Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,162 members, 7,916,401 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 10:32 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (828974 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 2:42pm On Jan 17, 2008
Anybody watching PZ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by alliednetw(m): 2:43pm On Jan 17, 2008
This is the practice here bros.I bought Guinea Insurance PP for 1.20 when it was officially 65k.Hasnt it gone to 4naira?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NemekGee: 2:46pm On Jan 17, 2008
@wanajo, Aktopgun, Fatherof2

please what is ur take on Diamond bank. I am thinking of buying it for the short run. When do u think it will begin to have its bull run and when will it end?

meanwhile, Thanks to you guys for been of great help to the naira land investors. No worry we Na God Go dey bless una.

@AktopGun, Tobechukwu will be your testimony. AMEN

waiting to hear from you guys.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bivins1(m): 2:47pm On Jan 17, 2008
@aktopgun
who you wan report give for nigeria na? we should know better.thses are some of the things we need to clean up. the truth is a lot of people will buy at the price which puts you a a disadvantage. if everybody say they are not buying good but if 98 buy and 2 dont buy, who loses?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 2:53pm On Jan 17, 2008
damoche07:

P kease can someone please answer these my questions.

1) Why has Big Treat(a bread and confectioneries coy) flew from 2.50k at listing about 1month ago and is currently trading for 10.01?Someone should be arrested.

2) Who are the people that traded 102million units of transcorp today? Is something creeping up?

3) When will Union diagnostics list their shares? Cashcraft siad October.Did they mean October 2008?

4) First has released certificates. Will it pay for its sins?

Up to the gurus please.

Well, they are jerking the price up. Only 4 deals and 15k units traded. When it reaches the exit point of the major players watch as they will dump the shares. Ask yourself, a share that was just listed who are those trading? Are tehy trading certificates or are the shares already in CSCS? Well, that's the mago mago of the NSE. I don't even bother to look as such stocks.

Nothing happening yet on Transcorp though there are rumours of exciting news. For those that bought the IPO, they are in for a LONG wait.

Not sure when listing will be done. But always add at least an extra 6 months to whatever is in the prospectus. Consolidated Hallmark was for listing in September 2007 and we are still waiting.

First Bank is strong to weather the storm if it take a dip, buy more because when Q1 2008 results comes out, it will be mind blowing.

upward:

Anybody watching PZ?

Nothing fascinating about PZ. Not impressed in the intermim result. Growth is just marginal.

alliednetw:

This is the practice here bros.I bought Guinea Insurance PP for 1.20 when it was officially 65k.Hasnt it gone to 4naira?

You bought Guinea Insurance after the CLOSURE of the PP. When the offer was opened, they were begging people to BUY.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by damoche07(m): 2:56pm On Jan 17, 2008
@Thanks Egbon
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 2:58pm On Jan 17, 2008
On the MTN PP, I just got a document from one of the issuing houses inviting me to participate in a fund that will be invested in the MTN PP. Does anyone know how I can get my hands on the original PP document? The projections and historical results are looking really good.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollarmani: 3:02pm On Jan 17, 2008
NIgerianSecurities have put back there technical analysis tool.

http://www.nigeriansecurities.com/nstadlx.php

I have compared some indicators with the bloombergs plots of some local stocks and values  match.

i was considering doing a certification on the excel sheet and the almost impossible Aptistock which in my opinion is not designed for mere mortals like me.

Thanks Bigjayi and others anyway for trying at least to help us make sense of Aptistock
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by walcolm(m): 3:03pm On Jan 17, 2008
alliednetw:

like wanajo pointed out, you bought at 1.20 because you wanted to buy at all cost, after the official close of the PP. that is a situation u caused for yourself!!!

i'm talking of a situation where an offer is officially open and some people are colluding to create artificial scarcity just to short-change investors!!! even if the price eventually goes up ten fold after listing, that still does not justify the dishonest practise of unwarranted mark ups.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 3:06pm On Jan 17, 2008
wanaj0:

Nothing fascinating about PZ. Not impressed in the intermim result. Growth is just marginal.

Yeah, Oga wanajo, growth is not very fantastic, but it has lost almost 9% in 3 straight days and for short-term traders this may just be an opportunity to cash in and make "marginal" profit. also considering the interim result, not so bad afterall.

