Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,419 members, 7,881,538 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:11 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (822823 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by timadel(m): 7:19pm On Dec 11, 2007
pls could anyone give me info on may$baker? is it also advisable to sell dangote sugar to get zenith shares? Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 7:20pm On Dec 11, 2007
shigidi:

oga easimoni, me sef i no know.
i have a little fcmb which i will sell if it hits 24 naira or even 23 naira. my eye is looking at dangote sugar or unic insurance, that stock still looks good, forward pe of 17 right now. why don't you go for that below 3.35, im sure you will get. as for banks, you picked up access so you no get wahala. im thinking strongly about gtb.
please holla with any suggestions.

Based on next years calender, I'll suggest you collect your GTB's between the 29th of Jan 08' and Feb 4th. Speculators tend to depress the price then just before the beginning of the year end month.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 7:23pm On Dec 11, 2007
@ Everyone,

Based on the public holidays, has anyone noticed that we have just few days left for trading on the floor this year, probably 9 or 10 days.

Need to act fast and close the books for the year.

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:25pm On Dec 11, 2007
ololufemi:

@ Everyone,

Based on the public holidays, has anyone noticed that we have just few days left for trading on the floor this year, probably 9 or 10 days.

Need to act fast and close the books for the year.

Thanks

Yes, this was posted earlier. 9 trading days to go. 3 days this week, 4 days next week and 2 days the week after.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ckenneths(m): 7:33pm On Dec 11, 2007
I will increase my Nig german position, they have very few shares outstanding, only 153 mil. units, candidate for bonus?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:36pm On Dec 11, 2007
ckenneths:

I will increase my Nig german position, they have very few shares outstanding, only 153 mil. units, candidate for bonus?

I think you don't want to get to buy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:39pm On Dec 11, 2007
Does anyone have jist on Staco Insurannce?? They posted a decent Q-3 result and now have a forward PE lower the same with UNIC. 

Also, are they planning a PO?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 7:41pm On Dec 11, 2007
ololufemi:

@ Fatherof2,

Evening baba and hope you are great.

Got this hunch that Access result may be cooking somewhere and this might bring a rally on the stock if it outperforms expectations.

The issue of oversubscription and returned money should also be considered.

Otherstocks on my radar for now are Diamond, IBTC (in about 3 months time due to Stanbic take-over- better to ait for it to drop a little points),

Any idea from the guru himself.

Its well appreciated.

Great Ololufemi
I'm fine men.You're doing a nice one on this thread.We owe you a lot with the information you keep giving us.
Diamond is surely on the list.I've already taken position there.I've been waiting for access.I got it at less than N18.00.I know interim results are overdue.
IBTC has a march year end.Sometime in late january is a good time for me(9 months result).
Right now my radar is full.This is positioning time.I've seen one or two who have been making consistent gradual drops based on a Thursday-friday evaluation and over a two week period.This week and next are good to position.Sallah holiday/Christmas will provide opportunities.
I'm eyeing one building material company(i no wan mention e name)(i wan make e still drop).I want to offload it by february next year and enter GTB.
Also i'm eyeing Vitafoam,i want to offlaod that one sometime in feb and go for R.T. Briscoe attack.
One conglomerate starting with "un" is also on my firing line.I wan use my December salary take position for that one.
I'm now available at night now,just finished my Vsat installation in my residence.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 7:48pm On Dec 11, 2007
@EASIMONI

my focus is on technical analysis presently, abeg give a brotha a hand with any pointers or software . The fact that you are learning is an inspiration. i dey wait. And thanx for the info on Niger. I need to let you know my attention got drawn to the company from your first spreadsheet , followed by Pumpings. tHANX guys !
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 7:49pm On Dec 11, 2007
@ Fatherof2,

Thanks and I owe a lot to you for gingering me and grooming me. You discovered the talent and desire in me.

Always willing to learn from the great one and like they say, pickin wey wash hand well must dine with elders.

I am indeed grateful for your support.

You are not just a Fatherof2 because your children plenty for this thread.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 7:50pm On Dec 11, 2007
FatherOF2:

Men this your chart strong oh.I no understand one TIN for am. grin grin

LOL!! I'm still laughing.  grin cheesy We talked about building technical analysis tools/knowledge to see if it would be useful on the NSE. I did some Excel based analysis/programming thanks to data supplied by Wanaj0 and a colleague. If you would like to know what RSI, OBV, MACD, SMAs blah, blah, blah mean, read the article below.

http://www.investopedia.com/university/indicator_oscillator/

Since no one has come up with a useful software, I've built my own. Still a work-in-progress.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 7:50pm On Dec 11, 2007
FatherOF2:

I'm now available at night now,just finished my Vsat installation in my residence.

