Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,947 members, 7,879,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:32 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (349) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (822611 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 3:53pm On Jan 18, 2008
Yeah, I get trade alerts around 4 -5 pm from cscs every day I trade.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 4:03pm On Jan 18, 2008
Does anybody know what is pushing UAC Properties for three days running? Are we sure a fat payoff is not around the corner? Plus, year end is gone.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 4:04pm On Jan 18, 2008
do you have to register to get the alert?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:06pm On Jan 18, 2008
@mypeace

my broker registered for the alerts for me and i get them even though i'm not in naija
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 4:08pm On Jan 18, 2008
SKYE IPO is not looking BAD. Worth considering.  SAY YES

BTW, they have the best advert.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:10pm On Jan 18, 2008
Investor Update

We write to inform all investors in the NAHCo Public offer that the allotment results for NAHCo Offer wll be published on Monday in The Guardian, www.proshareng.com and on the company's website.

Kindly watch out for the information.

OTHER ALERT:
New Post on the website with full reports on www.proshareng.com/blog :

1. Nigerian Banking Report by Afrinvest
2. ETI Equity Report by Lead Capital
3. Skye Bank Offer information(s)

We will be publishing our analyst report on First Inland Bank Plc next week while that of Skye bank will be released a week after.

We are working on a number of reports, enquiries and investigations and would like your input into some of them namely:
1. The situation with Spring Bank Plc;
2. The Status of Abplast Plc;
3. The Private Placement status of Globe Re, IGI and MTN;
4. The impact of the December 31 reporting date for banks;
5. The developments at AP and its over-the-top price movement;
6. The growing concerns with Registrars further to the comments made by the DG, NSE; and
7. The status of those who took loans for the FBN offer - what next?

We will be happy to receive your contributions by return mail.

Have a blessed weekend

'Olufemi AWOYEMI
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:14pm On Jan 18, 2008
got the afore posted less than 10mins ago. hope the info helps the brothers on here involved in the offers mentioned
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 4:16pm On Jan 18, 2008
I just discovered that Nigerian securities site and trw brokers posted the wrong results for today. nigeriansecurities has corrected theirs, don't know for trw. so in case you have saved those and making calculations with them, pls refress the page and you'll see different figures
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Moves: 4:19pm On Jan 18, 2008
@ aktopgun; am new to the stock market thing and have started reading from pages one whilsht trying to keep upto date with the new pages; Am looking for a good stockbroker that accept small funds, seems you are with TRW, been on the phone to them to open an account since last week, how good are they, are you able to access your portfolio online and how do you give your buy/sell mandates. Thanks in advance for your reply.

PS- Regarding ur Son, God is in Control
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Femtex(m): 4:26pm On Jan 18, 2008
upward:

I just discovered that Nigerian securities site and trw brokers posted the wrong results for today. nigeriansecurities has corrected theirs, don't know for trw. so in case you have saved those and making calculations with them, please refress the page and you'll see different figures

@ Upward,

Does that means the result posted by Cashcraft is correct and up to date.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ebony9ja(m): 4:27pm On Jan 18, 2008
Afribank is really looking 'yummy' now. I do hope it wont be scarce by Monday. At this rate, I doubt if the price can go below the PO's of N25. Have you guys started buying? I think  CICO experts have advised us to buy. Apart from the technical factor, the fact that it is dangerously close to N25 is enough incentive to buy big time.

Deap capital.
There is going to be a pre-agm by 23rd of this month. finally, I guess the much awaited bonus issue is on sight, It shoud be out end of this month if my intell. is right. 4M profit and and still counting!!! is it right to say I don hama!!!!!!!!  If the rumoured Public offer of N5 is true, this stock may touch N8 pre-result declaration.a tall order, lets watch, If you have Deap, pls hold on to it,

Happy investing!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 4:27pm On Jan 18, 2008
upward:

I just discovered that Nigerian securities site and trw brokers posted the wrong results for today. nigeriansecurities has corrected theirs, don't know for trw. so in case you have saved those and making calculations with them, please refress the page and you'll see different figures

i hope some of my holdings that were showing red,will now turn to green.
make i go check sharp sharp.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 4:28pm On Jan 18, 2008
wanaj0:

SKYE IPO is not looking BAD. Worth considering.  SAY YES

BTW, they have the best advert.

ahhh na waaa, best advert means massive oversubscription. As you don mention am sef nairalanders go descend on am
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by veeco: 4:29pm On Jan 18, 2008
Pls somebody tell me the latest info on International Brews last P.O? i m afraid i bought alot. Was the offer over subscribed? by what percent pls? Secondly what about Union Diagnostic P.P which was carrried by Cashcraft, when are they listing?

Thks 4 your kind reply smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by poke(m): 4:32pm On Jan 18, 2008
@ALL

PLS give me your fact on first aluminium for short term at current price
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 4:37pm On Jan 18, 2008
Please somebody answer me. Invisible, aktopgun, etc I have posted this before.
'Hi gurus

Please I need help here. wanted to enter Nem this week by my brokers has not been able to execute my order. Is it true that some stocks may not be available on the floor?

