Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,788 members, 7,875,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:31 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (821913 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:12pm On Dec 10, 2007
donilors:

@Pumping ,

What price do u see fit to enter C&I Leasing, an Dangote.

Do u see any prospects for unilever. entry price please.

CILeasing - I was planning to enter at N6.50 but it appears it won't get there. I think N7 is still a good entry point but plan to ride on it for a little while next year. I will assume one will have to wait for the FY results to maximize the gains on this one.

Dangote - I think it is still safe to enter at todays' low price of N38. The stock is still undervalued and you should make fairly good returns next year even at that price. The FY result should do the trick.

No clue about Unilever. I don't understand the mechanics of their possible turnaround or the extent. I know it is imminent but I cannot quantify it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 10:30pm On Dec 10, 2007
@Pumping777,Oore

Thanks.

Got the megaload Access allotment.

Very generous of you.

Not as bad as those 1st Bank people.

My heart goes out for those poor people that could not reach the minimum.

Samstone4 cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:43pm On Dec 10, 2007
samstone4:

@Pumping777,Oore

Thanks.

Got the megaload Access allotment.

Very generous of you.

Not as bad as those 1st Bank people.

My heart goes out for those poor people that could not reach the minimum.

Samstone4 cool cool cool

It is sad and I just felt so bad for them. I wonder why they were not adviced at the point of purchase. Very cruel.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by donilors: 10:49pm On Dec 10, 2007
@ Pumping

Thanks for the info, will look at taking position.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 11:21pm On Dec 10, 2007
pumping, i feel u on DSR, i go just enter at 38 if possible but i no gree on c and i leasing, this stock is trading at a forward pe of 30 grin shocked shocked. surely, there must be some correction or at least some small stability b4 one jumps in, id rather go for bagco next year at this rate or just stick with access.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 11:31pm On Dec 10, 2007
I never believe I could be addicted to anything, but Seun proved me wrong. I agreed I am really addicted to this thread. Thank God I can have my shut.
Biko Seun no do this kin TS thing again o

@ Pumping 777
Nnam, are you able to get AG Leventis? My broker no fit get am so she divert the money to Intenegins @ 1.76, don’t know if to get mad or praise God. What you think
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 11:36pm On Dec 10, 2007
aktopgun:

OH MY GOD
I DIDN'T KNOW MILLIONAIRES HAD SO MUCH SENSE OF HUMOR
You GUYS ARE KILLING ME

FOR ME, SHIGIDI!! HAS IT, IT IS TOO UNIQUE

if u're having a bad day just logon and read that name. imagine giving birth to a child and at the naming ceremony saying, we hereby name this child SHIGIDI!!!!!!!!!

I just read this and because i had earphones on my ears, i laughed so had that someone came out to check whether all was well. I must confess that i was kind of happy when seun put the forum on break. It gave me time to catch up on the the action i had missed.

Btw, i think i must be the youngest person on this thread because i just finished 2007 from Systems Engineering Unilag(akokites plenty oooo)

@all,
Whatz your take on IEI? Should i buy now, it closed at 1.88 today

ok let me go back and finish reading only 7 more pages to go
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:40pm On Dec 10, 2007
shigidi:

pumping, i feel u on DSR, i go just enter at 38 if possible but i no gree on c and i leasing, this stock is trading at a forward pe of 30 grin shocked shocked. surely, there must be some correction or at least some small stability before one jumps in, id rather go for bagco next year at this rate or just stick with access.

