Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,973 members, 7,880,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:27 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (822627 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 12:09am On Jan 20, 2008
Wetin !!, all of una must to pay consultancy fee,

You fit pay by wire transfer, paypal, westen union,, even you fit send am via moneygram, and for quicker response you may add un-social hour premium, I am sure FatherOf2 no go vex,

No be true I talk,  grin grin, na joke o, wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 12:19am On Jan 20, 2008
@ Shigidi,

Its a bit tricky oh.I'm assuming you bought it low and you didn't get enough volume of the Diamond so you want to maximise the profit.
If the volume was much,you can take some out and get some FCMB while it descends.
Diamond's 6months is over due and the price has refused to peak.It needs to peak before you can sell.They're more likely to release 6months
before FCMB releases 9months.FCMB's 9 months ends this Jan. and they could announce it anytime till end of Feb.
I'd say just wait a little for Diamond to announce that 6months or if you can sell around N24 plus anytime next week,sell all (if you don't have too many units of it or you don't have external funds to inject into FCMB). and move into a cheaper FCMB. If you have enough Diamond volume,you can sell some and put into FCMB.Both of them may just release 9months about the same time.(say anytime in feb.).Its good to have your hands in both pots when they both announce.9months will still elevate/SUSTAIN Diamond later a little. You need to sustain this pattern from now till June, when we leave most banks and start facing some manufacturers.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 12:24am On Jan 20, 2008
@ FatherOF2

I guess you've answered my question in your responce to Shigidi. Thanks!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by osazeet(m): 12:30am On Jan 20, 2008
pls father of 2,
Can you tell me if firstinland bank is a good buy or not, please it should be backed with reasons. thanks for your concern.

Anybody have idea on sterling bank merging with Ecobank? is it still successful or not? when are they coming back into the market?

Is Wema coming back soon?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 12:34am On Jan 20, 2008
crazyT:

@Father of 2

I have 1.5m now and by Tuesday it will be with my broker in Nigeria, so on what 2 stocks can I shear the money? My expectation is about 50% in 6 months  

FCMB is looking juicier as it falls. Target it next week around this N19 axis and slightly below and wait for Q3.
GTB is another good one as the month is closing.Its at a good price.But wen you wan buy,no go buy the day everybody wan buy oh.
Look for a cheap day from Thursday.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 12:38am On Jan 20, 2008
Prince11:

Wetin !!, all of una must to pay consultancy fee,

You fit pay by wire transfer, paypal, westen union,, even you fit send am via moneygram, and for quicker response you may add un-social hour premium, I am sure FatherOf2 no go vex,

No be true I talk, grin grin, na joke o, wink

You forget to add " PAYMENT ONLY ACCEPTABE IN POUNDS".
I think na N280= 1POUND now, i go check black market.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 12:56am On Jan 20, 2008
iconbull:

@fatherof 2
Baba grin grin grin, i wont mind your help on this. i have funds to play with before march 30th and i hav vitafoam,c/i leasing , ikeja hotel on my radar and am targetting minimum 30%.do u think these will fly? if not what will u recommend

Ehhhh, vitafoam e be like you miss am on friday oh.Don't be surprised if it goes up on monday.Results are imminent oh.
That'll be a close one except you can get it at fridays closing price on monday.
I never do Ikeja Hotel yet.E no get real colleague for e catagory for me to compare am with.The stock too new.
C & I leasing, no expect to see last year price for that stock again oh.Its about to complete its year end.
Since you like 30%, N8 will be good to enter.But its going up small small now sha.But e must come back to 8 card again.
Before i forget, add UNILEVER to your basket too.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 1:13am On Jan 20, 2008
osazeet:

please father of 2,
Can you tell me if firstinland bank is a good buy or not, please it should be backed with reasons. thanks for your concern.

Anybody have idea on sterling bank merging with Ecobank? is it still successful or not? when are they coming back into the market?

Is Wema coming back soon?

