
this one they have arrested Ibori; are u still in on the oceanic strategy u proposed with UBA?

@ fundamentalists
which 5 insurance companies can we see entering double figures by mid 2008? any news on mergers yet?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lawalidowu(m): 3:05pm On Dec 12, 2007
@ jehosaphat
soothsaying and proverbs tend to g hand in hand. i am sure if there was a poll on ur occupation, soothsaying will get the hands off. this our thread is used to few curse words? why u wan spoil am now
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 3:07pm On Dec 12, 2007
jehosaphat:

@ blest .

You didnt get the full gist. You conceited ass!! grin ;DBeing an engineer is good but it's not a prerequisite to success in stocks. I deliberately claimed the "soothsayer" profession to show that you could be anything and still make informed, analytical decisions. My actual profession is extremely rewarding and the remuneration matches the fun ( no other job in the world comes close), Engineer like u no fit use megaupload sef, grin grin grin

too bad of you. Where is ur sense of humour??
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jehosaphat: 3:07pm On Dec 12, 2007
Blest
Why u dey vex quick like this. Wetin "terrible" for "conceited", abi u no sabi the meaning? Theasurus defines it as "big-talking" which is what I meant. All na joke sha. Abeg nor vex o! No allow my "terrrible" comment spoil ur day,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by texas543(m): 3:08pm On Dec 12, 2007
blest:

do u know what, i forgive u for using such a terrible word on me. i was actually appreciating all your wise words on the forum.Have a beautiful day.

You should have a better sense of humour than that friend. She was just kidding! But if you feel offended by her choice of words, I apologize on her behalf or do you want to kill the goose that lay the golden egg grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:09pm On Dec 12, 2007
ololufemi:

@ All especially Pumping.

Na beg I dey beg and I dey humble.

How can I use the Megaupload. I cannot download anything oh

You no be engineer?? grin grin grin
Ok. Let me try laymans' language.

- Click on the link of for the file you want to download and it takes you to the mega upload site.
e.g. - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=323TP97D

- Towards the top right hand corner, you will find a "download" button.

- To the left of this you will find an empty text field that you can type into.

- To the left of this you will see "here:"  grin grin

- To the left of this you will see a number of characters. There are normally 3 characters.

- Type these characters into the empty text field and click the "download" button.

- It takes you to another page. Here you will find 3 columns - Feature, premium and free.

- Since you are not paying, you can only dowload from the free column but you have to wait for a count down of about 30 seconds for being a free loader grin

- After this count down from 30 to zero, the "Free dowlolad" button is visible and enabled and you can click on this to download your file.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jehosaphat: 3:10pm On Dec 12, 2007
Dear Nairalanders, make una nor vex abeg!!. I no say na engineers full this forum so I am expecting a hailstorm but I dont see anything "terrible" in "conceited". It is neither a curse word nor demeaning in anyway. I am sure that there are several connotations for it but I meant "big-talking" and thats all. Those who choose to be offended, where is YOUR own sense of humor?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jehosaphat: 3:12pm On Dec 12, 2007
Texas thank you o!
But I no be "she" o, Abi u don see woman wey dey answer Jehosaphat? U go marry woman with that name?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blest(m): 3:12pm On Dec 12, 2007
jehosaphat:

Blest
Why u dey vex quick like this. Wetin "terrible" for "conceited", abi u no sabi the meaning? Theasurus defines it as "big-talking" which is what I meant. All na joke sha. Abeg nor vex o! No allow my "terrrible" comment spoil your day,

And guess ass means mouth too in that your dictionary.Am too big for your terrible comments to spoil my day.Pls have a nice day.I dont want to comment on this anymore,i rather put my energy to something more enlightening.Thank you.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:14pm On Dec 12, 2007
jehosaphat:

Dear Nairalanders, make una nor vex abeg!!. I no say na engineers full this forum so I am expecting a hailstorm but I don't see anything "terrible" in "conceited". It is neither a curse word nor demeaning in anyway. I am sure that there are several connotations for it but I meant "big-talking" and thats all. Those who choose to be offended, where is YOUR own sense of humor?

I think this was just a misunderstanding but apologies accepted on behalf of the house.

