Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,789 members, 7,875,963 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:34 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (821914 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 12:22pm On Jan 16, 2008
RoughCut:

Are you talking about Angola or Romania and Bulgaria? Bulgaria and Romania are EU members and Angola is in Africa.

don't i sound dumb, I should've known better. one of those momnets when your fingers and your brains are not on the same page or wavelength
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by richieade(m): 12:28pm On Jan 16, 2008
Point taken about the stage of development of these countries, but the safety of ur investment in Romania and MAFIA controlled Bulgaria is iffy to say the least. Even the EU made a formal complain to the government of Bulgaria about organized crime. Whereas in
CZ the rule of law is more establish and more difficult to get away with swindling eager foreign invests. There are still a lot of investment possibilities in CZ.
As per tourism, thank God those binge drinking British stag night group are now moving further east to the Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia!!!

RoughCut:

Czech and Slovak republic real estate is more developed than in Romaina and Bulgaria remember that the Czech republic joined EU before these countries and already has been a favourite tourist destination for western europeans so its more likely the market has saturated now and probably not much room for growth bit like buying properties in spain you will probably be buying on the high-side even though it is still the number tourist destination for brits in Europe

Bulgaria and Romania present 'emerging' opportunities because they are just being recognized as tourist destinations and a lot of multinationals keen to establish their presence in Romaina and Bulgaria especially are relocating their workers and this is fuelling demand for city-center apartments in Bucharest and Sofia.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 12:34pm On Jan 16, 2008
wat r the updates for today
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 12:40pm On Jan 16, 2008
shigidi:

good point my man.
also, what makes you think wema is going to run off when its ts is lifted, i think there are more vibrant stocks , by the way did you get costain po?

I had to buy Costain on the floor although there's no risk of monies being at least no rumours of over-subscription yetso i'm seriously sharpening my claws for that one!  Q3 results due anytime now hopefully in line with with expectation and TS is going to be lifted anytime from now so i can ride on that jet as well and eject before the additional shares are listed and see what happens for H2 in March/April

As per WEMA its one of the cheapest banking stocks out there but not sure what they are going to come up with for the share reconstruction. At least they will make sure the stock rides before going on TS for the PO and don't forget they promised to do the PO before the first quarter of this year and also they must delight us with magical Q3 results at least.

When i say cheapest i meant in terms of Price-Earning multiples which is we refer to as  P/E ratio on this forum

Historically as someone pointed out nigerian banks tend to make more money in the last 2 quarters especially Q3 abi no be so?

Just not enough time to ride on all these flying jets grin  grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 12:43pm On Jan 16, 2008
richieade:

Point taken about the stage of development of these countries, but the safety of your investment in Romania and MAFIA controlled Bulgaria is iffy to say the least. Even the EU made a formal complain to the government of Bulgaria about organized crime. Whereas in
CZ the rule of law is more establish and more difficult to get away with swindling eager foreign invests. There are still a lot of investment possibilities in CZ.
As per tourism, thank God those binge drinking British stag night group are now moving further east to the Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia!!!

Point taken but dont forget one of the conditions for ascension into the EU for BUlgaria was to sort out the 'mafia' issue. There are even more mafia issues in Russia than in Bulgaria but would you say you wont invest in Rusia if you saw an opening? Infact Russia is red-hot its just that its not my cup of tea at the moment
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 12:51pm On Jan 16, 2008
Insurance companies continue to ride high.Will they ever come down again?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by koksieboy(m): 12:54pm On Jan 16, 2008
Fatherof 2,

I need some enlightenment about the CICO (circle in/out) theory. Is it profitable to circle out of a fundamentally good stock if the price does not fall below your original buy price after selling for you to re-enter? For instance, none of my Insurance stocks (Mbenefit, Crusader & LawUnion) has fallen below my buy price since the recent rise in the sector. My thought is that, by so doing, you make your stockbroker richer (buy/sell commission) rather than yourself. Please clarify. Thanks in advance.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 1:02pm On Jan 16, 2008
price list for today

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Iwerebor(m): 1:08pm On Jan 16, 2008
Surely there is something to be said about skyebank
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 1:12pm On Jan 16, 2008
@bigjay

what u attached is yesterday's price.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 1:13pm On Jan 16, 2008
blueband:

Insurance companies continue to ride high.Will they ever come down again?