I have said it before - Na the big boys dey these forum?

Vsat at your house - !!!!

Olagabra ooo- that is enough information to gues your level of gyration - and I am no where near it!! shocked

Baba Ke!! Olowo yi jooo grin grin grin grin lol
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 7:54pm On Dec 11, 2007
FatherOF2:

Right now my radar is full.This is positioning time.I've seen one or two who have been making consistent gradual drops based on a Thursday-friday evaluation and over a two week period.This week and next are good to position.Sallah holiday/Christmas will provide opportunities.
I'm eyeing one building material company(i no wan mention e name)(i wan make e still drop).I want to offload it by february next year and enter GTB.

This is some serious comic relief!! grin cheesy Yarn now, make I fire the thing! too much cash for pocket.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 7:59pm On Dec 11, 2007
easimoni:

This is some serious comic relief!! grin cheesy Yarn now, make I fire the thing! too much cash for pocket.

That na the thing na.If you alone just fire am,e no go gree drop grin grin grin.The thing go just defy e normal yearly cycle.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by noshaking2(m): 8:07pm On Dec 11, 2007
ololufemi:

@ Fatherof2,

Thanks and I owe a lot to you for gingering me and grooming me. You discovered the talent and desire in me.

Always willing to learn from the great one and like they say, pickin wey wash hand well must dine with elders.

Men! your mouth too sweet o! Abi u be political financial sycophant? Anyway, nice one my brotha, appreciate your efforts though!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 8:14pm On Dec 11, 2007
easimoni:

LOL!! I'm still laughing. grin cheesy We talked about building technical analysis tools/knowledge to see if it would be useful on the NSE. I did some Excel based analysis/programming thanks to data supplied by Wanaj0 and a colleague. If you would like to know what RSI, OBV, MACD, SMAs blah, blah, blah mean, read the article below.

http://www.investopedia.com/university/indicator_oscillator/

Since no one has come up with a useful software, I've built my own. Still a work-in-progress.

I always suspect you be wan kind software genius added to money genius.When i click your profile the other day,i see picture of one handsome cartoon guy with abolo carrying book for the TWO HAND.For my mind i say this one go know book well well.And see the chart wen e make.Welldone man.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by noshaking2(m): 8:18pm On Dec 11, 2007
ololufemi:

@ Fatherof2,

Men! your mouth too sweet o! Abi u be political financial sycophant? Anyway, nice one my brotha, appreciate your efforts though!

@FatherOF2

Could you please provide info re your VSAT installations, the service provider etc. Looking at installing one myself. Thanks, Baba ke! a la ololufemi we dey your side o!, infact we dey bow now now, no shaking fatha, na your boys wey hunger wan kill. Ha aa! baba ke! Father of eferi bodi, iya won! Go on sun u! your enemies go blow - gbosa gbosa gbosa!!! grin grin grin grin grin. Hey, just mimicking, ololufemi! Abeg o!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 8:26pm On Dec 11, 2007
@Pumping I sent you an email.

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 8:30pm On Dec 11, 2007
no_shaking:

@FatherOF2

Could you please provide info re your VSAT installations, the service provider etc. Looking at installing one myself. Thanks, Baba ke! a la ololufemi we dey your side o!, infact we dey bow now now, no shaking fatha, na your boys wey hunger wan kill. Ha aa! baba ke! Father of eferi bodi, iya won! Go on sun u! your enemies go blow - gbosa gbosa gbosa!!! grin grin grin grin grin

Sir no_shaking.As i just see my nname ffor yourr ppost. i just dey shake.You no see my writing.
But make you leave ololufemi alone oh.We appreciate those regular and insightfull company information posted regularly.
Service Provider :  MWEB VSAT in V/I.
Number: 012701333 and 012701666.
Ask for LUCY.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by noshaking2(m): 8:38pm On Dec 11, 2007
@ easimoni

Charting not bad at all! It's just too much work for our market for nowre. cost/benefit analysis. Key TA can be done and info deduced visually by stacking info database kind of, using filtering etc and updated daily for your desired company under the various headings below say 3/4 weeks and thus checking fast fast for overbought/oversold readings and rising momentum indications etc. Hey, my opinion, though!!!