@Fatherof2 what do you have to say?  I noticed you also mentioned the drop of PZ in one of your previous posts.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 3:13pm On Jan 17, 2008
Abeg gurus,

I have N550k to buy stuff and am considering a choice between Dunlop and First Bank. Which one would be advisable to gun for? I heard the rumour of big surprise from First Bank and surprise jolt from Dunlop, and I get confused.

What are your views and reasons?
Thanks plenti.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:16pm On Jan 17, 2008
windywendy:

On the MTN PP, I just got a document from one of the issuing houses inviting me to participate in a fund that will be invested in the MTN PP. Does anyone know how I can get my hands on the original PP document? The projections and historical results are looking really good.

I think the PP was done and completed n November/December. The price was about $25/share.

The one I got from my broker did not show a profit forecast. Very scanty in terms of figures. Just story.

Things to take note is the growth is reducing. Tax holiday is over. MTN has started paying dividend. Trailing PE @ $25/share is about 9.00. You will be locked in for almost 3 years. Nothing in the prospectus that I got from my brokers shows or indicates the price at which they are offering 1 MTN share.

Not a bad gamble but prefer CHAMS!!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 3:19pm On Jan 17, 2008
Wanaj0,just wondering do you if the final allotments for international breweries IPO and Japaul PO are out yet.
Access is returning monies for unallotted shares with 5% interest.

Well,we'll continue to wait for union diagnostic to be listed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:19pm On Jan 17, 2008
upward:

@Fatherof2 what do you have to say?  I noticed you also mentioned the drop of PZ in one of your previous posts.

My dear brother me na trader,when stock don cheap i attack am,fashy tori.
Na today slow result start.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cmi(m): 3:26pm On Jan 17, 2008
@Wanajo - I thought MTN PP was set at a minimum of $5M or N600+M.  Have they moved the post closer so the masses can chop-with?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 3:27pm On Jan 17, 2008
FatherOF2:

U bi real funny guy. Happy hunting.

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:29pm On Jan 17, 2008
rasputinn:

Wanaj0,just wondering do you if the final allotments for international breweries IPO and Japaul PO are out yet.
Access is returning monies for unallotted shares with 5% interest.

Well,we'll continue to wait for union diagnostic to be listed

Don't have any info on Japaul and International Breweries. None is on my radar screen

cmi:

@Wanajo - I thought MTN PP was set at a minimum of $5M or N600+M.  Have they moved the post closer so the masses can chop-with?

$5m for individuals and $10m for financial institutions. Offer completed I think in December 2008.

The financial institutions are now turning their investment to a 'quasi' close ended fund that invests ONLY in MTN. So it is a backdoor way to invest in MTN.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:30pm On Jan 17, 2008
If PHB does another 5% tomorrow it will be on the home run and hopefully it will be a direct hit  on Monday and UNIC is within striking distance of  the entry or is it re-entry? point.  When the PHB jet decelerates  for mid-air refuelling  before Q3 results due in March/April then it should be good to rejoin the  flight and ride all the way till the Q3 results are released hopefully the additional shares listed will not slow down the jet too much!

Monday next week is looking very interesting indeed!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by igetwicked: 3:31pm On Jan 17, 2008
Does anyone know if Access Bank has started returning money?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:32pm On Jan 17, 2008
MyPeace:

Thank you FO2, l'm waiting for you.

I expect further increase for Lasaco tomorrow,my plan was for this week alone.
I would have made clear 25% by tomorrow with an increase.That will be a second chopping in 3weeks.
I strictly follow my plan.Lasaco may not escape beyond Monday or Tuesday at best (sentiment included) with this pace.
It will stabilise as i expect soon.
I believe you bought at around N3.58 or so (if i'm not mistaken),you should be at 25% today i guess.
Take out whatever profit you have made and wait for another stock to invade,so you don't see your money MELT AWAY twice.
It may not fall to your buy price again though except a sudden Bear comes out of the Jungle.
Don't expect that anyway (NO ONE IS CLEARING THE BUSH RIGHT NOW).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 3:34pm On Jan 17, 2008
wanaj0:

I think the PP was done and completed n November/December. The price was about $25/share.

The one I got from my broker did not show a profit forecast. Very scanty in terms of figures. Just story.

