Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,814 members, 7,893,160 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 05:27 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (825333 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:44pm On Dec 10, 2007
yodiyokun:

On the off side - No be all these westerners run enron down? - thats cause they were caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

Any one following Conrad Black - today is his sentencing.

Any one following Warren buffet and the AIG saga?

What of that yeye German they want to extradite from Canada - claiming he bribed the ex-Prime Minister. The PM did not deny but said the code of conduct at that time was not against it and he got the bribe after he steppe down as PM.

I guess you must have heard of Siemens and their fine from the German govt - they will still be fined in US thanks to Sarbanes Oxley.

What am I saying- Don't count 100% on Corporate Governance, It will definitely be better because there are laws like US foreign Corrupt practices act that govern what this institutional Investors do in corrupt countries such as ours.

The good part is - if they are caught peren - na jailhouse be that or suicide Unlike our people lipsrsealed they will still be flaunting it. lipsrsealed

But leave story ---- We need their money  grin tongue grin

Did you read about restrictions on who can invest in MTN--- how will that work? No be only politicians get that kind of money they are looking for

That is just patronizing to say the least! Imagine MTN saying they will scrutinize every applicant and some categories of people have already been barred. Who exactly do they think those who will forking out N600M to invest in MTN are? I find the article a bit offensive really angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by steeviee(m): 4:54pm On Dec 10, 2007
@KPINEO & FATHEROF2

can you give me contact to your broker?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 4:56pm On Dec 10, 2007
Gents, i hear there are lot of public holidays coming up soon in this December.  How do you think this will affect the Stock Market in terms of prices?  Do I sound stupid?  Muslims will have theirs on Friday 21st and Monday 24th and the rest you already know.

Will GDR affect Diamond bank in any way - positive or negative?

The cash on hand is not fitting the small size of my pocket, hence these questions as I am intent on placing a buy order. Regards

CKENETH YOU ARE REALLY WELCOME, YOU WERE AND STILL REMAIN A RESPECTED GUY ON THE SMN
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 5:03pm On Dec 10, 2007
RoughCut:

That is just patronizing to say the least! Imagine MTN saying they will scrutinize every applicant and some categories of people have already been barred. Who exactly do they think those who will forking out N600M to invest in MTN are? I find the article a bit offensive really angry angry angry angry angry angry

NO mind them- sebi no be their fault - na we wash our dirty linen for public na!!!.

Them craze no be small ooooooo forgive the pun.

If indeed they are as holy as they depict , how on earth have they managed to cope in Nigerian landscape and make a hell of a lot of money- they too are dancing to the corrupt beat - chikena so they should not run their oily mouth shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ola007(m): 5:13pm On Dec 10, 2007
RoughCut:

The hard working okada drivers, groundnut and pepper sellers etc. angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:23pm On Dec 10, 2007
Anyone seen Aiico's prospectus??
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Panadol(m): 5:47pm On Dec 10, 2007
@pumping,

is AIICO out? If yes, please send the link of the article.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 5:59pm On Dec 10, 2007
@STEEVIEE

I use a small company called Consolidated Investments Limited (CIL).
Not big like zenith and co, but it is good to be able to have someone to call in a company and have a listening ear. no analysis and stuff from them though. just buy and sell orders and they deliver on time. no stories.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 6:02pm On Dec 10, 2007
@PANADOL

this your screen name na die oh, why you no use LUCOZADE shocked grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Panadol(m): 6:06pm On Dec 10, 2007
@kpineo.

The headache just too much.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:10pm On Dec 10, 2007
Panadol:

@pumping,

is AIICO out? If yes, please send the link of the article.

Someone reported reading it in the Punch Newspapers today. I expect this PO to be very unpublicized.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 6:20pm On Dec 10, 2007
AIICO p.o opens today till the end of the month, there was a full page advert in the Bizday today. Will post prospectus as soon as can lay my eyes on it .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 6:22pm On Dec 10, 2007
pumping777:

Someone reported reading it in the Punch Newspapers today. I expect this PO to be very unpublicized.

But that will not hinder bargain hunters - a lot of people will buy it with their eyes closed. as far as they are not going under any time soon.