I've never done First Inland Bank.
It doesn't enjoy goodwill as i see am oh.
I think its a PO. I no dey buy PO.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by osazeet(m): 1:26am On Jan 20, 2008
FatherOF2:

I've never done First Inland Bank.
It doesn't enjoy goodwill as i see am oh.
I think its a PO. I no dey buy PO.

i wanted to buy from the secondary, cico with that ur formula but i,m very skeptical now due to Afribank,s attitude. throw more light on this. thanks for your concern.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 1:51am On Jan 20, 2008
Does anyone know when the Ecobank/Sterling merger will be concluded?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 1:53am On Jan 20, 2008
osazeet:

i wanted to buy from the secondary, cico with that your formula but i,m very skeptical now due to Afribank,s attitude. throw more light on this. thanks for your concern.

Afribank was already expensive.Same with this First Inland.They all overbeat up their prices just for the offer.
PHB was a different case.The bank was at the year end.They gave a bonus and marked down. When a stock is marked down,its close to its low of lows for that financial year.You may never see it at that price ever again,that's one thing driving PHB now.It'll be cheap later but that'll be after we finish unboarding.
First Inland price is high for me.I just believe when TS is lifted it'll make itself available (beta than where it currently stands).
When we talk of Goodwill.Look around you as you move around the country.If someone asked you a spot question:
Name 10banks in Nigeria?. Your instincts will drive you to name the first 10 which give you a sense of PERCEIVED STRENGTH.
How do you perceive this strength.
1.Branch network,
2.Building design,
3.Staff dress code
4.Building maintenance
5.Banking Hall ambience
6.Na Rent them dey like former ALL STATES?.
etc.
Does First Inland fall favourably into these categories?
ANSWER== NO.(except No.6, i don see two office when them dey on rent and person dey sell home video for the upper floor).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by abocana: 2:10am On Jan 20, 2008
;d ;d ;d
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by elemu(m): 2:55am On Jan 20, 2008
FatherOF2:

Afribank was already expensive.Same with this First Inland.They all overbeat up their prices just for the offer.
PHB was a different case.The bank was at the year end.They gave a bonus and marked down. When a stock is marked down,its close to its low of lows for that financial year.You may never see it at that price ever again,that's one thing driving PHB now.It'll be cheap later but that'll be after we finish unboarding.
First Inland price is high for me.I just believe when TS is lifted it'll make itself available (beta than where it currently stands).
When we talk of Goodwill.Look around you as you move around the country.If someone asked you a spot question:
Name 10banks in Nigeria?. Your instincts will drive you to name the first 10 which give you a sense of PERCEIVED STRENGTH.
1.Branch network,
2.Building design,
3.Staff dress code
4.Building maintenance
5.Banking Hall ambience
etc.
ANSWER== NO.(except No.6, i don see two office when them dey on rent and person dey sell home video for the upper floor).

Father of 2
Na your Papa born You.!!! You no dey to much Bookuru , Just the street facts and that is the practical way people see am.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by osazeet(m): 3:09am On Jan 20, 2008
FatherOF2:

1.Branch network,
2.Building design,
3.Staff dress code
4.Building maintenance
5.Banking Hall ambience
etc.

Thank you sir for the lecture, i appreciate your effort in taking your time for me this night, i believe this is my turn to enjoy your class, before classrep ololufemi returns from where he is at present. sir, i wanted a good penny stock that will do well in no time, cos i,m a growing investor.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Guk: 7:01am On Jan 20, 2008
Omoyeni is still WEMA boss –CBN
By Ayo Olesin and Yemi Kolapo
Published: Saturday, 19 Jan 2008
The Central Bank of Nigeria has denied speculations that the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Wema Bank Plc, Mr. Adebisi Omoyeni, has been fired.

The Deputy Governor, Financial Sector Surveillance, Mr. Tunde Lemo, said that Omoyeni was neither sacked nor suspended as widely circulated.

The CBN chief, who spoke with our correspondent in Abuja, said that Omoyeni was only on routine leave.

