Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,152 members, 7,916,377 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 10:04 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (828955 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 11:08am On Jan 19, 2008
abdul_m1:

good day memeber of naira land

just found out about this forum a week ago and i appreciate your work .

i have a question please.
i bought zenith bank shares during their ipo and i have not registered or verified it yet, after they gave ouut bonuses i did not receive mine and i went to find out what was wrong and i was told that my shares have being sold since august but i still have my original share certificate i don't know what to do.

You have been scammed you need to contact the registrars to find out who came to collect a copy of your cert and report to the CSCS to find out who sold your shares.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by abdulm1(m): 11:18am On Jan 19, 2008
thanx dollyp1cute i will surely do dat.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 11:28am On Jan 19, 2008
samstone4:

@CrazyT

Don't think Big Treat minimum was 1 million units.
Certainly wasn't when I applied.
But you're right some money was returned.

Tantalizer should be a good one for longtermers but I'm unlikely to invest as the minimum of 5 million Naira is a bit much for me, with so many other action going on at the moment.

Hope you're not torturing your kids with investment lessons!

Samstone4 cool cool cool

Yes I am o! After all the majorities of my new acquired family (Nairalanders) supports my idea. My boys have both saved about 150 Euro approximately 26,000 Naira; we are still watching the right stock to buy.

I want something that will encourage them to go on and not Armed Robber   grin gain to borrow Wanaj0 slang

Do you have any suggestion?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 12:37pm On Jan 19, 2008
bigjay01:

na waaa ooo, small small

she de with Lambeth hosp.

I am in Maudsley.But I dey do locums for Lambeth sometimes.I will start asking all the females there(excluding the patients) if they know Bigjay01
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 12:50pm On Jan 19, 2008
nkc, hold ur gtb for two more months.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stanchuks(m): 1:00pm On Jan 19, 2008
shigidi:

nkc, hold your gtb for two more months.
My man how now?
what are your reasons to hold for 2months, i actually asked my broker to get me some on friday at 32.50 but it gained and rose to 33.66 on friday is it still ok to join the train now at the current price?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 1:19pm On Jan 19, 2008
blueband:

I am in Maudsley.But I dey do locums for Lambeth sometimes.I will start asking all the females there(excluding the patients) if they know Bigjay01

ok make i narrow am down small, ----> LK
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 2:29pm On Jan 19, 2008
@ Ty Ademolu

Looks like getting very difficult to get Chams.
I know many people with the problem of brokers not accepting applications.

I got my form from UBA Global Market but was told that they have been advised from the top not to take any more applications.
My brokers eventually submitted via Skye Bank. Doubt Skye still taking but may be worth a try.
Apparently the employees of Chams want to take up most of the shares, according to my UBA source. I am sceptical.

Don't panic, there are plenty more fishes in the ocean - as we used to say in boarding school, when the ladies were proving difficult.

@ NKC

The GTB stock is a disappointment. I was encouraged by one of their major shareholders in June to buy.
He seemed to know something. Even told me he would compensate me if it did not double in 3 months!
Would like to be able to claim from him but not worth holding my breath.

I still believe GTB is a steady good long term stock, like 1st Bank, but you may sell if there is anything likely to accelerate in the short term and you need the money for this.

I am holding on for now.

As for the 1st Bank CSCS e-credit, I was told sometime ago they will only be sending certificates, despite all the hassle about filling CSCS number on the form. I have written to 1st Registrars to confirm that the certificates are ready for collection.

@CrazyT

Not saying you should not teach your kids about investment. Just do it gently and interestingly.
I am basically a longtermer with the momentum streak.
For your kids, 1st bank cannot be wrong - longterm.

Happy hunting.

Samstone4 cool cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:01pm On Jan 19, 2008
eniyanman:

@pumping,
the consolidation ended in 2005, they wrote off the goodwill in 2007. their "fortunes" seems to have changed drastically within a short space of time and I cannot pin-point what this is attributable to, (could it be creative accounting)
my comments about mr smith is that being a small player without a niche, i would expect a chairman with extensive experience in either financial markets or business/organisational change. Basically someone who has been instrumental in bringing about change. I don't see this in him. I'm open to persuasion though undecided

Regarding Afribank, its price was N11.51 in July, suddenly, it jumped to N30 in August and remained there still PO. This is strange (looks like it was being artificially supported). Before I buy POs (of shares I have reservations about), I check what the price was 9-12 months before PO, if that price is above PO price, I will consider that stock. One must be careful about manipulation of share price just prior to PO.

