Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,810 members, 7,872,697 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:58 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (821545 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 1:01pm On Dec 14, 2007
FCMB is good, if it doesnt move , i will pick up more, very good fundamentals and should hit 25 naira soon.
GTB is still good, expect them to hit 21bn profit, just watch out for GTB
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by eudio(f): 1:05pm On Dec 14, 2007
U HAVE TO BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN DEALING WITH STOCKBROKERS.

IF NOT, UR MONEY GO DISAPPEAR INTO THIN AIR.

WHT I'M TRYING TO SAY IS THAT, WHN U GIVE THEM MONEY, ASK FOR UR RECEIPT AND CONTRACT NOTE.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oldie(m): 1:08pm On Dec 14, 2007
shigidi:

FCMB is good, if it doesnt move , i will pick up more, very good fundamentals and should hit 25 naira soon.
GTB is still good, expect them to hit 21bn profit, just watch out for GTB

Not after they must have recovered money stolen from Ibori! embarassed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 1:15pm On Dec 14, 2007
@ easimoni,
i have somequestions concerning technical analysis :
1) you pasted the attachment for volumes, how does that help in calculating the RSI
2) i studied rsi in investopedia, there, it says rs= number of gains in x days/number of losses in x days
what does that mean.
3) can you use technical analysis to get an estimated forecast price like in fundamental analysis,
please help me out here.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 1:19pm On Dec 14, 2007
no_shaking:

@ Olulofemi

E bi like say the bid no strong reach! As I dey see so FCMB is now N17.96. Still hoping this is not worse than the Access Bank's situation. Remember, Access gained full momentum for 3 days after it's TS was lifted before retracing back to its TS price and the rest history! Anyway, fingers crossed!!

Why did FMCB decide to lift TS today? Today of all days, sad angry - few days to yuletide historically bearish period? I tire o!!

oga no_shaking.You wan live up to your name oh.Why you dey shake for FCMB.No panic.
Just leave am,e go come.Remember short term na 0-3months and every date in between.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 1:21pm On Dec 14, 2007
This GDR thing is already worrying GTB. Diamond is on the line too!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nateevs(m): 1:23pm On Dec 14, 2007
Hi everyone,

I bought oceanic bank PO and I have been waiting for the shares certificates forever, let alone selling them off. Anyone has a take on Oceanic?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 1:30pm On Dec 14, 2007
gdr is not the problem with GTB, they are doing fine, they will hit that 21bn, i just know it,
thje gdr might affect their price for now but like easimoni will say, you cant keep a good stock down grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 1:32pm On Dec 14, 2007
eudio:

You HAVE TO BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN DEALING WITH STOCKBROKERS.

IF NOT, UR MONEY GO DISAPPEAR INTO THIN AIR.

WHT I'M TRYING TO SAY IS THAT, WHN You GIVE THEM MONEY, ASK FOR UR RECEIPT AND CONTRACT NOTE.

Receipt ok, but contract note na biro.The best bet for you is to use cscs TRADE ALERT.
Contract note na biro.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 1:34pm On Dec 14, 2007
shigidi:

gdr is not the problem with GTB, they are doing fine, they will hit that 21bn, i just know it,
thje gdr might affect their price for now but like easimoni will say, you can't keep a good stock down grin

Besides that GTB will always behave this way until February.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 1:34pm On Dec 14, 2007
fatherof2,
how do you registewr for CSCS trade alert
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nateevs(m): 1:41pm On Dec 14, 2007
@fatherof 2

Can I open a cscs account without the need of a broker?

Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 2:05pm On Dec 14, 2007
shigidi:

fatherof2,

Sorry i was out for a minute.Just give me two minutes.i'll forward the trade alert link to you so you register online.But
you'll need your cscs account number ready along with your broker code.Call your broker for his code.
Its usually the antonym for his full company name.

@nateevs

no you can't open a cscs account without your broker signing the identification form that he's with you.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 2:07pm On Dec 14, 2007
@ all number crunchers
help needed as i just get headache after looking at the figures for NASCON.
Outstanding Shares 2.2 BN; Proj. PAT N1B; Proj. EPS 0.45; Proj. PE ratio 39.11
if am correct that PE ratio is the worst in the food and bevarages sector. Please how do i calculated fair price. i think it is time to count my losses and just bail out. Headache don set in embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 2:14pm On Dec 14, 2007
shigidi:

fatherof2,

http://www.nse-cscstradealert.com/
go to subscription.

That's the link,but note that from the day you register with cscs trade alert,your broker will suddenly become unfriendly.
There's another way they can dodge this.They'll do your trades in another name so you never get your trade alert.Trade alert never fails.
Its sent by 4pm daily.Insist that he does your transactions in your name.If your don't get any trade alert on the first transaction you make after the first acknowledgement text you get from trade alert,then he's not buying in your name,just to dodge the real price he either buys or sells.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 2:17pm On Dec 14, 2007
kpineo:

@ all number crunchers
help needed as i just get headache after looking at the figures for NASCON.
Outstanding Shares 2.2 BN; Proj. PAT N1B; Proj. EPS 0.45; Proj. PE ratio 39.11
if am correct that PE ratio is the worst in the food and bevarages sector. Please how do i calculated fair price. i think it is time to count my losses and just bail out. Headache don set in embarassed embarassed embarassed