”He is on routine leave and you can quote me. He remains a member of the bank‘s board. No one has asked him to go and I can confirm to you that the bank is healthy,” he said

He also denied that Omoyeni‘s leave was linked to the re-examination of the bank, which was scheduled to commence on Monday by CBN‘s inspectors.

Lemo explained that the bank‘s inspection was a routine matter and that the CBN regularly embarked on house inspections to complement its electronic financial surveillance system (e-fass).

According to him, the CBN insists on comprehensive supervision of banks to ensure the integrity of the banking system.

”In fact, we are getting to a stage where we will have resident inspectors in the big banks,” he added.

The CBN was being expected to make a formal statement on the speculation as at press time.

When contacted, the Head, Corporate Affairs, Wema Bank Plc, Mr. Tunde Olofintila, also denied allegations that his boss had been removed by the CBN.

In a text message to our correspondent, he said Omoyeni was only on an annual vacation.

”Don‘t forget that he has not been on vacation since he became the Group Managing Director in 2005,” he stated.

He, however, declined to pick his calls for further interrogation.

Omoyeni joined Wema Bank in March, 1987 as an assistant manager and has worked in various capacities since then.

He has been Assistant General Manager, Insurance, Pension and Registrar Services; General Manager (Administration); Executive Director, Resource management and Services; and Executive Director, Investment Banking and Public Sector.

He was also Executive Director, Retail Banking until October 4, 2005, when he proceeded on a leave of absence from the bank following his appointment as the Deputy Governor of Ekiti State.

He was appointed MD/CEO of the bank on December 7, 2007.

Wema Bank‘s profit after tax increased substantially from a loss of N6.6bn in 2006 to a profit of N2.5bn in 2007, representing an increase of 138 per cent.

According to the full year result of the bank for the period ended March 31, 2007, turnover increased from N14.83bn in 200 to N24.43bn in 2007.

While speaking at the bank‘s annual general meeting, held in Kano in December 2007, Omoyeni explained that the loss of N6.6bn in 2006, was exceptionally due to a high loan loss provision of N10.26bn.

Deposit liabilities of the bank also increased from N85.6bn to N125.48bn, translating to a seven-year record high growth rate of 47 per cent.

Gross earnings grew by 78.4 per cent, up from N14.8bn in 2006 to N24.63bn in 2007. This had hitherto grown at an average rate of 31.4 per cent yearly between 2001 and 2006.

The bank also disclosed at its last AGM that it would open its hybrid share offer to the public before February 2008, to raise N130bn

The MD said that the bank was going to the market to raise more funds in order to increase its capacity to deliver on its promises to all its stakeholders and customers.

The offer is expected to have a Global Depository Receipt of 40 per cent and a rights issue prospect while the bulk would be reserved for local subscription.

The GDR perspective, according to the MD, is to accommodate both local and foreign stake holding in the bank.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nimshi: 9:25am On Jan 20, 2008
loma (m) January 18, 2008, 05:51 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lucky at last! Got 250,000 units of Chams from Skye today!

Er, you sure, 250,000 units??
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Femtex(m): 9:45am On Jan 20, 2008
@ Father of 2

What do you think is the best entry price for unilever
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 11:35am On Jan 20, 2008
Femtex:

@ Father of 2

What do you think is the best entry price for unilever

This fridays closing price of N22 would have been a good price to enter,but don't panic to buy tomorrow.
People will act on impulse on Monday trades, just wait till we approach end of the week.And also note the month
is coming to an end gradually so the tail end of the week should present good price opportunities all things being equal.
We just have at least 8 weeks before Unilever may announce results.
Me thinks there is some N5-N6 to be made in that stock with that 9 months performance.
The stock do me well sometime in 04. Sold at N22 after i got it at N14.80 the previous year.
I dey look for another do me well.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 12:02pm On Jan 20, 2008
osazeet:

Thank you sir for the lecture, i appreciate your effort in taking your time for me this night, i believe this is my turn to enjoy your class, before classrep ololufemi returns from where he is at present. sir, i wanted a good penny stock that will do well in no time, because i,m a growing investor.