Bank PHB and Japaul would have failed based on this system. You need to look at each company individually.

Practically all the companies manipulate prices upwards before a PO.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 4:53pm On Jan 19, 2008
@AKT, All Nairalanders

Looks like my information was wrong. Big Treat will be coming to market soon according to this recent newspaper report:

"Big Treat plans IPO
By Taofik Salako
Big Treat Plc may soon float an initial public offering (IPO) to further expand ownership base of the confectionery company and provide new equity funds for its expansion programme.
Big Treat recently listed its shares by way of introduction on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE). The entire paid up share capital of the company was admitted to the Daily Official List of the NSE at N2.85 per share. The listing followed the successful completion of the company's private placement, which was undertaken few months ago.
Demand for ordinary shares of Big Treat has been on the increase since listing, pushing the share price to N3.81 per share last Thursday.
Market sources said Big Treat might soon conclude arrangements for the IPO given the huge investors' interests in the company, its expansion programme and professional advice that favours equity funding.
Sterling Capital, which assisted Big Treat to streamline its operations, standardize its financial reporting system, restructure its capital base and secure all the necessary regulatory approvals that culminated in the listing of the company, was said to be guiding the company through the IPO process.
Mr Lance Musa Elakama, assistant director general, Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), confirmed the impending public offering by Big Treat assuring anxious market operators and investors that "the company is coming with public offer soon".
Pamela Wu, managing director and founder, Big Treat Plc, said that the company plans to expand its outlets to all the 36 states of the federation and in major cities in order to move quality food and drinks closer to the people.
She added that upon completion of the country-wide expansion programme, the company plans to expand to other West African countries especially Ghana where it had received strong expression of interest.
Big Treat recently commissioned its ultramodern baking factory at Ikosi, Ikeja, Lagos. The factory is equipped with state-of-the-art food processing equipment to ensure that its products meet the highest level of nutritional and health standards.
Wu said the bakery would soon be fully automated such that from mixing to packaging, no human hand will touch the bread to maintain highest level of health standards.
She said the company plans to replicate the factory in other major cities in Nigeria to enable it meet the fast growing demand for its products.
She assured investors that the directors and management of the company would work assiduously to continuously improve growth.
She said the listing reflected the company's confidence in the Nigerian economy noting that the company has reinvested earlier profits into the business to expand from a one-branch business to its current 21 branches.
She said that the company has achieved significant level of success since it was established 15 years ago and the listing was primarily to give opportunity to Nigerians to be co-owners of the business they have helped in building.
She said the company has contributed enormously to the Nigerian economy by maintaining almost 99 per cent local content in its recruitment policy as well as empowerment of indigenous entrepreneurs through franchising.
Mr, Biodun Dabiri, managing director, Sterling Capital, the issuing house and financial adviser to Big Treat, said Nigerian investors have already showed strong confidence in the board and management of Big Treat through its highly successful private placement.
He said that prospects of Big Treat and the clear vision of the founders gave Sterling Capital the impetus to guide the company through series of activities that eventually culminated in the listing of its shares.
Dabiri said the listing would address the problems of succession inherent in family businesses and provide opportunity for shareholders to enhance the value of their investment."

So prepare your cash folks!

Samstone4 cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 5:07pm On Jan 19, 2008
Bigjay01
I will get back to you when I find her.She does not work on Leo Ward,does she?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kevyngbash(m): 5:35pm On Jan 19, 2008
Abeg someone should send me the link to download CHAMS pp form. Waiting
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pamit(m): 5:54pm On Jan 19, 2008
I promised to send some info on MSc Scholarships for those interested. This is attached herewith. Sorry for sending this late.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tommyt(m): 6:07pm On Jan 19, 2008
pamit:

I promised to send some info on MSc Scholarships for those interested. This is attached herewith. Sorry for sending this late.