Yeah,

NEM is now 4.06 from 3.87
Guines is now 3.81 from 3.68
Equity Ass. 3.21 from 3.06

Not with wapic plc though, it lost 30k, ouch!!! licking my wound

Nice one today.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 1:14pm On Jan 16, 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:17pm On Jan 16, 2008
Iwerebor:

Surely there is something to be said about skyebank

not anymore the stock is on TS lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 1:19pm On Jan 16, 2008
MyPeace:

@bigjay

what u attached is yesterday's price.

na lie oooo, check zenithsecurities / trw stockbrokers websites. Unles both of them are wrong
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 1:22pm On Jan 16, 2008
Hello gurus,

I have about 70k units of Wema and i have made some 34% on it. Should i sell now or wait for the so-called share reconstruction coming up?
I need ur advice, una biko!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kevyngbash(m): 1:33pm On Jan 16, 2008
Guys, make we meet for MIAMI na grin lloma I dey Luanda too. holla me at cojese at yahoo dot com

If you are a Nigerian coming to angola for the first time, you are definetly going to see opportunities everywhere, that is if you have some ´business mind´

You all know how they treat Nigerian even in africa, Even Liberia the other day started giving Nigerians headache. Other african nations think that Nigerians are ´´too pushy´ so by default, they treat you with lots of apathy and distrust.
I have seen Nigerian in Luanda who have been here even during the war. They have survived and the ones I saw are making it.For me, Roughcut got it right: you can invest through a third party (ibo men grin grin. I am ibo too oo)

I work in the telecoms sector in angola. Competition is not encouraged here.
Angola made her first GSM call in 2001 but till today there is only 1 GSM network (with vast interest of the president´s daughter)
Their service offering is nothing close to what you get from other network elsewhere. Minimum recharge is close to 1.5K.

Well, sha, motor kill, motor carry.all die na die. The name of the game na risk.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 1:37pm On Jan 16, 2008
bigjay01:

na lie oooo, check zenithsecurities / trw stockbrokers websites. Unles both of them are wrong

go here for the real today's price. compare it with ur attachment.
http://www.cashcraft.com/pricelistprintorder.asp
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:39pm On Jan 16, 2008
4wheel:

Hello gurus,

I have about 70k units of Wema and i have made some 34% on it. Should i sell now or wait for the so-called share reconstruction coming up?
I need your advice, una biko!

I think it will be a bit difficult to shift that lot while on TS unless they release impressive Q3 results but they definitely wont do that while its on TS so i would wait for the results and better still lifting of TS.

Like you said you don't know what they are going to come up with. They have 10B shares outstanding already and they are shopping for N150B so if they do a reverse split of 2 for 1 that means they cancel half of their outstanding shares and to maintain the same share capital the price of the stock will have to be adjusted to double the price as it is nowdon't see WEMA selling for N30 though

These are conjectures and permutations as they have proved in the past they are master tacticians so i would wait

[list]
For Q3 Results
[/list]

And/Or

[list]
TS to be lifted
[/list]

If they do this at the same time even the better so hold fire for now!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:42pm On Jan 16, 2008
kevyngbash:

Guys, make we meet for MIAMI na grin lloma I dey Luanda too. holla me at cojese at yahoo dot com

If you are a Nigerian coming to angola for the first time, you are definetly going to see opportunities everywhere, that is if you have some ´business mind´

You all know how they treat Nigerian even in africa, Even Liberia the other day started giving Nigerians headache. Other african nations think that Nigerians are ´´too pushy´ so by default, they treat you with lots of apathy and distrust.
I have seen Nigerian in Luanda who have been here even during the war. They have survived and the ones I saw are making it.For me, Roughcut got it right: you can invest through a third party (ibo men grin grin. I am ibo too oo)

I work in the telecoms sector in angola. Competition is not encouraged here.
Angola made her first GSM call in 2001 but till today there is only 1 GSM network (with vast interest of the president´s daughter)
Their service offering is nothing close to what you get from other network elsewhere. Minimum recharge is close to 1.5K.