Me no be sir oh.Just say brother.
Na only office i dey accept sir.
On penny stocks, its not the penniness inside that matters,its the percentage appreciation that matters.
25% increase on wapco is N87.5 from N70.
25% increase on a N6 stock is N7.5.
You'll realise same N250,000 from an investment of N1,000,000 in any of them.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oxfordkid(m): 12:14pm On Jan 20, 2008
@baba of 2

good day!u no go church or na nite u dey for your end? grin grin grin can you elaborate the issue of CHAMS PP for me i beg !i no know how this PP THING dey work and how long do we have to wait to reap things?is it a short term or long term !i have done my research on the company and i can see hat it is on the high and flight PHB do you think i can still join in or should i wait ?and what about FCMB ,UBA ?OCEANIC look a bit juicy now isn't it,

sory i ask too many questions no forget say i still be a kid learning his trade with BABA AGBALAGBI WEY PASS AGBALAGBA
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oawele: 12:36pm On Jan 20, 2008
i hope it is not too late to say this but i know it is better said than never. HAPPY NEW YEAR.

@fatherof2
i dig your style. it is very practical and i have learnt alot for you.
i knew nothing before i entered this forum but now i know quite a lot (still learning sha).

thanks you every one.

one love.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kevyngbash(m): 12:45pm On Jan 20, 2008
Fof2,

blueband:

Does anyone know when the Ecobank/Sterling merger will be concluded?

Abeg I need your contact details (not ur house oooo grin grin)
especially phone number. my email addy is cojese at yahoo dot com
God bless u
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by voodooxchg(m): 1:35pm On Jan 20, 2008
Has anyone heard any news about the IPO of FTN Cocoa processors  I think it will look good at 3. Naija is the 5th largest xporter
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 1:38pm On Jan 20, 2008
@ father of 2,
thanks for the advice, however, I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT DIAMOND HAS INDEED RELEASED SIX MONTHS RESULT THREE MONTHS AGO, MAYBE YOU MISSED IT, CHECK ONLINE AND YOU WILL SEE, HOWEVER I WILL WAIT AND SEE WHAT HIS WEEK HAS IN STORE.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:09pm On Jan 20, 2008
samstone4:

@AKT, All Nairalanders

Looks like my information was wrong. Big Treat will be coming to market soon according to this recent newspaper report:

"Big Treat plans IPO
By Taofik Salako
Big Treat Plc may soon float an initial public offering (IPO) to further expand ownership base of the confectionery company and provide new equity funds for its expansion programme.
Big Treat recently listed its shares by way of introduction on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE). The entire paid up share capital of the company was admitted to the Daily Official List of the NSE at N2.85 per share. The listing followed the successful completion of the company's private placement, which was undertaken few months ago.
Demand for ordinary shares of Big Treat has been on the increase since listing, pushing the share price to N3.81 per share last Thursday.
Market sources said Big Treat might soon conclude arrangements for the IPO given the huge investors' interests in the company, its expansion programme and professional advice that favours equity funding.
Sterling Capital, which assisted Big Treat to streamline its operations, standardize its financial reporting system, restructure its capital base and secure all the necessary regulatory approvals that culminated in the listing of the company, was said to be guiding the company through the IPO process.
Mr Lance Musa Elakama, assistant director general, Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), confirmed the impending public offering by Big Treat assuring anxious market operators and investors that "the company is coming with public offer soon".       
Pamela Wu, managing director and founder, Big Treat Plc, said that the company plans to expand its outlets to all the 36 states of the federation and in major cities in order to move quality food and drinks closer to the people.
She added that upon completion of the country-wide expansion programme, the company plans to expand to other West African countries especially Ghana where it had received strong expression of interest.
Big Treat recently commissioned its ultramodern baking factory at Ikosi, Ikeja, Lagos. The factory is equipped with state-of-the-art food processing equipment to ensure that its products meet the highest level of nutritional and health standards.
Wu said the bakery would soon be fully automated such that from mixing to packaging, no human hand will touch the bread to maintain highest level of health standards.
She said the company plans to replicate the factory in other major cities in Nigeria to enable it meet the fast growing demand for its products.
She assured investors that the directors and management of the company would work assiduously to continuously improve growth.
She said the listing reflected the company's confidence in the Nigerian economy noting that the company has reinvested earlier profits into the business to expand from a one-branch business to its current 21 branches.
She said that the company has achieved significant level of success since it was established 15 years ago and the listing was primarily to give opportunity to Nigerians to be co-owners of the business they have helped in building.
She said the company has contributed enormously to the Nigerian economy by maintaining almost 99 per cent local content in its recruitment policy as well as empowerment of indigenous entrepreneurs through franchising.
Mr, Biodun Dabiri, managing director, Sterling Capital, the issuing house and financial adviser to Big Treat, said Nigerian investors have already showed strong confidence in the board and management of Big Treat through its highly successful private placement.
He said that prospects of Big Treat and the clear vision of the founders gave Sterling Capital the impetus to guide the company through series of activities that eventually culminated in the listing of its shares.
Dabiri said the listing would address the problems of succession inherent in family businesses and provide opportunity for shareholders to enhance the value of their investment."

