Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,840 members, 7,872,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:54 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (362) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (821553 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Gudchoice: 9:10pm On Jan 21, 2008
help me:

You are telling me,she is lieing to me,i will call her tomorrow to sell and she should not lie to me.She forget say i get my invisble and best brokers for nairaland.

@ Help Me - E be like say you really need help o shocked Na wetin concern agbero with overload How your broker take lie now grin

@ Invincible - I also use FUSL and yes, they are prone to doing this. However, as usual there is no problem. Give them a call or email customer services and they will sort out pronto.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 9:22pm On Jan 21, 2008
Daily Stock position attached:

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 9:25pm On Jan 21, 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 9:27pm On Jan 21, 2008
Just getting in and trying to catch up.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 9:54pm On Jan 21, 2008
help me:

You are telling me,she is lieing to me,i will call her tomorrow to sell and she should not lie to me.She forget say i get my invisble and best brokers for nairaland.

You have to be careful here. The fact that the price of a stock rose to your offer price does not mean it should have been sold. There may not be enough demand available at that price to mop up the shares of everyone that offered at your price or even higher. Most sales for the day may have been at a price below your offer price.

The same thing applies to when you are trying to buy. You may not get the stock at the lowest or near low price of the day because there may not be many traders that offered to sell at that low price.

As much as you can, be practical when setting a price cap. Asking your broker to sell a stock at +4% of today's closing price for a stock tomorrow that is not on a serious bull run will usually lead to disappointment. I paid the price for example when I offered to buy DeapCapital at a limit price of N3.90. I still do this but I don't complain when my order is not executed.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by abujabooks(f): 9:54pm On Jan 21, 2008
@Easimoni,  thanks for that. I like the way you use examples to illustrate your point. Lol.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by afamako: 9:57pm On Jan 21, 2008
@Roughcut
MTN Nigeria gross revenue half-year june '07 is N173B(i think this is a cash cow!) and forward  EPS has been estimated N12.89 by proshareng.com

Half-year operating expenses is about N35B(38% of gross revenue) and expenses before interest, taxes etc around N100B so PAT for half-year '07 comes in at around N38B annualized gives a forward PAT for full-year '07 as N76B  according to proshareng.com.

I think i will leave you to make your own conclusions!

I understand what unit trusts are but what I'm trying to get my head round is the valuation. MTNN financial information provided by Afrinvest (house floating the fund) shows PAT for half year 07 as N52.4b so annualised is N105b.

I asked them for the total outstanding of MTNN and was told 43 million shares. Now don't forget each share is approx $25 (N2,950.00) which means an EPS of N2,441.00 and PE of 1.2 (This looks too good to be true hence checking info from other sources).

Can anyone confirm the number of outstanding shares for MTNN?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 10:01pm On Jan 21, 2008
@
this one that nigeria lost today,hope it wont affect the market tommorow grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:16pm On Jan 21, 2008
Ha. So did this market catch anyone napping? I know una all dey too much to allow that to happen.

Let us recap from last week.

Afribank - Did you get your bonus at N26.16 at a store near you as adviced? This is just history repeating itself. Rinse and Repeat. Now the stock is on net bid. Let's not be caught napping again. and again.

AirPHB - I took permission that I will be pausing for some gas today and I did at N29.60 per gallon. Now I have raised altitude to N30.98 and I still have net thrust. Traders against Fundamentalists. Fundamentalists always win. Long term buyers don't worry about paying 5% premium. 

The Captain told you to wait for your 25% and you were shaking. Please hold on tight. Slight turbulence ahead but we are holding steady for a couple more days and not going back near TS altitude.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:23pm On Jan 21, 2008
upward:

@pumping,
i wonder how full this our PZ flightis, because the less the pasengers the lighter and more room to relax in the craft. But I hope it has as much momentum like the PHB turbo jet, so that we don't crashland. BTW who is the captain for this one?

Funny enough I did not board this flight. Instead I have put all my eggs in one basket of Afribank with each egg costing N26.16. The only fear is that any turbulence can break the eggs but the Captain has assured me of no such surprises.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 10:26pm On Jan 21, 2008
@pumping, I got my Afribank last week, thanks man. Only I didnt hear the stock is on bid
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 10:29pm On Jan 21, 2008
AIICO, when will the market open,

,,and UBA still dey confuse me  why is the price down, what is the expectation in the short  to medium term , make una answer,  wink

, by the way, I dey on board this Afribank flight, grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ngegy: 10:32pm On Jan 21, 2008
invisible!:

I have a problem here, a very easy looking problem, but may cause a big problem later. My stock broker has been double buying stocks for me. By this I mean he either knowingly or unknowingly executes my buy orders twice.

