Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,149 members, 7,880,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:10 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (822731 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 2:32pm On Jan 21, 2008
blueband:

I just offloaded my equityasur.After making a profit of 100 percent.I only bought in November.Greed almost allow me no sell.But like the gurus always say, "stick to your exit plan and don't be greedy"

That's INVESTING 101!!!! It is also a sign that you know what you are doing. Congratulations
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by helpme1: 2:40pm On Jan 21, 2008
@ALL
What is the meaning if a stock is on pending?I told my
broker she should sell Intercon.bank for me last week,but she
is telling that it is on pending since last week thursday,I gave her a mandate @40.50,
but the price for today is below 40.My guru in the house,can you
show me light.I hope the NSE will not sell it below N40.50 for me
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Gudchoice: 2:49pm On Jan 21, 2008
blueband:

I just offloaded my equityasur.After making a profit of 100 percent.I only bought in November.Greed almost allow me no sell.But like the gurus always say, "stick to your exit plan and don't be greedy"

@ Blueband: Good thing you exited at your exit point, but where do you see this stock going? Abi e don reach last stop? It gained 4.82%
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Rhemagirl(f): 2:50pm On Jan 21, 2008
I can see some of the gurus online.Please kindly let me know the update on the NAHCO offer.Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 2:52pm On Jan 21, 2008
Rhemagirl:

I can see some of the gurus online.Please kindly let me know the update on the NAHCO offer.Thanks

678% oversubscribed. So expect that you will ahve money to spend from the refund money!!!!!! Be on the look out for your returned cheque
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 2:54pm On Jan 21, 2008
Interesting! Afribank just gained 84 kobo as I was saying yesterday, ha! I don de talk like some guruooo.

I still dey learn from Oga Father of 2n wanajo, easimoni etc etc

If this trend continues tomorrow, I will be in green less than two days after jumping into this one. Hail mary.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 2:59pm On Jan 21, 2008
UBA picked up some increase today. Seems as that 3 bil. Units was not a negative happening afterall, if it was guys will be selling like mad.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 2:59pm On Jan 21, 2008
wanaj0:

That's INVESTING 101!!!! It is also a sign that you know what you are doing. Congratulations

Oga Wanajo,
Na true you talk, but it can be a very hard experience.  I bought 100,000 of Japaul Oil at N6.02 some time in August to offload during technical lift, I watch am oooooo then I no fit bear I sold all at N8.02.  The cheque self my broker never give me but the Japaul Oil today na N11.17 angry  Does anyone have a white hanky.  Madam Peace help naaaa
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blest(m): 3:02pm On Jan 21, 2008
wanaj0:

Akpotogun, met many Nigerians who on moving houses they mistakenly open books only to find cheques/money inside.

I told someone to hide his money in books and he can be sure armed robbers no go even open am.

That's just black amn for you. we beleive in 'shiny shiny' things

Oga Wanajo, with all due respect i dont agree with you.I believe a nation is general perception of what we call ourselves.i think you're speaking from a section of the society.All my life in nigeria and abroad Nigerians are one of the brightest pple i have come across. the only way we can change this perception is to send the right msg to our bothers and not make a final declaration of them.
Thank you for all contributions , men have i learnt from you.i guess others can too
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Rhemagirl(f): 3:06pm On Jan 21, 2008
Abeg i done tire for all these returned money.Maybe person go just fashie shares.Meanwhile i need an advice.I gave money to my stockbroker to buy G T Bank shares for me and they bought it almost N34 AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT to do cos that price is just too much. How long can i wait before i make my money on it?Awon Gurus please answer me.Its painful that in this forum, some of us just bring problems while some solve it.I can't wait to be a guru on these matters
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Allcorrect(m): 3:13pm On Jan 21, 2008
@FO2

Na wah u no even talk say dis my son wey request somting make u even tell am say u go ansa am or u no go ansa am. Daaaadddddiiiiiiiiiii i dey wait o
Abeg now I need som advice from U. embarassed embarassed

