Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,989 members, 7,873,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:28 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (821596 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 4:15pm On Dec 11, 2007
@ Crazy T, this is da spice

Here is a short story to spice up your day:
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:17pm On Dec 11, 2007
ololufemi:

FCMB still on TS and controlling strong bids.

We are still waiting for them to lift it oh make we get our money oh.
Abi?Make dem allow us cycle in and cycle out so i go dey ready for lifting of TS on PHB
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Panadol(m): 4:18pm On Dec 11, 2007
@barge,

Nice!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:24pm On Dec 11, 2007
ololufemi:

FCMB still on TS and controlling strong bids.

We are still waiting for them to lift it oh make we get our money oh.
We go collect our money. My laser beam has been on it since the tuesday just after offer closed when 22 deals had a volume of 348million units and N6.6bn.That's why i bought N2.5m before any announcement here. Henceforth na to buy before announcing on this thread otherwise my current PHB experience no good.Everybody don rush PHB.I've had to settle for Zenith bank now on the floor.Still getting PHB small small sha.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by question(m): 4:25pm On Dec 11, 2007
@barge, good sense of humor however, you need to go to the jokes forum, this is stock-tips forum.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 4:28pm On Dec 11, 2007
@ Barge

Thanks Barge, it really shows that Okonkwo learnt all his tricks from his Mama.
If soap stays too long on a leaf; the leaf becomes soap too Abi?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:29pm On Dec 11, 2007
@barge

Good stuff!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 4:32pm On Dec 11, 2007
@ Father of 2
what is the proposed exit on Zenith, am considering selling NASCON but the loss position is too high to absorb right now. am believing when year end results are released i should be able to get some profit and move on. Your thots
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 4:32pm On Dec 11, 2007
question:

@barge, good sense of humor however, you need to go to the jokes forum, this is stock-tips forum.

i dont post jokes here and i dont think you will find any of my posts out of order here .it was a little way to give people a laugh.You can figure that from my posts.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lomah(m): 4:34pm On Dec 11, 2007
wanaj0,
you dont know what u do to me when u say nice things about first bank. LOL! i have been so disgusted with their performance, that i seriously considered selling all or huge part off once i get my cert. i bought 27,550 units. i hope i will be glad i listened to ur advice and not sell.
but then i keep hearing about monies returned, etc., my contact (life-long family friend who's UBA branch mgr) who processed mine when i bought at their PO says they will only return some monies to those who bought over 100,000units. say make i coolu temper. is this true.?? also any news on dangote flour? i bought 15,000 at their IPO. when will they be listed, etc. and will moneys also be returned (these peeps wan make me catch UHF). pls respond. or we can chat privately if its fine with u.

@all
nice one on the reunions. so mant akokites shaking this forum, , any greatest ifeites here? i am proudly one. grin, 1963set! so am greatgrand father to loads here. infact the tunji wanajo used to know at PWC was my student. cool, when IU was still univ, college london. JOKING!!! grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:35pm On Dec 11, 2007
FatherOF2:

We go collect our money. My laser beam has been on it since the tuesday just after offer closed when 22 deals had a volume of 348million units and N6.6bn.That's why i bought N2.5m before any announcement here. Henceforth na to buy before announcing on this thread otherwise my current PHB experience no good.Everybody don rush PHB.I've had to settle for Zenith bank now on the floor.Still getting PHB small small sha.

Plus and including your 25% strategy  another one you have come up with is to buy first and then announce on nairaland! wink wink wink wink wink
Na wa o
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:40pm On Dec 11, 2007
FatherOF2:

Henceforth na to buy before announcing on this thread otherwise my current PHB experience no good.Everybody don rush PHB.I've had to settle for Zenith bank now on the floor.Still getting PHB small small sha.

LOL grin. You self don recognize!

BTW, where is Aktopgun. Since he went to write his thesis for our new members, we never see him brakelights.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2007
easimoni:

BTW, where is Aktopgun. Since he went to write his thesis for our new members, we never see him brakelights.
i guess he has his hands full now!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2007
RoughCut:

Plus and including your 25% strategy  another strategy you have come up with is to buy first and then announce on nairaland! wink wink wink wink wink
Na wa o

That has been the strategy since easimoni drew our attention to stocks heading north after discussion here. methinks some peeps read the ideas here before listening to their brokers.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:45pm On Dec 11, 2007
barge:

That has been the strategy since easimoni drew our attention to stocks heading north after discussion here. methinks some peeps read the ideas here before listening to their brokers.

Seriously i'm beginning to believe that as soon as you mention a stock on this thread it just suddenly develops wings and before you can say Jack Robinson its out of reach shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:46pm On Dec 11, 2007
easimoni:

I said I have documented proof. Believe.

The only problem is that if one buys a stock today, it is not so good to come and say something good about it tomorrow. Conflict of interest.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:49pm On Dec 11, 2007
I'm not accusing anyone o! But if this thread really moves the market (and I'm pretty sure it moves the samller coys), could it not be open to "pump and dump". My message is to always do your homework regardless how how much respect or trust you have in a "guru". After all, this is a faceless forum.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 4:50pm On Dec 11, 2007
@wanajo,
I know u have large volumes of shares with first bank,hope that is not the reason u are praising them.?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 4:50pm On Dec 11, 2007
easimoni:

I'm not accusing anyone o! But if this thread really moves the market (and I'm pretty sure it moves the samller coys), could it not be open to "pump and dump". My message is to always do your homework regardless how how much respect or trust you have in a "guru". After all, this is a faceless forum.

