Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,870 members, 7,893,350 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 09:14 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (825399 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 12:58pm On Dec 28, 2007
easimoni:

Yodi, you calculated it right but I have included a second sheet that does it in four columns instead of 8.

@Easimoni
Thank you very much very useful.

grabdaloot:

[
Yodi,
How you apply the RSI is purely up to you but I will try to explain the general principle of the application. It can be used by all kinds of investors, dividend hunters, capital gain pursuants, long term investors etc. The thing is that when you have decided on stock you want to invest in, the RSI will aid you in getting in at the best time/price. It can also serve as an aid for when to exit (short sellers love the RSI to death). Various people have various bars but typically 70 seems to be the sell indicator and 30 the buy one. As for AGLEVENT, I just looked again and the RSI to me seem to be in the 54 - 56 range. Still a good entry point for the stock if you ask me considering the relatively lean volumes. I used the 5 - 25 day range to look at it (increment of 5 days), so decide on a stock evaluate the RSI and know when to jump on the boat. Those of you that like 'cyclic' stocks this is a must use! With higher highs and higer lows immenient the swingers/surfers should get ready to ride the wave

Grabdaloot you are confusing moi ooo.

I tried using the 14 day, 5 day and 10 day RSI , but all gave me different ranges and no visible trend.

My point is how do you evaluate the RSI - you talked about lean volumes, how does that factor in. I have been reading but the wool over my eyes never comot yet.

bigjay01:

@Grabalot

I don't understand how you arrived at an RSI of 54-56. I used the 14 day range. Find attached my results. Have I miscalculated something?

@BigJay01,

I dont understand your formula oo, easimoni help us out. My own 14 days for A.G leventis is very much different from yours.

Does the date you start charting the RSI affect your RSI figures??

Please help us out here.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 1:12pm On Dec 28, 2007
Hi,

This is my own A.G leventis - I did 5,10,15, 14,20 & 25 Days

THis is quite different from @Bigjay01 but we started at different dates - I believe this may have affected it.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 1:31pm On Dec 28, 2007
Indications from the market show that AP is still sustaining its accent to an all time high price in the oil industries. The company gained an N9.38 to top the gainers chart, while oil major, OANDO also chalked up N5.56, MOBIL N6.15. The bulls are still on rampage on the floors. I still cannot see any reason NB is losing around N1.24.

Intercontinental topped the volume charts, 85 million units and sold a value of 3.4b. oceanic a total of 70 million, 2.4 billion worth.

More reports later after I see the full price list.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 1:43pm On Dec 28, 2007
yodiyokun:

Hi,

This is my own A.G leventis - I did 5,10,15, 14,20 & 25 Days

THis is quite different from @Bigjay01 but we started at different dates - I believe this may have affected it.

i think the problem here is when you start evaluating. I have attached a spreadsheet. Sorry I have to remove the formula. I couldn't upload more than 200kb. but you could always input your formula and see what you get.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 1:50pm On Dec 28, 2007
Hope you were able to download the sheet. forgot to mention that I used 10 day trading period for that evaluation (ie 2 wks or 14days). Just let me know if you have more questions
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 1:56pm On Dec 28, 2007
yodiyokun:

@BigJay01,

I don't understand your formula oo, easimoni help us out. My own 14 days for A.G leventis is very much different from yours.

Does the date you start charting the RSI affect your RSI figures??

Please help us out here.

I think if we have different starts and ends of 14 day periods then we are bound t have differnt results, since there will be different prevailing prices on these days.

The only thing I noticed is that you used last close and this close in ur calculation whereas I used opening and close prices. I dont know which is correct, most texts I looked at used opening and close prices.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by AbuMaryam1(m): 2:50pm On Dec 28, 2007
@yodi and Easimoni.
this a good well done work. Some where in this forum someone refer us to investopedia where i acquired little about indicators. Since then i'm computing my RSI analysis manually which is lobourious. I dont knw how to apply The formulae in my excel sheet. Kindly help me with ready made spreedsheet at themassenger44 at yahoo.com.
wishing all happy new year in advance.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by coolme: 3:10pm On Dec 28, 2007
coolme:

Hello everyone and compliments of the season to you all

Cld the gurus in the house kindly confirm to me if its posibble for me to sell my rights in the ongoing zenith offer?.

i have about 14k units and someone said i can make money by selling my rights without touching/selling my shares, how is it calculated and how much is it?, in regards to zenith

Full explanation will be appreciated,

cheers

Thanks a bunch, k2 and invisible,

@invisible,
need to ask u some question cos i need some advice on my portfolio and don't want to drag others back, can you let me have your email addy?, thats if you don't mind?