Oh my God C$I got max gain 2day. We don hammer o. grin grin grin grin grin

Daaadiii (FO2) Thanks on the GTB tip, me no wait for mth end, sharp sharp, place my order on Friday according to Daaaaadi's tip. Today the thing don gain like 3.somting %.
I am loving this country.
Already planning my exit. grin grin

PHB also gained today, Tinking of exiting thisFriday according to what I learnt from Daaaaadii cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 3:13pm On Jan 21, 2008
@blest, are you saying Nigerian are good at reading books? I have just decided to abandon my almost completed manuscript for a book I have been writing (now 130 pages)

My reason is that all around me, none of my friends have read a complete book despite my prodding. Everybody borrows my films but nobody has ever asked to také my books!

Everybody will like me to tell them of my trading strategies, but when I give them book references for further reading, they get up and say bye.

Even the internet, they never browse pages like nairaland, they prefare colored pages with more graphics than letters.

I better leave my money alone, rather than using it to publish a book that will gather dust on some book stand, with nobody to read them.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 3:14pm On Jan 21, 2008
FCMB is falling like a house with very bad foundation,
any idea if they've listed the offer shares as written in their prospectus?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Allcorrect(m): 3:19pm On Jan 21, 2008
@rhema girl,

Maybe u will prefer to buy GTB at N45.Soon enough u no go see am buy. Their Ye is Feb, dont 4get.

Just take a look at todays price list. cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 3:23pm On Jan 21, 2008
@Allcorrect,
as per PHB,shine your eyes because friday might be too late,
remember to sell when there are still buyers.
(spreadshit money no good oh)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blest(m): 3:31pm On Jan 21, 2008
invisible!:

@blest, are you saying Nigerian are good at reading books? I have just decided to abandon my almost completed manuscript for a book I have been writing (now 130 pages)

My reason is that all around me, none of my friends have read a complete book despite my prodding. Everybody borrows my films but nobody has ever asked to také my books!

Everybody will like me to tell them of my trading strategies, but when I give them book references for further reading, they get up and say bye.

Even the internet, they never browse pages like nairaland, they prefare colored pages with more graphics than letters.

I better leave my money alone, rather than using it to publish a book that will gather dust on some book stand, with nobody to read them.

@invisible
Exactly what am talking about.Nigerians love to read books,it just matters what pple are around you.imagine you stopping to write a book becos of your friends and co.very simple , just change your friends cos they are a bad influence on you or ypu change them.Am sure your friends dont constitute up to 0.001% of this country.

i beg this thread na for stocks so lets leave it at that.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 3:37pm On Jan 21, 2008
@Blueband,

As regards writing a book, its a welcome idea . I suggested it on this thread in August,2007 but nobody responded.

I hope they will respond positively this time around.

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 3:44pm On Jan 21, 2008
@ blest, I feel you, lets talk stocks and leave market for market women.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by engrkunlex: 3:48pm On Jan 21, 2008
I have shares in different banks and company but I dont have CSCS account, Is it risk to be maintaining that acount and what is the implication to?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 3:49pm On Jan 21, 2008
All

Is it possible to change the trade alert mobile number?

My broker asked me for a mobile number when I was registering and I gave my number here. he requested that I give a Nigerian number. I did not know what it was meant for. After reading the trade alert thingy in some pages  back, I asked him and he told me that it is sent to the number I gave him.

Who knows if it can be changed?
Thanks all.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:58pm On Jan 21, 2008
faketan:

All

Is it possible to change the trade alert mobile number?

My broker asked me for a mobile number when I was registering and I gave my number here. he requested that I give a Nigerian number. I did not know what it was meant for. After reading the trade alert thingy in some pages  back, I asked him and he told me that it is sent to the number I gave him.