Good job man. Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 6:07pm On Jan 19, 2008
blueband:

Bigjay01
I will get back to you when I find her.She does not work on Leo Ward,does she?

u r not far off.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oasis2006: 6:40pm On Jan 19, 2008
easimoni,
Does the 1% charge on transaction include CSCS fee, VAT, brokerage fee etc
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 6:52pm On Jan 19, 2008
Nigerian Securities Technical Analyst Deluxe Has Just Been Released, Featuring Over THIRTY Technical Indicators FREE

http://www.nigeriansecurities.com/nstadlx.php
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 6:57pm On Jan 19, 2008
oasis2006:

easimoni,
Does the 1% charge on transaction include CSCS fee, VAT, brokerage fee etc

no how can, CSCS, VAT and SEC fees are standard, 1% is brokerage fee as opposed to the 1.5% that most brokerage places charge, so reduces the percent they need to gain profit.
Its for the money bags, portfolio prob needs to be at least N10mil, some places might give u face at N5mil
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 7:35pm On Jan 19, 2008
samstone and shigidi, thanks for replying my posts, pls i also bot oceanic po, i have not heard anything about the certificates, is it out, or are they still verifying thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 8:23pm On Jan 19, 2008
nkc:

samstone and shigidi, thanks for replying my posts, please i also bot oceanic po, i have not heard anything about the certificates, is it out, or are they still verifying thanks.

@nkc
My mother got bought oceanic bank p.o and got her share certificate about 2 months ago. Go to the registrars for your own.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NemekGee: 8:26pm On Jan 19, 2008
pamit:

@pamit
Thanks for the scholarship links. But, what are the requirements and is it easy to get. i mean the scholarships. Weldone man.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by poke(m): 9:00pm On Jan 19, 2008
CHEIIII
this saturday self nobody de house abi na AIRPHB landing them go prepare
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 9:41pm On Jan 19, 2008
@poke, are you saying bank PHB will decend next week, no let them hear am for your mouth ooo!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 9:45pm On Jan 19, 2008
eniyanman:
@Fo2,
how do you manage to keep your dealing costs low using your CICO strategy. I find dealing charges of ~5% too high to sustain serious profitability. I know se you get something wey you dey do.

Buy side, 1.83%
Sell side, 2.123%

Total, 3.953%
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oakinwumi: 9:52pm On Jan 19, 2008
Seun,

It's nice meeting you. Can you just educate me on tips for stock trading

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by osazeet(m): 9:58pm On Jan 19, 2008
@ ANY CURRENT MIND,
                          Can someone tell me if firstinland bank is a good buy or not, pls it should be backed with reasons. thanks for your concern.

Anybody have idea on sterling bank merging with Ecobank? is it still successful or not? when are they coming back into the market?

Is Wema coming back soon?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 10:02pm On Jan 19, 2008
@ FATHER OF 2. im thinking of selling my diamond to split between fcmb and gtb, do u think its a good idea. trying to maximise profits here grin pls holla back
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 11:31pm On Jan 19, 2008
@all
investors interested in entering WEMA bank for the medium/long term should be WARY. i hav been tracking this bank for the past 5 years. its major challenge has been management incompetency and unrest. rumor has it that the current CEO adebisi omoyeni coincidentally celebrating his 50th birthday today has been asked by the CBN to commence a compulsory leave as at friday. this is just another way of booting him out, an acting MD has been appointed. details of what led to this is unknown, but it is an established fact that the bank's directors have been visiting CBN and EFCC in recent times.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 11:43pm On Jan 19, 2008
shigidi:

@ FATHER OF 2. im thinking of selling my diamond to split between fcmb and gtb, do u think its a good idea. trying to maximise profits here grin please holla back

How much did you get your Diamond?.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 11:54pm On Jan 19, 2008
oakinwumi:

Seun,

It's nice meeting you. Can you just educate me on tips for stock trading

Thanks

read the previous pages
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 11:54pm On Jan 19, 2008
@Father of 2

I have 1.5m now and by Tuesday it will be with my broker in Nigeria, so on what 2 stocks can I shear the money? My expectation is about 50% in 6 months
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 12:03am On Jan 20, 2008
@fatherof 2
Baba grin grin grin, i wont mind ur help on this. i have funds to play with before march 30th and i hav vitafoam,c/i leasing , ikeja hotel on my radar and am targetting minimum 30%.do u tink these will fly? if not what will u recommend

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.