Today, I got a trade alert for 20000 units of FBN. I  had given them orders to buy last thursday, which they bought at 42.90, today they bought another 20000 units at 42.30. What do you guys suggest I do? I have not enough money in my account to cover this purchase.

Last time this same thing happened with Diamond bank, I had to put in more money to put my account in credit.

Do you people think this is bad, will they go on and charge me interest if I don't pay in money to credit my account?

Has anybody experienced this before?

based on my experience i`ll say its a good thing. I asked my broker to buy me 20000 units of intercont when it was N25 but he bought it twice, 25 and 24.98. i kept it for more than three months without any interest. i think he wants you to trade more so he could benefit from the commisions.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:32pm On Jan 21, 2008
invisible!:

@pumping, I got my Afribank last week, thanks man. Only I didnt hear the stock is on bid

Look at the daily stock position delivered by Kpineo and NBA to see that Afribank is on net bid.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 10:34pm On Jan 21, 2008
pumping777:

Funny enough I did not board this flight. Instead I have put all my eggs in one basket of Afribank with each egg costing N26.16. The only fear is that any turbulence can break the eggs but the Captain has assured me of no such surprises.

Dont mind my yeye brokers - They refused me boarding pass last friday ooo -- now the flight has taken off.

They better not try any yawa for my order tomorrow  because I go vex for them.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 21, 2008
IBTC STOCKWATCH

STOCKS / INVESTMENTS TO WATCH
·  Oceanic Bank Plc
·  Equity Assurance Plc
·  UBA Plc
·  Zenith Bank Plc
·  Oasis Insurance Plc

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 10:35pm On Jan 21, 2008
EMMAACHILE:

IBTC STOCKWATCH

STOCKS / INVESTMENTS TO WATCH
· Oceanic Bank Plc
· Equity Assurance Plc· UBA Plc
· Zenith Bank Plc
· Oasis Insurance Plc

Anything fantastic going forward as per this 2?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:36pm On Jan 21, 2008
Prince11:

AIICO, when will the market open,

,,and UBA still dey confuse me   why is the price down, what is the expectation in the short  to medium term , make una answer,  wink

, by the way, I dey on board this Afribank flight, grin

UBA jet has some slight engine problems. Be patient. Some turbo jets will soon be released to aid it's flight.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 10:40pm On Jan 21, 2008
@Pumping777,
OK, make I go load more UBA then, , the more the merrier,

I still need to know when AIICO go open floor,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 10:43pm On Jan 21, 2008
By the way, what is powering UTC and First Aluminium. Both seems to be defying gravity, any idea?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 11:00pm On Jan 21, 2008
pumping777:

Pumping! You're no longer an fundamentalist? Afribank has 11.13B shares (assuming the PO will be 125% alloted) and a projected PAT of 11B, giving a forward PE of 27+. I know CICO is sweet but I wouldn't apply it to the more expensive stocks. Too much downside in Afribank for me.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Etin(f): 11:13pm On Jan 21, 2008
A unit trust and OEIC(open ended investment company) are very similar except that for unit trust it has a specific period of time for which it should operate(closed funds)

Unit Trust are open ended hence do not have an end date. Investment Trust on the other hand have fixed amount that can be invested, fixed units and a fixed last trading day after which the managers may invite you to roll it over to another Investment Trust. In UK they are listed on the stock market and enquiries on them are directed at the Registrar. Unit Trust on the other hand is open and keeps growing and all administration is done by the Fund Adminstrator / Managers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ben0524(m): 11:29pm On Jan 21, 2008
All GURU's,

1, Pls, can someone tell when DANGOTE FLOUR MILL will be listed?
2, What do you guys fill about about INTERNATIONAL ENERGY INSSURANCE?, i bought 15,000 Unit before the reconstruction and now
myholdings is just 5,000 Units how certain can it get to my exit point of N15?
3, Should i still hold my UNITY BANK or i should just sell it? and when are they likely to do their P.O?
4, When will the ACEN INSURANCE approach the market again? cos i am set to join the train, i dont want to miss out as i did with
INTERNATIONAL BREWERIES?

To all GURU'S in the house.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ben0524(m): 11:30pm On Jan 21, 2008
All GURU's,

1, Pls, can someone tell when DANGOTE FLOUR MILL will be listed?
2, What do you guys fill about about INTERNATIONAL ENERGY INSSURANCE?, i bought 15,000 Unit before the reconstruction and now
myholdings is just 5,000 Units how certain can it get to my exit point of N15?
3, Should i still hold my UNITY BANK or i should just sell it? and when are they likely to do their P.O?
4, When will the ACEN INSURANCE approach the market again? cos i am set to join the train, i dont want to miss out as i did with
INTERNATIONAL BREWERIES?