Well, sha, motor kill, motor carry.all die na die. The name of the game na risk.

To buttress the point you made i think Telecomms is one of the areas listed as the exclusive preserve of the government which by extension means the president and his family so foreign investment will not necessarily be encouraged in that sector!

As dey talk am for my village he no matter whether the man see snake and the woman come kill am as long as the snake don die chikena!shout out to jehoshaphat
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by richieade(m): 1:54pm On Jan 16, 2008
RoughCut link=topic=31554.msg#msg date=:

Point taken but don't forget one of the conditions for ascension into the EU for BUlgaria was to sort out the 'mafia' issue. There are even more mafia issues in Russia than in Bulgaria but would you say you wont invest in Rusia if you saw an opening? Infact Russia is red-hot its just that its not my cup of tea at the moment

Russia ke? Lai lai! Even the oyinbos are afraid to go there and the people that are there are pulling out, do u remember what they did to BP(british petroleum)? They were basically forced to sell the majority stake of their investment in drilling for gas to Gazprom.
If they can do this to a multi billion pounds company, can u imagine what they can do to small investors?
The corruption in that country is on a par with Naija.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kauskey(m): 1:56pm On Jan 16, 2008
NSE BID/OFFER Positon of selected stocks at close of trading on 16 January 2008

Demand                                     Supply
INTBREW 13.06m                   FIRSTINLND    6.06m
AIICO 22.69m                        AFRIBANK      12.32m
ECOBANK 27.28m                  WEMABANK    30.68m
PLATINUM 50.12m            
ZENITHBANK 14.65m            
FIDELITYBK 21.66m          
NEM 0.551m          
CONTINSURE 8.75m            
CRUSADER 0.264m            
DEAPCAP 27.59m            
EQUITYASUR 84.62m            
LASACO 9.68m            
COSTAIN 3.10m            
BIGTREAT 5.86m            
LIVESTOCK 17.64m            
UNTL 3.11m
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ola007(m): 1:59pm On Jan 16, 2008
richieade:

Russia ke? Lai lai! Even the oyinbos are afraid to go there and the people that are there are pulling out, do u remember what they did to BP(british petroleum)? They were basically forced to sell the majority stake of their investment in drilling for gas to Gazprom.
If they can do this to a multi billion pounds company, can u imagine what they can do to small investors?
The corruption in that country is on a par with Naija.

Russia and Bulgaria ke? I fear those countries o.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:05pm On Jan 16, 2008
Ola007:

Russia and Bulgaria ke? I fear those countries o.

The problem is you have to be there to dispel all these things you hear. I have been in real estate in Bulgaria since '05 and i can tell in you in all honesty i cannot complain at all.  cool cool cool cool cool

You just need  reliable and reputable agents who know how to plough their way through the bureaucratic and domestic conundrum

Russia: i have not been there and i don't desire to go there like i said not my cup of tea so can't say much!

Dont forget it is the same Gazprom that is trying to muscle in on the nigerian oil and gas industry so it goes both ways!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 2:07pm On Jan 16, 2008
RoughCut:

I think it will be a bit difficult to shift that lot while on TS unless they release impressive Q3 results but they definitely wont do that while its on TS so i would wait for the results and better still lifting of TS.

Like you said you don't know what they are going to come up with. They have 10B shares outstanding already and they are shopping for N150B so if they do a reverse split of 2 for 1 that means they cancel half of their outstanding shares and to maintain the same share capital the price of the stock will have to be adjusted to double the price as it is nowdon't see WEMA selling for N30 though

These are conjectures and permutations as they have proved in the past they are master tacticians so i would wait

[list]
For Q3 Results
[/list]

And/Or

[list]
TS to be lifted
[/list]

If they do this at the same time even the better so hold fire for now!