Date Company Prev Close Open High Low      Close Price Change Trades Volume Value         % change
01-Nov 7UP 45.2 43.1 45.15 43.1 45 -0.2 34 85,734 3,841,408.10 -0.44%
02-Nov 7UP 45 44.1 45.2 44.1 45 0 22 89,729 4,031,508.55 0.00%
05-Nov 7UP 45 45 45.5 42.81 45.01 0.01 18 33,129 1,488,512.39 0.02%
06-Nov 7UP 45.01 45 45.85 45 45.01 0 32 82,006 3,691,758.20 0.00%
07-Nov 7UP 45.01 45.01 46.69 45 45 -0.01 26 77,383 3,488,756.00 -0.02%
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 8:41pm On Dec 11, 2007
yodiyokun:

@Pumping I sent you an email.

Thanks

I don salute.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by noshaking2(m): 8:42pm On Dec 11, 2007
FatherOF2:

Sir no_shaking.As i just see my nname ffor yourr ppost. i just dey shake.You no see my writing.
But make you leave ololufemi alone oh.We appreciate those regular and insightfull company information posted regularly.
Service Provider :  MWEB VSAT in V/I.
Number: 012701333 and 012701666.
Ask for LUCY.

Thanks v much, FatherOF2. Would call them 2morrow. Much appreciated!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 8:57pm On Dec 11, 2007
@Temmi10: Sorry, couldn't look thru the phb prospectus, and I don't think I'll have the time to do so before the offer closes no thanks to work demands. . . But from all indications though, it looks like a good offer and (according to my broker) it has been very well received.

@All:

Anyone knows anything about Linkage Assurance? Just curious smiley

@shigidi, did you read the proshare article about plans by Dangote Sugar to jettison the quarterly dividend thingy? that should do something for the stock. Very very good value stock by the way.

Peace!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pangolo: 9:12pm On Dec 11, 2007
its bee 3 months since the skye shelter fund offer, and not a ppep has been heard from them, i go shout if una no shout, NA WETIN DEY HAPPEN?Huh?? they promised to list it on the stock exchange in 3months, today makes it 3months, 11days after d offer, and i've not heard sh.t from them, some one please say sometin to soothe my nerves

Pinokio,
Someone said he mailed them and they said they will be listing mid-December or so. Windywendy said that Union Diagnostics will be out soon too ( and it was oversubscribed), If you hear anything please forward to us here o!

@ Windywendy
With your enviable access to underground info, could you help us ask around about the Skye Shelter Fund. It will be much appreciated. Thanks,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 9:22pm On Dec 11, 2007
DEAP CAPITAL MANAGEMENT COMPANY will be listed tomorrow December 12,
2007 at the price of N12.88 per share
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 9:30pm On Dec 11, 2007
Wasn't the IPO of DEAP at N2 per share? Why would it be released at N12.88 - all this mago-mago self,
And, people would storm into it - without any detailed fundals or technicals.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 9:41pm On Dec 11, 2007
SavvyLanre:

Wasn't the IPO of DEAP at N2 per share? Why would it be released at N12.88 - all this mago-mago self,
And, people would storm into it - without any detailed fundals or technicals.

Really That is hot!!! Maybe they have recent results to back it up.

Of course, expect the post PO listing rally. NSE for you.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tiwantiwa: 9:43pm On Dec 11, 2007
all protocols

costain & aiico Prospectus , soft copy , anyone ?  called vetiva said it will uplod it on its website today ,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 10:04pm On Dec 11, 2007
Pumping, any idea on how many DEAP shares will be listed?

All, see the DEAP prospectus below. PAT for YE Sept. 07 was forecasted at ~200M

http://www.africanselect.com/www/ipo/17530/DEAP_PROSPECTUS_FINAL.pdf
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Panadol(m): 10:05pm On Dec 11, 2007
@tiwantiwa,

Please send me the soft copies:  s_class600(at)yahoo.com.

Thanks!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 10:34pm On Dec 11, 2007
@Pumping777

Rally of 544% from April of this year till now, without being listed on the floor. I wonder how that would have happened - if there is nothing dodgy.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:41pm On Dec 11, 2007
easimoni:

Pumping, any idea on how many DEAP shares will be listed?

All, see the DEAP prospectus below. PAT for YE Sept. 07 was forecasted at ~200M

http://www.africanselect.com/www/ipo/17530/DEAP_PROSPECTUS_FINAL.pdf

Offer - 120.1% oversubscription of 375,265,870 shares = 0.45B

Rights - 101.8% oversubscription of 115,691,506 shares = 0.117B

Giving us a total of around 0.567B.

If 2007 PAT is meant to be 200M then forward PE is 36.51 ---- Right??

They had better deliver more than 200M.  tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.