Men no panic for that stock.
That stock was the first Dangote fraud in NSE.
Will never try that guy again(one day IPO).
Me i leave small money there.I know it'll come out it soon.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 2:21pm On Dec 14, 2007
@father of 2

was planning to hold till up of year result is announced hopefully in march and then sell. but with all these opportunities here and there. i dont want to lose out both ways.
Am waiting on your PHB strategy as am full positioned, father of many!!!
Access bank is wasting time oh. abi how you check am
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ckenneths(m): 2:26pm On Dec 14, 2007
Some stock brokers automatically open up a cscs trade alert as they open a stock broking account for you, buy these are mainly top rank brokers.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 2:34pm On Dec 14, 2007
FatherOF2:

That stock was the first Dangote fraud in NSE.

Dont completely agree with that. Peeps were not forced to buy .Remember the first law of commercial transaction - CAVEAT EMPTOR - let the buyer

BEWARE !
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 2:34pm On Dec 14, 2007
@ No shaking,

Na to dey pray seriously oh.

Oya if you bought FCMB on TS, Kindly join me as we pray for a rally for today.

In the name of our Lord, we shall reap bountifully,

Can I hear an Amen, I mean a loud Amen,

Still got close to 1 hour left for trading to be concluded.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 2:39pm On Dec 14, 2007
@ No shaking,

We still stand firm continue to thread on FCMB and my take is look at ETI. After 2 days 5% gain, it dropped points for one day and has done a full recharge. I bet people may not catch up with it, at least for now.

FCMB dey kampe

cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 2:41pm On Dec 14, 2007
ololufemi:

@ No shaking,

Na to dey pray seriously oh.

Oya if you bought FCMB on TS, Kindly join me as we pray for a rally for today.

In the name of our Lord, we shall reap bountifully,

Can I hear an Amen, I mean a loud Amen,

Still got close to 1 hour left for trading to be concluded.

What 1 hour -- when some sites have already published the day's closing prices.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 2:43pm On Dec 14, 2007
@yodiyokun

i was just about to point the same thing out to ololufemi
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:44pm On Dec 14, 2007
yodiyokun:

I have always suspected this somebody is not trading on the NSE.

Oya, ololufemi, show us way to your new exchange wey still dey open at this time grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 2:45pm On Dec 14, 2007
@ esco399,

If u were including me as well, then you are wrong,  I no be disciple ooo (actually dislike the way the word is being used),  far from it,  I respect his style just like I respect wanajo & co's styles & a lot of other styles on this site equally. I tend to be a mixture of most depending on a lot of factors (to each his own),  I'm neither on one extreme or the other,  just keep my mind open, and remain master of my own domain,    

Oga esco399,

No vex about the use of the word disciple but the word disciple na english word oh and restrictions no dey to how you fit use am oh. (when last I checked with my dictionary)  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Any enjoy from both sides. Afterall, a cocktail is made up of mixtures and gives delight to the tasters.

cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 2:49pm On Dec 14, 2007
@ Yodi Yokun,

Sorry my darling sister, Na my post no go in time. The rate at which post dey enter this thread dey baffle me. You no fit post chap chap, sorry sharp sharp
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by CHO: 2:49pm On Dec 14, 2007
Guys
i checked on Intenegins and could  not find their name in all the site result sheet for the day what's up. do anybody know why they are not mentioned today?  
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 2:50pm On Dec 14, 2007
shigidi:

@ easimoni,
i have somequestions concerning technical analysis :
1) you pasted the attachment for volumes, how does that help in calculating the RSI
2) i studied rsi in investopedia, there, it says rs= number of gains in x days/number of losses in x days
what does that mean.
3) can you use technical analysis to get an estimated forecast price like in fundamental analysis,
please help me out here.

Yes this has been my issue as well.

But last night I revisited emaachile's handout and did some searched online.

I stumbled on a site that explains how to calculate the RSI and then plot it - but it is saved at home.

Unfortunately, I have searched google again cannot find it .

I will attach the document when I get home - It really broke it down and everything is clearer now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 2:54pm On Dec 14, 2007
@ Pumping,

I never open my own NSE oh. Anyway, that post was sent at 12.48 but as I dey type now, the page is showing me

Warning - while you were reading 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post. [color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color]

Anyway, Apologies to everyone oh.

To Yodiyokun, I no dey use international time oh. (international Date Line)

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:56pm On Dec 14, 2007
CHO:

Guys
i checked on Intenegins and could not find their name in all the site result sheet for the day what's up. do anybody know why they are not mentioned today?

Very strange. I've looked around and can't find them listed on any of the reports today. Could it go from such high volumes to Zero?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Cedar1: 3:01pm On Dec 14, 2007
[quote][/quote]
hi everyone,
how does the trade alert really work?
i did not register online but i got a buy alert. when
i registered with my broker, i got a text notifying
the success of my registration and my cscs no. and
that i shall get notification on each transaction ie
buy or sell. and so far i got notified on the stocks
i bought last.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nateevs(m): 3:12pm On Dec 14, 2007
@Fatherof2

Thanks for the info on CSCS.

Do you have any takes on Oceanic bank. I have bought the PO and waiting for the Certificates forever. Any advices?

thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.