Thanks man, I was at a crossroad at some point and wondered what was going to happen. The TS slapped me by surprised before I cld say jack, but then it was too late to shed.

Thanks again.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:11pm On Jan 16, 2008
4wheel:

Thanks man, I was at a crossroad at some point and wondered what was going to happen. The TS slapped me by surprised before I cld say jack, but then it was too late to shed.

Thanks again.

No worries. I had ~150K units but i was ale to shed the weight down to 25K before they slapped the TS on us. If you had been following the trend of what was happening to WEMA about a month before going on TS or if you had been on nairalandi havent started learning TA then you would have known something was up

Anyway nothing spoil!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 2:19pm On Jan 16, 2008
kauskey:

NSE BID/OFFER Positon of selected stocks at close of trading on 16 January 2008

Demand Supply
INTBREW 13.06m FIRSTINLND 6.06m
AIICO 22.69m AFRIBANK 12.32m
ECOBANK 27.28m WEMABANK 30.68m
PLATINUM 50.12m
ZENITHBANK 14.65m
FIDELITYBK 21.66m
NEM 0.551m
CONTINSURE 8.75m
CRUSADER 0.264m
DEAPCAP 27.59m
EQUITYASUR 84.62m
LASACO 9.68m
COSTAIN 3.10m
BIGTREAT 5.86m
LIVESTOCK 17.64m
UNTL 3.11m

Bros, thanks for this info, but pardon me to ask for the source. Cos PHB just went from 36M bid yesterday to 50M bid. i think am going to enjoy this one.
Father of 2 were art thou, kiss
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by question(m): 2:20pm On Jan 16, 2008
Hey guys,
Anybody using FutureView stockbrokers in port harcourt?
Whats their services like?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:25pm On Jan 16, 2008
kpineo:

Bros, thanks for this info, but pardon me to ask for the source. Cos PHB just went from 36M bid yesterday to 50M bid. i think am going to enjoy this one.
Father of 2 were art thou, kiss

Yes you dey correct. Which one be your seat number on the jet abi you dey business/first class. Well he no matter as long as i dey on board and no turbulencegrin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by koksieboy(m): 2:28pm On Jan 16, 2008
RoughCut:

Yes you dey correct. Which one be your seat number on the jet abi you dey business/first class. Well he no matter as long as i dey on board and no turbulencegrin grin grin grin grin

Did u notice me waving some seats away from you on same jet? grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Talktrue(m): 2:33pm On Jan 16, 2008
@all

Can anyone help with my intermember transfer to Zenith securities
I initiated the tranfer 8wks ago but till now nothing, I check my CSCS daily and nothing has been credited to it.
I got my former broker to sign the tranfer form, I wonder whats keeping it.
I have missed out on quite a lot of opportunities.
I'm bone tired of waiting, I call them, write them and all they do is promise to do something about it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ola007(m): 2:35pm On Jan 16, 2008
RoughCut:

The problem is you have to be there to dispel all these things you hear. I have been in real estate in Bulgaria since '05 and i can tell in you in all honesty i cannot complain at all. cool cool cool cool cool

You just need reliable and reputable agents who know how to plough their way through the bureaucratic and domestic conundrum

Russia: i have not been there and i don't desire to go there like i said not my cup of tea so can't say much!

Dont forget it is the same Gazprom that is trying to muscle in on the nigerian oil and gas industry so it goes both ways!

True, I have also seem worst things happen in Spain on TV here.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:35pm On Jan 16, 2008
koksieboy:

Did u notice me waving some seats away from you on same jet? grin

We will need to do a headcount of all n'landers on the flight start identifying yourselves if you are on the flight i know pumping777, ololufemi and FO2 are all accounted for anyone i have missed out grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.