Also, should I still enter now that it has gone up to N4? Thank you'
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 4:41pm On Jan 18, 2008
anything SKYE for me,has to be on the floor.
no much diff.from the offer price except those going in to catch their right.

@Ebony9ja
longest time,hope you enjoyed your loot on DSR well well?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debojyde(m): 4:44pm On Jan 18, 2008
Does anybody have any information on the services of this stockbroking firms.

1)- First Alstate Securities Limited.

2)- Pivot Trust and Invesment Company.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 4:46pm On Jan 18, 2008
Femtex:

@ Upward,

Does that means the result posted by Cashcraft is correct and up to date.

Looks like they turned out to be the correct ones, because I had earlier posted here that theirs was wrong since it was not corresponsing with all others. But now others are correcting to theirs.

hbrednic:

i hope some of my holdings that were showing red,will now turn to green.
make i go check sharp sharp.

I pray so, because some of the ones in nigerian securities that were corrected were initially higher than the correct figures
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 4:49pm On Jan 18, 2008
@Faketan, if there is so much demand for a particular stock, the stock will not be available for purchase by stock brokers on the floor of the exchange. It will remain scarce and the price may be going up if it is not on a technical suspension untill it rises so much. Then it will be deemed to be 'too expensive', so brokers will start selling them and it will become very available on the floors.

Normal demand and supply at work there.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 4:51pm On Jan 18, 2008
invisible!:

@Faketan, if there is so much demand for a particular stock, the stock will not be available for purchase by stock brokers on the floor of the exchange. It will remain scarce and the price may be going up if it is not on a technical suspension untill it rises so much. Then it will be deemed to be 'too expensive', so brokers will start selling them and it will become very available on the floors.

Normal demand and supply at work there.
Thank you very much
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 5:01pm On Jan 18, 2008
but why most of them come make that mistake. lasaco actually closed at N4.63. Good!! smiley wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rire(m): 5:05pm On Jan 18, 2008
aktopgun:

@mypeace

my broker registered for the alerts for me and i get them even though i'm not in naija

@aktopgun
Does it mean one can get trade alerts on their mobile outside naija.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ebony9ja(m): 5:06pm On Jan 18, 2008
hbrednic:

anything SKYE for me,has to be on the floor.
no much diff.from the offer price except those going in to catch their right.

@Ebony9ja
longest time,hope you enjoyed your loot on DSR well well?

My brother, How u dey now? Yes oh. DSR was good for me. - eyes never open like this, Oversubcription no common then,  I don move out of DSR since,  Our markets dey too dynamic to 'siddon' for one stock,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by walcolm(m): 5:15pm On Jan 18, 2008
rire:

@aktopgun
Does it mean one can get trade alerts on their mobile outside naija.

so long as the number u give has d capability to receive sms
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by detruth: 5:17pm On Jan 18, 2008
Friend! Be careful of all these banks that keep coming back for more public offers. What have they done with the ones they collected few months ago. I take about likes of UBA, Zenith, FirstBanks. Watchout the banking subsector will soon fall for the insurance subsector. We can all see it on secondary market!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 5:21pm On Jan 18, 2008
detruth:

Friend! Be careful of all these banks that keep coming back for more public offers. What have they done with the ones they collected few months ago. I take about likes of UBA, Zenith, FirstBanks. Watchout the banking subsector will soon fall for the insurance subsector. We can all see it on secondary market!

Another Prophet of Doom. grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bivins1(m): 5:22pm On Jan 18, 2008
On  a serious note can we hope and pray all is well with Olufemi? I cant believe he has not posted anything since this week even if its just to hail baba ibeji . please let pray for him and make sure all is well with him. Father of 2 if you have his number or e mail could you try and get in touch so that we know what is happening. you know that is your 3rd son .
@aktopgun, how is Tobe doing? hope miracle jesus is doing his work .
this is what this forum is for. to help each other
thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 5:24pm On Jan 18, 2008
MyPeace:

grin grin anyone on this forum remember Primate Olabayo, Abiola must have died like 4 times at the hands of that guy. I guess while some see doom, some will be making money. Na so life be.

@ebony9ja
are you a staff of deacap or just a hustler
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rire(m): 5:25pm On Jan 18, 2008
walcolm:

so long as the number u give has d capability to receive sms
thanks man
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by detruth: 5:26pm On Jan 18, 2008
I believe that is the least you know. We have so many babies in the market nowadays. I have being involved in stock market in Nigeria since about6 years ago. In am wrong, then why is the house of rep placing a ban on banks coming for public offers. Have'nt yo read papers today?
MyPeace:

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 5:27pm On Jan 18, 2008
@all,

It seems the insurance sector does not want to cool down at all - what gives?

I mean I was expecting some level of profit taking today but nothing happened.

This PZ issue - There really isnt any upside to it.

It just keeps gyrating between 22-25 Naira -- That isnt any profit if you ask me!.

Or am I missing something.

Pumping did you eventually get on DEAP CAP, I am thinking of getting on now ooo.

I remember how I was saying C& I was too expensive at 8Naira --- I was obviously kidding myself.

I am not sure what is going on with First Aluminium, but It should dip except there is some sort of positive coporate action we do not know about?

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.