Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,125 members, 7,900,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 03:01 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (826471 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 3:14pm On Dec 14, 2007
@Cedar1

some pips have received theirs already. am in the same position as you. I guess we can only hope we will be included if any bonuses are declared.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 3:18pm On Dec 14, 2007
@kpineo,

My brother kpineo, thanks so much for the UBA daily market position. Can you please include me in your mailing list for that report. I need it to speculate big time. I don look chart tire, my eyes wan blind at age 30! Help I need that UBA daily market report, please. Thanks

My email is elvis.onaghise@intelservices.com

I have here boldened my mail address. Please get in touch. Regards
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 3:20pm On Dec 14, 2007
kpineo:

Attached is the UBA stockbroker report on closing bid and offers. will try to keep everyone updated once it comes through daily.

@kpineo,

My brother kpineo, thanks so much for the UBA daily market position. Can you please include me in your mailing list for that report. I need it to speculate big time. I don look chart tire, my eyes wan blind at age 30! Help I need that UBA daily market report, please. Thanks

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:21pm On Dec 14, 2007
shigidi:

@ easimoni,
i have somequestions concerning technical analysis :
1) you pasted the attachment for volumes, how does that help in calculating the RSI
2) i studied rsi in investopedia, there, it says rs= number of gains in x days/number of losses in x days
what does that mean.
3) can you use technical analysis to get an estimated forecast price like in fundamental analysis,
please help me out here.

Chem Engr Shigidi,
1. Volumes don't figure into RSI. It's, however, used to calculate OBV.
2. RSI is a little confusing per Investopedia's definition. RS (not RSI) = (sum of closing prices on up days / 14) divided by (sum of closing prices on down days/14). RSI = 100 - 100/(1+RS)
The 14 is the number of trading days used to calc RSI and is the norm. It can be adjusted.
3. No. Tech analysis analyzes demand and supply over the short term. A stock may be undervalued but over supplied and that is a recipe for an interim price decline. I's also (I think) a useful tool to know when to get out.

I think buying a fundamentally sound stock that appears to be "oversold" and primed for a bull run is the best way to go.

We go dey see as we start to apply.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by esco399(m): 3:22pm On Dec 14, 2007
@ olufemi : no quams   smiley

@ easimoni: today must be a lucky day for you (one of the plenty ofcourse), ur # of posts is currently 777, it just caught me off guard, no post again until u don make some trades o, grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by damoche07(m): 3:23pm On Dec 14, 2007
Arent u scared of being spammed?

Why not use words? Just a suggestion.
Mr. Risky:

@kpineo,

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ckenneths(m): 3:28pm On Dec 14, 2007
Cashcraft just reported that the recapitalization in the stock broking industry is being discussed.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 3:30pm On Dec 14, 2007
@ Mr Risky

i think you should consider damoche07 advise to guard against spam. i will paste the report on this forum daily once i get it for the benefit of all. it comes in rather late though , like 8pm so might be the next day. just used some contacts in UBA to put me on their mailing list.
Guys on this forum share a lot of useful info and as i no sabi technical, fundamental or market behaviour analysis i say make i contribute my little quota so as to continue to benefit from both gurus and gugurus, grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:39pm On Dec 14, 2007
kpineo:

@ Mr Risky

i think you should consider damoche07 advise to guard against spam. i will paste the report on this forum daily once i get it for the benefit of all. it comes in rather late though , like 8pm so might be the next day. just used some contacts in UBA to put me on their mailing list.
Guys on this forum share a lot of useful info and as i no sabi technical, fundamental or market behaviour analysis i say make i contribute my little quota so as to continue to benefit from both gurus and gugurus, grin

Correct guy!
esco399:

@ easimoni: today must be a lucky day for you (one of the plenty ofcourse), your # of posts is currently 777, it just caught me off guard, no post again until u don make some trades o, grin

Too late! grin But the other 2 "7s" still dey there. Anyway money don (nearly) finish.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 3:47pm On Dec 14, 2007
after waiting for so long,the best FCMB can do now is start heading northwards,
is that too much to ask? i need to buy xmas turkeyoooh.

for those looking for PHB,guess you can get to buy cos it was on net offer yesterday.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:47pm On Dec 14, 2007
easimoni:

Correct guy!
Too late! grin But the other 2 "7s" still dey there. Anyway money don (nearly) finish.

silent buyer grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nateevs(m): 3:54pm On Dec 14, 2007
@easimoni

Do you know anything about oceanic bank shares certificates for 2007 PO? What is your opnion about it?

Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 4:07pm On Dec 14, 2007
@ Wanajo

Abeg show small face, l am missing you tongue
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Cedar1: 4:24pm On Dec 14, 2007
ckenneths:

Cashcraft just reported that the recapitalization in the stock broking industry is being discussed.
Hi,
Could please throw more light one this
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:30pm On Dec 14, 2007
nateevs:

@easimoni

Do you know anything about oceanic bank shares certificates for 2007 PO? What is your opnion about it?

Thanks.

Sorry was out again.Don't know much about their certificates.Just know they've not released all.They're hoarding the thing till after releasing results i suspect.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 4:41pm On Dec 14, 2007
@ Fatherof2,

Baba wetin happen to FCMB, I think sey the thing go do 5% today but I was shocked with the result. Any hope fro we investors
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:42pm On Dec 14, 2007
@ All

I would like to ask one question,
How many people on this forum really visit this site:   www.cscsnigerialtd.com
Its very important oh.Its a rich place oh.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:44pm On Dec 14, 2007
ololufemi:

@ Fatherof2,

Baba wetin happen to FCMB, I think sey the thing go do 5% today but I was shocked with the result. Any hope fro we investors

No worry, we dey watch am.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 4:57pm On Dec 14, 2007
@ Fatherof2,

Picked up some more PHB today. Have 30,000 PHB units in my portfolio now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 5:00pm On Dec 14, 2007
FatherOF2:

@ All

How many people on this forum really visit this site: www.cscsnigerialtd.com

what is on that site? at one point the had this free number to call to check your portfolio info, but that is now a secret page (login required). Father please let you boys know the hidden treasures oh!!! Nascon don carry go with christmas turkey funds can't afford the same in the new year. cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:02pm On Dec 14, 2007
FatherOF2:

@ All

How many people on this forum really visit this site:   www.cscsnigerialtd.com

I visit the site but I've not seen much stuff there. What did you find?

I don't have an account though I can view my portfolio there by navigating through my brokerage account.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 5:03pm On Dec 14, 2007
@ All

how come PHB is suddenly on strong offer. this NSE sef!!!
Father of 2 hope you have checked the report, once the one for today arrives, i will post sharp, sharp!!!
Gurus,
Am trying to learn from una oh, both technical and fundamental and FAther of 2's emotional analysis.
this is the forum, what a lovely mix!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 5:09pm On Dec 14, 2007
@all
Any one that decides to buy the Zenith PO should buy thru me.
I can be reached on 08023193640, 08038421775 and 08023193640
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 5:11pm On Dec 14, 2007
@ Kpineo and everyone,

what is on that site? at one point the had this free number to call to check your portfolio info, but that is now a secret page (login required). Father please let you boys know the hidden treasures oh!!! Nascon don carry go with christmas turkey funds can't afford the same in the new year.

That site give an overview of things you should know.

Closure dates, top 5 gainers, forms for online registration, trade alerts, transfer of stocks , dividend payment, dates and etc.

Very rich site.

Just take time to navigate through the site and you will have a better confidence when next you talk to your broker.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 5:13pm On Dec 14, 2007
pumping777:

I visit the site but I've not seen much stuff there. What did you find?

I don't have an account though I can view my portfolio there by navigating through my brokerage account.

You see it puts a lot in perspective.
Have you used the price history?
Have you used the closure date section?.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 5:16pm On Dec 14, 2007
kpineo:

@ All

how come PHB is suddenly on strong offer. this NSE sef!!!
Father of 2 hope you have checked the report, once the one for today arrives, i will post sharp, sharp!!!
Gurus,
Am trying to learn from una oh, both technical and fundamental and FAther of 2's emotional analysis.
this is the forum, what a lovely mix!!