Who knows if it can be changed?
Thanks all.

i don't see why not, what if u change mobile numbers, them go punish u? don't forget its a service u pay for but i guess in naija that doesnt count for much. but the simpe answer to ur question is YES it can be changed. I get mine in the UK on a UK number.
hope this helps
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:58pm On Jan 21, 2008
blest:

Oga Wanajo, with all due respect i don't agree with you.I believe a nation is general perception of what we call ourselves.i think you're speaking from a section of the society.All my life in nigeria and abroad Nigerians are one of the brightest people i have come across. the only way we can change this perception is to send the right msg to our bothers and not make a final declaration of them.
Thank you for all contributions , men have i learnt from you.i guess others can too

That we are bright is not in doubt. It is not the same as having a reading culture. We only tend to read for exams.

How many libraries do we have in Nigeria? That tells you something

Ask how many hours people spend in a week reading and how many they spend watching home videos.

I can go on and on!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 4:11pm On Jan 21, 2008
aktopgun:

i don't see why not, what if u change mobile numbers, them go punish u? don't forget its a service u pay for but i guess in naija that doesnt count for much. but the simpe answer to your question is YES it can be changed. I get mine in the UK on a UK number.
hope this helps
Yes Aktopgun. Thank you very much. I also thought of if I changed my number.

Got to talk to him. He just came online. That's the good thing with Cashcraft or may be my account officer.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by afamako: 4:46pm On Jan 21, 2008
@Wanaj0

On MTN, MTNI (MTN International) is a publicly traded company (listed on the Johannesburg and New York stock exchanges) and as such cannot offer forward looking statements. Each unit of the fund is equivalent to approximately 400 units of MTN, be advised at the end of the investment these shares will be exchanged for shares of the exit “SPV” at a yet to be determined ratio.

That's the info I got about the profit forecast (none is available)

With 400 MTN shares per unit, the shares are being sold @ US$25. Not bad for those that can wait for 3 years or more.

I was just thinking of a different way to approach this MTN thing, since MTN Nigeria is responsible for 40% MTN Group's profits and are currently trading at about 420Rand ($59.xx) on the SA exchange, does it make some sense to use 40% of this list price as a guide to MTNN value? This translates to about $24, in which case there isn't a discount. Responses welcome from all.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 4:53pm On Jan 21, 2008
afamako:

@Wanaj0

I was just thinking of a different way to approach this MTN thing, since MTN Nigeria is responsible for 40% MTN Group's profits and are currently trading at about 420Rand ($59.xx) on the SA exchange, does it make some sense to use 40% of this list price as a guide to MTNN value? This translates to about $24, in which case there isn't a discount. Responses welcome from all.

Nice thinking. I did my valuation based on historical profit that shows a PE of <9.00 at the $25 per share.

The way you've done though sound logical will not stand scrutiny for myriads of reason.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 4:54pm On Jan 21, 2008
@ wanajo, pls why do you think first bank will be so spectacular. what makes you think they can acheive more than 100% growth and surpass ubas performance. pls reply cos i need to understand where ur coming from b4 i FLY IN grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 5:10pm On Jan 21, 2008
invisible!:

I also started to write one but I got tired of typing. PLus there are so many great books and websites already that I know laziness is the only reason why people can't understand what's going on. Enough time to watch "E!" or "BBA" but not enough to learn where/why to invest. If anyone want's to write a book on the NSE, I can dash you my few pages for free - or maybe I'll just resume writing it when I have free time.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 21, 2008
go to www.oceanicbanknigu will see some listing af all the company nse.

can somone get 2 cscs acct no?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 5:16pm On Jan 21, 2008
@easimoni
I think you are just looking for an excuse to stop writing. Writing has never been easy.

You do not have an excuse.  grin grin grin Having great books and websites does not stop you from making your presentation in your own unique way.

Wake up man. When you finish you will look back and be happy.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 5:20pm On Jan 21, 2008
HOW CAN NAHCO BE 678% OVERSUBSCRIBED

I AM CALLIN IT PARTIAL QUITS ON ALL PUBLIC OFFERS FOR NOW

TILL DEEP POCKETED NIGERIANS FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO PUT THEIR MONIES INTO. which might never happen

this is the heights!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 5:28pm On Jan 21, 2008
When will the TS on AIICO be lifted.

Any idea?,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 5:59pm On Jan 21, 2008
This thread no move today, abi na nations cup cos am?

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.