Their mates are trading at over N3, that 50% already !!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ulohomuno: 6:26pm On Dec 10, 2007
dear All,
please i need to know the status of the skye shelter fund. when is it going to be listed.

thx
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tiwantiwa: 6:59pm On Dec 10, 2007
ulohomuno:

dear All,
please i need to know the status of the skye shelter fund. when is it going to be listed.

thx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ulohomuno Eze Afieroho HND, MBA, PMP

does dat stand for pumping , i mean PMP , just an aside shocked grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nzemillion: 7:20pm On Dec 10, 2007
pls, is it easy to get Eco Back in the floor?.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Robroy: 7:20pm On Dec 10, 2007
Sey Access suppose release results? Na wah o! Please post Aiico prospectus anyone,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nzemillion: 7:33pm On Dec 10, 2007
pls, i need urgent advice , can i get Eco bank shares in the floor?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:34pm On Dec 10, 2007
tiwantiwa:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ulohomuno Eze Afieroho HND, MBA, PMP

does that stand for pumping , i mean PMP , just an aside shocked grin

I was wondering too grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Panadol(m): 7:45pm On Dec 10, 2007
@All,

What ever happened to Costain PO?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:46pm On Dec 10, 2007
Panadol:

@All,

What ever happened to Costain PO?

The jist was that NSE did not accept it as offered and Costain has to re-package it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oore(m): 8:23pm On Dec 10, 2007
I salute the gurus [sub][/sub]though i do not like this word[sup][/sup] and everybody in the forum. Una welcome back from the TS. Can someone who gets daily FSDH updates hook up a brother regularly? I subscribed over 2 weeks ago, never received any update.
my address is oore16(at)yahoo.co.uk
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 8:41pm On Dec 10, 2007
@oore
I emailed it to you.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oore(m): 8:57pm On Dec 10, 2007
@NBA
You do well. forget me not onwards. More grease to your knuckles in cruching.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 9:15pm On Dec 10, 2007
@pumping777

I too could not use the link you provided for Access allotment.

The problem is even the megaload thing does not seem to work for me - never used it before and have even tried registering etc.
Will need time to master it.

Please just copy and paste the allotment here.

Many thanks!

Samstone4 cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oore(m): 9:27pm On Dec 10, 2007
@samstone4 and all in similar positions,
Not usurping pumping rights, I have downloaded the document, I even tried to attach it in this response. The file is about 660KB. Limit allowed on the forum is 200kb.
You can easily download the file from megaload. You have to enter 3 digit code displayed at the upper right hand corner of the site when you connect, wait for some minutes and then click on the download button in the free download column. No registration required. try it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ManJiro(m): 9:33pm On Dec 10, 2007
oore:

@samstone4 and all in similar positions,
Not usurping pumping rights, I have downloaded the document, I even tried to attach it in this response. The file is about 660KB. Limit allowed on the forum is 200kb.
You can easily download the file from megaload. You have to enter 3 digit code displayed at the upper right hand corner of the site when you connect, wait for some minutes and then click on the download button in the free download column. No registration required. try it.

Strong Man Pumping. Thanks for the info?

I am kind of lost here: what is the website for the megaload?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ManJiro(m): 9:35pm On Dec 10, 2007
@ oore

Can you help? Whats the website for the megaload?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 9:43pm On Dec 10, 2007
Man Jiro:

Strong Man Pumping. Thanks for the info?

I am kind of lost here: what is the website for the megaload?

Go here for the megaload link.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2DY0H1ZB

Enter the characters in the top right hand side, click download and then on the next page wait for the count down under the column "free". Once this is complete, click on "Free download".
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ManJiro(m): 9:51pm On Dec 10, 2007
@ Pumping

Thanks alot Pumping: I just downloaded it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by donilors: 9:58pm On Dec 10, 2007
@Pumping ,

What price do u see fit to enter C&I Leasing, an Dangote.

Do u see any prospects for unilever. entry price pls.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:03pm On Dec 10, 2007
Mr. Risky:

Gents, i hear there are lot of public holidays coming up soon in this December.  How do you think this will affect the Stock Market in terms of prices?  Do I sound stupid?  Muslims will have theirs on Friday 21st and Monday 24th and the rest you already know.

Will GDR affect Diamond bank in any way - positive or negative?

The cash on hand is not fitting the small size of my pocket, hence these questions as I am intent on placing a buy order. Regards

CKENNETH YOU ARE REALLY WELCOME, YOU WERE AND STILL REMAIN A RESPECTED GUY ON THE SMN

This means that this week is the last full trading week of this year. Then 4 days of trading next week and 2 days of trading the week after. That's it for the year. So 10 more trading days left this year.

Those that need to sell stocks to raise money for the holidays will have to do so by this week otherwise there won't be sufficient time to cash the funds before the year runs out since they have to wait for clearing at CSCS and maybe at their banks too.

Since there was no significant bearing trend today, I'm not convinced there will be any serious market depression again this year.  sad

It's hard to tell how the GDR will impact Diamond Bank in the short run. Provision is made to convert the GDR to ordinary shares at the time of application. The shares will be diluted but there is no way of knowing the figures to use since we don't know what portion will be immediately converted to ordinary shares.

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.