So prepare your cash folks!

Samstone4 cool cool cool

big bros samstone, i hate to say i told u so but well here goes, I TOLD U SO! cheesy

It would have surprised me given the current climate and mindset of the NSE.

as for me and my house we are staying clear for now till i have more info on them ie tantalizers and bigtreat. they need to be more liquid anyway. for fellas willing as i said before to have their dosh tied down in '08, it may be worth buying the ipo after u've perused the prospectus when it comes out
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 2:16pm On Jan 20, 2008
Guk:

Omoyeni is still WEMA boss –CBN
By Ayo Olesin and Yemi Kolapo
Published: Saturday, 19 Jan 2008
The Central Bank of Nigeria has denied speculations that the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Wema Bank Plc, Mr. Adebisi Omoyeni, has been fired.

The Deputy Governor, Financial Sector Surveillance, Mr. Tunde Lemo, said that Omoyeni was neither sacked nor suspended as widely circulated.

The CBN chief, who spoke with our correspondent in Abuja, said that Omoyeni was only on routine leave.

”He is on routine leave and you can quote me. He remains a member of the bank‘s board. No one has asked him to go and I can confirm to you that the bank is healthy,” he said

He also denied that Omoyeni‘s leave was linked to the re-examination of the bank, which was scheduled to commence on Monday by CBN‘s inspectors.

Lemo explained that the bank‘s inspection was a routine matter and that the CBN regularly embarked on house inspections to complement its electronic financial surveillance system (e-fass).

According to him, the CBN insists on comprehensive supervision of banks to ensure the integrity of the banking system.

”In fact, we are getting to a stage where we will have resident inspectors in the big banks,” he added.

The CBN was being expected to make a formal statement on the speculation as at press time.

When contacted, the Head, Corporate Affairs, Wema Bank Plc, Mr. Tunde Olofintila, also denied allegations that his boss had been removed by the CBN.

In a text message to our correspondent, he said Omoyeni was only on an annual vacation.

”Don‘t forget that he has not been on vacation since he became the Group Managing Director in 2005,” he stated.

He, however, declined to pick his calls for further interrogation.

Omoyeni joined Wema Bank in March, 1987 as an assistant manager and has worked in various capacities since then.

He has been Assistant General Manager, Insurance, Pension and Registrar Services; General Manager (Administration); Executive Director, Resource management and Services; and Executive Director, Investment Banking and Public Sector.

He was also Executive Director, Retail Banking until October 4, 2005, when he proceeded on a leave of absence from the bank following his appointment as the Deputy Governor of Ekiti State.

He was appointed MD/CEO of the bank on December 7, 2007.

Wema Bank‘s profit after tax increased substantially from a loss of N6.6bn in 2006 to a profit of N2.5bn in 2007, representing an increase of 138 per cent.