To all GURU'S in the house.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 5:06am On Jan 22, 2008
How Profitable is Forex?

Attached is a detailed statement of forex account in US dollars

Summary: (US Dollars)
Duration: 3 weeks (31st December 2007 - 21st January 2008)
Percent return on Investment: 3750/9968 x 100 = 37.62%
Deposit/Withdrawal: 9 968.00
Closed Trade Profit: 3 750.55
Floating Profit: -74.42
Balance: 13 718.55

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 5:53am On Jan 22, 2008
EMMAACHILE:

How Profitable is Forex?

Attached is a detailed statement of forex account in US dollars

Summary: (US Dollars)
Duration: 3 weeks (31st December 2007 - 21st January 2008)
Percent return on Investment: 3750/9968 x 100 = 37.62%
Deposit/Withdrawal: 9 968.00
Closed Trade Profit: 3 750.55
Floating Profit: -74.42
Balance: 13 718.55

Brother Emmanuel
is this part of "STOCK MARKET TIPS FOR NIGERIANS"
keep in line and respect the status quo!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by question(m): 6:26am On Jan 22, 2008
People,
BREAKING NEWS!
Share prices in Asia continue to fall a day after global stocks tumbled amid fears of a global recession.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7201658.stm

Did I hear 'global recession'?
I hope this bad news does not get to NSE, because heads will roll.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 6:53am On Jan 22, 2008
@ question, the NSE is still 'immune' or do I use 'insulated' to all those crashes and falls in the global economy. This is one area where it is good to be a poor nation. grin grin Let their stocks keep falling untill we go in and help them buy up some stake, we are their business friends, what are friends for anyway? grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:09am On Jan 22, 2008
easimoni:

Pumping! You're no longer an fundamentalist? Afribank has 11.13B shares (assuming the PO will be 125% alloted) and a projected PAT of 11B, giving a forward PE of 27+. I know CICO is sweet but I wouldn't apply it to the more expensive stocks. Too much downside in Afribank for me.

Ha. The leopard will not change it's spots o. I still stick to my fundamentals but won't miss an obvious CICO opportunity. I even have 30 as my forward PE since my projected PAT is 10B.  I bought Afribank at a forward PE of 29 but you probably won't find me with the stock by next week.

I don't see too much of a downside in Afribank after the dip to N26. Look at Access as an example. The forward PE was as high as 40 before the Q-3 results and even now the forward PE is 33 and the stock is still on an up trend.

UBA is the best bet for me in banking right now and I am up to my neck in it. Afribank na side betting.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 7:34am On Jan 22, 2008
easimoni:

Pumping! You're no longer a fundamentalist? Afribank has 11.13B shares (assuming the PO will be 125% alloted) and a projected PAT of 11B, giving a forward PE of 27+. I know CICO is sweet but I wouldn't apply it to the more expensive stocks. Too much downside in Afribank for me.

Hahahahahahahah, easimoni,leave CAPTAIN now. The guy dey fly plane and e get open mind.
You no see say na only AIRBUS AND BOEING e dey fly, e no dey fly Aeroflot from Russia.
Captain i dey enjoy this PHBflight oh.Na armed robber profit i just dey collect for this stock.
E be like my N32 target will even be exceeded at this jet speed.That will be my MURDER of the month of Jan.
Na double chopping go dey this stock this year.

Wey passenger Roughcut and Kpineo.Abi una go dey follow airhostess dey gist.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:44am On Jan 22, 2008
FatherOF2:

Hahahahahahahah, easimoni,leave CAPTAIN now. The guy dey fly plane and e get open mind.
You no see say na only AIRBUS AND BOEING e dey fly, e no dey fly Aeroflot from Russia.
Captain i dey enjoy this PHBflight oh.Na armed robber profit i just dey collect for this stock.
E be like my N32 target will even be exceeded at this jet speed.That will be my MURDER of the month of Jan.

i wan follow Pumping stop small for mid-air refuelling yesterday but i decided against it i still dey seriously on board just go inside the luggage compartment to check say my 75,000KG luggage still dey kampe!

A beg where ololufemi dey sit sef window or aisle?

As i don dey married now wifey go vex if she come know say i dey 'chat' with air hostess so i no follow go gist with air hostess o
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 7:46am On Jan 22, 2008
FatherOF2:

When are you using your parachute to jet out of the BOC plane? You dey wait for the result?

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.