Things to take note is the growth is reducing. Tax holiday is over. MTN has started paying dividend. Trailing PE @ $25/share is about 9.00. You will be locked in for almost 3 years. Nothing in the prospectus that I got from my brokers shows or indicates the price at which they are offering 1 MTN share.

How many private placements did they have. The one I heard was at $10,000 for a unit and minimum was $100k, it just closed last week from whatI heard.

@windywendy which brokers are setting the fund up.

3 years is a very long time on NSE unless a return of 500% minimum is guaranteed, abi.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 3:34pm On Jan 17, 2008
FatherOF2:

Hmmmm, you have a point there, I hope you have taken your seat-o. However I notice that Unilever gained today, so for all who waited for you to mention it first which you did this morning they may be chasing a moving train.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:39pm On Jan 17, 2008
RoughCut:

If PHB does another 5% tomorrow it will be on the home run and hopefully it will be a direct hit  on Monday and UNIC is within striking distance of  the entry or is it re-entry? point.  When the PHB jet decelerates  for mid-air refuelling  before Q3 results due in March/April then it should be good to rejoin the  flight and ride all the way till the Q3 results are released hopefully the additional shares listed will not slow down the jet too much!

Monday next week is looking very interesting indeed!

Yeah man, i still dey the JET oh well well. Did you see the HIGH/LOW====SAME PRICE. Amazing jet.
I just tighten my belt well well, i come even spread my leg for one empty seat next to me.Na passenger wen fear to enter the jet be get the seat.
But air hostess say make i sitdown straight.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tufe(m): 3:40pm On Jan 17, 2008
whats up with Afribank??

they seem to be loosing
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:46pm On Jan 17, 2008
dollyp1cute:

How many private placements did they have. The one I heard was at $10,000 for a unit and minimum was $100k, it just closed last week from whatI heard.

@windywendy which brokers are setting the fund up.

3 years is a very long time on NSE unless a return of 500% minimum is guaranteed, abi.

That $10,000 for a unit is the fund!!! MTN share is not priced @ $10,000 per share.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 3:46pm On Jan 17, 2008
Fo2 thx alot.

l will contact my broker now, don't want my few spreadsheet cent disappear again.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adeyinkat: 3:47pm On Jan 17, 2008
CICO  strategy coming good big time! Thanks FO2 et al. Ololufemi, where hath thou?

@Aktopgun,

It's well with Tobechukwu, the life of God is at work in him, in Jesus name.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 3:49pm On Jan 17, 2008
FatherOF2:

Yeah man, i still dey the JET oh well well. Did you see the HIGH/LOW====SAME PRICE. Amazing jet.
I just tighten my belt well well, i come even spread my leg for one empty seat next to me.Na passenger when fear to enter the jet be get the seat.

Oga Baba ibeji, you're becoming very liberal with releasing stuff here. That's great. I thought I was the only one noticing the AMAZING SAME-HIGH/LOW PRICE. That's speaks volumes of the momentum. i hail-o, please, you can send me a mail at    teekachi (at) yahoo.com   there's something i want to share with you. waiting,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:49pm On Jan 17, 2008
FatherOF2:

I just tighten my belt well well, i come even spread my leg for one empty seat next to me.Na passenger when fear to enter the jet be get the seat.

You sure say empty seat dey for inside this jet? When the jet don make re-entry   dat one na the signal  for those wey enter the train to begin do their business i go don comot for jet that time sha dey ready for the Q3 results. That would be the time to refuel the jet again for another mach-2 flight grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:50pm On Jan 17, 2008
tufe:

whats up with Afribank??

they seem to be loosing

Are they off TS, i never check am.Make e still fall if na true oh.That one go soon good again oh.
make i go check am.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 3:52pm On Jan 17, 2008
tufe:

whats up with Afribank??

they seem to be loosing

Afribank will surely loose some steams.The stock is not suppose to be around #30 plus.

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 3:53pm On Jan 17, 2008
Abeg una gurus again,

I have N550k to buy stuff and am considering a choice between Dunlop and First Bank. Which one would be advisable to gun for? I heard the rumour of big surprise from First Bank and surprise jolt from Dunlop, and I get confused.

What are your views and reasons? I beg na o.
Thanks plenti.

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.