According to the full year result of the bank for the period ended March 31, 2007, turnover increased from N14.83bn in 200 to N24.43bn in 2007.

While speaking at the bank‘s annual general meeting, held in Kano in December 2007, Omoyeni explained that the loss of N6.6bn in 2006, was exceptionally due to a high loan loss provision of N10.26bn.

Deposit liabilities of the bank also increased from N85.6bn to N125.48bn, translating to a seven-year record high growth rate of 47 per cent.

Gross earnings grew by 78.4 per cent, up from N14.8bn in 2006 to N24.63bn in 2007. This had hitherto grown at an average rate of 31.4 per cent yearly between 2001 and 2006.

The bank also disclosed at its last AGM that it would open its hybrid share offer to the public before February 2008, to raise N130bn

The MD said that the bank was going to the market to raise more funds in order to increase its capacity to deliver on its promises to all its stakeholders and customers.

The offer is expected to have a Global Depository Receipt of 40 per cent and a rights issue prospect while the bulk would be reserved for local subscription.

The GDR perspective, according to the MD, is to accommodate both local and foreign stake holding in the bank.

[/quote

ABEG! i still repeat that medium/long term investors in WEMA should be careful. whatever the CBN may say we are not kids here,how can a bank's CEO go on compulsory leave when it is about to launch its Public offer. and i dont expect the CBN to start pulling down any bank verbally even if things are not well with it, meanwhile these mild response from CBN was given by a former MD(Tunde lemo) of this same bank. i am more than convinced that somethin is amiss here, only time will tell!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 2:20pm On Jan 20, 2008
ABEG! i still repeat that medium/long term investors in WEMA should be careful. whatever the CBN may say we are not kids here,how can a bank's CEO go on compulsory leave when it is about to launch its Public offer. and i don't expect the CBN to start pulling down any bank verbally even if things are not well with it, meanwhile these mild response from CBN was given by a former MD(Tunde lemo) of this same bank. i am more than convinced that somethin is amiss here, only time will tell!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 2:30pm On Jan 20, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@ father of 2,
thanks for the advice, however, I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT DIAMOND HAS INDEED RELEASED SIX MONTHS RESULT THREE MONTHS AGO, MAYBE YOU MISSED IT, CHECK ONLINE AND YOU WILL SEE, HOWEVER I WILL WAIT AND SEE WHAT HIS WEEK HAS IN STORE.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 2:40pm On Jan 20, 2008
@AKT

You told me so.
I will likely buy more Big Treat when it does PO as a long term investment.
I am basically a long-termer and hope to start collecting dividends in solid stocks in a few years time when the NSE settles down.
With the occasional forays into active investing.

Samstone4 cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:07pm On Jan 20, 2008
shigidi:

@ father of 2,

You're right i missed that result.Thanks. And i've been waiting ever since.i'll update my records now now.
So d next step now is 9 months for diamond.
Lets see how it goes this week. 9 months should be in feb.Leave something in Diamond.And put some in FCMB so you can eat from Both.
They both have April Year End.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 3:12pm On Jan 20, 2008
@Babaof2

I may be a silent thread reader, but I really appreciate your messages

From the posts of other nairalanders, I have come to believe I cannot be a short term trader, because I dont have the patience to follow the market to make sure each and every stock I choose are going up in the next week.

I work better as a medium term trader, with a trading time of 6 months.

I am thinkin of selling my GTB, DEAP, Lasaco and fidelity in order to get in on the chams and skye bank offer.

do you think I should still wait it out or go on with the sales

Also, I bought dangote sugar, too expensive at N49, I have been waiting to break even so I can atleast sell and get into another share, but it doesnt seem to want to get there, I want to count my losses and get into another stock instead of wait around till eternity for it to rise again.

What do you think should be my best approach!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 3:45pm On Jan 20, 2008
@ ty_ademolu, selling those shares for that purpose at this time is not advisable. Especially GTB, if you sell now the stock may soon start an upward move.

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.