I have looked at CILeasing in many ways and my conclusion is that if you don't buy because you are waiting a price drop that my not come, you miss this bus. I miss a few buses this way  grin grin

CILeasing has a trailing PE of 81.18 and that may be an indication of follow on growth rate. I'm just worried that once the smell of the year result hits, it will be hard to take position.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:46pm On Dec 10, 2007
crazyT:

I never believe I could be addicted to anything, but Seun proved me wrong. I agreed I am really addicted to this thread. Thank God I can have my shut.
Biko Seun no do this kin TS thing again o

@ Pumping 777
Nnam, are you able to get AG Leventis? My broker no fit get am so she divert the money to Intenegins @ 1.76, don’t know if to get mad or praise God. What you think

My broker got me about 50% of my order. He has not been able to get any more  cry

I hear IEI is going on TS for reconstruction or the like so I don't know what to say. I consider the stock good for cycling if you are into very short term technical trades.

Regards fundamentals, it does not look good in my books. Forward PE above 33 based on the half year results.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 3:57am On Dec 11, 2007
Abeg what is the gist on A.G. Leventis - They have seen 5 straight good days of trading.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:10am On Dec 11, 2007
SavvyLanre:

Abeg what is the gist on A.G. Leventis - They have seen 5 straight good days of trading.
There is no gist. Some people on nairaland decided it was a stock to watch. Then, lo and behold, the stock took off. There are some market shakers in our midst. tongue grin IT is a fundamentally sound stock. If you are interested, go ahead.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by youngdoc: 5:22am On Dec 11, 2007
ATTENTION ALL NAIRALANDERS!!

THE BEST INVESTMENT YET!!! INVEST IN ME!!! I AM AN ASPIRING Medical Doctor( SURGERY) IN Maryland / avid Nairalander AND I CAN GIVE YOU 9000% IN TEN YEARS. THIS IS BETTER THAN EVEN MTN Private placement grin grin grin INVEST IN ME O-O-O. Ive seen the quality of POCKETS on Nairaland and it is not a joke!!! HOnestly!! these people can move a stock by whispering!! Wanajo, Easimoni, Aktopgun, Yodi, Pumping, Father of 2 ( adopt me and become Fatherof3), WIndywendy, Temmie , BigBOYS and Ladies etc Invest in ME. I can give you payment details for my medical school for anyone interested. ( I no dey joke o!)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 6:13am On Dec 11, 2007
Note to self, mention stocks after broker has sent me invoice with purchase ONLY, not even after I have issued buy order grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ckenneths(m): 7:08am On Dec 11, 2007
If AG leventis gets to N5, i will offlloadn, bought at N3.46 and has my eye on unity bank especially now it is heading down.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tiwantiwa: 7:26am On Dec 11, 2007
ckenneths:

If AG leventis gets to N5, i will offlloadn, bought at N3.46 and has my eye on unity bank especially now it is heading down.

bros

do you see unity ank , going up any time soon , say mid q1 2008 , sad,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bivins1(m): 7:36am On Dec 11, 2007
all the big brothers in da house, i hail of una . from pumping to wanajo,fromwindyweny to easimoni from make i continue? all of una for this forum too much . my question be since almost all the po don dey dey oversubscribed, wetin be the way out? one of my pally adviced that i should buy shares in my wifes,s name and trusted relatives name. so after the certificates are alloted, how do i credit my CSCS Account.can i fill my cscs account on my wife,s and trusted relatives forms? . dem say if bird don dey learn to fly without perching, hunter go learn to shoot without missing
once again greetings to you all and merry xmas and a bumper new year in advance
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ckenneths(m): 7:47am On Dec 11, 2007
@tiwantiwa, my conservative 'guesstimate' is N10 by Q1 2008. This is a bank that has a point to prove. I loved their move of not issuing dividends this yr. It may add to their capital and swell profits for next financial year. And did you see their last result? Impressive I must say.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tiwantiwa: 7:56am On Dec 11, 2007
yes oh , i wasnt expecting that , lets keep our finger crossed , bought lot at 7 naira some months ago ,
thnks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 8:17am On Dec 11, 2007
Ckenneth, you must be a strong believer to be having hope in Unity bank. They've got nothing to prove. A badly managed bank. No strength. No niche market. Nothing really to offer. Me I am an unbelieving believer so thread with care.