cheers and great work here

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 5:02pm On Dec 28, 2007
@ Coolme, you can reach me at ojiego24@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by drdaniel(m): 5:47pm On Dec 28, 2007
hello guys. Gd bless ya all.
Learnt a lot from u guys.
Have been to adapt one of the RSI tables for UNIC one of our stocks to watch.
I now see how in Nov alone using this u could have done thirty something percent.
I have attached it.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by drdaniel(m): 5:51pm On Dec 28, 2007
hello guys. Gd bless ya all.
Learnt a lot from u guys.
Have been to adapt one of the RSI tables for UNIC one of our stocks to watch.
I now see how in Nov alone using this u could have done thirty something percent.
I have attached it.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by drdaniel(m): 5:59pm On Dec 28, 2007
bigjay01:

I download from Zenith securities, run a macro in textpad that tab delimits the field (by changing all spaces to tabs) then copied and pasted in excel. Unforttunately I only have from August this year till 21st of Dec. Its pretty str8 fwd to do. Is this any good 2 u? or do u want it further back?

@bigjay01
can i have ur historical pricelist. Been trying to update the database we got on this site from FSDH but not possible. I will appreciate this greatly.
U can post it or send to my email drdaniel04 at yahoo.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jungle700: 6:32pm On Dec 28, 2007
Can someone in the house pls give a breakdown of Access bank allotment of the just concluded public offer? I will like to know if they are returning money to prospective investors? I don tire with all this return of money , From now on I think I will just stick with only secondary market.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 6:47pm On Dec 28, 2007
jungle700:

Can someone in the house please give a breakdown of Access bank allotment of the just concluded public offer? I will like to know if they are returning money to prospective investors? I don tire with all this return of money , From now on I think I will just stick with only secondary market.

Pumping posted the access allotment 3 weeks ago. Here is the link again

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2DY0H1ZB
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 6:54pm On Dec 28, 2007
@easimoni

i notice you have been ignoring my posts . IF i offend you , no vex. no offence intended.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 7:19pm On Dec 28, 2007
drdaniel:

@bigjay01
can i have your historical pricelist. Been trying to update the database we got on this site from FSDH but not possible. I will appreciate this greatly.
You can post it or send to my email drdaniel04 at yahoo.com

I only have from August '07. Any good?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 7:50pm On Dec 28, 2007
@easimoni,grabdaloot,fatherof2,bigjay,ololufemi,all
thumps up to u guys,ur contributions have been a blessing may God increase u. pls i need information on how to calculate the RSI,i have decided to devote this break in learning ds technique and i hav data on NSE for the past 51 weeks.kindly explain and give links for further studies,i am expectant.thanks wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 7:51pm On Dec 28, 2007
@all

Find attached today's stock position

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 7:57pm On Dec 28, 2007
For RSI I use Aptistock or Metastock to easily compute that way I can see the graph, it basically does the work for u. Aptistock is free, google it and download, very nice.
Does anyone have in excel or text format data for NIG-GERMAN, CI-Leasing, UNIC or any from 6mths, I've for NIG-GERMAN but its only llike 2 mths worth since 28th oct til now
My broker just got more NIG-GERMAN today at N24.99 (sigh) I was hoping he'd have gotten it yesterday, and CI-Leasing for N8.02
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 7:58pm On Dec 28, 2007
iconbull:

@easimoni,grabdaloot,fatherof2,bigjay,ololufemi,all
thumps up to u guys,your contributions have been a blessing may God increase u. please i need information on how to calculate the RSI,i have decided to devote this break in learning ds technique and i hav data on NSE for the past 51 weeks.kindly explain and give links for further studies,i am expectant.thanks wink

if you post the data in excel format then i'll update it with RSI info. Alternatively, you can have a look at these sites

http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:technical_indicators:relative_strength_index_rsi

http://stockcharts.com/education/indicatoranalysis/RSI.xls
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by drdaniel(m): 8:03pm On Dec 28, 2007
bigjay01:

I only have from August '07. Any good?
@bigjay01
Will appreciate it greatly even though tis from august
thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ciaman: 8:55pm On Dec 28, 2007
Anyone to explain RSI to me or anyone to direct me to the extact page where I will get initial information about RSI? Just tell me the page number, Thank you to all and anybody that has a useful/ information can just email me on lakrem_330@yahoo.com. Thank you all
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 9:22pm On Dec 28, 2007
Ciaman:

Anyone to explain RSI to me or anyone to direct me to the extact page where I will get initial information about RSI? Just tell me the page number, Thank you to all and anybody that has a useful/ information can just email me on lakrem_330@yahoo.com. Thank you all

check out the last 10 pages or visit
http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:technical_indicators:relative_strength_index_rsi
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 9:29pm On Dec 28, 2007
Naijadr:

Does anyone have in excel or text format data for NIG-GERMAN, CI-Leasing, UNIC or any from 6mths, I've for NIG-GERMAN but its only llike 2 mths worth since 28th oct til now

@Naijadr
I have data from August, any good to you?