@blest - I beg no vex.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jehosaphat: 3:18pm On Dec 12, 2007
Me sef don retire from this dicsussion. Blest next time let sleeping soothsayers lie, And "ass" does not necessarily mean anatomical "ass" Na wa for you o, !
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by texas543(m): 3:23pm On Dec 12, 2007
jehosaphat:

Texas thank you o!
But I no be "she" o, Abi u don see woman wey dey answer Jehosaphat? You go marry woman with that name?

How I go know? You didnt indicate whether you are male, female or she-male tongue

@ all

Where is AKTOPGUN
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:35pm On Dec 12, 2007
PEACE everybody PEACE

@Blest
 Be happy its ok.
@jehosaphat
 Be happy too.we're at peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 3:36pm On Dec 12, 2007
blest,

My understanding is that you select a stock to invest in based on fundamentals and but you decide on when to invest in that stock based on technical evaluation. Going a few threads back I see that easimoni posted some charts, that was awesome especially the RSI you see in the NSE, all stocks experience a turn around when the RSI gets to about 85. It is a function of the volume traded, loss/gain. The modified RSI incorportes the number of deals per day of the stock, losing stocks depending on the industry they are classified in hold out at about 30-25 or even turn around. so lets assume I want to buy a stock and it is gaining 5% everyday I will check out the RSI chart for that stock if it is still about 40 or 50 then I will buy but if it is approaching 75 I will back-off. So you see, that I love grabbing the loot doesn't mean that I don't do my homework. I do it very well. You can quote me on this one "RSI WORKS" people have made hundreds of millions in the NSE from it
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blest(m): 3:40pm On Dec 12, 2007
FatherOF2:

PEACE everybody PEACE

@Blest
Be happy its ok.
@jehosaphat
Be happy too.we're at peace.

Thanks bro.am ok.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:41pm On Dec 12, 2007
VIPICO:

Easimoni, this is kindda confusing. I thought you guys had earlier put a sale recommendation on CILeasing?

Nope, I didn't say so. I said it was too early to buy and then the 9 months came out and the market jumped! I think it's a good stock but a bit too expensive right now. But if the growth continues in triple digits, It will look cheap 6 months from now.

My plan is to bite the bullet and start to buy now. If the price comes down, good; I'll simply average down
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blest(m): 3:52pm On Dec 12, 2007
grabdaloot:

blest,

My understanding is that you select a stock to invest in based on fundamentals and but you decide on when to invest in that stock based on technical evaluation. Going a few threads back I see that easimoni posted some charts, that was awesome especially the RSI you see in the NSE, all stocks experience a turn around when the RSI gets to about 85. It is a function of the volume traded, loss/gain. The modified RSI incorportes the number of deals per day of the stock, losing stocks depending on the industry they are classified in hold out at about 30-25 or even turn around. so lets assume I want to buy a stock and it is gaining 5% everyday I will check out the RSI chart for that stock if it is still about 40 or 50 then I will buy but if it is approaching 75 I will back-off. So you see, that I love grabbing the loot doesn't mean that I don't do my homework. I do it very well. You can quote me on this one "RSI WORKS" people have made hundreds of millions in the NSE from it

i see u really do your homework but the thing about all this analysis to me is how u are able to translate it to become a money spinner.i dont even use RSI yet (intend to sturdy it this weekend) but men with the infomation i have am able make some good money.i give u an example,in the house nobody has been saying anything bout intercontinental but in some few days i have made over half million and still counting.We can do all the maths but let it translate.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:52pm On Dec 12, 2007
grabdaloot:

blest,

Abeg, jist me some more O! I only just started calculating the thing (finished a couple of days ago), not yet used it on the NSE.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:56pm On Dec 12, 2007
blest:

i see u really do your homework but the thing about all this analysis to me is how u are able to translate it to become a money spinner.i don't even use RSI yet (intend to sturdy it this weekend) but men with the infomation i have am able make some good money.i give u an example,in the house nobody has been saying anything bout intercontinental but in some few days i have made over half million and still counting.We can do all the maths but let it translate.

I believe "grabdaloot" gave a good example of the use of RSI. If a stock has been gaining 5% for days, but it if the RSI is still low, don't buy if the RSI has hit 75. What more do you want?  I don't subscribe to specific buy/sell instructions (homwork, homework). Let's bring the use of the indicator up for discussion instead of asking asking users/"gurus" to feed us.