On Beta Glass, solid bank just recovering after some two or three years difficulty. major challenge is NAFDAC's plan to stop the use of glass bottles by cocacola and co. Beta Glass, AG Leventis and NBC do gave something in common. They all tend to do well together. There is seems to be a link in their shareholding.

AIICO prospectus, well will have to wait for it.

Acorn PP is out for those interested. Yet to see it though.

MTN private placement, still waiting for the details.

DSR and First Bank should be money spinners in 2008. They are positioned for great things.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 8:20am On Dec 11, 2007
AP shares moving up because Otedola was increasing his stake. I doubt how this happen without SEC intervention. 5% holding in a company requires disclosure. He bought in his individual capacity not as Zenon.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ckenneths(m): 8:25am On Dec 11, 2007
@wanajo, I have enjoyed some quick profits from unity bankn so you can understand my belief, got in at 5.50, got bonus, sold at 8.08 three months later.

As for the chain in NBC, NBC owns a substancial stake in Beta glass, AG Leventis of course owns a majority of NBC shares and so the all attend the same meetings.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 8:36am On Dec 11, 2007
CBN to release $1.8bn and over N300bn to the states. Part of that money will get to the capital market. So expect hugely over subscribed PO's and a bullish trend on the NSE. So take position.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 8:39am On Dec 11, 2007
ckenneths:

@wanajo, I have enjoyed some quick profits from unity bankn so you can understand my belief, got in at 5.50, got bonus, sold at 8.08 three months later.

As for the chain in NBC, NBC owns a substancial stake in Beta glass, AG Leventis of course owns a majority of NBC shares and so the all attend the same meetings.

I know that you've made money from Unity bank and as usual with most investors emotion takes the better of us and we continue to do the 'wrong' things until it is too late.

Imagine driving against the traffic. Of course you may get away with it many times but the day that you will be UNLUCKY, it will be terrible.

Really, there is nothing that Unity Bank has that makes it attractive. What is the unique selling point? Mangement? Size? Reah or what? Nothing!!!!!

Unity and Spring bank are two banks walking on tight ropes. Can't see a future for them.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 8:39am On Dec 11, 2007
ckenneths:

Thanks so much for the connection here!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 8:55am On Dec 11, 2007
ckenneths:

You are close to it. Add Frigolass and you will get a better picture of the Greek investment in Nigeria.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ckenneths(m): 9:05am On Dec 11, 2007
I also heard that they(NBC) owns CPL, crown products limited at Ijebu Ode.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ckenneths(m): 9:10am On Dec 11, 2007
I forgot to add that CPL produces crown corks for the bottled products, I dont know how truthful it is but the source insists that CPL also produces crowns for 7up, Guinness etc.

Does anyone know how truthful that is?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 9:25am On Dec 11, 2007
ckenneths:

I also heard that they(NBC) owns CPL, crown products limited at Ijebu Ode.

Never heard of that.

Avon crown also produces crown corks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 9:33am On Dec 11, 2007
Flour Mills 6 months result is not impressive. Quite strange. Guess the gas supply disruption and interest on loans for the various expansion is hitting them hard. turnover went up but PAT was down.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 9:39am On Dec 11, 2007
@youngdoc

Are you a medical student or a doctor?
How is it possible to be a medical student of Surgery in the USA?

@Wanajo

Betaglass used to be called Delta Glass.
Betaglass, NBC and A.G.Leventis are all controlled by the Leventis family.
I believe they are Greek-Nigerians.

Samstone4 cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ckenneths(m): 9:46am On Dec 11, 2007
That NAFDAC policy against bottled drinks, how can it affect bottling companies like NBC and NBL,7up Guinness etc and their operations, can this affect their operations negatively. What of its effects on profitability?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ckenneths(m): 9:50am On Dec 11, 2007
Are we sure Dangote flour is not stealing their market shares already (Flour mills) what was their turnover like to compare last half year?

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.