@all
What do you think about the current price of AGLeventis. I put in a mandate with a limit of N4.63, the current price is about N4.80. increase my limit or just play siddon look?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 9:30pm On Dec 28, 2007
drdaniel:

@bigjay01
Will appreciate it greatly even though tis from august
thanks.

sent 2 ur email address
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 2gd: 9:33pm On Dec 28, 2007
Quote from: X-2-X on Yesterday at 08:07:06 PM
Compliments of the season to all.

I am searching for a reliable source of daily price updates in Excel format.

Can anyone recommend and provider (I tried registering on FSDH, nothing received so far after >
Merci beacoup et bien à vous!!

me too!

please can someone give me contact details of reliable brokers in afriinvest and cashcraft,
i use cashcraft, the problem i have withthem is they don't execute orders until, the wrong time(as far as i'm concerned, )i have to wait days to sell(after which the price would hab\ve almost fallen to the amt at which i bought) or to buy(after which the price would have risen SOOOOOOOOO FRIGGIN HIGH), I'M GETTING REALLY AGITATED, because i target when prices are low and these people are just annoyin/dullin me,
please guys, if u are sure your broker executes orders immediately/the company has online services, PLEASE I BEG You , GIVE ME UR BROKER'S NUMBER.GOD BLESS YA,
GOOD BROKERS ONLY PLS, i've had enough of crap thanks[s][/s]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 9:39pm On Dec 28, 2007
Naijadr:

For RSI I use Aptistock or Metastock to easily compute that way I can see the graph, it basically does the work for u.

@Naijadr

I have installed Aptistock, however, I am having difficulty feeding data to it. Talk me through this please

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 9:56pm On Dec 28, 2007
bigjay01:

@Naijadr
I have data from August, any good to you?

@all
What do you think about the current price of AGLeventis. I put in a mandate with a limit of N4.63, the current price is about N4.80. increase my limit or just play siddon look?

What is your target exit price or profit margin you are hoping to make based on your analyses. I am supposing you have a prioritized list of stock to invest in. So if at N4.8 say your target exit is N9.6 means you can still make a 100% but if the next stock on your list is N12 and your target exit is N30 means you have a 150% to make there so you'll opt for that. I think you should be the one to make the call not anyone else tongue
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 10:06pm On Dec 28, 2007
grabdaloot:

What is your target exit price or profit margin you are hoping to make based on your analyses. I am supposing you have a prioritized list of stock to invest in. So if at N4.8 say your target exit is N9.6 means you can still make a 100% but if the next stock on your list is N12 and your target exit is N30 means you have a 150% to make there so you'll opt for that. I think you should be the one to make the call not anyone else tongue

True, true, I am wondering if AGLeventis has the potential to hit N10 in about 6-9 months bearing in mind the joint venture with Cummins
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 10:14pm On Dec 28, 2007
@All

Zenith Securities' website is messing up timely buys by its clients angry angry angry angry.

It's really so messed up at the moment,all in the name of upgrading

I'm frustrated and so vexed right now.Hope at least they brokered today's order I sent via E-mail undecided undecided
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 10:45pm On Dec 28, 2007
bigjay01:

@Naijadr

I have installed Aptistock, however, I am having difficulty feeding data to it. Talk me through this please

Thanks

Thanks, pls let me have the data from aug, most kindly appreciated, my email is docwealth at gmail.com
In regards to Aptistock, it can get tricky, my data was in excel format so I had to convert it to ASCII (text).
Click on Tools, then data downloader, select import and then at the top click on browser then select your text file, and then click on import.
Let me know if that one works for you
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 11:10pm On Dec 28, 2007
Naijadr:

Thanks, please let me have the data from aug, most kindly appreciated, my email is docwealth at gmail.com
In regards to Aptistock, it can get tricky, my data was in excel format so I had to convert it to ASCII (text).
Click on Tools, then data downloader, select import and then at the top click on browser then select your text file, and then click on import.
Let me know if that one works for you

Sent

I can't find the tool menu on Aptistock. I am running Version 1.10

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.