When Christmas and Sallah dey around the corner why will offer not come?.
Watch it again after this short holiday.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 5:19pm On Dec 14, 2007
@ All,

Got this from the CSCS Site.

I remember someone asking what happens if a broker does not meet the capital requirement set by the regulatory body. This may help

Inter-Member Transfer

This affords investors freedom of action. Investors are allowed to transfer custody of their investment to any stockbroking firm of choice at any time. Investors are not compelled to do stock transactions perpetually with a stockbroking firm. If a stockbroking firm is sanctioned by the regulatory authorities, clients can transfer custody of their investment to any chosen stockbroking firm.

If transfer is initiated by the resident (current) Firm.

The stockbroking firm would write CSCS to move the client account (based on the client's request) to another stockbroking fiml. This letter would be addressed to the Managing Director/CEO of CSCS.

The letter would state the name of the client, account number, name of stock and quantity of stock to be moved.

Confirmation of the transfer from CSCS can be obtained through the acknowledgement copy of the transfer letter.

Thereafter, the new house could go ahead to trade on the stock.
If transfer is initiated by the Target stockbroking firm
The new house would write a letter to CSCS (addressed to the Managing Director/CEO) with client's letter of instruction to the stockbroking firm attached, stating that he wants to transfer his account with the specified stock(s) and quantity from his former house to the new house.

The former house would be copied.

Confirmation of the transfer from CSCS can be obtained through the acknowledgment copy of the transfer letter.

Thereafter, the broker would go ahead to trade on the stock(s).
Common mistakes associated with Inter-member transfers:

Some stockbroking firms initiating the transfers did not ascertain if the stocks were still available before initiating letters of transfer. This was necessary in order to reduce faulty transfer request. Transfer requests were usually made to the Traded Stock Account of the target stockbroking firm. This was wrong and unacceptable because it amounted to changes of ownership without trades.

The Clearing House Number and the Stock Account Number of the clients beingtransferred in some instances were not stated for ease of transfer. There were open-ended transfer request such as "transfer all the stocks belonging to Mr. A", this kind of request could not be treated because the names of the stocks and the quantities to be moved were not explicitly stated. Some shareholders instructed CSCS to transfer their accounts to other houses. Instructions of that nature were expected to come through their stockbroking firms. Letter of consent from the target house without the acknowledgement of the client's former house was not entertained.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 5:25pm On Dec 14, 2007
@ All,

When Christmas and Sallah dey around the corner why will offer not come?.
Watch it again after this short holiday.

True quote from Fatherof2. Also some people are selling to buy PO but hmmnn, with Oversubscription always coming in uninvited, be careful. The lessons from Firt Bank is enough.

Got info that money/warrants from First bank are out. Contact your brokers for returned monies or wait for your warrant patiently.

Sorry I did not mention this earlier.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 5:38pm On Dec 14, 2007
ololufemi:

@ All,

Got info that money/warrants from First bank are out. Contact your brokers for returned monies or wait for your warrant patiently.

Sorry I did not mention this earlier.

Yes o, my broker told me today that First Bank has returned my money.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SGN(m): 5:46pm On Dec 14, 2007
@All

GT Bank Result. someone mentioned they can still make 21Bn full year PAT on this thread. Given they made 11 point something bn so far how are they going to make another 11bn only in the last quarter of the year? I don't think Banking business is such seasonal for such performance. And I seriously think if they do make 21bn eventually, one needs to look beyond the surface.

Anyone one agree? 21bn Full Year PAT possible?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:50pm On Dec 14, 2007
FatherOF2:

You see it puts a lot in perspective.
Have you used the price history?
Have you used the closure date section?.

I can get all these information from other sources.

I can get price history on cashcraft and get closure date information on the days they are announced through meristem and I store all these information for easy retrieval at any time.

The cscsnigerialtd site is not always up to date. A few months back they did not update the closures information for almost a month and the site has this bad habit of being down when you need to access it.

The price gainers/losers information only reports the absolute values. I need percentages which tell a better story. This is also available from other sources.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 5:58pm On Dec 14, 2007
@Nateevs

Got my Oceanic cerificate some weeks ago.
Harass your broker.

Goodluck!

Samstone4 cool cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.