I'd like to see if it is indeed useful of if I just wasted my time and two Excel textbooks tongue
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 3:57pm On Dec 12, 2007
easimoni:

Nope, I didn't say so. I said it was too early to buy and then the 9 months came out and the market jumped! I think it's a good stock but a bit too expensive right now. But if the growth continues in triple digits, It will look cheap 6 months from now.

My plan is to bite the bullet and start to buy now. If the price comes down, good; I'll simply average down

On c and i my take is in one year they'll make over 100% ROI all things going well.  
I suggest enter soonest because the 2007 profits will be super.  Benefited from their services and they sure have some good money cruchers, Anyone thinking of buying a suzuki? its a 12 naira stock soon.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blest(m): 4:00pm On Dec 12, 2007
easimoni:

I believe "grabdaloot" gave a good example of the use of RSI. If a stock has been gaining 5% for days, but it if the RSI is still low, don't buy if the RSI has hit 75. What more do you want? I don't subscribe to specific buy/sell instructions (homwork, homework). Let's bring the use of the indicator up for discussion instead of asking asking users/"gurus" to feed us.

I'd like to see if it is indeed useful of if I just wasted my time and two Excel textbooks tongue

totally agree with you easimoni. the way he explained this stuff made so much sense to me.

@grabdaloot

u have to put us thru this RSI thing oh shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 4:04pm On Dec 12, 2007
if it was for fundamentals alone i wouldn't touch INTERCONT with a ten-foot pole (PE is about 45), 19b shares outstanding, an investors nightmare, but looking at the RSI chart just now I see it still has some way to go might possibly get to N40. Present RSI is about 65 so it still has some way to go before it gets to 85. My suspicion, is that the stock is being manipulated to get to N40 and then, yes you guessed right tech.suspension for reconstruction. The mgmt of the bank is too wise to know that they can't handle 19+ billion shares. So just be careful there so you don't get caught out.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 4:14pm On Dec 12, 2007
for anyone that is interested, "Technical Analysis and Stock Market Profits by R Schabacker" really nice reading if you really want to understand technicals undecided
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:18pm On Dec 12, 2007
grabdaloot:

if it was for fundamentals alone i wouldn't touch INTERCONT with a ten-foot pole (PE is about 45), 19b shares outstanding, an investors nightmare, but looking at the RSI chart just now I see it still has some way to go might possibly get to N40. Present RSI is about 65 so it still has some way to go before it gets to 85. My suspicion, is that the stock is being manipulated to get to N40 and then, yes you guessed right tech.suspension for reconstruction. The mgmt of the bank is too wise to know that they can't handle 19+ billion shares. So just be careful there so you don't get caught out.

Grabdaloot has a point. Look at Nov 07 on the chart, the RSI is at 40 and the MACD is trending up towards the signal line; both "buy" signals. As he said, the RSI is now 65 (thank God O! I still sabi book  tongue grin) as shown by the last point on the chart. Dunno who is moving the stock, but it all fits.

Going through the last 12 months for most stocks on the NSE, if the RSI hits 40, it has a 50/50 chance on going on a 25%+ bull run. Grabdaloot; na so in your experience?  

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:24pm On Dec 12, 2007
grabdaloot:

for anyone that is interested, "Technical Analysis and Stock Market Profits by R Schabacker" really nice reading if you really want to understand technicals undecided

Good, I've found my xams present to myself. Muchas gracias.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Femtex(m): 4:27pm On Dec 12, 2007
Mr easimoni,
How body, How work
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:32pm On Dec 12, 2007
Some guys are getting warmer to cracking one of NSE's code's i've told you about.
Crack that code and you'll be making money every month.

Go on RSI. grabdaloot give dem more.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:33pm On Dec 12, 2007
Femtex:

Mr easimoni,
How body, How work

Body dey for cloth. This dramatic change of weather for your town na something o! Leather jacket one day, t-shirt the next, rain coat the day after! O ga ju!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 12, 2007
AIICO OFFER FORM
http://www.zenithsecuritiesng.com/admin/upload/AIICO%20OFFER%20APPLICATION%20FORM.doc.pdf
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Femtex(m): 4:42pm On Dec 12, 2007
easimoni:

Body dey for cloth. This dramatic change of weather for your town na something o! Leather jacket one day, t-shirt the next, rain coat the day after! O ga ju!

Thats the weather o, H-town weather is just unpredictable. I hope you are enjoying your stay in Houston.

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.