I will like to believe we are all people of integrity and are just sharing ideas. Cos the concept of pump and dump sends chills down my spine.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:54pm On Dec 11, 2007
easimoni:

I suppose it is open to such manipulation but I won't say I have seen anything in that direction. Most folks here base their recommendations on some analysis and reasoning.  When these are missing one may be concerned.

You are very correct that being convinced of any recommendation here by analyzing it on one's own is the best way to avoid being caught napping.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 5:00pm On Dec 11, 2007
pumping777:

The only problem is that if one buys a stock today, it is not so good to come and say something good about it tomorrow. Conflict of interest.

Now that is indeed a moral dilemma. You buy a stock because it's good; if you announce it and watch it head north, conflict of interest. If you announce it b4 you buy, you no go see buy o. Shigidi/Temmie/Pumping go kill am grin tongue

Most analysts I see in the US state if they own a stock or not. Up to the customer to decide if the "guru" is being honest. This obviously excludes Wanaj0 since he owns 40 stocks!  grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 5:03pm On Dec 11, 2007
easimoni:

I totally agree with you. Guru-dependency is next ailment that will be diagnosed here. I hope the T.S by Seun was enough to make peeps start learning the basics of investing, whether as a Technician like Father of 2 OR a Fundamentalist like Wanaj0 .Change is the only constant and Nairaland will not be here forever .In the meantime , we should do our homework , keep sharing and Learn from others. I think its a sin not to LEARN what is good. Investing sure is !
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:05pm On Dec 11, 2007
husu:

@wanajo,
I know u have large volumes of shares with first bank,hope that is not the reason u are praising them.?
Trust me FBN is just too big and too massive for wanaj0's recommendation to influence  the direction of the share price even if he is the unanimous stock field marshall on this forum cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 5:05pm On Dec 11, 2007
husu:

@wanajo,

Una see wetin I dey talk? This gentleman is already impugning Wanaj0!  angry cry

Husu, do your homework! If you like FBN, buy, if you no like, no buy. Until you have solid reasons to question someone's character, play nice. You only know Wanaj0 holds major FBN because he told you so. He didn't have to.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:08pm On Dec 11, 2007
easimoni:

Una see wetin I dey talk? This gentleman is already impugning Wanaj0! angry cry

Husu, do your homework! If you like FBN, buy, if you no like, no buy. Until you have solid reasons to question someone's character, play nice. You only know Wanaj0 holds major FBN because he told you so. He didn't have to.
Well i like to believe that Husu is not serious just having a laugh but if he is that na another matter o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:11pm On Dec 11, 2007
I hope so too. Softly softly.

We have to be able to continue to express ourselves so let's fire on. Anyway, folks don't always agree on a particular analysis.

Back to business. Any results today??
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:13pm On Dec 11, 2007
pumping777:

I hope so too. Softly softly.

We have to be able to continue to express ourselves so let's fire on. Anyway, folks don't always agree on a particular analysis.

Back to business. Any results today??

Didnt see anything that stands out today looks like market activities are winding down for the year but this may change if TS is lifted on FCMB that's about the only market mover i can think of now
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by walcolm(m): 5:19pm On Dec 11, 2007
@Husu et al,

we all need to realise that this is a public forum and the opinion(s) expressed here are personal to each individual and the onus is on us as individuals to verify the info we come across and we are each solely responsible for whatever views we choose to adopt.

now that the possiblity of unscrupulous use of the forum to take advantage of undiscerning members has been brought to the fore, i hope regulars on this thread especially those who are just starting out in stock market investment, will be cautious of what information they act upon
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:20pm On Dec 11, 2007
AGLeventis lost some steam today. I expect to see more profit taking but I am holding on.

BetaGlass chalked up Max points open to close as expected. I smell the Q-3 results. If only someone will show it to me too  angry

Will someone put a hold on CILeasing and Lawunion End of year don reach now.  shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:23pm On Dec 11, 2007
RoughCut:

Trust me FBN is just too big and too massive for wanaj0's recommendation to influence the direction of the share price even if he is the unanimous stock field marshall on this forum cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

There is a difference between having units of a stock and having holdings of a stock. grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:25pm On Dec 11, 2007
pumping777:

AGLeventis lost some steam today. I expect to see more profit taking but I am holding on.

BetaGlass gained Max points open to close as expected. I smell the Q-3 results. If only someone will show it to me too  angry

Will someone put a hold on CILeasing and Lawunion End of year don reach now.  shocked

All these 'tory' about promoting PET bottlling as opposed to glass bottles will seriously impact the bottomline for betaglass infact it may put them out of business. Once the currency of this story starts gaining ground investors and  potential investors alike may panic and send the shares nose-diving.

I will tread carefully on that one timing is of the essence!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrCee(m): 5:26pm On Dec 11, 2007
RoughCut:

Seriously I'm beginning to believe that as soon as you mention a stock on this thread it just suddenly develops wings and before you can say Jack Robinson its out of reach shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

If this is always the case people that held stocks for so long and wanted to offload might come to this forum and announce them here and wait for the price to move up then they can cash out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.